Sotto Sotto Ristorante
116 A Avenue Rd.
Toronto, ON M5R 2H4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
Sotto Sotto Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sottosotto.ca/
- Phone: 4169620011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: At Sotto Sotto, we're committed to making your event a special one. We work closely with you to create a menu of distinction that will exceed your expectations. We take great pride in creating time honored rustic Italian cuisine that will delight your senses.
A word from Sotto Sotto Ristorante
At Sotto Sotto, we're committed to making your night a special one. Our chefs are passionate about the quality and authenticity of our Italian cuisine from Rome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sotto Sotto Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Waiting for a table was ridiculouslOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Waiting for a table was ridiculously long even though a table was reserved in advance. Overall food and service was great.Special Features:
- Great, as usual!TODinerVIPDined on 11/28/2012Another great night at Sotto Sotto. Food is pricey but delicious. Momma's lasagna was superb.Special Features:
- Treat yourself to this experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We came up from Detroit to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. All we can say is, it was the best meal we have ever had! Once seated, a young lady approached the table and presented us with a complimentary bottle of Champagne, a surprise from our two daughters living in California. We then conversed with the head waiter, taking his suggestions on what to order. The meal started off with the stuffed mushrooms caps as an appetizer, can you say fabulous! Next was the Caesar Salad, assembled just right for our taste buds. For the main course we enjoyed the Veal Osso Bucco and Bolognese Mamma Laura - with the added meatballs. The meatballs were over the top. If you choose to eat here you will not be disappointed. John & DebbieSpecial Features:
- My favourite spot in all ofthoughtfulfoodDined on 11/22/2012My favourite spot in all of Toronto, I go for my birthday almost every year and am never disappointed with the service or the food. The strawberries and cream dessert is my favourite - they don't always have it but when they do it's a must have.Special Features:
- High quality & inviting atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2012Sotto Sotto is one of my favourite restaurants downtown Toronto. They strike a great balance between providing an excellent food/service experience and having an enjoyable, energetic atmosphere. If you want a quiet formal dinner, Sotto Sotto isn't the right choice. If you want to have a fantastic meal and have a lively conversation in a classy but comfortable setting with a partner and/or family/friends, Sotto Sotto is perfect!Special Features:
- Disappointed second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2012My second time in this restaurant .There is definitely a lighting problem . Major one.Too dark. Can not even read the menu,never mind the wine list. Turning the place into dark does not help to give European style ambiance. It is also so noisy. Waiters welcome you with cliche "Bonasera" and if they notice you leaving then it is "grazie"....1960's "Echoes of Italy"!!!. It sounds so cheap as the waiters are saying just for the sake.. No warmth !. The food is average.Definitely not excellent. I really have difficulty of understanding why this restaurant is so famous.However Toronto is not really a great place for dining out,so, amongst the available ones I guess the place is doing OK.
- I went here to celebrate myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012I went here to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food is amazing, and the restaurant itself is very charming. The only thing I don't like is how loud it is! Be sure to make a reservation, because it's normally packed : )Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2012Excellent food and service. Our table was not ready at reservation time, but a glass of sparkling wine was offered and we enjoyed that.Special Features:
- our last meal during our weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2012our last meal during our weekend in TO to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and it was the best of the scene. The place is great, very cool in a grotto like setting, lots of twists and turns over uneven floors to find the perfect table in the corner . Trusted the sever with the suggestions and then wafted our way through grilled sardines, bufala mozzerella salad, three types of hand made pasta, sausage and veal and finished with limencello and tiramisu made in house and it was on the house as a wonderful gesture. The wine incredible and the evening the best, will never come to Toronto for anything special and not come here again, to miss it would be a mistake. Forget about cruising celebreties (we didn't care) the food is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- We have been to soto sotoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012We have been to soto soto before and it was as good as ever. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent Toronto restaurantdaveinmassDined on 10/4/2012Ambiance and service were excellent. I had informed the restaurant that it was our wedding anniversary but there was no mention made. A simple "congratulations" would have been nice. The food was excellent also and well presented by our waiter. The restaurant seemed very crowded for a Thursday evening but perhaps that's normal. I found it to be quite noisy. The only thing that deserves a bit of a negative were the exorbitant prices on the wine list. We're from the States and we enjoy eating at very nice restaurants here. But the wine prices at Sotto Sotto were over the top. Our meal was nearly $300 CDN. Wine was half the price of the meal plus one appetizer and we selected a medium priced bottle.Special Features:
- Impersonal service. Food prep.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2012Impersonal service. Food prep. uninspired. Overpriced. Noisy.
- Very good overall, but very loudYoungprofessionalDined on 9/22/2012I took my girlfriend out for our 3rd anniversary to Sotto Sotto Ristorante. The food and service were very good, and there was a fittingly romantic atmosphere for the occasion. We even managed not to dent the wallet too much (although there are several ways to send a lot of money). There were a few notable celebrities dining as well. The noise level was extreme there, so conversation was a little taxing even for us who both have good hearing.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2012I had a great meal at Sotto Sotto - good quality food and great but rushed served. I found my meal rushed mainly because of the film festival the restaurant was busy. I dined twice at Sotto Sotto since, and compared to the other few restaurants that I frequented, this was by far the best Italian restaurant I dined in Yorkville. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic! The seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012Food was fantastic! The seafood antipasto platter was absolutely delicious! The restaurant is a bit cramped, but the food more than makes up for that! There was a celebrity sitting besides us ... So you never know who you will run into at the restaurant!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal with one glitchTODinerVIPDined on 8/19/2012Another great night out for dinner at Sotto Sotto. The only downside to the usually uniformly delicious food was a mushroom risotto where the chef left the salt shaker open for too long. Not usual for this establishment. All other dishes were delicious.Special Features:
- I like SS a lot, however foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012I like SS a lot, however food used to be better...Special Features:
- We had a special good experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012We had a special good experiance at our first anniversary. This place is good to have a romantic timeSpecial Features:
- food was average and over-priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012food was average and over-priced. sauce on tuna hid the quality and taste of the tuna, it could have been anything under the sauce. also, portions were not great.Special Features:
- Italian fare at its bestMoncoerDined on 7/27/2012Outstanding Italian fare with a very romantic ambience. The one and only criticism is that the wines are GROSSLY overpriced. Very difficult to find a mediocre wine less than $90Special Features:
- Excellent fresh fish. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2012Excellent fresh fish. Had Barramundi whihc is not often found in Toronto. The fragola in mascarpone was a little disappointing, they coudl have used Ontario strawberries whihc have much more flavour.Special Features:
- The space is really smallalarkyVIPDined on 7/20/2012The space is really small and the alcove they stuck us in was not very inviting. The service was not very responsive.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2012Great food and service. They were a little too keen to get us out so that they could use the table again. The "dessert is on the house" trick without us having seen the dessert menu is a pretty old one that wears a bit thin.Special Features:
- I love Sotto SottoTODinerVIPDined on 7/18/2012Sotto Sotto is my favourite restaurant in Toronto. That says it all....great food,great ambiance....perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. TheDaniDined on 7/7/2012Wonderful experience. The food was excellent and the staff was very attentive and friendly. Great place for date night with your significant other.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2012Food was good, service was excellent, good atmosphere and kitchen was efficient and did not leave a big gap in between courses.Special Features:
- This is my second time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012This is my second time visiting Sotto Sotto. My first visit was very ejoyable; the food was good and the server was attentive even with a full house. On my second visit a year and a half later the food was still good but the service was not ideal. The server messed up my order and offered no compensation but a "sorry" and came to the table once to see how our food was. When we wanted dessert, it took forever to get our server and once we did he went "oh, you want dessert"? Although I enjoyed Sotto's food, I would not return based on the server experience.
- I truly enjoyed the evening.TerryDined on 6/19/2012I truly enjoyed the evening. The service was great, the food was outstanding, and the charm of this intimate setting is very cozy and personable. The main room is quite tight and loud so if you don't want to have dinner with the table next to you, you should definitely request a quiet table.Special Features:
- A beautiful little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012A beautiful little restaurant perfect for a romantic evening out. Very good service and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Shame, shame!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2012The server told us that buying wine by the 1/2 litre was better value than purchasing by the glass....not the case at all! We also decided to share an appetizer befor our meal. The same server suggested adding an extra shrimp, for which we were charged $9.95..the whole dish was only $20!! He should disclose this before taking the order. 'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!' We WON'T be back...nor will we recommend this highly over-rated restaurant.
- Excellent food, though youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2012Excellent food, though you feel a bit rushed. Portions are on the small side. Not the greatest decor, but you are there for food, not furniture.Special Features:
- Meh....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012I was recommended this restaurant by friends and family. The food was good at best and the service was not what I was expecting from a restaurant of this caliber. I had reserved a table many weeks back with a side note stating that it was my girlfriend's birthday. A couple days prior I call the restaurant to remind them we will be celebrating my gf's birthday. The hostess assures me that they've got that noted. Upon completing dinner there was no sign that anyone knew about this birthday celebration. Upon receiving the bill I stated that it was a birthday celebration and the waiter still hadn't done anything about it. At the end I spoke with the Manager who told me she'd make things right the next time. Next time?Special Features:
- Wonderful place, a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2012Wonderful place, a little small with table close by, but really nice ambience, great wine list and meals very good. Service was very very good.Special Features:
- Excellent food and extensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Excellent food and extensive wine list. Service was fast, friendly. Tables are a tad bit close and I'm pretty sure the couple next to us were listening to our every word. Overall, the food is very very good and I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Fine food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Fantastic food, dissappointed that meal didn't come with a side other than a little mound of salad.....should come with at least a side of vegetables. I've had the whole snapper and the calamari entrees.Special Features:
- Sotto Sotto never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2012Sotto Sotto never disappoints! It is the perfect place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Forgotto ForgottoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2012The experience reminded me of the Seinfeld skit around 'taking a reservation' and 'holding a reservation'. This restaurant clearly do not understand the 'holding' of a reservation. It was my wedding anniversary and with a one month old baby you do not have time to waste - that's why you make a reservation! Upon arrival I was told that my table will only be ready 30 minutes after the scheduled time. Thirty minutes passed and I was still crammed in the doorway. I asked to talk to the manager and would probably still be waiting. Sotto Sotto - in my books Forgotto Forgotto!
- Excellent very little gemPaulYULVIPDined on 5/12/2012Excellent little gem with great seafood and meats cooked to perfection. Cool vibe despite it being packed into a quarter basement.Special Features:
- I heard a lot about SottoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2012I heard a lot about Sotto Sotto and it was my first time going there. The food was great, service was great, overall I had an amazing experience! My server was right on top of things, very prompt service. The food portion was just right and the price was reasonable.
- Always a lovely experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/9/2012Always a lovely experience! Delicious food, great service and wonderful ambience!Special Features: