5550 NW 40th Street
Coconut Creek, FL 33073Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/
- Phone: 9549356689x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Becky St Clair General Manager, Jacob Perego Executive Chef
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sorrisi
In Italian Sorrisi means "smile." While creating this restaurant, we were inspired by all the things about la vie en Italia that bring smiles to our faces – the great food and fine wines, the inviting smells and bold flavors, the time we spend gathered in kitchens with our friends and loved ones, and the chance to share our passion and joy for Italian culture and cuisine with you, our guests. Here's to life, love, and whatever makes you smile. Salute!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sorrisi reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (20)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- terrace dinnerCASINOFANDined on 9/14/2014had a wonderful dinner the other night.. food was delicious,, ,, thanks Allison for your great service. always enjoy dinners at Sorrisi because of the great food and excellent professional energetic servers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyeagereaterDined on 9/14/2014We have always enjoyed this restaurant. They have made some recent changes and the food has improved, but the prices have escalated, especially for a casino based restaurant. Don't expect any bargains here, but you can expect a decent meal with usually good service. Just be prepared to pay for it. Usually, a casino operation tries to moderate the prices in their restaurants as they know they'll get your dollars in the casino, but this operation wants it all, in every way they can get it. The smoke in the casino will lessen your appetite, anyway.
- DisappointedtaffyappleDined on 9/12/2014Service was slow. We ordered salads but didn't receive them before our dinner came. Waitress never checked to see if we had them or not. Food that did arrive was good. This restaurant is always hit or miss. This time is was a miss.
- Service Exceptional, and Food good.MR4349Dined on 9/12/2014Service from Anthony was exceptional as usual. We always ask to be seated in his section. The food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantshashainflaDined on 9/12/2014Sorrisi is great! Maria is a terrific, efficient and very nice waitress. Accomodating staff, delicious food, can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrace dinnerCASINOFANDined on 9/12/2014Started with calamari arrabiata.it was crispy .cooked to perfection..followed by my favorite chicken parmigiana and penne with marinara sauce. Our server was Gabriela.wonderful professional service as always from the Sorrisi staff. Thanks so much....Betsy St Claire dropped by. .always nice chatting with her..great dining experience was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why a bad locationPattiDined on 9/6/2014Why is it , everytime a use open table , I get the worst location in the restaurant. It happen again at Sorrsi. I would like it if you could request a booth, at the booking of a reservation!Special Features:
- WorldtravelerDined on 9/6/2014The food was much improved from the last time I was there. However, the service, from the hostess station to the waitstaff was very poorly trained. Not competent nor hospitable. I will not return. We asked to add a person to our reservation, and even though the restaurant was not even 40% occupied, it took the staff a full 6 minutes to rearrange a table for us. When we arrived at the table, it was improperly set up, and we moved ourselves to a more accommodating table.Special Features:
- dinner with a friendCASINOFANDined on 9/2/2014had dinner at Sorrisi the other night, usually sit on the casino terrace but saw my favorite server Nancy was working inside and requested her section,dinner was delicious,my friend was impressed with the great service,thanks Nancy for your great professional upbeat service, as always, fried calamari arrabiata was crispy and delicious.. large portion of chicken parmesan with penne and marinara sauce delicious,Becky St Clair , the general manager stopped by,, very nice touch,good job,,, as did server.Priscilla ,,there is great energy between all the staff . it provides a great dining experience.. thanks so much Nancy,,always, great professional dynamic service,the other departments of the casino could take a lesson from the Sorrisi staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food goodgoldieDined on 8/30/2014Food was good,waitress service when we finally were served was excellent. Front desk management was poor. Too many people were kept waiting even tho many tables were unoccupied. Did not appreciate waiting to be seated for 45 min.serSpecial Features:
- Great Italian foodWoodyDined on 8/24/2014If you like Italian food, you'll enjoy this place. The place is clean, the food is very good, the people are pleasant. My wife and I eat there a lot.wSpecial Features:
- Great Place, amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Sorrisi has improved it's standards by leaps and bounds. A warm, welcoming atmosphere is the first thing you see. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The food is both inventive and delicious. Kudos to the new executive chef and his wonderful staff. From classic Italian dishes to more sophisticated fare, all the food is plated beautifully and is so elevated from the old menu. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodClubTreeNorthDined on 8/20/2014We have dined at Sorrisi's many times and always have a good experience. They start with bread and oil while you are ordering wine. Caesar salad, flatbreads and meatballs are good appetizer choices. For the main course, my favorites are lasagna and chicken parmesan. They will also make veal parm if you ask, although it is no longer on the menu. Get the meat sauce on your side pasta, although it is extra. The wait staff is exceeding friendly and attentive. Desserts are very good - especially the shakes. Sometimes I am just with my husband, sometimes the extended family and recently went there with friends. Because it is in the Casino at Coconut Creek, you can continue the evening after dinner if you wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I am a server myself. For the amount of work it seems the server themself has to actually do for the guests, ie. retrieve drinks and place order, mine seemed a little over whelmed with their four table section. Noticing that the seating of all four tables was very well paced out. Over all though the food was fantastic and management friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casino fanCASINOFANDined on 8/19/2014took a friend for dinner on Tuesday night, sat on patio section in the casino. for appetizers we had the mellanzane Siciliane , a pizza and calamari arrabiati, my friend enjoyed the eggplant ,but the tomato sauce under the calamari was just a bit too spicy for my taste. pizza came out hot and crispy....the chicken parmesan was delicious, as was the fettucine alfredo and the penne with marinara sauce... our server Priscilla was friendly and very professional, she suggested some of the specials , Thanks Priscilla...Staff at Sorrisi is always great. thanks Priscilla,great service. Server Nancy stopped by to say hello, it's always refreshing when the staff takes time to stop by to say hello,, The staff helps to make a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale experiencekenflaDined on 8/13/2014Sorrisi has become a different kind of restaurant. The quality and presentation have risen but so have the prices. Service, by Nancy, is just right. Might try a "small plate entrée" to cater to those with smaller appetites or diabetic diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The meal was not worth the price. The fish had no flavor and the baked rigatoni was dry. The salad had too much pepper. The dessert was ok and the coffee was good. Not planning on going there again
- Casino SmokeCraigDined on 8/9/2014The service and the food were both outstanding. My only problem was navigating through the smoke filled casino to find the restaurant. Since the restaurant is connected to the casino, the cigarette smoke could still be smelled setting off my sinuses. Admittedly I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and others may not have any problem with it.Special Features:
- Hostess, waiter, food, excellentFredDined on 8/3/2014We never had lunch there and do not think that they are open for lunch but I really believe that this is a great dinner restaurant. The ambience was relaxed and comfortable. Dining on the patio for those of us that are smokers and was really enjoyabole as we could have a nice glass of wine along with a cigarette while waiting for our meal. I will definitly return soon. Upon arriving the hostess was very friendly and made us feel that she was happy to see us although we had never met her before. She accommodated us immediately we asked if we could sit on the patio and she immediately showed us a table to our liking,The waiter told us about the special and he was right it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sadly averageCrowhillrebelDined on 8/1/2014For a restaurant located in a casino, we examine expected a higher level of service. Though not terribly busy, our wine and meals took longer than it should. Twice our waitress came by to apologize for.delays. When it came to food was just OK, and lacked any real creativity. One word review: Underwhelming.
- CarolSalonXOBocaDined on 7/26/2014I haven't eating there in a long time because the food was not great. What a surprise, the food was exceptionally good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicolapaula007Dined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is the best. We're going there again. Food out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stutzyDined on 7/15/2014limited menu, but food prepared very well. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- MunchsmaDined on 7/12/2014Chef doesn't use capellini and needs to spice up dishes. Bread was staleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomDined on 7/11/2014Always excellent but even better now with new chef. Tammy is an excellent server and the general atmosphere is so very nice. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- nice placejmlsurferDined on 7/5/2014Good restaurant , good food affordable , in the casino which provides a venue for dancing , bar scene , gambling without further driving .Special Features:
- sorrisi much betterfunnygirlDined on 6/24/2014the first time we went to sorrisi we could not eat the food. this time I noticed that the place changed hands and I knew the chef was different.my eggplant parm dish was good for the first couple of bites and then the eggplant was undercooked toward the middle of the meal. spaghetti was not hot and I asked for more sauce, the sauce they bought was not hot. the taste of the food was good. I would have enjoyed it if it was cooked all the way through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat if luv foodluv2eatDined on 6/22/2014Service was outstanding and the food was great,I would recommend Sorris to my friends. Come with empty belly, there is plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fish and nice size portionsChampDined on 6/22/2014We had a party of three. All orders came quickly and were hot and cooked to perfection. Good size portions and great taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Food good Service excellent. Would definitly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- india51Dined on 6/20/2014Great service and food was flavorful, nicely presented and atmosphere was relaxing. Rolls were more like dinner rolls than nice italian bread but over all a great choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationYummyDined on 6/20/2014The server was outstanding. The food was average except for the fish which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aniceplacetodineDined on 6/17/2014We always enjoy this place. Wait Staff is great. We love the bread they serve with the olive oil and herbs. Always a nice place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamesDined on 6/15/2014Food is very good,always up to my expectation. Most servers are terrific and wait time with a reservation is minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Terrible ServicemetaDined on 6/15/2014I brought my father here for father's day. I had reservations for 6:00 PM. When I went to the hostess she politely asked me to wait just a little while they get the table ready. We didn't end up seated until closer to 6:30 PM. As we walked by the empty tables, I wondered why we waited so long. The waitress wasn't particularly friendly and it took well over an hour before our food came. That was the last time we saw our waitress until it was time to pay the bill. The only redeeming factor was that the food was very good.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Food here is always good and the portions are huge. Prices are not bad eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smoke filled casinoZzzzDined on 6/14/2014If you don't mind walking through a smoke filled casino to get to this restaurant then this is an okay place to eat. I won't be back until the casino decreases or eliminates the smoke.
- out for dinnerCASINOFANDined on 6/10/2014on Tuesday night,, I wanted to take my cousin out for dinner, we had calamari to start with,, excellent,, hot and crispy , great aioli sauce, he had chicken picata , said he loved it . I had my usual chicken parm and rigatoni with marinara sauce. large nice piece of chicken. came out hot and juicy...Our server suggested the Tiramisu and gelato for dessert. great service ,, Gabriela , thanks for the suggestions.. Tiramisu and the gelatos were a great finish to our meal. Gabriela was upbeat and sweet, courteous and efficient.so wonderful to deal with nice people for a change... Nancy helped out with water and bread.. really enjoy the atmosphere at Sorrisi , servers are excellent,,,great place for dinner. thanks so much GabrielaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceLulu32Dined on 6/4/2014Anthony our waiter was very helpful in suggesting and explaining the dishes. Food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for DinnerCASINOFANDined on 6/4/2014Took a friend for dinner the other night,,, Nancy our server was fantastic as usual... she is happy ,upbeat and very efficient,,, she offered a few suggestions, thanks Nancy.. dinner was great.. food was hot and flavorful... calamari cooked to perfection...service was great.. Server Juan dropped by to say hello,,it all works together to create a very nice atmosphere. Coconut Creek needs more caring, helpful, great staff like Nancy and Juan. They make you want to go back again and again. thanks guys,, see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.