11066 Pecan Park Blvd.
Cedar Park, TX 78613Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sotoaustin.com/
- Phone: 5122570788x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon- all day
Tue-Fri 5-6:30 pm
Sat 3-5 pm
Sun 3-6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Kenji "Andy" Okamoto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Private Room
A word from Soto
Soto Restaurant is a unique Japanese restaurant located in the heart of NW Austin. Executive Sushi Chef Andy, has worked as the executive chef in some of the best Japanese restaurants in the world. He now brings his extensive talent to Austin! We will offer traditional Japanese cuisine as well as creative spins on some classic Japanese fair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Soto reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)special occasion (42)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (18)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Every Dish a Work of ArtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Chef Andy is a true artist creating some of the most creative dishes to be found in AustinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GEMwinedivvaVIPDined on 10/24/2014If you are up in the Cedar Park NW corner of Austin and like sushi this place is a MUST! Innovative, imaginative and delicious! Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014Was fresh and very good exciting menu green tea tiramisu to die forSpecial Features:
- Amazing sushiRolydogDined on 10/17/2014Everything we ordered was as expected and taste was amazing. I never knew there was so many different kinds of tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Andy & Team Wows AgainrandelpowDined on 10/12/2014Once again we chose to drive 30 miles to celebrate a special Anniversary occasion at Soto. Chef Andy went out of his way to truly reward our decision with over the top fresh, tasty and creative dishes suited to our preferences and palate. Our server "J" topped the experience with 1st class service and attentiveness to detail. Truly an awesome experience once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCcinTXDined on 10/9/2014as always. We have enjoyed Soto every time we have been there. Knowledgable wait staff, excellent sushi and overall a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Unique DiningLindsBVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is one of the most unique dining experiences I have ever had. The presentation was incredible! Their oysters were amazing and the salmon that comes on fire is delicious and beautiful! We will be going back often!Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Chef Andy presents dishes that are Creative and Fresh with an Artistic Flair -- one of the finest dining experiences in AustinSpecial Features:
- winedivvaVIPDined on 10/1/2014Awesome sushi! What a pleasant surprise to find in a strip mall in suburbia. I know the food is the focus but the main dining room needs candles or artwork or water feature to break up the monotonous grey monotone room.Special Features:
- Unique and delicious presentationsDocFoodDined on 9/26/2014We had Flaming Salmon, Seared Tuna with truffle oil, Truffle Maki, Grilled Black Cod and loved loved loved them all. The Spicy Scallop Maki was just OK. We had the Green Tea Tiramisu to finish and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Consistently serving the freshest and most creative sushi -- Always a pleasure!Special Features:
- As good as JapanLarryDined on 9/16/2014I enjoyed this discovery and highly recommend it to my friends. The albino salmon appetizer was pure bliss. Next time I will get a table though as the sushi bar was very loud.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!ACF1Dined on 9/8/2014Fabulous food! Fabulous service! A hidden gem- tucked away in a strip center. It was perfect for my business meeting! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAshHudDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have lived near soto for a while, but we never thought anything of it until we tried it this past Saturday. The food and service were both amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing like the first time!BigpermDined on 8/31/2014The food and service was amazing like the first time dinning. My wife and I ate there for our 2 year anniversary. Our server was extremely funny and the food was outstanding. Foie Gras is a must try! I get it every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't disappointed yetPhoenixDined on 8/30/2014I've eaten at Soto quite a bit this year. I try introducing my friends to this place b/c I absolutely love the food! The staff is very friendly. And I always order the green tea tiramisu for dessert. Their Tokyo Lychee and Lychee Cosmo is very good too! The bento boxes during lunch have so much variety...a lot of food for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant FavoriterandelpowDined on 8/29/2014We drove 30 miles to celebrate at our favorite restaurant. Chef Andy and his team did an excellent job as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dish of the YearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Fresh and creative dining experience. Truffle White Salmon is the the best dish of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeGeraldWDined on 8/22/2014Soto's was recommend to us by a family member and ended up being better than they described. Excellent waiter!!! Food was great. Weird location for an establishment of this caliber.Special Features:
- Always a hitsuperkooshDined on 8/17/2014Soto is definitely a gem. You wouldn't expect it by the location, but as soon as you walk in, you feel like you're in one of downtown's hippest restaurants, without being downtown. The service is great — the food is exquisite. This is our new local dine-out destination for Japanese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was deliciousJohninNorthAusDined on 8/9/2014We got a reservation assuming everything would be difficult to get into at 7 on a Saturday night, but it didn't seem overly crowded when we showed up; I wish it was a little more crowded because this place is delicious. We started with a special appetizer that was only offered because white salmon was available; it was amazing! Only complaint was that there were 5 pieces so I had to split the last piece with my date! (classy right!) We then went for the maki; and honestly didn't have a so so roll; everyone was really delicious. We over ate with 4 rolls between the two of us and got the molten lava cake for dessert; really delicious and not so huge that we felt overly indulgent. All that and out the door for under a hundred dollars!Special Features:
- Waiter ProblemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was great and the atmosphere was great, too. But boy, the waiter almost ruined the experience for us. He asked if he could explain the menu, I gladly accepted because lingo can vary from one Japanese restaurant to the next. He WAY over did it. Went over every little thing on the menu! He kept rearranging our plates and silverware. At one point he took my glass and put it back to the original spot. He even grabbed my husband's cell phone and put it back at the edge of the table instead of right beside him were he had it! That was crazy rude! At one point I poured soy sauce on my little plate and placed the sashimi on top of it. He said "Oh no! Would you like me to get you another plate? Most people just dip it in the soy bowl!"Special Features:
- Continue to AmazeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Enjoy the artistic creations of Chef Andy while we still have him in this area -- He is an Amazing TalentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Truffle Salmon!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Don't miss this one -- Ranks up there with their fantastic Fire Salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overboard!TBear65Dined on 7/26/2014I have the pleasure of adding Soto to one of a few absolute top notch establishments on my list of must eat there. I will first speak of the service there, as we all know can make the best food out there turn into a miserable night. The ma-trade and host were friendly and prompt to seat us (we did however have reservations, highly recommended). The server had been with the restaurant since it opened and knew everything about the menu, and especially the items not on the menu. The quality of the food and the presentation was beyond most dinner experiences. They made every effort to make my wife and I truly enjoy our anniversary evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in North AustinForeverfoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014this is the only sushi restaurant that I will go to in North Austin ever! It gives Uchi a run for its money!Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!LawinnieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Thank you Chef Andy to show me that Austin has great Sushi with a resonable price. This is a neighborhood gem!!! A rare fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I SayMBGuy329Dined on 7/18/2014This place is the best of both worlds. Low key atmosphere and amazing food. IMOH this place is better than all of the other established sushi restaurants in the Austin area. Chef Andy is amazing and puts out some top notch dishes. This was a birthday dinner for me. It was just my wife and I. I highly recommend the chef's tasting as this gives you a great idea of what his cooking is all about. It is just not about sushi although his sushi is great. It pushes some boundaries and will get you to try new things. This was the first time my wife ever tried oysters and she loved them. I also had the best risotto I've ever had here. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. I highly recommend this palce to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping their food interestingChanchenVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is my second time went to SOTO, the food is still good funny how the portion got smaller!! The toro risotto last time we ordered in late may had 6 pcs toro and last sat we went not only the rice was lesser and only 4 pcs of toro! Overall the food is still outstanding!Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Soto reviews archive.
- Best Dinner Ever!sushiloverDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I went to Soto for our eight-year wedding anniversary. We had wanted to try something new, and boy did Soto deliver. The location is a bit unassuming since it is in a strip center in between a Party City and Hancock Fabrics, but as soon as you step inside the sleek, modern style and quiet atmosphere make you forget that. We did not have to wait for a table and were well-attended once seated. Our waiter took his time going over all the specials and letting us peruse the menu. After ordering, the food started coming out soon after, and it was amazing both in presentation and taste. This is a great place for a special occasion meal. The overall quality of the experience was phenomenal, and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- amazing experiencemoshine13Dined on 6/18/2014Hesitant to say how amazing because I don't want this place to get crowded. An absolute amazing dining experience all the way around. Five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding bargain at lunchtahoedoxDined on 6/17/2014This is a great Japanese restaurant, and unlike several of the others in Austin, it is open for lunch. And what a deal it is. They have several lunch specials, but the Sashimi/Sushi was fabulous--they recently raised the price from $15 to $17. There were generous pieces of fresh sashimi, even wrapped in shisho leaves, a number of very artistic sashimi preparations including marinated baby salmon, tempura, and your choice of maki rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Chef Andy continues to produce works of art that place Soto at the very top of Austin diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014If Chef Andy and Soto were in a downtown location rather than a strip mall in Cedar Park, then Soto would be the Hot Restaurant of the Moment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence ContinuesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Best Chef in Austin continues to produce amazing creationsSpecial Features:
- Delish!StinaDined on 5/18/2014We have always enjoyed coming to Soto. Chef Andy's Omakase courses are always delicious and leave us wanting to come back for more. He is always professional and brings out new dishes for us to try each time we visit. The food is a work of art and the flavors, texture, and appeal are all outstanding. We always hesitate taking out the cell phone to take pictures of Soto's dishes. It may look small from the outside but don't let that fool you because they even have a large private room for a large group in the back of the restaurant. Not only is the sushi fresh but the desserts are also delicious. Their menu is also very well rounded and everyone will be able to find something that suits their taste buds.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!NannDined on 5/14/2014Chef Andy out did himself! We opted for the chef prepared 7 course meal (I think it's seven, but we receive more)and it was utterly amazing. Each morsel was delicious and beautifully presented. I highly recommend going this way. This is our new favorite sushi restaurant. It used to be Uchiko. We love this place! Chef Andy takes a special interest in each of his customers and it just creates a beautiful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!2BeeThereDined on 5/14/2014Great food, beautiful presentation, outstanding service.Special Features:
- WoweattoliveDined on 5/9/2014One would never believe it, between a Party City and Hancock's, but this place is a true GEM! Well done, inside and out, from the decor to the exquisite sushi and sashimi, my friend and I were blown away. OK I'm not a sushi snob but I might become one after the chef's choice. Can't wait to try the Kobe beef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect dining experienceRuarkDined on 4/29/2014I'm a pretty blunt, sometimes harsh restaurant reviewer, and almost never give 5 stars. Soto, however, earned it: 5 stars. Excellent service. They actually READ our reservation (we had a special seating request). Quiet and peaceful. The server was flawless. The Flaming Salmon was marvelous, as was the misu soup and the salad. We had the "Sushi and Sashimi" lunch entree, and it was just fantastic. Everything fresh and beautifully presented. Each dish was a culinary adventure. We thoroughly enjoyed every second of our time there; our only negative was finishing and having to leave. Wonderful. Wonderful.Special Features: