23918 Hwy 59 North
Kingwood, TX 77339Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sorrentokingwood.com/
- Phone: 2813591111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: * Private Rooms Available.
* Custom Menus Available
* Special menus for dietary needs
- Private Party Contact: Phil Gibson 2813591111
A word from Sorrento Kingwood
Sorrento Ristorante is a complete Italian experience located on Westheimer and Kingwood. At Sorrento, receive attentive service from their experienced, knowledgeable, and professional staff. They serve a sophisticated, creative and contemporary Italian menu along with an extensive wine list that ranges from the rolling vineyards of Tuscany to California. The atmosphere is completed by their live piano bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sorrento Kingwood reviews from OpenTable diners
- Needlessly OverpricedCopyKatDined on 7/25/2013I must say that the food was good for the most part. I was annoyed by the split plate charges at a restaurant that costs this much. They wanted between 3.00 and 3.50 to split appetizer and salads. The appetizers were large, so if you wanted an appetizer, a salad, and a main dish, you would get too much food. The appetizers were prepared well, we had calamari and escargo. The salads were very small and the beet salad only had about 4 slices of beets. The veal chop was exceptional, and the pasta with clams was ok. Dessert was a tiny portion, where they did not charge extra to split. From my perspective D'Marcos costs about the same and the food is much better.Special Features:
- Terrible Terrible TerribleCharlieDined on 6/8/2013ordered champagne for Wife's Birthday...-- No champagne in the house tried to order 4 different wines.. 2 white, 2 reds.. they had none of the wines on the menu so they were 0 for 4.. we left plus the AC seemed to be not working it was warm in there.. should have known it was bad as prime time Friday night.. ony 3 tables had people.. TERRIBLE Place to go.. Never again
- The service personnel continueCyberdocVIPDined on 6/7/2013The service personnel continue to present the evening's specials without quoting a price. This is off-putting! Service person was obtrusive. I believe in excellent service, but too much inquiry is as dis-concerning as too little.Special Features:
- We had a party of six andnothappyDined on 5/12/2013We had a party of six and a bill of 500 dollars...and a waiter that was mia most of the two an half hours we were there. Will say the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2013We choose to celebrate Mother's Day at Sorrento for the second year. Our food was excellent as usual but it took a long time to get it. We were not in a hurry but the wait time between courses was way longer than needed or what is usual there. I know it was a busy day but it just took too long. The custom at Sorrento is to have two servers. One of ours was excellent and the other seemed unable to remember our simple requests. If you can be patient Sorrento is well worth the time and expense. If you went there on Mother's Day and had the same experience please give it a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much needed improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2013My wife and I have dined here several times since it opened. The only great food we have ever had at Sorrentos was their escargot. Now they've changed that to match the rest of their bland food and I won't be back. The owners have done a fairly decent job at furnishing the place, but based on their food and service, I honestly have to question whether or not they have ever been to a restaurant that is comparable in price. The food is bland and they want to charge Morton's price for a steak, when I could get a better steak in the same parking lot from Texas Roadhouse for half the price. Now to service. I am sure the servers mean well, but none of them are suitable for this type of restaurant. I think they just got fired from McDonalds
- I really want to like thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2013I really want to like this restaurant. Co-workers like it and keep scheduling dinners there. The food is good, but no where near worth the price. Also, for Ciapinno, they didn't bring out any pasta with the dish, after the diner specifically order the dish for the pasta. This place was empty again. The new management is still struggling. How much longer until this once proud restaurant goes under?
- Slow service for what didOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Slow service for what did not appear to be an overly busy night. Duck was excellent. Red snapper was good, but comes with shrimp (singular), not shrimp (plural)--a bit of a misrepresentation. Small portions for the price. For the value, it is probably a little bit cheaper to eat a better meal with better service at Chez Nous in Humble, Texas.Special Features:
- This was only our second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013This was only our second time here and we had a wonderful evening. It was not too crowded so we had excelllent service. The waiter and the barteneder were extremely attentive. It was an overall great evening.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the lamp...the duck,amt711Dined on 2/16/2013Enjoyed the lamp...the duck, not so much. They were busy, so service was not the best. However, the servers were extremely polite and apologetic. Bit over priced.Special Features:
- Very poor servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We dine at this restaurant couple time before on holiday occasions. It has been great service and food is delicious in the past but this time, the food & service is horrible. Very disappointed, will not go back to the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Lack of preparednessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013After we sat down we didn't receive any service, not even a glass of water for 35 minutes. The staff was sincere but overwhelmed due to the Valentines Day crowed. Our waiter continuously apologized for the poor service and lack of preparedness for the holiday dinner crowed. We ordered as quickly as we possibly could and still ended up taking our desert to go as we had been at the establishment for over 3 hours. Very disappointing experience and wouldn't recommend it.
- I hate that I have to putLaurynDDined on 2/14/2013I hate that I have to put a less than stellar score on our most recent visit. We had reservations on valentines day and it took a half hour to wait for our table and a good 45 minutes before receiving bread and a waiter introduction at our table. I don't think the chef was familiar with how to handle a crowded restaurant like there was on valentines day. We love eating there, so this experience doesn't sway our feelings by any means. We just took it as being able to spend more time together while we waited for our food. The waiter was very apologetic and tried to help all of his tables receive their food in a timely matter. The restaurant just had an issue with expediting and handling the volume on this particular night.Special Features:
- My date and I went there forDanielZVIPDined on 2/14/2013My date and I went there for Valentines Day Lunch and I understand why they were empty. A young man greeted us at the door wearing a t-shirt while chewing gum with sunglasses on his head. It took a while to be greeted at our table even though it seemed the entire staff was there moving furniture around. The man who did greet us was also wearing a t-shirt and chewing gum. This is the third time I have been there and I always get the same salad. This is the third different preparation I have seen for that salad. The food has been tasteless and unappealing each time with the highlight of the meal being the roasted garlic clove they brought out for us to enjoy with bread. It is a beautiful restaurant. It is a shame it is not run better.
- Ok experiencedmajtexasVIPDined on 2/13/2013For the price I didn't get that much food. They have an excellent wine list. Excellent service.Special Features:
- The server needed to explainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013The server needed to explain to us that they are thinking of going back to their original menu. So on each page there was at least 2 menu items that we couldn't order. Sorry for the temptation but..Also the sides weren't accurate with my husbands meal , and serving sizes weren't big at all compared to our other dining experiences.Special Features:
- The service was the poorestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013The service was the poorest I have ever had. After awhile, it became laughable. To a person, every order was received with "we're out of that". Then after ordering the wine, we had to ask again for it to be delivered. My husband's salad was never delivered, yet we were charged for it. The server delivering one of the entrees didn't know who it was for, nor what it was !! and was asking us. I could go on, but I think you get the point.
- This is an lovely find inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013This is an lovely find in a strip shopping center - quite unexpected. Would not have gone except for the recommendation of a friend. Alberto (sp?) was a wonderful waiter with a great personality and respect for his patrons! Will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- This is a very nice restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2013This is a very nice restaurant. It's location is a bit curious in a run-down freeway frontage road shopping center than appears to be failing. However, don't be put off by the location. Once inside the restaurant, you will see that is is very upscale with beautiful furnishing, and elegant design. They have a nice menu with a good selection. The wines are a bit over priced but that's typical of a high-end restaurant. Our food was well prepared and nicely presented. Service was on the slow side even though there were few customers present during our weekday luncheon.
- Father was duped into buyingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Father was duped into buying a 130 dollar bottle of wine...fool me once..won't happen again because we wont' be going back.Special Features:
- Overall a good dinner. However,MJMSBVIPDined on 12/24/2012Overall a good dinner. However, I requested several times that my pork chop not be overcooked. Guess what, It was overcooked. The meat was still tasty, but, on the well done side. If the chef feels so stronly about undercooked pork, then he needs to state that weel done is all they cook.Special Features:
- As a long time fan of theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/24/2012As a long time fan of the original Sorrento's I can't be more pleased that we have such an outstanding dining establishment in Kingwood. We have been there several times and it is always a great experience!Special Features:
- We dined there last year forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012We dined there last year for our anniversary shortly after they opened, and everything was great. The service, the food, drinks, atmosphere, all very well done. This year, service was very inexperienced and slow, but friendly. Our appetizer was not up-to-par and my husbsnd's drink was not as he ordered. My husband's first two choices for dinner were not available, and he did not enjoy the glaze poured atop the pork he decided upon. My scallops were very good, though. I truly hope this restaurant can become what it was when it first opened because I feel it can offer so much to our community.
- Go to carabba'skatebaby919Dined on 12/1/2012My husband and I were very disappointed with this spot. The escargot was boring, the asparagus soup was like greasy water with a hint of asparagus, and the chef had an overwhelming affinity for balsamIc vinegar. The scallops and Osso bucco were good, but we can get that elsewhere.Special Features:
- This was the second year inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012This was the second year in a row that my husband and I dined at Sorrento. We have really enjoyed it especially since I feel the Kingwood area is lacking in a CONSISTENTLY good adult place to eat. I really like the ambiance. My husband was frustrated that his Ceasar salad had tomatoes on it. He feels that a Ceasar salad should not have tomatoes. Our waiter was pleasant and seemed knowledgeable. The servers walking around seemed a little inexperienced though. We don't go to Sorrento very often because our finances do not allow for Sorrento prices very often. It is a nice cozy atmosphere and really enjoyed my rare evening out!Special Features:
- Mystified in KingwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2012We have been to this restaurant many times for business and pleasure and loved the unique selections of freshly baked bread and rolls along with everything else. This time we were really disappointed on a Thursday evening. The breads were not warm, fresh, or homemade. Rissoto prepared at the table in the brind(huge round of hard cheese)disappeared from the menu. After a long pause, our appetizer and salad were served. My salad, described on the menu as greens with orange, gorgonzola cheese and walnuts, came without the cheese and nuts - just greens with 4 slivers of orange. Our waitress apologized for the interminable time we waited for our entrees. Entrees were delicious as usual, and desserts were good too.
- Was one of our favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012Was one of our favorite restaurants Don't think we will be going back. The bread was stale. The Ciappino looked tike it used egg noodles and the shell fish in it seemed only marginally fresh. Could of had a better meal at Carraba's at 1/2 the price.
- Dissapointing food and so cold!ChrisinhoustonVIPDined on 10/20/2012Had had a nice lunch there back in July. When seated we noticed the annex dining area was extremely cold and when we told them the AC was on too cold they said they would look into it. It never warmed up at all. First wine choice was out of stock. First course came out, plating was great but both squid and stuffed mushrooms were not hot and served on cold plates, soup was hot. Waited 35 minutes for next course while the table next to us left in angrily as it was still so cold in our room and they did nothing to remedy it. Bread was stale and dry. Entrees while nice were also not hot. So windy the candles kept blowing out! New Chef needs to get it right or this place will be history.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable Friday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2012Another enjoyable Friday evening at Sorrento. The menu has been updated since our last visit, with some interesting new choices. The grilled salmon was a lighter choice than some of the other entrees (not as rich, and more simply prepared). Subtle overall changes were evident: the bread choices were different, there was not a dessert menu (although the waiter listed about 10 choices), and they were out of our first two wine choices.Special Features:
- As always, excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2012As always, excellent experience with the quality of food and wait staff.Special Features:
- We had to switch waiters halfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012We had to switch waiters half way thru dinner because the first waiter was so poor. However, our replacement was splendid!
- I like Sorrento's in KingwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2012I like Sorrento's in Kingwood very much. I use it for special business lunches and dinners when I'm in the Kingwood area.Special Features:
- Disappointed first timer!PiscesVIPDined on 8/31/2012It was our first time at Sorrento in Kingwood, it was worth to try it. When we were seated, the hostes sat us at a table for 6 which there was a lot of smaller tables available. We have to inform the servers it's just 2 adults and 1 baby. We requested for a sling for my son's seat but instead they gave us a high chair and baby carrier we have does not fit into the high chair even if you turn it upside down. We ended up resting his baby carrier on top of 2 chairs and uncomfortably keep watching to make sure he does not fall. While we were waiting for our food, my phone rang and the hostess was calling to find out if we were still coming, I informed her that we've been sitting there for like 25 minutes. Overall, I'm disappointed!
- This was our third time toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012This was our third time to eat at Sorentos and as before, it was great. It was our 30th wedding anniversary and we wanted somewhere where we could talk and enjoy our dinner. From the hostess to the person serving bread, the service was excellent. We had a great waitress! The piano player was exceptional. All in all, our anniversary day ended the way we wanted. Great restaurant, great food. Thank you!Special Features:
- Service was LOUSYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012Sorrento was not crowded the day I had lunch. I believe my server had TWO tables. He (failed to get his name, & he didn't introduce himself) rarely stopped by our table. When first seated, I told him I'd like to order a glass of wine, but he never brought wine list. It took him approx 30 minutes (not exaggerating) to take our lunch order. With only two tables he was servicing, & only two of us at ours, he couldn't remember who ordered what food. We waited 20 minutes for next course after server took empty plates away. When delivering the food, asked us if there was anything else we wanted when our water glasses were both empty for some time. What should have taken an hour, took 2 1/2 hours for LUNCH. Food was tasty once it finally arrived.Special Features:
- The restaurant is beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2012The restaurant is beautiful on the inside and the server was very knowledgeable and descriptive with the food- great service. The food was good, however my only complaint is that it took so long in between each course of dinner and the restaurant was not very busy. Nobody wants to be rushed at a fine dining establishment, but the meal took over two hours. My group was so bored in the end that we just wanted to get through the meal so we could leave.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner dateNatalieDined on 8/24/2012Delicious and very romantic. I love the piano playing. Great date spot.Special Features:
- Overrated. The food was okay,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2012Overrated. The food was okay, we went during resturant week and would not return for the full price menu. The staff was decent, had to corral our waiter to our table a couple times to get refills on our drinks and the check. Also difficult to find, the address online is incorrect and when you call they aren't very helpful.
- Fabulous Chef at SorrentokingwoodtexasDined on 8/18/2012Excellent experience with Sorrento on Saturday night. Offering an exceptional HRW menu. Service a little slow but nice and professional....they were very busy. Food was very good also.Special Features:
- Couldn't be happier!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012This is one of those places on the northeast side of town that you get service like you do in the downtown higher end restaurants. My wife and I heard about it from a friend. We go there for almost all out date nights an we couldn't be happier with the service. In fact we go there so much the staff welcomes us as if we are family. Wonderful place to dine and relax from the weekly challenges.Special Features: