Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sorrentohouston.com/
- Phone: 7135270609x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See restaurant website for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have our wine room, fireplace room, atrium, and main dining room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sami Bates 7135270609x
- Entertainment: Piano
- Special Events: Check out our website to find details on our next Wine Dinner!
A word from Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Sorrento Ristorante is a complete Italian experience located on the lower Westheimer strip. At Sorrento, receive attentive service from their experienced, knowledgeable, and professional staff. They serve a sophisticated, creative and contemporary Italian menu along with an extensive wine list that ranges from the rolling vineyards of Tuscany to California. The atmosphere is completed by their live piano bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (106)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (35)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (23)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We ha Chris as our waiter and he was extremely helpful and informative whenever we had a question. The food was fantastic as was the wine selection and the overall price for the meal was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmithjdDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful restaurant. The wait staff is so pleasant and helpful. Had brunch and Look forward to going for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Went here for restaurant week - the portions were generous and the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best resturant in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife & I had the greatest pleasure of dining at Sorrento's last weekend. Everything was impeccable...valet, bar, host, seating, service, selection, cuisine, ambience, etc... We were treated with so much class that we stayed far longer than we anticipated. We loved it so much that we are going back for our anniversary. Full scale 5 star service from door to seating. The management & staff should be commended on such a great collective effort. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFactsDined on 8/29/2014We needed to eat lunch & return to work. A seamless service of excellent dishes. We enjoyed our meal, keep our schedule and have recommended it to others. I want to come for dinner & enjoy the piano. -Foodie FastsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightdatenightDined on 8/24/2014Great service at the restaurant. I ordered from the HRW 2014 menu and the food was average or a little above average. But everything else was great. Great water refills and tasty bread served. Great waiter who took pictures of us upon request. Very classy restaurant. Will probably go again.Special Features:
- Memories of AmalfiHappyDinerDined on 8/24/2014I love the ambiance of this restaurant. The murals of lemon trees and the Mediterranean remind me of a special time on Italy's Amalfi coast. I was only there for brunch, but was impressed by the selection, presentation of the food as well as the service. On my top 5 lists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeFreddytheCriticDined on 8/22/2014Good food and ambience. A little too focused on turning tables than the overall dining experience. Everything was good.Special Features:
- Always a perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Sorrento never disappoints--from the fabulous bread basket with roasted garlic, olive oil and pesto to a luscious dessert accompanied by the perfect wine. Add to that a wide variety of delicious entrees and a "take-a-deep-breath" relaxing setting--you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodyDined on 8/17/2014Went for our anniversary. Best decision! From start to finish we were treated with exceptional service, perfect drinks, and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best in houston, txTonyMDined on 8/17/2014I treated my girlfriend to a romantic dinner to this restaurant and the food was very good. As well as the service. Im very picky when it comes to specific standards to occasions and this place done very well in meeting them. I come from a italian family in nyc and it was just like being at one of the top of the line restaurants there. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a romantic or quiet dinner or even a group gathering. I will be defently return to this place in the near future. Tks.. Tony M.Special Features:
- PopoDined on 8/15/2014We were surprised to be seated in the wine room which allowed us to talk and hear each other ( average age 76) The wait staff was there when you needed them outherwise they were out of sight the food was prepared and served very well.There was a piano player who played soft dinning music. Yes I will return and send others......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful choice for Houston Restaurant Weeks. The food was excellent - loved the anchovy bread!Special Features:
- staff issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The wait staff here doesn't seem to have it together at all. The place feels old and tired, and the food is just OK.Special Features:
- CelebrationDinnerOutDined on 8/10/2014Family of three to celebrate wife's birthday. Food, was excellent, service superior! Waiter was present but not omnipresent to attend to our needs. Piano music background was a nice touch, especially jazz rendition of many show toons. The presentation of chocolate truffles as an acknowledgement of BD was unique (candle in one with piano player accompanying with Happy Birthday tune) We will return ... often!Special Features:
- dingsterVIPDined on 8/10/2014Came for HRW. Carpaccio was ok, but both salads had amazing cheese. Bread is an incredible selection. Main courses were salmon, ravioli, and filet mignon. All were excellent! Desserts were satisfactory. Panna cotta had good texture, tiramisu was average, and gelato wasn't bad. Loved the ambiance--the decor, the piano playing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014They were short staffed and the food took an extremetly long time. We arrived at 1 and didnt get to desert until 3, I think thats too long of a wait but the staff that was there was very friendly and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Great choice and attentive service. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and Great MealSethVIPDined on 8/9/2014Another great meal at Sorrento. Trey and his staff were most accommodating, even though it was a very busy night. The truffled risotto appetizer is not to be missed. Their gnochi is also spectacular. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice night outveggieloverDined on 8/9/2014Booked through Open Table and they gave us a private room without us even requesting it. Lovely! Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant Week FoodrjenningsDined on 8/9/2014The food off the special menu was exceptional. The service was excellent. The wait of more than thirty minutes for a 7:30 pm reservation wasn't too bad although I did have to ask for an open table of five/six to be reset for my party of four which was done. The food and service more than made up for the delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Magical momentKandSDined on 8/9/2014From the bread tray that is served from knowledgeable staff once you are seated to the dessert that makes you smile at the end of dinner, Sorrento's is the perfect place for a bit of romance and great eating. If you like sophisticated dining and service with a neighborhood feeling this is the place for you. Not to mention the pianist playing very pleasant music that is perfect for this understated restaurant. Suzanne and Ken Weatherly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a quiet evening outBluekittyDined on 8/8/2014Had the tasting menu. The ravioli appetizer was very good. Salad ok but not special. Red snapper entree very good. All in all we enjoyed a quiet, relaxing evening out with good food and good service.Special Features:
- I'll Be Back AgaingaverillDined on 8/5/2014Our party of four went to Sorrento as a part of Houston Restaurant Weeks. The wine, the salads, the service - all excellent. Our main waiter (cannot remember his name but I believe he was Peruvian) was very welcoming and recommended a great (although very expensive) bottle of wine. Our other waiter (cannot remember name either, but he was from Rome) was very nice and conversed in Italian about pasta and cooking. Overall a very nice experience, and every dish was excellent.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Love this restaurant and love donating to the Houston food bank. Great place to dine.Special Features:
- Great BrunchApachanDined on 8/3/2014This is a great brunch spot and I would like to go back for dinner. Portion size is great, and service was excellent. The owner was at the door greeting each guest, and was very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiDined on 8/3/2014Good service and interesting food choices. The mushroom ravioli was very tasty. The egg dishes were alright. I like the dinner menu much better than brunch.Special Features:
- Great spot for a romantic dinnerJeffDined on 8/1/2014Took my girlfriend here for a romantic dinner and was not disappointed. She had the veal ravioli and I had the torchetti pasta, if you are like me and you like zesty / spicy meaty pasta then this will be right up your alley, absolutely oustanding. My girlfriend had the veal ravioli which she loved as well and she was even more in love with the calamari. Great spot with great food and a wine, will definitely be going back there. The piano player created a very nice ambience and the venue was small enough to create a very personal feel but not small enough to feel cramped. Overall 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time..GreatbtalontDined on 8/1/2014I found them on line and was intrigued by the chefs tasting 4 course. We went for an anniversary, I had requested a romantic table and we got a nice secluded table but with a view to more of the dining area. The water asked right off if we were there for a special occasion and we told him. The meal was very good, just the right portions and they brought a special extra desert for us for our anniversary. I could not have been happier. I recommend it!Special Features:
- Best Italian in the cityKohnhead77Dined on 8/1/2014Had our 33 anniversary dinner on August 1, 2024. Everything was superb, from the service to the food. I could not recommend Sorrentos any higher. We live 25 miles away, but we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at SorrentoGwf58VIPDined on 7/31/2014Sorrento has always been very good but the other day my friend and I had the sea bass and it was without a doubt the best either of us have ever had!!!! Just when you though a restaurant couldn't get any better they do something like that!!!! Love unexpected treats like that!Special Features:
- Wonderful!MarmcDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I were in Houston for our anniversary and made a reservation at Sorrento. We were not disappointed! From the moment we arrived to valet parking until we drove off two hours later, we were treated like royalty. The atmosphere is very romantic. The pianist at the grand piano was excellent. Everything she played seemed as though I had chosen the playlist. The service was excellent. As we were having cocktails, we were presented with a complimentary appetizer, a delicious cheese ravioli. Our meals were perfect; my husband had the veal chop and I had ahi tuna. We were also presented with a complimentary dessert with a candle on it while the pianist played the Anniversary Song. It was an evening to remember. We shall return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMidtownfoodiesDined on 7/28/2014Three freinds having dinner a Sorrentos and every dish was outstanding. My friend from Norway commented on the freshness of the buffalo mozzarella in the featured salad and the perfect presentation of her duck. I had the tasting menu and all four courses were delightful. My friend ate his usual scallops and he is never disappointed. A lovely pinot noir was suggested in our price range and we all talked the next day of the great evening we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sorrentoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014food and service excellent as always. it was my wife's birthday and I noted it on the reservation yet the restaurant made no mention of it. does opentable not communicate with the restaurants about special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard grade on a fine dining scale.TxTCVIPDined on 7/25/2014Positives: Beautiful building. We were seated in the sunroom along one side of the building -- beautiful wood and glass design. They have an amazing piano at the entrance and the music was great. Great wine list -- lots of options under $100/bottle. Their markup seemed to be very reasonable - under $80 for a Mondavi Oakville. Negatives: Mediocre service. Our greeting at the door felt awkward and the server was a bit inattentive. Our courses felt very rushed -- we got through the four course tasting menu in under an hour. Not enough pause between courses. Food was tasty, but did not impress by fine dining standards. Really no wow-factor in any of the courses. This restaurant felt geared toward an older crowd.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 7/25/2014Always a pleasurable experience. Food is consistent and the service wonderful. Would return to this fine restaurant time and time again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014not our first visit but always great food and service!Special Features:
- Simply the best!!eatingoutRusDined on 7/22/2014Just tried Sorrento for the first time. What a restaurant!! Made a reservation for Tues; not crowded. Recommend the valet parking. The interior is lovely with several private rooms. The menu is varied and while Sorrento serves some traditional Italian dishes, they are over the top in quality and taste. The specials were wonderful and the sides were divine. I personally love risotto and they had several on their menu cooked to perfection. Our server, Steven, was great; not overbearing but always there when he thought we might need something. Steven said they try to buy local and so their specials vary from day to day bc they use only the best available. This is going to be our "go to" place to dine w/ friends and our new local hangoutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian!!DwarrenDined on 7/16/2014I took my friends here for lunch. Everything was perfect. The food was real Italian. I had osso buco and my friends had the sea bass. We were all so pleased with the 3 course business lunch for $24. A bottle of Kim Crawford Souvingnon Blanc for $20!!! I can't wait to go back for dinner with my hubby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorrentopeteDined on 7/12/2014Food was very good ; we went on Saturday night, so a little crowded, but moderate noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.