11066 Pecan Park Blvd.
Cedar Park, TX 78613Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sotoaustin.com/
- Phone: 5122570788x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon- all day
Tue-Fri 5-6:30 pm
Sat 3-5 pm
Sun 3-6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Kenji "Andy" Okamoto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Private Room
A word from Soto
Soto Restaurant is a unique Japanese restaurant located in the heart of NW Austin. Executive Sushi Chef Andy, has worked as the executive chef in some of the best Japanese restaurants in the world. He now brings his extensive talent to Austin! We will offer traditional Japanese cuisine as well as creative spins on some classic Japanese fair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Soto reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (43)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (34)hot spot (21)good for groups (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Restaurant FavoriterandelpowDined on 8/29/2014We drove 30 miles to celebrate at our favorite restaurant. Chef Andy and his team did an excellent job as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dish of the YearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Fresh and creative dining experience. Truffle White Salmon is the the best dish of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Soto's was recommend to us by a family member and ended up being better than they described. Excellent waiter!!! Food was great. Weird location for an establishment of this caliber.Special Features:
- Always a hitsuperkooshDined on 8/17/2014Soto is definitely a gem. You wouldn't expect it by the location, but as soon as you walk in, you feel like you're in one of downtown's hippest restaurants, without being downtown. The service is great — the food is exquisite. This is our new local dine-out destination for Japanese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was deliciousJohninNorthAusDined on 8/9/2014We got a reservation assuming everything would be difficult to get into at 7 on a Saturday night, but it didn't seem overly crowded when we showed up; I wish it was a little more crowded because this place is delicious. We started with a special appetizer that was only offered because white salmon was available; it was amazing! Only complaint was that there were 5 pieces so I had to split the last piece with my date! (classy right!) We then went for the maki; and honestly didn't have a so so roll; everyone was really delicious. We over ate with 4 rolls between the two of us and got the molten lava cake for dessert; really delicious and not so huge that we felt overly indulgent. All that and out the door for under a hundred dollars!Special Features:
- Waiter ProblemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was great and the atmosphere was great, too. But boy, the waiter almost ruined the experience for us. He asked if he could explain the menu, I gladly accepted because lingo can vary from one Japanese restaurant to the next. He WAY over did it. Went over every little thing on the menu! He kept rearranging our plates and silverware. At one point he took my glass and put it back to the original spot. He even grabbed my husband's cell phone and put it back at the edge of the table instead of right beside him were he had it! That was crazy rude! At one point I poured soy sauce on my little plate and placed the sashimi on top of it. He said "Oh no! Would you like me to get you another plate? Most people just dip it in the soy bowl!"Special Features:
- Continue to AmazeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Enjoy the artistic creations of Chef Andy while we still have him in this area -- He is an Amazing TalentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Truffle Salmon!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Don't miss this one -- Ranks up there with their fantastic Fire Salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overboard!TBear65Dined on 7/26/2014I have the pleasure of adding Soto to one of a few absolute top notch establishments on my list of must eat there. I will first speak of the service there, as we all know can make the best food out there turn into a miserable night. The ma-trade and host were friendly and prompt to seat us (we did however have reservations, highly recommended). The server had been with the restaurant since it opened and knew everything about the menu, and especially the items not on the menu. The quality of the food and the presentation was beyond most dinner experiences. They made every effort to make my wife and I truly enjoy our anniversary evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in North AustinForeverfoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014this is the only sushi restaurant that I will go to in North Austin ever! It gives Uchi a run for its money!Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!LawinnieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Thank you Chef Andy to show me that Austin has great Sushi with a resonable price. This is a neighborhood gem!!! A rare fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I SayMBGuy329Dined on 7/18/2014This place is the best of both worlds. Low key atmosphere and amazing food. IMOH this place is better than all of the other established sushi restaurants in the Austin area. Chef Andy is amazing and puts out some top notch dishes. This was a birthday dinner for me. It was just my wife and I. I highly recommend the chef's tasting as this gives you a great idea of what his cooking is all about. It is just not about sushi although his sushi is great. It pushes some boundaries and will get you to try new things. This was the first time my wife ever tried oysters and she loved them. I also had the best risotto I've ever had here. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. I highly recommend this palce to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping their food interestingChanchenDined on 7/5/2014This is my second time went to SOTO, the food is still good funny how the portion got smaller!! The toro risotto last time we ordered in late may had 6 pcs toro and last sat we went not only the rice was lesser and only 4 pcs of toro! Overall the food is still outstanding!Special Features:
- Best Dinner Ever!sushiloverDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I went to Soto for our eight-year wedding anniversary. We had wanted to try something new, and boy did Soto deliver. The location is a bit unassuming since it is in a strip center in between a Party City and Hancock Fabrics, but as soon as you step inside the sleek, modern style and quiet atmosphere make you forget that. We did not have to wait for a table and were well-attended once seated. Our waiter took his time going over all the specials and letting us peruse the menu. After ordering, the food started coming out soon after, and it was amazing both in presentation and taste. This is a great place for a special occasion meal. The overall quality of the experience was phenomenal, and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- amazing experiencemoshine13Dined on 6/18/2014Hesitant to say how amazing because I don't want this place to get crowded. An absolute amazing dining experience all the way around. Five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding bargain at lunchtahoedoxDined on 6/17/2014This is a great Japanese restaurant, and unlike several of the others in Austin, it is open for lunch. And what a deal it is. They have several lunch specials, but the Sashimi/Sushi was fabulous--they recently raised the price from $15 to $17. There were generous pieces of fresh sashimi, even wrapped in shisho leaves, a number of very artistic sashimi preparations including marinated baby salmon, tempura, and your choice of maki rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Chef Andy continues to produce works of art that place Soto at the very top of Austin diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014If Chef Andy and Soto were in a downtown location rather than a strip mall in Cedar Park, then Soto would be the Hot Restaurant of the Moment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence ContinuesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Best Chef in Austin continues to produce amazing creationsSpecial Features:
- Delish!StinaDined on 5/18/2014We have always enjoyed coming to Soto. Chef Andy's Omakase courses are always delicious and leave us wanting to come back for more. He is always professional and brings out new dishes for us to try each time we visit. The food is a work of art and the flavors, texture, and appeal are all outstanding. We always hesitate taking out the cell phone to take pictures of Soto's dishes. It may look small from the outside but don't let that fool you because they even have a large private room for a large group in the back of the restaurant. Not only is the sushi fresh but the desserts are also delicious. Their menu is also very well rounded and everyone will be able to find something that suits their taste buds.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!NannDined on 5/14/2014Chef Andy out did himself! We opted for the chef prepared 7 course meal (I think it's seven, but we receive more)and it was utterly amazing. Each morsel was delicious and beautifully presented. I highly recommend going this way. This is our new favorite sushi restaurant. It used to be Uchiko. We love this place! Chef Andy takes a special interest in each of his customers and it just creates a beautiful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!2BeeThereDined on 5/14/2014Great food, beautiful presentation, outstanding service.Special Features:
- WoweattoliveDined on 5/9/2014One would never believe it, between a Party City and Hancock's, but this place is a true GEM! Well done, inside and out, from the decor to the exquisite sushi and sashimi, my friend and I were blown away. OK I'm not a sushi snob but I might become one after the chef's choice. Can't wait to try the Kobe beef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Soto reviews archive.
- A perfect dining experienceRuarkDined on 4/29/2014I'm a pretty blunt, sometimes harsh restaurant reviewer, and almost never give 5 stars. Soto, however, earned it: 5 stars. Excellent service. They actually READ our reservation (we had a special seating request). Quiet and peaceful. The server was flawless. The Flaming Salmon was marvelous, as was the misu soup and the salad. We had the "Sushi and Sashimi" lunch entree, and it was just fantastic. Everything fresh and beautifully presented. Each dish was a culinary adventure. We thoroughly enjoyed every second of our time there; our only negative was finishing and having to leave. Wonderful. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Perfection every timeRemyandFinnVIPDined on 4/24/2014If you live in Austin, and you haven't been to Soto, there is a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menugusbrDined on 4/22/2014Not only delicious, but also a very creative menu. Second time I have dinner there and I love the appetizer, entrée and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar park surpriseForeverfoodieVIPDined on 4/18/2014About time there was a good sushi place in round rock/cedar park. Comfortable place to eat with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014The sushi menu does not have descriptions for the items, so we had no idea what to order. We felt very rushed as the waitress came over three times within a few minutes wanting to take our order. The food was average. I do like that you are able to order one piece at a time, so you can get a variety.
- Best Fine Dining in North AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014Superb fresh sushi prepared by amazing creative chef -- Give them a cool downtown location and a larger menu.... and Uchiko just might be number two....Special Features:
- Truly Outstanding ExperiencerandelpowDined on 3/16/2014Chef Andy and team made the dining experience outstanding. The special attention and care taken to ensure that the food was superb was amazing. We will be back and recommend this to all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing. LookingdiningoutDined on 3/10/2014Food was amazing. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!TexasPch7Dined on 3/7/2014The food was awesome!! I loved everything I ordered! The fish was so fresh! My favorite was the California Tempura roll on the Happy Hour list And also the Hamachi sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!AngeliaVIPDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I eat out often, and for sushi our go-to has been Sushi Saki. The last couple visits have not been up to par, so we tried Soto. What a find! The service, food, drinks .... All superb. It was a pleasant surprise to say that yes, you get a 10 out of 10. We will return this weekend with the expectation that our initial experience will be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarN1ckDined on 3/4/2014I've been to Soto a handful of times and have yet to be anything but impressed. Every dish or item we order is perfect. I always take the chef's choice approach and recommend that as the way to go. They had a dessert special- Cheesecake with Stout Ice Cream (Stout = Beer-- I believe it was Sapporo Stout?) that blew us away. Best dessert I've had in a long time-- anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IMHO Best Sushi in TexasFatOldManDined on 3/4/2014I've had sushi all over the world and this rates in the top 5 anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NannDined on 3/1/2014We have loved going to Tomo's and Uchiko for Sushi, but Soto's was equally as good if not better than both in many of their dishes. They are very creative in their presentations and each dish has such flavor that your palate will scream for more. I can't recommend this place enough. We thoroughly enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food intriguing. Service detached.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014Spouse and I were seated promptly. Found the ambience to be a tad sterile, but pleasant. The smoke and smell from the fuel used for Soto's "fire salmon" I found it to be acrid. Service started well. Water and amuse bouche of smooth, flavorful edamame mousse were quickly served. Our waiter promptly took our drink order and suggested appetizers. Our drinks arrived after our first appetizer, and my husband was offered a second glass of wine only after we'd finished appetizers and entree. Our waiter seemed a bit put-off when we ordered Chef's Choice Special Sushi. We began to wonder if they were catching the fish by the time our Sushi arrived. After taking our entree order, our waiter did not return until we asked for the check.
- Awesome every time.irinaatxDined on 2/28/2014We brought friends with us this time for dinner before show, like always we were not disappointed. Sushi always fresh just melts in your mouth. You have to try the specials salmon over coffee bean flames and the truffle yellow tail. Superb dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2014My cousin the birthday girl was craving Sushi so I found Soto on Yelp. The service was excellent, the food rivaled to best sushi restaurants in San Francisco. The cocktails were to die for. Because it was my cousins birthday they brought sour a free desert, amazing green tea tirimisu. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New wave sushisajolDined on 2/22/2014This is a nice find in North Austin. The creativity the chef Andy and his team bring to sushi is very inspiring and tasty. The fish is great and so are the rolls. Andy has a unique knack of bringing truffle into sushi tools and all their dishes are usually creative with unique led lights or fireSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.