118 E. 6th St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sottocincinnati.com/
- Phone: 5139776886x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef : Jeremy Lieb, Chef de Cuisine : Danny Combs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Sotto
It is a concept of casual intimacy and communal romance. Sotto is the art of simplicity, a steward of restraint. It’s undressed, gutsy and human. It is fire, meat, wheat, and laughter. Above all, Sotto is Italian.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sotto - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Sotto reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (254)special occasion (242)romantic (233)hot spot (185)good for groups (124)notable wine list (118)neighborhood gem (90)vibrant bar scene (66)late-night find (49)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary Dinner at SottoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014My girlfriend and I recently went to Sotto for our 2 year anniversary. It was unbelievable. Our server started by making a great recommendation for a white wine that we enjoyed with our garlic bruschetta. Then we ordered the polenta that is topped with an egg and prosciutto that was beyond delicious. To accompany our dinner we had the half craft of the red wine blend that was quite tasty. My girlfriend ordered the rip cappellacci, and I had the penne alla vodka. The thing that seperates this place is that you can just tell how their pasta is made fresh. Its so soft and fresh. For dessert we finished with the ricotta donuts. Our server recommended dipping it in caramel and pistachio, and man that was a great call. Incredible experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Really nice atmosphere. We met for a birthday dinner. Server was great. The bread and oil was awesome. Meal reasonably priced. Food portions nice. I thought the music was too loud - hard to have a conversation. I liked the music, just volume too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Glad to finally try Sotto. We had a wonderful time and meal. Our pasta was delayed, both our server and manager apologized and comped it. Totally worth the wait will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014My first time there and it was quite an experience. The food was wonderful, the service spectacular! Loved the ambiance of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DollarjrDined on 8/24/2014Of course I forget the name... But the pasta with fresh tomatoes and habanero oil is so delicious I won't order anything else from now on. Very simple flavors that come together and make something exquisite. Probably one of the best pasta dishes I have had... And I've eaten pasta all through Italy, so that's a statement!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmospheremcgowasaDined on 8/23/2014Food was amazing and or server wisely suggested the two of us share courses and it was perfect. Especially loved the seasonal melon salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but LoudChiVisitorVIPDined on 8/23/2014There is a limited menu. The food items are good, but the appetizers and main courses are small. The noise level is very high and the lighting is very dim.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceBobMDined on 8/22/2014Really enjoyed Sotto yet again. The food was fantastic, and the service was very attentive but not too much so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food at SottoWineMe1Dined on 8/22/2014Food is always delicious and interesting. Some innovative touches that really awaken the taste buds. We always leave saying, let's come back again soon!Special Features:
- FoodiemanVIPDined on 8/22/2014honored wife's request for caffeine free diet cola made in advance. little too noisy and could use more a/c.overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The food and service were both great! Our waiter was Patrick and he was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Everything that he suggested was terriffic. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014There were 5 of us for a birthday dinner. All of us self-proclaimed "foodies". The food was very good and the service (Seth) was outstanding...all of Seth's recommendations were spot on! Absolutely LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The food is very good. Wine list is a bit sparse. This restaurant is basically in a basement. The walls are all brick/cement. Thus the incredibly loud music just bounces off the walls and beats you over the head during your meal. Turn it down a bit. It's a restaurant, not a dance club.Special Features:
- Just Fantastic!Suzanne0220Dined on 8/20/2014This was my second time at Sotto, they are setting a level of excellence each time. Service is was beyond great, Seth was personable, funny, knowledgeable and on it. Never had to ask for anything, anticipated our needs and meet them. Food is out of this world and price point is unbeatable for the level of culinary achievement your are eating! It is a MUST!!!Special Features:
- Great but too noisyPauloDined on 8/19/2014A really good experience except for the noise level. Experience would be enhanced by incorporating sound absorption material would improve the ambience significantly. Servers have been knowledgable, personable, and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easy dietingje3105Dined on 8/19/2014Love the brazino, I can eat out here and not gain weight...If I can stay away from the yummy bread and pastaSpecial Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014First visit and we will be back again and again and again and again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome atmospheremabkDined on 8/16/2014Food was mouth watering and the atmosphere was cozy, cool, and current. Loved the underground hideaway feel. I would call it romantic also,but it did get a bit on the loud side , so it's not the quiet type romantic place. But at a table of six, we were still able to talk and hear everyone. Can't wait to go back...food and ambience...aahhhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLRJ125Dined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend and I decided to go to Sotto and we absolutely loved it. It was our second time there and we split the 35oz porterhouse and it was incredible. And the donuts are a necessity for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCeleBr832Dined on 8/15/2014Service was excellent, thank you Jessie, food was wonderful, very tasty and lots of flavor, thank you Chefs, dinning area has great character. We will be back. Book well in advance this place can be difficult to get a reservation without planning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great service & ambience. Food was delicious & portions were large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Memorable and already looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:
- Anniversary night for FoodiesanniversaryforfoodiesDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I love enjoying new food on special occasions. This was a great way to celebrate 18 years of marriage. Great service with excellent adventures for our tastebuds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll love itFoodie1021Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I love Sotto! Their handmade pastas are amazing and the atmosphere is great. We recently celebrated my birthday there and they were so kind to us, we had a perfect evening celebrating. This place is a must!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great dining experience...came for a birthday celebration. Were sat in the private room, which was very intimate and great for a larger group. The service was superb and food delicious. Perfect for large group that doesn't mind sharing. We ordered many different dishes and had so much fun trying everything! made for a memorable experience!! Will definitely come backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Pasta dishes have been excellent. Entrees have been acceptable.Special Features:
- AWESOME Experience!KoiBoyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Unique, Fresh, Inventive, are just some of the adjectives to describe the experience. Great menu! Incredible service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MackdDined on 8/10/2014Everything from the ambiance to the food was outstanding! Our server was fantastic and the manager came over and introduced himself as well. A "must try" here in Cincinnati for foodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandFoodieGalDined on 8/8/2014I was very excited to try Sotto due to the hype. I even went twice to ensure it wasn't a fluke. Both times their signature dish was rather bland. Topped with a cream and butter sauce. The short rib contained gristle and left a terrible coating on my tongue. I even discussed with numerous of their waiters and a manager. They told me they wanted the food to be bland... (Wait, what????) overall it's a cool spot, but the food falls short. Minus the donuts.... Those were amazing along with the pistachio and caramel dipping sauces. The chocolate sauce taste like Hershey's. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't recommend Sotto to any of my foodie friends.Special Features:
- Go!PRHeroDined on 8/8/2014Great spot. Outstanding experience from start to finish. It's not your traditional Italian restaurant, but the food is authentic and very very good. The atmosphere is perfect for a romantic night out. The only qualm we had was that the music was a bit too loud. Sotto is moderately pricey. My wife and I ordered one item from each course to share, plus a few drinks. Our bill with 20% tip was $120--about right where we expected. Totally worth it. Get the goat cheese bruschetta, get the breaded pork loin & capers, get the donuts for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed - won't be backTurtlegirlDined on 8/4/2014We made a reservation on Open Table and had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. We were seated in an alcove in the back of the restaurant next to a table of 12 co-workers who were screeching to each other and speaking in their outdoor playground voices. They seemed to have had a few drinks and were waiting for their food. No such luck that they would be leaving anytime soon. We ordered a salad and the branzino fish entree. Nothing spectacular. Ate as quickly as we could and left. Won't be back again.Special Features:
- Hard to hold conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great food and service but --music was WAY too loud
- The chef's table is great !ccurranVIPDined on 8/3/2014THe food , service and atmosphere made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Unique experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Sotto delivered on all of my expectations, and then some. The service was really helpful in navigating the menu, the food was indescribable, and the ambiance was really cool. Every aspect of the dining experience was considered by David Falk, et. al. I would go back tonight, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewsnicoleky26Dined on 8/2/2014This was only our second time at Sotto. The food was delicious both times. My only complaint this time was the music in the restaurant was so loud. There were 6 of us and we had to speak very loudly to hear one another. It was not a great atmosphere to be able to have conversations. And we all ranged in ages from 38-43, so it's not like we are old and couldn't hear. The music was just too incredibly loud. Very disappointed in that aspect but again the food was great. Plus we had to wait about 15-20 minutes for our table even with reservations. It was the first time dining at sotto for the other groups we were with So needless to say, they were a little disappointed....until the food came out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubblesDined on 8/2/2014There was an added $50 to our bill but LUCKILY we found it. Food was delish, however, our waitress didnt suggest enough too order. Still hungry after dinner. Bummed for that kind of $ not to be full. Very very DARK too. Hard to see the menu. With all this said, i will be BACK. Food was awesome still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was authentic!ItalfoodloverDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious but the restaurant is too noisy.
- Special date nightSarahmDined on 8/2/2014Sotto was a great pick to have a nice romantic date. We loved the dark, rustic, candlelit atmosphere. The food was delicious-- he had the split chicken which was superb, I had the ragu which I loved because it reminded of my nana's cooking. I would definitely like to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a suprisebiteshopDined on 7/31/2014Our waiter, who was so good, recommended the octopus appetizer. Did not think I would really like it. It was great! Don't be afraid!! We've always have a great meal at Sotto.Special Features:
- BlahBillywayneDined on 7/29/2014We had to shout to be heard by each other . Some dishes were very good, while others were hohum.