107 South Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sorrisoboston.com/
- Phone: 6172591560x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert Fathman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Sorriso
In the heart of the historic Leather District resides one of the city's most stylish restaurants. Sorriso offers authentic rustic Italian fare and a handsome bar area. Designer cocktails and selections from an all-Italian wine list appeal to the corporate crowd, while thin-crust brick oven pizzas work well for groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Sorriso - Best Restaurants in Leather District ›
Sorriso reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014I really enjoyed their pizza especially the one with prosciuto and arugula. Attentive staff also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super BartenderLaurieGDined on 8/20/2014Karen has a great selection of cocktails and is always working on something new. The rissotto is fantastic.Special Features:
- great pizzaTrainerTVIPDined on 8/18/2014It was very quiet on a Monday night at 8:30pm. Waitress was good. A somewhat limited menu with lots of seafood prompted me to order the Margherita pizza. It was excellent! Decent glass of wine, although there were not a lot of choices if you wanted it by the glass instead of bottle. Pizza prices are reasonable, as are the appetizers. I would return.
- Karen is AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The most memorable part of the evening was conversing with Sorriso's fantastic bartender, Karen. She was outgoing, energetic, entertaining, and knowledgeable. We sat at her bar both before and after our meal (which was good, although not fantastic) and both my parents struggled in deciding what they wanted both times. She made suggestions and nailed it every time. She was confident enough to say we wouldn't pay if she were wrong. We definitely paid and we would definitely come back to be served by Karen again. I would imagine this place does a killing during lunch and the after work drinking period, but attendance was sparse during the dinner hours. I wouldn't go across the city for Sorriso, but it's a nice option with a great bartender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable dinner!HawaiiNutDined on 8/6/2014Came here for drinks and dinner with business associates and had a great time. Food was very good and so was the service. Bartenders and servers were good and fun to talk with. We had a really enjoyable evening and would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Great place to go for a work lunch. Fast, quality service and food is always good. Also a great spot after work with a great beer/wine list.Special Features:
- Reliably greatMetroWesternerVIPDined on 7/10/2014My companion had a pizza, I had the seafood stew. Both were served promptly, nice and hot. Service was attentive but not intrusive. This is my go-to place near South Station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSkippy1958Dined on 6/25/2014Loved the lamb meatballs with goat cheese and the Lemoncello sorbet. Also enjoyed the Chicken Milanese! Great service by our waitress rounded out an excellent meal!Special Features:
- Good for lunch...KPMGVIPDined on 6/24/2014Especially when one works a block away! Thank you very much...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it wasouttolunchVIPDined on 6/13/2014I understand there has been an ownership change and unfortuntately it shows on the menu. Items are similar but changed and not for the better. For example, the chicken served with arugula used to be light and delicious and now it is breaded and fried- greasy and heavy. This used to be a go to place for me, but I am not sure I will be back.
- Always a great experienceMish2702Dined on 6/11/2014This is a great spot for lunch since it is so close to work. They have an amazing caesar dressing - I always get it with grilled salmon. That lunch never fails to brighten my day!Special Features:
- We love to eat here for birthdaysMOONLIZAVIPDined on 6/9/2014Great lunch spot for a special lunch - prices are great, food is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Close to trainTrainRiderDined on 5/30/2014The food is very good, the service was exceptionally good. I was in town on business and had a late train out of South Station. The restaurant is walking distance to South Station a much better way to eat and wait for a train than the offerings at the station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedZ8361Dined on 5/17/2014We went for dinner for my daughter's college graduation. We were immediately seated, which was nice, but understandable since the restaurant was half empty. Our waiter was very nice. The fried fish was bland. The calamari was good as well as the shrimp linguini. The steak was undercooked. Overly pricey for the amount and quality of food. We placed an order for bread and it literally took them 20 minutes to bring it to our table. We had an incident with one of the waitresses. She was very rude to my mother and we mentioned it to the cashier as we were leaving.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Sorriso reviews archive.
- Management Change Needs More ChangeceyesDined on 4/25/2014Apparently the Sorriso changed hands more than a month ago. Perplexing but the "wine list" a very short wine by the glass list of relatively obscure Italian wines. The excuse was that they were working on a new wine list ... for weeks? Serious? On pressing the waitress, who was sweet but under informed, the manager came and discussed the difficulty of compiling a wine list and finally went to the restaurant next door and brought back their wine list for us to order off of. Food- nero black pasta was not al-dente, it was over cooked matching the seafood to a tee. Other dishes were average. No one out of 7 persons felt it was delicious. If you are looking for reasonable ambience, with missing wine list, and mediocre foods, you are in luck.
- Nice spot for lunchHudsoniteDined on 4/23/2014We were looking for a lunch option near South Starion and came across Sorisso. It turned out to be a great spot. Other than not understanding all of the specials due to the waiter's accent, everything else was enjoyable. The lamb and ricotta meatball appetizer was very flavorful, though the tops were a bit hard from a cheese melting minute in the broiler. Our group had the black pasta seafood dish, the pasta carbonara and the salmon. All were prepared very well and each thought they had the best dish. Prices are pretty reasonable for this part of town, and next we'll give dinner a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta is inedibleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2014The pizza seems to be ok, but I would not recommend the short rib ravioli - tough and old? Sorry to have wasted a meal in Boston here.
- Great PlacenmconnorDined on 4/11/2014I always have a fantatstic meal here wetherr for lunch or dinner. The staff is so friendly and accomodating and the service is fast but you don't feel rushed. The food is amazing from the appetizers to the dessert!Special Features:
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Had a great lunch! They take reservations which is great when on a lunch schedule. Food was wonderful and prices reasonable. Waitstaff and hostesses were very pleasant & efficient. I will definately return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ragu Bolognese was fantasticDarkKnightWKCDined on 4/2/2014The Ragu Bolognese was fantastic and served at the proper temperature. The beer selection was good and the servers friendly. It did take a good bit of time sitting at the bar to get a menu and then for someone to take our order, but when they did the food came quickly and was quite tasty. There seemed to be a private function occurring near the bar, which made for the bar area to be a bit crowded where we were sitting and a tad noisy. Everyone looked like they were having fun, so kudos for a good vibe. This is a good place for lunch and after work drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly priced innovative ItalianFreshIsBestVIPDined on 3/14/2014We were delighted to find a last minute open table at this warm and welcoming Leather District restaurant. The food was excellent with many familiar offerings served with updated twists. Service was attentive and friendly. When one of our diners was informed that they had run out of their signature short rib ravioli after placing the order, the waiter immediately apologized and offered a complimentary dessert. Enjoyed at our table: a delicious roasted pork and veal meatball appetizer and pureed eggplant and ricotta cheese spread. Entrees included a fabulous Fruiti di Mari over black ink pasta and spaghetti with clam sauce. An extensive and impressive beer list and nicely rounded wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the pizza!MetroWesternerVIPDined on 3/7/2014I've eaten at Sorriso many times before, but this time, all three of us had pizza. All three were delicious. They are surprisingly big for one person, and at $12 - $14 make for a good and inexpensive meal. As always, service was attentive without being obtrusive. I work in the area, so it's an easy choice for lunch or dinner. I've never been disappointed there.Special Features:
- food was very good - carpaccio,rebeccaiVIPDined on 2/8/2014food was very good - carpaccio, short rib ravioli and braised oxtail with gnocchi. apple crostada for dessert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, as alwaysMetroWesternerVIPDined on 1/10/2014The food was great, service attentive, prices reasonable. It's close to South Station, so it's convenient, too. What else do you need? :-) Sorriso is my go-to place for lunches and dinners when in/around the South Station / Financial District area.Special Features:
- Date Night SuccesscarlsbergerDined on 1/9/2014Wonderful ambience for a fun first date. Food was delicious (I had the ragu bolognese) and the wine was great (I had their one rose wine and absolutely loved it). My date enjoyed his beers, found his calzone to be a bit on the cheesy side (to some a good thing, to him not so much). Would definitely recommend to a friend. Noise level was a bit loud but for the atmosphere of the evening it fit perfectly. Were I going for a much more serious romantic date, I would probably opt for a quieter restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightHolladayDined on 12/30/2013My son and his girlfriend enjoyed the ambience and the food. They were stymied by the menu because they don't know any Italian but they thought their meal was good. They learned to ask questions because they didn't know that cherry peppers were spicy. They liked the cool lamp covers made out of sticks. A good authentic North End dining experience for two 17-yr olds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighborhood eateryrobrichVIPDined on 12/19/2013Nice menu with a good selection for the meat and non-meat eaters! Some spots are very noisy, but you can request to sit in an area where the noise level is manageable!Special Features:
- Exceptionally wonderful ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/7/2013Exceptionally wonderful Italian cuisine!!! Right next to our favorite French restaurant Les Zygomat. Quiet on the weekend due to Leather District (Financial District) location, so a relatively easy reservation which we like. Took New York family there and they loved it too!
- Good food. Good service. GoodArturVIPDined on 11/20/2013Good food. Good service. Good values. Nice people. Excellent, keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland across the boardchuckmac07VIPDined on 11/11/2013unimaginative food & spotty service made for a "who cares?" lunch. too many good places fie lunch in the Financial/Leather District to go back to Sorriso. sorry.
- Fine FoodcamcquDined on 11/8/2013Good food consistently. Not just Italian although they do an excellent job on Italian.Special Features:
- The bread is to die for!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2013When you are seated the first thing the waiter brings to your table (besides water) is a basket of crusty Italian bread that looks, smells and tastes like it came from a bakery in the North End (and it very well might - we didn't ask). That is why I did not hesitate to order the Tuna sandwich. Think of my disappointment when the sandwich came only to discover that they serve it on a spuckie roll - soft and without flavor or texture! Otherwise the sandwich and simple green salad were perfect; I particularly enjoyed the addition of olives and otherwise light seasonings they put in the sandwich - and it is definitely enough to feed 2! My friends had the risotto and a mixed green salad with grilled chicken which both looked appetizing.Special Features:
- Fabulous lunch spotShannonDined on 11/5/2013So happy to discover Sorriso's. I needed to pick a spot for a nice lunch close to South Station. Excellent, attentive wait staff. Food delicious and came out quickly. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy & tasty with terrific serviceAdrianDined on 10/28/2013This is my favorite place to meet clients, prospects, colleagues, and friends for lunch during the week. Consistently excellent food, and tremendous service. We were there for lunch on Monday 10/28, and our server was phenomenal - never an empty glass of iced tea & Diet Coke! If you're on a tight 12-1 lunch schedule as I am, Sorisso is a sure bet!Special Features:
- Leather District Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2013This quiet spot has not disappointed yet. The food is fresh and flavorful, the staff attentive. I was worried that there were only a few full tables there -- I hope that Sorriso is doing ok financially, since I want to go back time and time again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it very much and wouldLisaDined on 10/23/2013Enjoyed it very much and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great AppetizersCalifornianDined on 10/15/2013The restaurant was nice, as was the service. The appetizers were probably better than the meal, but only because they were ridiculously delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodcamcquDined on 9/6/2013When we finished our meals, every plate was empty. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Consistently good lunch spotF00dieDined on 8/15/2013I have taken clients here for years. Always good food and good service. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorriso proves that you don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2013Sorriso proves that you don't have to go into North End for a great Italian meal. There's creativity & quality here1Special Features: