5550 NW 40th Street
Coconut Creek, FL 33073Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/
- Phone: 9549356689x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Becky St Clair General Manager, Jacob Perego Executive Chef
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sorrisi
In Italian Sorrisi means "smile." While creating this restaurant, we were inspired by all the things about la vie en Italia that bring smiles to our faces – the great food and fine wines, the inviting smells and bold flavors, the time we spend gathered in kitchens with our friends and loved ones, and the chance to share our passion and joy for Italian culture and cuisine with you, our guests. Here's to life, love, and whatever makes you smile. Salute!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sorrisi reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Was actually disappointed in the food this time. The Lasagna was salty and they have raised the price put it in a deeper dish and tell you that it's the same size portion as before. My shrimp special was good but not worth 38.00. I never ask what the price of an entree is because I am not cheap but we should have been told by our waiter. They also used to give you a nice assortment of bread, rolls, bread sticks etc. They stopped that also. Just regular bread now. I probably will not go there again.Special Features:
- excellent foodalex240zDined on 10/14/2014lasagna was excellent pizza was out of this world !!!!Special Features:
- Too bigRschagrinVIPDined on 10/11/2014Any restaurant that seats 311 people plus an exterior patio area where smoking is allowed can' t be a quality restaurant. They make a valid attempt to achieve that but I think they fall short.
- First time dinergypsyDined on 9/30/2014Wait staff, especially Jessica, was excellent. The service from order to table was slow. Portions were plentiful and presented nicely, but the flavors could be fine tuned. The desserts were excellent. It was a vey quiet atmosphere during our visit, but we enjoyed watching the tables, etc. from our table. This could become an excellent dining spot, with a bit more thought. We hope to b invited again in the near future.Special Features:
- Must visit at least onceDaveTDined on 9/26/2014If you venture into Sorrisi one time, you will be hooked. There is not one bad thing about this fabulous dining experience. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comment CardsBrodyDined on 9/23/2014Comment cards handed out to our table in the middle of dinner?? A big non-no! Overall, I think my little group of 6 enjoyed the food and the restaurant. Our waitress, (Melissa?) was really sweet, knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly guestsChowhoundDined on 9/23/2014First time at Sorrisi, the Calamari was tender but the marinara sauce was a bit bitter. Lasagna a large portion. Cheese cake was excellent! I'll be going back soon. The service was excellent, my server paid attention to our drink levels and kept asking if we needed anything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The service is very slow and my wife didn't get what she asked for.
- Italian Menu Did Not DissapointSherryStyleVIPDined on 9/20/2014The interior design could have been more authentic to the cuisine and more interesting overall. We enjoyed our meals and the presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!VillagegalDined on 9/19/2014We were seated exactly at our reservation time. The choices were plentiful. We had cocktails, two appetizers, and each had the rack of lamb for dinner. Everything came hot and cooked perfectly. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Don't miss this gem!Ronerto3396Dined on 9/19/2014Been to Sorrisi a few times before the new Chef and new members of management were hired and it was frankly a little underwhelming. Nothing awful just really nothing of note. Now with the new team in place it seems the place has almost been completely revitalized. Every dish that comes out from the kitchen seems to bring oooohhhs and aaaahhhs from dining guests. Almost everything in the restaurant is prepared in house and it makes a real difference. You can tell the new chefs are incredibly meticulous about their work and everything is plated so beautifully. The wait staff is attentive and you really feel like you are being pampered as well which is always a reason to return to a favorite restaurant in my eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gambleSurebetDined on 9/18/2014We were at the casino and hungry. You take a gamble on restaurants when they have a captive audience, however, this one didn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrace dinnerCASINOFANVIPDined on 9/14/2014had a wonderful dinner the other night.. food was delicious,, ,, thanks Allison for your great service. always enjoy dinners at Sorrisi because of the great food and excellent professional energetic servers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyeagereaterVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have always enjoyed this restaurant. They have made some recent changes and the food has improved, but the prices have escalated, especially for a casino based restaurant. Don't expect any bargains here, but you can expect a decent meal with usually good service. Just be prepared to pay for it. Usually, a casino operation tries to moderate the prices in their restaurants as they know they'll get your dollars in the casino, but this operation wants it all, in every way they can get it. The smoke in the casino will lessen your appetite, anyway.
- nothing to write home about3frequentdinersDined on 9/13/2014The entrance to the resturaunt is from the casino, which is smoke filled.... But we say in the back so not a problem. At first felt we were being rushed... then thought they forgot about us... Food presentation was inviting, but nobodies entre was delectable... They just couldn't get it all together... Food needs seasoning, wait staff needs to figure out how to be attentive without seeming to rush and then disappear!
- DisappointedtaffyappleVIPDined on 9/12/2014Service was slow. We ordered salads but didn't receive them before our dinner came. Waitress never checked to see if we had them or not. Food that did arrive was good. This restaurant is always hit or miss. This time is was a miss.
- Service Exceptional, and Food good.MR4349Dined on 9/12/2014Service from Anthony was exceptional as usual. We always ask to be seated in his section. The food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantshashainflaDined on 9/12/2014Sorrisi is great! Maria is a terrific, efficient and very nice waitress. Accomodating staff, delicious food, can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrace dinnerCASINOFANVIPDined on 9/12/2014Started with calamari arrabiata.it was crispy .cooked to perfection..followed by my favorite chicken parmigiana and penne with marinara sauce. Our server was Gabriela.wonderful professional service as always from the Sorrisi staff. Thanks so much....Betsy St Claire dropped by. .always nice chatting with her..great dining experience was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why a bad locationPattiDined on 9/6/2014Why is it , everytime a use open table , I get the worst location in the restaurant. It happen again at Sorrsi. I would like it if you could request a booth, at the booking of a reservation!Special Features:
- WorldtravelerDined on 9/6/2014The food was much improved from the last time I was there. However, the service, from the hostess station to the waitstaff was very poorly trained. Not competent nor hospitable. I will not return. We asked to add a person to our reservation, and even though the restaurant was not even 40% occupied, it took the staff a full 6 minutes to rearrange a table for us. When we arrived at the table, it was improperly set up, and we moved ourselves to a more accommodating table.Special Features:
- dinner with a friendCASINOFANVIPDined on 9/2/2014had dinner at Sorrisi the other night, usually sit on the casino terrace but saw my favorite server Nancy was working inside and requested her section,dinner was delicious,my friend was impressed with the great service,thanks Nancy for your great professional upbeat service, as always, fried calamari arrabiata was crispy and delicious.. large portion of chicken parmesan with penne and marinara sauce delicious,Becky St Clair , the general manager stopped by,, very nice touch,good job,,, as did server.Priscilla ,,there is great energy between all the staff . it provides a great dining experience.. thanks so much Nancy,,always, great professional dynamic service,the other departments of the casino could take a lesson from the Sorrisi staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food goodgoldieDined on 8/30/2014Food was good,waitress service when we finally were served was excellent. Front desk management was poor. Too many people were kept waiting even tho many tables were unoccupied. Did not appreciate waiting to be seated for 45 min.serSpecial Features:
- Great Italian foodWoodyDined on 8/24/2014If you like Italian food, you'll enjoy this place. The place is clean, the food is very good, the people are pleasant. My wife and I eat there a lot.wSpecial Features:
- Great Place, amazing food!Ronerto3396Dined on 8/23/2014Sorrisi has improved it's standards by leaps and bounds. A warm, welcoming atmosphere is the first thing you see. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The food is both inventive and delicious. Kudos to the new executive chef and his wonderful staff. From classic Italian dishes to more sophisticated fare, all the food is plated beautifully and is so elevated from the old menu. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodClubTreeNorthDined on 8/20/2014We have dined at Sorrisi's many times and always have a good experience. They start with bread and oil while you are ordering wine. Caesar salad, flatbreads and meatballs are good appetizer choices. For the main course, my favorites are lasagna and chicken parmesan. They will also make veal parm if you ask, although it is no longer on the menu. Get the meat sauce on your side pasta, although it is extra. The wait staff is exceeding friendly and attentive. Desserts are very good - especially the shakes. Sometimes I am just with my husband, sometimes the extended family and recently went there with friends. Because it is in the Casino at Coconut Creek, you can continue the evening after dinner if you wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I am a server myself. For the amount of work it seems the server themself has to actually do for the guests, ie. retrieve drinks and place order, mine seemed a little over whelmed with their four table section. Noticing that the seating of all four tables was very well paced out. Over all though the food was fantastic and management friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casino fanCASINOFANVIPDined on 8/19/2014took a friend for dinner on Tuesday night, sat on patio section in the casino. for appetizers we had the mellanzane Siciliane , a pizza and calamari arrabiati, my friend enjoyed the eggplant ,but the tomato sauce under the calamari was just a bit too spicy for my taste. pizza came out hot and crispy....the chicken parmesan was delicious, as was the fettucine alfredo and the penne with marinara sauce... our server Priscilla was friendly and very professional, she suggested some of the specials , Thanks Priscilla...Staff at Sorrisi is always great. thanks Priscilla,great service. Server Nancy stopped by to say hello, it's always refreshing when the staff takes time to stop by to say hello,, The staff helps to make a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale experiencekenflaDined on 8/13/2014Sorrisi has become a different kind of restaurant. The quality and presentation have risen but so have the prices. Service, by Nancy, is just right. Might try a "small plate entrée" to cater to those with smaller appetites or diabetic diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The meal was not worth the price. The fish had no flavor and the baked rigatoni was dry. The salad had too much pepper. The dessert was ok and the coffee was good. Not planning on going there again
- Casino SmokeCraigVIPDined on 8/9/2014The service and the food were both outstanding. My only problem was navigating through the smoke filled casino to find the restaurant. Since the restaurant is connected to the casino, the cigarette smoke could still be smelled setting off my sinuses. Admittedly I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and others may not have any problem with it.Special Features:
- Hostess, waiter, food, excellentFredDined on 8/3/2014We never had lunch there and do not think that they are open for lunch but I really believe that this is a great dinner restaurant. The ambience was relaxed and comfortable. Dining on the patio for those of us that are smokers and was really enjoyabole as we could have a nice glass of wine along with a cigarette while waiting for our meal. I will definitly return soon. Upon arriving the hostess was very friendly and made us feel that she was happy to see us although we had never met her before. She accommodated us immediately we asked if we could sit on the patio and she immediately showed us a table to our liking,The waiter told us about the special and he was right it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sadly averageCrowhillrebelDined on 8/1/2014For a restaurant located in a casino, we examine expected a higher level of service. Though not terribly busy, our wine and meals took longer than it should. Twice our waitress came by to apologize for.delays. When it came to food was just OK, and lacked any real creativity. One word review: Underwhelming.
- CarolSalonXOBocaDined on 7/26/2014I haven't eating there in a long time because the food was not great. What a surprise, the food was exceptionally good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicolapaula007Dined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is the best. We're going there again. Food out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stutzyDined on 7/15/2014limited menu, but food prepared very well. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- MunchsmaDined on 7/12/2014Chef doesn't use capellini and needs to spice up dishes. Bread was staleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 7/11/2014Always excellent but even better now with new chef. Tammy is an excellent server and the general atmosphere is so very nice. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- nice placejmlsurferVIPDined on 7/5/2014Good restaurant , good food affordable , in the casino which provides a venue for dancing , bar scene , gambling without further driving .Special Features:
- The following 672 reviews are from the Sorrisi reviews archive.
- sorrisi much betterfunnygirlDined on 6/24/2014the first time we went to sorrisi we could not eat the food. this time I noticed that the place changed hands and I knew the chef was different.my eggplant parm dish was good for the first couple of bites and then the eggplant was undercooked toward the middle of the meal. spaghetti was not hot and I asked for more sauce, the sauce they bought was not hot. the taste of the food was good. I would have enjoyed it if it was cooked all the way through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.