5550 NW 40th Street
Coconut Creek, FL 33073Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/
- Phone: 9549356689x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Becky St Clair General Manager, Jacob Perego Executive Chef
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sorrisi
In Italian Sorrisi means "smile." While creating this restaurant, we were inspired by all the things about la vie en Italia that bring smiles to our faces – the great food and fine wines, the inviting smells and bold flavors, the time we spend gathered in kitchens with our friends and loved ones, and the chance to share our passion and joy for Italian culture and cuisine with you, our guests. Here's to life, love, and whatever makes you smile. Salute!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sorrisi reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Food goodgoldieDined on 8/30/2014Food was good,waitress service when we finally were served was excellent. Front desk management was poor. Too many people were kept waiting even tho many tables were unoccupied. Did not appreciate waiting to be seated for 45 min.serSpecial Features:
- Great Italian foodWoodyDined on 8/24/2014If you like Italian food, you'll enjoy this place. The place is clean, the food is very good, the people are pleasant. My wife and I eat there a lot.wSpecial Features:
- Great Place, amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Sorrisi has improved it's standards by leaps and bounds. A warm, welcoming atmosphere is the first thing you see. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The food is both inventive and delicious. Kudos to the new executive chef and his wonderful staff. From classic Italian dishes to more sophisticated fare, all the food is plated beautifully and is so elevated from the old menu. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodClubTreeNorthDined on 8/20/2014We have dined at Sorrisi's many times and always have a good experience. They start with bread and oil while you are ordering wine. Caesar salad, flatbreads and meatballs are good appetizer choices. For the main course, my favorites are lasagna and chicken parmesan. They will also make veal parm if you ask, although it is no longer on the menu. Get the meat sauce on your side pasta, although it is extra. The wait staff is exceeding friendly and attentive. Desserts are very good - especially the shakes. Sometimes I am just with my husband, sometimes the extended family and recently went there with friends. Because it is in the Casino at Coconut Creek, you can continue the evening after dinner if you wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I am a server myself. For the amount of work it seems the server themself has to actually do for the guests, ie. retrieve drinks and place order, mine seemed a little over whelmed with their four table section. Noticing that the seating of all four tables was very well paced out. Over all though the food was fantastic and management friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casino fanCASINOFANDined on 8/19/2014took a friend for dinner on Tuesday night, sat on patio section in the casino. for appetizers we had the mellanzane Siciliane , a pizza and calamari arrabiati, my friend enjoyed the eggplant ,but the tomato sauce under the calamari was just a bit too spicy for my taste. pizza came out hot and crispy....the chicken parmesan was delicious, as was the fettucine alfredo and the penne with marinara sauce... our server Priscilla was friendly and very professional, she suggested some of the specials , Thanks Priscilla...Staff at Sorrisi is always great. thanks Priscilla,great service. Server Nancy stopped by to say hello, it's always refreshing when the staff takes time to stop by to say hello,, The staff helps to make a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale experiencekenflaDined on 8/13/2014Sorrisi has become a different kind of restaurant. The quality and presentation have risen but so have the prices. Service, by Nancy, is just right. Might try a "small plate entrée" to cater to those with smaller appetites or diabetic diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The meal was not worth the price. The fish had no flavor and the baked rigatoni was dry. The salad had too much pepper. The dessert was ok and the coffee was good. Not planning on going there again
- Casino SmokeCraigDined on 8/9/2014The service and the food were both outstanding. My only problem was navigating through the smoke filled casino to find the restaurant. Since the restaurant is connected to the casino, the cigarette smoke could still be smelled setting off my sinuses. Admittedly I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and others may not have any problem with it.Special Features:
- Hostess, waiter, food, excellentFredDined on 8/3/2014We never had lunch there and do not think that they are open for lunch but I really believe that this is a great dinner restaurant. The ambience was relaxed and comfortable. Dining on the patio for those of us that are smokers and was really enjoyabole as we could have a nice glass of wine along with a cigarette while waiting for our meal. I will definitly return soon. Upon arriving the hostess was very friendly and made us feel that she was happy to see us although we had never met her before. She accommodated us immediately we asked if we could sit on the patio and she immediately showed us a table to our liking,The waiter told us about the special and he was right it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sadly averageCrowhillrebelDined on 8/1/2014For a restaurant located in a casino, we examine expected a higher level of service. Though not terribly busy, our wine and meals took longer than it should. Twice our waitress came by to apologize for.delays. When it came to food was just OK, and lacked any real creativity. One word review: Underwhelming.
- CarolSalonXOBocaDined on 7/26/2014I haven't eating there in a long time because the food was not great. What a surprise, the food was exceptionally good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicolapaula007Dined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is the best. We're going there again. Food out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stutzyDined on 7/15/2014limited menu, but food prepared very well. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- MunchsmaDined on 7/12/2014Chef doesn't use capellini and needs to spice up dishes. Bread was staleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomDined on 7/11/2014Always excellent but even better now with new chef. Tammy is an excellent server and the general atmosphere is so very nice. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- nice placejmlsurferDined on 7/5/2014Good restaurant , good food affordable , in the casino which provides a venue for dancing , bar scene , gambling without further driving .Special Features:
- sorrisi much betterfunnygirlDined on 6/24/2014the first time we went to sorrisi we could not eat the food. this time I noticed that the place changed hands and I knew the chef was different.my eggplant parm dish was good for the first couple of bites and then the eggplant was undercooked toward the middle of the meal. spaghetti was not hot and I asked for more sauce, the sauce they bought was not hot. the taste of the food was good. I would have enjoyed it if it was cooked all the way through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat if luv foodluv2eatDined on 6/22/2014Service was outstanding and the food was great,I would recommend Sorris to my friends. Come with empty belly, there is plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fish and nice size portionsChampDined on 6/22/2014We had a party of three. All orders came quickly and were hot and cooked to perfection. Good size portions and great taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Food good Service excellent. Would definitly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- india51Dined on 6/20/2014Great service and food was flavorful, nicely presented and atmosphere was relaxing. Rolls were more like dinner rolls than nice italian bread but over all a great choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationYummyDined on 6/20/2014The server was outstanding. The food was average except for the fish which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aniceplacetodineDined on 6/17/2014We always enjoy this place. Wait Staff is great. We love the bread they serve with the olive oil and herbs. Always a nice place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamesDined on 6/15/2014Food is very good,always up to my expectation. Most servers are terrific and wait time with a reservation is minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Terrible ServicemetaDined on 6/15/2014I brought my father here for father's day. I had reservations for 6:00 PM. When I went to the hostess she politely asked me to wait just a little while they get the table ready. We didn't end up seated until closer to 6:30 PM. As we walked by the empty tables, I wondered why we waited so long. The waitress wasn't particularly friendly and it took well over an hour before our food came. That was the last time we saw our waitress until it was time to pay the bill. The only redeeming factor was that the food was very good.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Food here is always good and the portions are huge. Prices are not bad eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smoke filled casinoZzzzDined on 6/14/2014If you don't mind walking through a smoke filled casino to get to this restaurant then this is an okay place to eat. I won't be back until the casino decreases or eliminates the smoke.
- out for dinnerCASINOFANDined on 6/10/2014on Tuesday night,, I wanted to take my cousin out for dinner, we had calamari to start with,, excellent,, hot and crispy , great aioli sauce, he had chicken picata , said he loved it . I had my usual chicken parm and rigatoni with marinara sauce. large nice piece of chicken. came out hot and juicy...Our server suggested the Tiramisu and gelato for dessert. great service ,, Gabriela , thanks for the suggestions.. Tiramisu and the gelatos were a great finish to our meal. Gabriela was upbeat and sweet, courteous and efficient.so wonderful to deal with nice people for a change... Nancy helped out with water and bread.. really enjoy the atmosphere at Sorrisi , servers are excellent,,,great place for dinner. thanks so much GabrielaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceLulu32Dined on 6/4/2014Anthony our waiter was very helpful in suggesting and explaining the dishes. Food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for DinnerCASINOFANDined on 6/4/2014Took a friend for dinner the other night,,, Nancy our server was fantastic as usual... she is happy ,upbeat and very efficient,,, she offered a few suggestions, thanks Nancy.. dinner was great.. food was hot and flavorful... calamari cooked to perfection...service was great.. Server Juan dropped by to say hello,,it all works together to create a very nice atmosphere. Coconut Creek needs more caring, helpful, great staff like Nancy and Juan. They make you want to go back again and again. thanks guys,, see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPBLeisurevilleLadiesDined on 5/31/2014Seated promptly, food was delicious, server was very pleasant and knew exactly what was on the menu. He was able to answer all our questions and gave us great recommendations! Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungry2Dined on 5/31/2014I in the past, I have had some issues with the service and food. On one occasion our waitress never came to the table except to give us a check. The second problem was, (with the same waitress) when she got the order wrong. The third problem was again getting the wrong food. But this time everything was very good. Even other waiters said goodbye as we were leaving. So the restaurant has made a turn for the better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This is the 3 rd time I have eaten here. The food was average the first time. I was hoping it would be better the 2 nd and 3 rd time. The third time there was no salt and pepper on the table and the waitress was overwealmed with all the tables she was waiting on. 3 times your out. I will not eat there again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The food was good and served hot. It was relaxing time after playing the slots. I would tell others about our experiences.Special Features:
- I'm done with this placeSouthFloridaVegasLoverDined on 5/27/2014I want so much to like this place having been there several times. My last visit was 4 days ago on a slow Tuesday night. We had a hair in the bread basket, but ignored it. The place was empty, but the meal took forever to arrive. We ordered coffee and dessert. The desserts came 15 minutes after the coffee, despite not requiring any cooking. We had to flag down the very inattentive and rude waiter (Jeff) who was more concerned with flirting with a co-worker. We were annoyed and he knew it. Despite my better judgement, I left a $20 tip for the waiter who never returned to the table after leaving the bill. Today I realized my credit card was not returned and I had to cancel it. This was absolutely intentional and I'm done with this place.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Our food was great, pan seared snapper. The service - Nancy was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!olliepittDined on 5/11/2014WE LOVE SORRICI!!! The food is always perfect and the waitstaff is attentive without being over the top. When we travel to Coconut Creek, if its to gamble or not, we have dinner at Sorrici. The perfect spot for a wonderful meal attentively served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well done!brady1Dined on 5/11/2014We came for Mother's Day, had a fish dish, shrimp and pasta, and short ribs, all were excellent! My mother in law ate everything on her plate! Anthony was our waiter and was wonderful. Can get noisy if the room is full, outdoor sections allow smoking, so if that bothers you, stay well inside the restaurant. Casino attached for after dinner fun. Valet Parking availableSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The service was excellent and everyone was very happy with their meal. It was my husband's birthday and the waitress brought some ice cream with a candle to the table.Special Features: