313 N. Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sottosottorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4045236678x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm-12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Riccardo Ullio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Will accommodate most party sizes, please call for details.
A word from Sotto Sotto
The shortest route to Sotto Sotto's charms lies through its fresh pasta, with "simple" and "traditional" being the bywords.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sotto Sotto - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Sotto Sotto reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (128)fit for foodies (118)special occasion (116)romantic (103)notable wine list (92)great for outdoor dining (59)hot spot (31)good for groups (31)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great experienceFoodieLoveDined on 9/17/2014The food was wonderful, the drink was strong, and the wait staff and host are too notch. Very welcoming and friendly, it's their service that sets then apart. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversary dinnerColsonDined on 9/13/2014Food, service and place terrific! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Never fails to impress from start to finish. Amazing service that pays attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticjcatlVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food and service are as good as anywhere in town. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialTartuffaDined on 9/12/2014Chose this place for my birthday dinner... Neither of us cared for the olive oil tasting - we ended up ordering butter to go with our bread. And I love olive oil. Veal Chop had very good mushroom sauce which was its one redeeming quality...it was overcooked (medium was suggested). The exclusively Italian wine list was very fine. The best flavors of the night came from the pasta dishes.....the butter/sage ravioli was flavorful, but the hit of the night was the Strangled Priest dish? Sweet fennel sausage in a red sauce - I could have eaten that sauce all night long. My big reasoning behind the lower rating is that the ambiance really was blah......modern/non-descript - no romantic feeling at all - I'm just more into the rustic I guess!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Used to be a special place, complacent now and the food was not fabulous. Pity.Special Features:
- Always a great choice!excapethezipDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant has consistently been a favorite of ours. The food and service has always been impeccable. I never sway from my usual balsamic rissotto and "priest strangler".Special Features:
- Terrible parking. Great restaurantEclecticDJVIPDined on 9/6/2014Twice the valet kids have dented my car. On the most recent visit they backed our brand new BMW into a space and hit a concrete wall. Will not go back because of this. If you go try to find street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014A longstanding favorite of ours. Ricardo (owner), Blake and Eric never disapoint and it always look forward to our meal and catching up wth the Soto Soto team.Special Features:
- party of 11 for BDAYPartyof11Dined on 9/5/2014They did a great job of seating us on time - had table ready and got first drink order quickly. Waiter was friendly, helpful and effecient. The food came out at a good pace. Wine recommendations were sound and somehow he split the bill correctly with minimal direction. The tagliatelle (sp) with mushrooms, the ravioli, etc were all great. The risotto was not as good as I remembered but still yummy. All in all very memorable dinner and birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Special Occasion or Any OccasiongamgamVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dined on the newly improved patio out back. Very special ambience and lots of room to have an intimate dinner experience. Very nice atmosphere and candlelight, music and service made us feel like we were in a garden of someone's home. Mostly small (2 and 4 folks to a table) which keeps the noise level down for wonderful deep conversations. We had cocktails and shared apps, and ordered entrees, and wine. Our server was experienced in Italian food and wine and made very honest suggestions. All were spot on!Special Features:
- Always fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This is such a fantastic restaurant. Phenomenal food that is just plan good without trying too hard. Quality service is obviously something the management invests in, making the wait staff is so pleasant, professional and informed. The wine is always fantastic as well. We love this place and will go back many many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfuldirtytiniDined on 8/27/2014This was our first visit to Soto Soto, and it was wonderful. It was a Weds night, so it wasn't overly crowded. Our meal was exceptional and our server suggested a perfect wine pairing. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantatlsurferDined on 8/25/2014Went in for a first date, which the staff quickly picked up on ams gave us the perfect amount of space while still paying attention to our needs. The food was simply spectacular. Any complaints from me would be a lie. Bot me and my date loved the food, the ambiance, the dining experience in general. I was treated with the utmost respect just like everyone else around me even though we are a very young couple. That was a very welcomed aspect of the experience. I can't stress enough how much the staff made the experience that much more enjoyable. Had the food been sub par, which wasnt the case, the experience would have still ben a great one due to the staff alone. It was an al around wonderful experience. I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceVAGAFamilyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went for a special occasion expecting the food and service to be amazing. However, we were disappointed. While we thought the food was okay, the portions were on the small side and the service was very bad. Add in the difficult valet situation and we will not likely ever be back.Special Features:
- Delicious!iareninaDined on 8/23/2014My first time at Sotto Sotto and I loved it! Inside dining is pretty cramped. Tables for couples are REALLY close; you can hear others' conversation and just far enough for elbow room. Although the seating arrangements weren't what I expected, don't let it overshadow the food. Started off with Caesar salad, typical. Then I ordered the Michealangelo tortellini and my parter had the pappardelle w/ duck ragu, both PHENOMENAL. This place is def worth the try. I'll def be going back despite the seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattyinathensDined on 8/22/2014The servers seemed to like being there; we were attended by several different people. The host was jovial. The food was very good. The noise level was high and diners were crowded. There were several large groups. The antipasto was excellent: meats and cheeses, with olives and mushrooms. I had a delicious chicken with baby potatoes. My companion loved his pasta with sausage sauce. Dessert was very good as well.Special Features:
- FabredsocksVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great service and the veal Parmesan was the best I've ever had. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scbuckheadscbuckheadVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always first rate. Despite an early (7:15 PM) reservation and open tables we had to wait, but we weren't in a hurry so it was fine. However, the food coming out of the kitchen was slow on this evening for everyone. That sometimes happens. The waiter did a great job of keeping us informed and apologized for the delays. Once each course was served, it was perfect! We both ordered fish and both dishes were hot and cooked to perfection! solid wine list. We've been fortunate to enjoy Italian cuisine world wide, and the best Italy and Sicily have to offer on several trips. Sotto Sotto is always at the top of that list. Always first rate!! Really love this place.Special Features:
- Divine foodBetsyDined on 8/16/2014Our first dinner at Sotto Sotto did not disappoint. We sat on the patio for more privacy. Lovely (could use some color). Splitting courses is an excellent strategy to taste each course without exploding. We shared the scallops, mushroom risotto, "priest strangler" and the salmon main course. All were superb. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MeallisacrnVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful glass of sparkling rose to begin our evening - lovely bottle of vino - fantastic starters and outstanding pasta dishes. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great FoodMG00Dined on 8/15/2014I have been to Sotto Sotto several time during restaurant week, but never during their regular menu. This was the first time and well worth it. Also the pasta is pretty affordable for how delicious it is. We had a party of 6 and everyone greatly enjoyed their meal. The best thing on the table was easily the meat lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Plain GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Sotto Sotto was a great overall experience. Food was very good, service was friendly & attentive. Prices were fair for what you ordered. Very good wine list. The people treated you as if they were glad you came. Good decor. I loved being able to see right into the kitchen. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMediationMommyDined on 8/6/2014Food was excellent and the server made fabulous recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014We received outstanding service at Sotto Sotto. We had a large party as a celebration for my brother's birthday and they were very accommodating, attentive and fast.Special Features:
- Among the best Italian in the cityAguyfromatlantaDined on 8/2/2014This was a return visit and we were pleased again. We dined in the outdoor garden and I recommend it if space is available. The service and food were fantastic. We like to take our time and savor the food, wine, ambiance and conversation. Those who complain about slow service here need to relax and enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JScjVIPDined on 7/28/2014For me Sotto Sotto is one of the best restaurants in Atlanta. I love this place. I had friends visiting from out of the country and decided to take them there for dinner. They loved everything; food, service, ambiance, etc! Please keep up the great work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantasticatlfoodloverDined on 7/25/2014We loved our dishes (duck ragu and mullet roe) and we have a feeling everything on this menu would be just as fantastic. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experiencepaigeDined on 7/24/2014As always, the food, service, and wine at Sotto Sotto are unparalleled in Atlanta. For the price, it really can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine listMediationMommyDined on 7/23/2014James is the waiter to request when you are going to the restaurant. Nice place with an interesting food selection. They offer a variety of options and excellent cheeses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting from BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Fresh pasta was incredible. Atmosphere was cozy and relaxed. Waitress incredibly knowledgable with food and wine. Our best meal in Atlanta. Recommend it highly. Apparently tough to get reservations but went on a moday night in summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & food top notch !KenelitemorDined on 7/20/2014Alittle skeptical @ first with tight seating while celebrating a family birthday but the manager quickly noticed our nervousness & moved us to a great table. Jenny our server could not be any more close to perfect & the food matched ! Will defiantly be back on a night to try out the patio ( date night :-) !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurant!EstebanOrtiz13Dined on 7/20/2014Came here for my 23rd birthday & the food was fantastic. My waitress was very polite and treated me & my friends very respectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJenBVIPDined on 7/20/2014Wow! Every time I go to Sotto Sotto I am always impressed with the food and the wine. The farro salad is wonderful and refreshing and the Brunello I enjoyed by the glass was impressive. The bartender was very knowledgeable about the wine list and made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's birthdayestyleDined on 7/20/2014Father really enjoyed the pasta and would like to return soon, and that means a lot coming from him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!!KeyonceDined on 7/19/2014Omg the food was BOMB! Service a bit slow at first, but once things got rolling it was non stop GREATNESS! Server was really sweet too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchNeluDined on 7/19/2014For us, this is the best Italian restaurant in Atlanta. We sat on the patio which is more private. The indoor seating is a little crowded and the noise level there is high. The food was outstanding. I recommend that scallop appetizer and any of the pastas. The service was attentive too. The risottos are great too, but heavier than the pastas. In fact these dishes are so good that i have not tried yet any of the main dishes. There are plenty of interesting wines to choose from and the servers are happy to recommend some.Special Features:
- Wonderfully RomanticDorotheabondgirlVIPDined on 7/18/2014While the meals are excellent at Sotto Sotto -- the food is just stellar. The service is impeccable. This is a restaurant you will find yourself returning to. Time and time again.Special Features:
- CTSCVIPDined on 7/17/2014Consistently great food, with the most friendly servers. We love this gem of a restaurant and have been coming occasionally for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Wine and ServiceFOOD101UNC2010Dined on 7/13/2014First, let me say that I have been to many different resturants in Atlanta at the top of the food scene. This was maybbe my 10th time dining at Sotto Sotto and I am always impressed with the quality of the food, the competence of the wait staff and the wine recommendations. I was here for my partner's stepmother's birthday and they supplementted our meal with champagne and chocloate soup for her-which was a very nice and accommodating surprise. I was very impressed. Also, everybody in the group loved the idea of getting two small dishes, what they term 'first-course size', of two different selections to try them out. Everything on the menu is wonderful and must be tried.Special Features: