Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sorrentohouston.com/
- Phone: 7135270609x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See restaurant website for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have our wine room, fireplace room, atrium, and main dining room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sami Bates 7135270609x
- Entertainment: Piano
- Special Events: Check out our website to find details on our next Wine Dinner!
A word from Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Sorrento Ristorante is a complete Italian experience located on the lower Westheimer strip. At Sorrento, receive attentive service from their experienced, knowledgeable, and professional staff. They serve a sophisticated, creative and contemporary Italian menu along with an extensive wine list that ranges from the rolling vineyards of Tuscany to California. The atmosphere is completed by their live piano bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (95)special occasion (90)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (34)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (23)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Sweet SurpriseMsBuzzDined on 10/14/2014Wow! I passed by this place a hundred times but it never got my attention. I saw the reviews on Open Table and decided to give it a try. The décor was so tasteful and appropriate it almost felt like I was actually in Sorrento. The waiter had a wonderful Italian accent and was very charming. The food was an excellent value. I ordered from the lunch menu expecting to get miniscule portions of a meal but I was shocked at the size of my steak. It's bigger than some steaks offered for dinner at other places and was only $24 with a soup and dessert. The mini chocolate soufflé was to die for. I can't wait to go back for my mini vacation to Sorrento. Ignore the outside. The inside will take you to bella Italia.Special Features:
- We found our Italian restaurantDocTurkVIPDined on 10/11/2014Finally, we found our favorite Italian restaurant in Houston.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationthanksgivingDined on 10/11/2014Great Restsurant Our waiter, Alex, was excellent. Loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from start to finishTraceyDined on 10/4/2014We were taken to our table immediately upon arrival - put the 2 of us at a table for 4, which is always nice. Wine list was respectable - we're a little spoiled being from California. My husband had the filet, and noted that it was one of the best he has had (and we have been to some pretty notable restaurants, ie., Jules Verne, French Laundry). My veal was perfectly cooked. The waitstaff was attentive but not hovering. Only one suggestion - creme brulee was served cold/room temperature, so they should torch the sugar right before serving it instead of hours before. Lovely, lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner!ColormelDined on 10/3/2014This place was everything that I thought it would be. I enjoyed this birthday celebration. I would recommend starting of with making a reservation before going to this restaurant due to limited space. We start off by sampling on of their wines, then an appetizer (crab cake which is amazing), two soups (lobster bisque), main course (salmon special with crab risotto and red snapper with risotto). Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top of the GameSteboDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food and staff. No better piano bar in Houston. The owner makes everyone feel at home and at the end of the evening you are talking about when you are coming back.Special Features:
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Sorrento is our favorite Italian restaurant in Houston. When we are in the area, we always try and go for dinner. Food is spectacular; service is excellent, ambiance is beautiful. It is a lovely restaurant and makes any visit romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening and Great MealTomHDined on 9/19/2014I have been enjoying Sorrento's for many years now and this latest experience was as good as I have come to expect. The ambiance is charming and the food and service very much to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicegeauxnissaDined on 9/14/2014I come here often and I'm never disappointed. The food and the service are outstanding. A beautiful setting for brunch with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and funBrettwellDined on 9/8/2014The service and quality of food makes this an elegant dinner space each and every time. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- True gem of a restaurantFoodfanVIPDined on 9/8/2014Went here on a Monday for a business lunch with a total party of 6. We were first treated to a private room (wine selection was amazing, unfortunately not able to partake at lunch), which was the first surprise. We then were offered a chef's appetizer then burratta salad offering, which were very nicely put together and more "foodie" than traditional Italian. We ordered our main dishes, which were a mix of savory traditional Italian offerings including pasta dishes and seafood selections. I never write reviews, but I wanted to try and get more of the word out on this place as our experience was phenomenal, and recognizing it was Monday, I would have hoped there would have been more people there. Will now add to my regular repertoire!Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchdinnerdateDined on 9/7/2014We had a great brunch at the restaurant for a reasonable price. Good food excellent service from Salvador.. He waited on us and he was fantastic. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent! Our waiter on the other hand was trying to get the most of our money. When asked about a dish, he tried to offer the most expensive items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectdanishbDined on 9/6/2014Our appetizer experiment went well . We will definitely be returning to have a full meal. Theere were 2 flaws with the meal: the foie gras was mildly undercooked (barely noticeable), and the creme brulee was not quite set (still a but warm and definitely too runny to serve).Special Features:
- Loved itThatfoodguyDined on 8/31/2014We ha Chris as our waiter and he was extremely helpful and informative whenever we had a question. The food was fantastic as was the wine selection and the overall price for the meal was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmithjdDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful restaurant. The wait staff is so pleasant and helpful. Had brunch and Look forward to going for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceYellowdog762Dined on 8/30/2014Great ambiance, superb service and wonderful food. The bread tray is the only weakness. It looks great with a variety of types of bread, but they were all cold, and none had a taste that lived up to their visual appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Went here for restaurant week - the portions were generous and the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BalanceDilleauxDined on 8/29/2014Loved the food. Waiter had just right level of attentiveness. Beautiful restaurant, great ambience, perfect for the special evening.Special Features:
- Best resturant in Houstonlobos68VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife & I had the greatest pleasure of dining at Sorrento's last weekend. Everything was impeccable...valet, bar, host, seating, service, selection, cuisine, ambience, etc... We were treated with so much class that we stayed far longer than we anticipated. We loved it so much that we are going back for our anniversary. Full scale 5 star service from door to seating. The management & staff should be commended on such a great collective effort. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFactsDined on 8/29/2014We needed to eat lunch & return to work. A seamless service of excellent dishes. We enjoyed our meal, keep our schedule and have recommended it to others. I want to come for dinner & enjoy the piano. -Foodie FastsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being back in RomeAndieDined on 8/27/2014Ever since I visited Italy, Italian food here in the states has paled in comparison, but now I know that if I am craving authentic Italian food, all I have to do is go to Sorrento. My favorite part was the waiter actually asked us if my group and I wanted to have the typical fast paced American lunch or to have a lunch like the Italians do. The food was fantastic, the restaurant was beautiful, and the wine was exactly what I was looking for. I never give five stars unless the restaurant deserves it, and Sorrento Ristorante Italiano definitely deserves and earned my five star rating.Special Features:
- Great Date NightdatenightDined on 8/24/2014Great service at the restaurant. I ordered from the HRW 2014 menu and the food was average or a little above average. But everything else was great. Great water refills and tasty bread served. Great waiter who took pictures of us upon request. Very classy restaurant. Will probably go again.Special Features:
- Memories of AmalfiHappyDinerDined on 8/24/2014I love the ambiance of this restaurant. The murals of lemon trees and the Mediterranean remind me of a special time on Italy's Amalfi coast. I was only there for brunch, but was impressed by the selection, presentation of the food as well as the service. On my top 5 lists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeFreddytheCriticDined on 8/22/2014Good food and ambience. A little too focused on turning tables than the overall dining experience. Everything was good.Special Features:
- Always a perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/19/2014Sorrento never disappoints--from the fabulous bread basket with roasted garlic, olive oil and pesto to a luscious dessert accompanied by the perfect wine. Add to that a wide variety of delicious entrees and a "take-a-deep-breath" relaxing setting--you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodyDined on 8/17/2014Went for our anniversary. Best decision! From start to finish we were treated with exceptional service, perfect drinks, and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best in houston, txTonyMDined on 8/17/2014I treated my girlfriend to a romantic dinner to this restaurant and the food was very good. As well as the service. Im very picky when it comes to specific standards to occasions and this place done very well in meeting them. I come from a italian family in nyc and it was just like being at one of the top of the line restaurants there. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a romantic or quiet dinner or even a group gathering. I will be defently return to this place in the near future. Tks.. Tony M.Special Features:
- PopoDined on 8/15/2014We were surprised to be seated in the wine room which allowed us to talk and hear each other ( average age 76) The wait staff was there when you needed them outherwise they were out of sight the food was prepared and served very well.There was a piano player who played soft dinning music. Yes I will return and send others......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful choice for Houston Restaurant Weeks. The food was excellent - loved the anchovy bread!Special Features:
- staff issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The wait staff here doesn't seem to have it together at all. The place feels old and tired, and the food is just OK.Special Features:
- CelebrationDinnerOutDined on 8/10/2014Family of three to celebrate wife's birthday. Food, was excellent, service superior! Waiter was present but not omnipresent to attend to our needs. Piano music background was a nice touch, especially jazz rendition of many show toons. The presentation of chocolate truffles as an acknowledgement of BD was unique (candle in one with piano player accompanying with Happy Birthday tune) We will return ... often!Special Features:
- dingsterVIPDined on 8/10/2014Came for HRW. Carpaccio was ok, but both salads had amazing cheese. Bread is an incredible selection. Main courses were salmon, ravioli, and filet mignon. All were excellent! Desserts were satisfactory. Panna cotta had good texture, tiramisu was average, and gelato wasn't bad. Loved the ambiance--the decor, the piano playing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014They were short staffed and the food took an extremetly long time. We arrived at 1 and didnt get to desert until 3, I think thats too long of a wait but the staff that was there was very friendly and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Great choice and attentive service. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and Great MealSethVIPDined on 8/9/2014Another great meal at Sorrento. Trey and his staff were most accommodating, even though it was a very busy night. The truffled risotto appetizer is not to be missed. Their gnochi is also spectacular. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice night outveggieloverDined on 8/9/2014Booked through Open Table and they gave us a private room without us even requesting it. Lovely! Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant Week FoodrjenningsDined on 8/9/2014The food off the special menu was exceptional. The service was excellent. The wait of more than thirty minutes for a 7:30 pm reservation wasn't too bad although I did have to ask for an open table of five/six to be reset for my party of four which was done. The food and service more than made up for the delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Magical momentKandSDined on 8/9/2014From the bread tray that is served from knowledgeable staff once you are seated to the dessert that makes you smile at the end of dinner, Sorrento's is the perfect place for a bit of romance and great eating. If you like sophisticated dining and service with a neighborhood feeling this is the place for you. Not to mention the pianist playing very pleasant music that is perfect for this understated restaurant. Suzanne and Ken Weatherly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a quiet evening outBluekittyDined on 8/8/2014Had the tasting menu. The ravioli appetizer was very good. Salad ok but not special. Red snapper entree very good. All in all we enjoyed a quiet, relaxing evening out with good food and good service.Special Features: