3875 Highway 97A
Chelan, WA 98816Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tsillancellars.com/sorrentos-ristorante
- Phone: (509) 682-5409
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Seven Nights A Week: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Austin Harmon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Sorrento's Ristorante
Sorrento’s Ristorante at Tsillan Cellar’s owner, Dr. Bob Jankelson, admits that the food of Italy captured him before he developed his interest in wine. Dozens of teaching trips to Italy instilled an appreciation of Italian cuisine paired with food friendly wine shared with friends and family. The same meticulous attention to detail evident in Tsillan Cellars stunning Italian architecture and grounds, transfers to a kitchen that brings world class dining to the shores of Lake Chelan. In winter, the inviting Italian fireplace and panoramic views of Lake Chelan and snow clad mountains blend with award winning food and wine to leave indelible memories. Outstanding ambiance, food, wine and service--- four reasons Sorrento’s Ristorante at Tsillan Cellars was named OpenTable Top 100 Scenic Restaurants in America in 2014.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sorrento's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Chelan ›
Sorrento's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)great for outdoor dining (41)special occasion (36)romantic (31)notable wine list (25)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Favorite Spot - Time after TimesmilemaryDined on 11/1/2014We have been coming to Sorrento's for over 10 years. In fact, we were one of the first guests when the restaurant opened in the winery tasting room. They have just gotten better and better - the food, service and ambiance never disappoints!Special Features:
- DisappointingTastebudVIPDined on 10/24/2014We went here because we were staying on the south shore and it was the most convenient after a late arrival - I had high hopes but it really was overall pretty disappointing. The wine "steward" really didn't know very much about the wines and said some strange, incongruous things re: the wine on offer, and of course being a winery restaurant your selections were limited. My salad was watery and tasteless and I had to ask for more dressing. I had the chicken marsala and my partner had the spaghetti and meatballs . Mine was extremely salty, to the point of being awful. The meatballs were crumbly and dry. We had a pie a la mode for dessert and the pie crust was so rubbery we couldn't even cut it - I think they must have microwaved it.
- We'll be back!bistrobabeDined on 10/24/2014While visiting Lake Chelan we had reserved a table at Sorrento's Restaurant in the Tsillan Winery for a Friday night. When we arrived in Chelan we noted that Sorrento's also had a special pasta night on Wednesdays and Thursdays so we decided to give it a try. Wow! You can choose from two pasta menus for either $10.95 or $14.95 with about 3 different selections in each category. I chose the later and had a tortellini with pancetta and peas in a white cream sauce. YUM! the next night we returned and chose off the regular menu and again had wonderful meals. Service was superb with very friendly and helpful staff. In the fall/winter get a table by the fireplace if you can. It's so cozy. Can't wait for our next trip to Chelan.Special Features:
- yummyMaggieDined on 10/16/2014happy that it's pasta night specials on Thursday ...deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceBigFootDined on 10/5/2014If you are visiting Lake Chelan, Tsillan Cellars is a must to see, and Sorrento's will become a favorite place to dine at. The whole experience is incredible, and the food and service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Poor Acoustics, Great ServicerothschildGDined on 10/4/2014Fire the architect, the noise level and reverb were terrible, my ears are still ringing. The view is awesome, the service was top notch, the food was good, although from all the hype, I'd expected better. I'd order the Chicken Marsala again. Did I say the view is awesome? I expect that the ambient noise level is better in the summer when the patio doors are open. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Lovely settingWinedivaDined on 10/3/2014While the setting is lovely the food is not stellar and the noise level made it nearly impossible to carry on a conversation. I believe in summer with the walls open the noise levels would not be so high, but there is nothing to diffuse it when they are closed. Large group near us were extremely loud. Food was disappointing. Very pedestrian. Limited wines since this is a winery but their Bellisimo Rossa is nice. Pasta sauce uninteresting, Ceasar Salad boring. Won't rush back.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewpaluv2dineDined on 9/25/2014Sorrento restaurant was beautiful and had a great view of Lake Chelan. The service and servers were very attentive and professional. However the food, while bring tasty, was pretty average for the cost. We ordered a bottle of Rossi and since it was a winery, assumed that it would be outstanding. However the wine lacked much taste and had an odd aftertaste. I was not impressed with this winery and would try another place on our next visit.Special Features:
- Lake Chelan restaurantchimproweDined on 9/9/2014Tsillan Cellars is not only a good place to sample wine, it is a nice lunch stop. Service, view, food, and of course quality wine selection make it a fine choice. xxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerdinerooDined on 9/8/2014Setting was amazing. Service a little slow and food a little disappointing. All in all though service was very friendly and would still suggest going there. Has a lot of potential if executed right. Very much a great vibe just lacked in execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreBirthdaygirlDined on 9/7/2014For the price, the food was mediocre at best. The noise level was very high with a very loud table behind us. The staff, however, were great. They moved us to a beautiful view location at our request. The wine girl was very enjoyable to talk with and the server was great.Special Features:
- Sorrent'sJimBDined on 9/7/2014Sunday Brunch along the shores of Lake Chelan. Beutiful sorrounding, excellent food and service. Reallly enjoyed our selves. The live panio mustic was exceptional. Really a great place.Special Features:
- yummy as everRoxlakeVIPDined on 9/4/2014Just stopped in for a quick appetizer and salad and as usual, staff was wonderful, food was great, and the view was fantastic!Special Features:
- Can't Beat the ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Great location overlooking Lake Chelan. Plus the large open grass area and koi pond was great for kids to meander. During the warm summer months, the doors are open all around the restaurant giving it more of an outdoor feel. We typically go twice a year being that we are in Seattle. This particular time the service was poor. Not totally at the fault of the server, but I think the restaurant is understaffed on busy nights. We had a 6:30 pm reservation and didn't get our food until 8:00 pm. And one of our dishes was forgotten on the order, so it took another 10 minutes to prepare. Not always the situation here but they definitely need to do a better job at staffing during busy times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GR8foodDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, wine and service, as always. We never get tired of this place. A MUST for all seasons !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Vegetable frittata was to die for. So good. We had a group of 7 and everyone loves the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014If you want to feel like being in Italy without long distance travel, visit Sorrento's!Special Features:
- DisappointedINTmnDined on 8/30/2014Wine was fantastic, the view unbelievable, food was a disappointment. After reading the reviews, we expected more menu choices for italian dishes. No ravioli, tortellini in marinara, or lasagna. We ordered spaghetti and meatballs and canneloni, and both were average. Dessert was fantastic....best creme brûlée! We made a reservation, and asked for one of the view tables when we arrived. Even though several were empty, the staff said "I don't have any open". She told us she had a table with a garden view....and we were seated in the back of the building where we did not see the view we came for at all. This was a special occasion for us.....and this meal did not deliver. I would recommend for dessert and wine.....and a possible view.Special Features:
- First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I choose this restaurant upon recommendation of Linda Higgins for a first date with a very special man. He is new to the area and was over an hour late but the servers were very accommodating and did not make me feel out of place as I waited and served us very well when he arrived. In Seattle where I live the servers would have asked me to move along. Thank you for making this the location of the first date we will long remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoxlakeVIPDined on 8/28/2014In addition to great food and service, we enjoyed live music as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUTIFUL SETTING WITH GREAT FOODhikeguruDined on 8/26/2014Great Place to go for a nice view of Lake Chelan with outdoor seating. Food was great and nice wines from the onsite winery.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal for allleonied138Dined on 8/20/2014This was our last dinner in Chelan for the Summer season and we loved it! The children loved their dinner and so did the adults. Good quality and great service by all staff. Wine is fabulous to say the least, we renewed our wine club membership!Special Features:
- A must visit while in ChelanWineluverDined on 8/20/2014I come here everytime I'm in Chelan. They have amazing wine, service, and gourmet food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting even betterMinnieVIPDined on 8/16/2014They finally have their wine billed on the same ticket as their food. That was annoying in the past. The food was good. Not the best ribeye I've ever had but it was good. A bit overpriced for what I got but the view makes up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place to eat!catsamieDined on 8/16/2014This is my favorite place to eat in the United States!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chelanlivingDined on 8/16/2014A problem with inattentive service (entire wait staff) and our order ticket getting lost, which caused a big delay in getting our food. However, all the other times we have visited Sorrento's, the service and food have both been very good. We appreciate that the server was very apologetic for the food delay oversight, and we received free deserts and a discount on our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Views and Great FoodTablefor2VIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a must when visiting Lake Chelan. The winery is absolutely beautiful and the wine is fabulous, I recommend Sempre Amore. a white wine that goes with anything and great for summer. The food is very good and has that Italian homemade delicious quality. We dine here every visit and have taken so many friends and family here. Recent visit with my Italian relatives confirmed the authentic food quality and taste. The dining area is beautifully appointed and comfortable both in summer and fall. We have sat by the koi pond a number of times and it is so relaxing. Service is exceptional and the wine stewards are so knowledgeable and friendly, not pompous or stuffy making wine selection easy and comfortable. Come dine and enjoy!Special Features:
- DisappointmentfavdiningnomoreDined on 8/13/2014Food was tasty, along with bread & dipping sauce. Wednesday night pasta specials are well within price range. Service was good. Not impressed with wine and shortage of good appetizers. Sorrento's has decreased in our estimation. Not sure if we will return or recommend to our summer guests. 3 star restaurant with a 5 star view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Right next to Tsillan winery, it was fun to wine taste, then move outside on a beautiful summer evening for a fine meal outdoors, overlooking Lake Chelan. The service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Relaxing DinnerBbanncarDined on 8/7/2014The open dining to a fantastic view was excellent. The food had a great taste and was served in a timely manner. The mood of the restaurant was very relaxed and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and romantic settingSeattleFoodLoverDined on 8/4/2014We had a really good experience eating here. The setting and view were amazing - really special. The service was great and the food was pretty good - not the best, especially for the price, but this was more than made up for by the ambience.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDaveVIPDined on 8/2/2014We dined here for our three year anniversary while spending the weekend in Lake Chelan. We arrived early for some advance wine tasting. The tasting room was packed, so not the best experience, but worthwhile doing to pick out a bottle of wine for dinner. We were seated at a nice table to enjoy the view of the lake. Dinner was excellent with good service. Since it was our anniversary, they treated us to a complimentary dessert which was nice! Excellent experience all around and would return when in the area again!Special Features:
- The following 94 reviews are from the Sorrento's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great findWinetimeDined on 7/28/2014Food was great ! View was great ! Kid friendly. The wine was the one of the best parts of the evening . We loves everything about the evening and cannot wait to go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a lovely settingJlo330Dined on 7/28/2014We haven't dined at Sorrento's in a couple years and were impressed with the upgrades they have made to their outdoor dining area. The food remains delicious and the views of Lake Chelan and the countryside unsurpassed. We were also very impressed with their wine cellars "double gold winner" Pinot Grigio. A great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with beautiful viewAmberDined on 7/26/2014If you visit Lake Chelan, I strongly recommend to have dinner in Sorrento's Ristorante. You would have an unforgettable life experience. Please bring the people you love with you. :)Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingmariaDined on 7/26/2014We booked this a month in advance, we were so excited to eat there. The service was just OK. The person clearing our table was less than thrilled to be working there. We asked him a simple question about the balsamic dipping sauce for the bread and he said he didn't know and just walked away. Our entrees were a miss for the most part. The eggplant was overcooked and everyone's side zucchini was under cooked. The iced coffee was pretty bad as well. However, the location is amazing and we had a great table for such a large group. We just expected more. But we would go back, the wine is amazing!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014It was very good...we should have checked our check closer though...when we arrived home we realized we were charged for a bottle of pinot gris rather than a glass..it was a 12dollar over charge...we will come back ..we will just check our bill a little closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticPamelaDined on 7/22/2014Had a romantic evening with my husband. Food was wonderful, wine server was knowledgeable and guided me to what I liked. Had a view of the patio and Koi pond, beautiful! Service was a tad slow at the end to get our bill, but otherwise it was a wonderful evening and would expect to go back when we are in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been betterLiketodineDined on 7/21/2014Out of 5 people, only one felt their food was outstanding. I paid @ $36 for about a 2 oz portion of overcooked salmon. Wine choices are limited to the host winery. Some good, some not so good. Service was very good. I spoke to friends that went. They said theirs was fine but stick to the pasta. Our food lacked and we may not be back.Special Features:
- amazing find in ChelanrocketDined on 7/19/2014They were so nice to us.. we had a party of 12 ... kids and grownups.. The food was all great "10" Would definitely return... loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.