Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sorrentohouston.com/
- Phone: (713) 527-0609
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See restaurant website for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have our wine room, fireplace room, atrium, and main dining room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sami Bates 7135270609x
- Entertainment: Piano
- Special Events: Check out our website to find details on our next Wine Dinner!
A word from Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Sorrento Ristorante is a complete Italian experience located on the lower Westheimer strip. At Sorrento, receive attentive service from their experienced, knowledgeable, and professional staff. They serve a sophisticated, creative and contemporary Italian menu along with an extensive wine list that ranges from the rolling vineyards of Tuscany to California. The atmosphere is completed by their live piano bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (95)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (37)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (21)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great night for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014We had a great night at Sorrento. The live piano music gave it extra ambiance. The food was outstanding. I had the sea bass and will definitely order again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 11/22/2014Beautiful restaurant. Loved the piano player. The food was very average. Two people orderd the Osso Bucco and were disaappointed. Not enough sauce and low in flavor.Special Features:
- JudyDined on 11/18/2014Sservice was friendly and efficient. Love the $24 Business Lunch option. The Chilean Sea Bass with artichoke and spinche was divine! Nice, classy place to take clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorrento's is fantastic!food4dougDined on 11/15/2014Sorrento's is a gem in a crowded neighborhood on Westheimer just east of Montrose. Great food, service, and piano. Very romantic. Doug MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a group from out of town, they were impressedalwaysonsundayDined on 11/12/2014nothing like getting kudos from out-of-townees when you want to impress. the food, wine and ambiance were impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS PLACE FOR BIRTHDAY DINNERS!TRUFFLESDined on 11/12/20144 of us celebrated our birthdays at a great dinner at Sorrentos. What a treat. 3 of us had just been to Italy and I specifically went for the annual Alba truffle fair. so what a great surprise when the chef made us a special truffle pasta dish. The entire dinner was outstanding with incredible service. The wine list is extensive. Our special birthday desserts toped off the evening. I have been to this restaurant in the past and was equally impressed then as well. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.texasgirlDined on 11/11/2014Great restaurant, excellent food and service. Very nice restaurant for those speical occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightPRH98Dined on 11/7/2014Food was wonderful as usual. Service was great even though kitchen was running a little slow. Great place with great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorrentoGJK1956Dined on 11/3/2014Order an off the menu meal the Seafood Linguine best I have had in Houston.Special Features:
- 2nd Time Home RunMsBuzzVIPDined on 10/28/2014This is my second visit to Sorrento and it was just good as the first. Loved our waiter - got the same one with the Italian accent again. He was very patient and accommodating, especially with my 88 year old aunt. This was my first visit for dinner. The piano made the ambiance even better. The birthday cake for my sister was presented with the piano playing happy birthday. The entire staff takes the time to acknowledge you upon arrival as departure and that makes you feel welcome. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Top NotchCcbrown2002Dined on 10/27/2014First off I never give a 5 star review, but... Everything about my experience at Sorrento's was top notch. Service was out of this world, food was fantastic. Started with Lobster Bisque, girlfriend started with Minestrone. Both soups were out of this world, bisque had a couple large pieces of fresh lobster, Minestrone was also stellar. Split a Caprese salad, mozerella was soft and fresh, tomatoes were red juicy and ripe. Both of us had the lasagna for our entree, it was built and cooked perfectly. Some of the best I've ever had. Server was attentive, staff was friendly. I will definitely be coming back to this place on special occasions and would recommend to all of my friends.Special Features:
- A Special EveningandrewDined on 10/26/2014What a wonderful evening! We visit Houston for business each October and always eat at Sorrento on our last night in town! The service was fantastic and the food was very good!. The piano music was the icing on the cake! We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Eveningfood4dougDined on 10/25/2014I was entertaining a New York City visitor who knows the restaurants of NY. She could not believe we had found such a wonderful place to dine in Houston as Sorrento's. The food was fabulous, the wine was superb, and Ricardo our waiter made the experience a gem. It was also fitting the first song played when we arrived was "New York, New York." DougSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousluv2eatVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food was delicious and the service excellent. We enjoyed everything from the filet, pasta, salad to the chocolate souffle. Even the bread was so fresh and delicious. We always enjoy Sorrento when we dine there. It is definitely an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Tables are so close togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014That all three of us kept getting our chairs hit up against with busy staff and guests. We even complained after my friend had the fourth chair slammed into her knee with great pain. We told out waiter who said he would tell the manager and nothing came out of it. Would not recommend secondary to the issue that it is an expensive meal to have the annoyance of constantly being pushed around!
- Exquisite MealAmandaDined on 10/18/2014We came to this restaurant for my 30th birthday and were more than thrilled with our experience. Our server was a little more casual than I would have preferred for the ambiance, but he was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful so we have no complaints. I don't believe there was anything we ordered that wasn't spectacular - the focaccia and mozzarella and anchovy breads were wonderful, the crab cake was delicate and creative, the seared diver scallops were buttery and delicious, the wine (I chose a glass of the Matua Valley Sauvignon Blanc) was sensational and the chocolate soufflé was truly the best way to end the evening. This will absolutely be our restaurant of choice for special occasions.Special Features:
- Sweet SurpriseMsBuzzVIPDined on 10/14/2014Wow! I passed by this place a hundred times but it never got my attention. I saw the reviews on Open Table and decided to give it a try. The décor was so tasteful and appropriate it almost felt like I was actually in Sorrento. The waiter had a wonderful Italian accent and was very charming. The food was an excellent value. I ordered from the lunch menu expecting to get miniscule portions of a meal but I was shocked at the size of my steak. It's bigger than some steaks offered for dinner at other places and was only $24 with a soup and dessert. The mini chocolate soufflé was to die for. I can't wait to go back for my mini vacation to Sorrento. Ignore the outside. The inside will take you to bella Italia.Special Features:
- We found our Italian restaurantDocTurkVIPDined on 10/11/2014Finally, we found our favorite Italian restaurant in Houston.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationthanksgivingDined on 10/11/2014Great Restsurant Our waiter, Alex, was excellent. Loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from start to finishTraceyDined on 10/4/2014We were taken to our table immediately upon arrival - put the 2 of us at a table for 4, which is always nice. Wine list was respectable - we're a little spoiled being from California. My husband had the filet, and noted that it was one of the best he has had (and we have been to some pretty notable restaurants, ie., Jules Verne, French Laundry). My veal was perfectly cooked. The waitstaff was attentive but not hovering. Only one suggestion - creme brulee was served cold/room temperature, so they should torch the sugar right before serving it instead of hours before. Lovely, lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner!ColormelDined on 10/3/2014This place was everything that I thought it would be. I enjoyed this birthday celebration. I would recommend starting of with making a reservation before going to this restaurant due to limited space. We start off by sampling on of their wines, then an appetizer (crab cake which is amazing), two soups (lobster bisque), main course (salmon special with crab risotto and red snapper with risotto). Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top of the GameSteboDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food and staff. No better piano bar in Houston. The owner makes everyone feel at home and at the end of the evening you are talking about when you are coming back.Special Features:
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Sorrento is our favorite Italian restaurant in Houston. When we are in the area, we always try and go for dinner. Food is spectacular; service is excellent, ambiance is beautiful. It is a lovely restaurant and makes any visit romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening and Great MealTomHDined on 9/19/2014I have been enjoying Sorrento's for many years now and this latest experience was as good as I have come to expect. The ambiance is charming and the food and service very much to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicegeauxnissaDined on 9/14/2014I come here often and I'm never disappointed. The food and the service are outstanding. A beautiful setting for brunch with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and funBrettwellDined on 9/8/2014The service and quality of food makes this an elegant dinner space each and every time. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- True gem of a restaurantFoodfanVIPDined on 9/8/2014Went here on a Monday for a business lunch with a total party of 6. We were first treated to a private room (wine selection was amazing, unfortunately not able to partake at lunch), which was the first surprise. We then were offered a chef's appetizer then burratta salad offering, which were very nicely put together and more "foodie" than traditional Italian. We ordered our main dishes, which were a mix of savory traditional Italian offerings including pasta dishes and seafood selections. I never write reviews, but I wanted to try and get more of the word out on this place as our experience was phenomenal, and recognizing it was Monday, I would have hoped there would have been more people there. Will now add to my regular repertoire!Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchdinnerdateDined on 9/7/2014We had a great brunch at the restaurant for a reasonable price. Good food excellent service from Salvador.. He waited on us and he was fantastic. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent! Our waiter on the other hand was trying to get the most of our money. When asked about a dish, he tried to offer the most expensive items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectdanishbDined on 9/6/2014Our appetizer experiment went well . We will definitely be returning to have a full meal. Theere were 2 flaws with the meal: the foie gras was mildly undercooked (barely noticeable), and the creme brulee was not quite set (still a but warm and definitely too runny to serve).Special Features:
- Loved itThatfoodguyDined on 8/31/2014We ha Chris as our waiter and he was extremely helpful and informative whenever we had a question. The food was fantastic as was the wine selection and the overall price for the meal was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmithjdDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful restaurant. The wait staff is so pleasant and helpful. Had brunch and Look forward to going for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceYellowdog762Dined on 8/30/2014Great ambiance, superb service and wonderful food. The bread tray is the only weakness. It looks great with a variety of types of bread, but they were all cold, and none had a taste that lived up to their visual appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Went here for restaurant week - the portions were generous and the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BalanceDilleauxDined on 8/29/2014Loved the food. Waiter had just right level of attentiveness. Beautiful restaurant, great ambience, perfect for the special evening.Special Features:
- Best resturant in Houstonlobos68VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife & I had the greatest pleasure of dining at Sorrento's last weekend. Everything was impeccable...valet, bar, host, seating, service, selection, cuisine, ambience, etc... We were treated with so much class that we stayed far longer than we anticipated. We loved it so much that we are going back for our anniversary. Full scale 5 star service from door to seating. The management & staff should be commended on such a great collective effort. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFactsDined on 8/29/2014We needed to eat lunch & return to work. A seamless service of excellent dishes. We enjoyed our meal, keep our schedule and have recommended it to others. I want to come for dinner & enjoy the piano. -Foodie FastsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being back in RomeAndieDined on 8/27/2014Ever since I visited Italy, Italian food here in the states has paled in comparison, but now I know that if I am craving authentic Italian food, all I have to do is go to Sorrento. My favorite part was the waiter actually asked us if my group and I wanted to have the typical fast paced American lunch or to have a lunch like the Italians do. The food was fantastic, the restaurant was beautiful, and the wine was exactly what I was looking for. I never give five stars unless the restaurant deserves it, and Sorrento Ristorante Italiano definitely deserves and earned my five star rating.Special Features:
- Great Date NightdatenightDined on 8/24/2014Great service at the restaurant. I ordered from the HRW 2014 menu and the food was average or a little above average. But everything else was great. Great water refills and tasty bread served. Great waiter who took pictures of us upon request. Very classy restaurant. Will probably go again.Special Features:
- Memories of AmalfiHappyDinerDined on 8/24/2014I love the ambiance of this restaurant. The murals of lemon trees and the Mediterranean remind me of a special time on Italy's Amalfi coast. I was only there for brunch, but was impressed by the selection, presentation of the food as well as the service. On my top 5 lists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.