10162 100 Street NW
Edmonton, AB t5j 0p5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sorrentinos.com/sorrentinos_downtown.html
- Phone: 7804247500x
- Hours of Operation:
Sorrentino's Downtown will be taking some time off to spend with their family and friends this summer. We will be CLOSED from July 13th - July 29th and re-open with regular business hours on Wednesday July 30th. br />Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Jeff Jackson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Cross Street: 100 Street
- Public Transit: Plenty of public transit stops all within short walking distances.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is plenty of street parking, public lot parking and an indoor parkade right across the street from Sorrentino's Downtown.
If staying at the Hotel MacDonald or the Westin (across the street) we are within walking distance.
Limited parking at rear of restaurant after 5:00 pm.
This beautiful location is an excellent venue for weddings, corporate functions, rehearsal dinners, or intimate gatherings . We offer a range of services to make your important event memorable.
Two private rooms, the Telus Room equipped with state of the art technology for hi-tech meetings and the Maurizio Room, complete with television, fireplace in an elegant Tuscan atmosphere...both perfect for what you have planned.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- Amazing food and specialTurtlegrlDined on 10/11/2014The food was amazing the textures and favors were so delicious. We were treated very well and enjoyed our private setting. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!HappyDined on 9/30/2014Never fails - fantastic food and a very high level of personal service that makes us feel right at home (except the food is better!). Can't wait until next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't match the hype ...JangstersDined on 9/20/2014Food quality was mediocre, waitress has minimal knowledge of food and wine (trying to win us over with her charm), pushy GM with expensive wine offers. The food, which is the backbone of any restaurants, was truly disappointing. They should change the management and the chef.Special Features:
- staff issuesPeterDined on 9/16/2014a nice traditional style restaurants but main dining room was close to kitchen. Meal was interrupted by shoutings from chef workers inside kitchen. These shoutings could be from chef workers to servers. We were startled at times by these shoutings. Management perhaps should be aware of these happenings. Food was adequate but one salad prep could be improved and was returned for an exchange. Wine list was good and servers were polite.Special Features:
- Reliable Good MealsustainabledinerDined on 9/9/2014I have been to Sorrentino's many times and it is always a wonderful meal. I love the ambiance. The chef goes the extra mile to make sure the food is exquisite. Very flavourful and lovely presentation. The wine list is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGcmulliganDined on 8/30/2014We picked this place on a whim, for a girls weekend supper. It was warm inviting and the food was out of this world! Our server was amazing and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!YEG1Dined on 8/29/2014Thank you for your great service! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAmandaLynnMccDined on 8/21/2014My boyfriend and I went to Sorrentino's for the first time on our anniversary. We went on a Thursday night around 6:30 and the restaurant did not seem busy; however, service was slow in regard to receiving our meals and our dessert. The host was very friendly, as was our waiter. Service from our waiter was excellent, food was good but a tad overpriced, and the drinks were delicious. Despite the long wait for food, I would dine here again due to the fact that their menu changes with the season.Special Features:
- ArcticRedDined on 8/14/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner. Food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto bene!GracieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Fabulous service & food! My family and I enjoyed our experience and will be back VERY SOON! CIAO!Special Features:
- ladybug6800Dined on 6/27/2014really enjoyed the service. a treat to dine out in an atmosphere of elegance and refinement. it was later and not super busy so we were relaxed and could chat. food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy but not pretentiousTigerhouseTeamVIPDined on 6/27/2014As always, an elegant place to dine with fine furnishings and decore. Food is expertly prepared and tasty. Large portions so on this night we skipped dessert. Try the lobster cannelloni - yummy. Dinner for two with a bottle of (averaged priced) wine, tip & tax approx. $130.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 358 reviews are from the Sorrentino's Downtown reviews archive.
- One of my favorites in Edmonton!CathyDined on 6/21/2014We had a fantastic experience! Our server, Tara, was attentive and congenial. From the first course of bruschetta for everyone to the salads to the main courses to dessert, every bite was delicious. There were great choices for the vegetarians among us, too. I would highly recommend the lemon oil cake for dessert - bursting with flavour! Thanks for an awesome evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamt about the cannelloni...LovinfoodDined on 6/6/2014Even though I haven't been in years they still have some of the same classic items on their menu like the cannelloni. The downtown location makes it with bison and the sauce is AMAZING!!! Pair it with bruschetta, Caesar salad and dessert and you have a meal you will dream about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorrentino's makes you feel at homeLulu123VIPDined on 6/5/2014Sorrentino's Downtown is one of my favorite restaurants. I brought my Mom in for her birthday and Christine and the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome--and my mom feel special. I have a hard time straying from eating anything but their unique spaghetti carbonara because it is so delicious but the tomato/mozzarella/basil panini that my Mom had may tempt me the next time I visit.Special Features:
- Really GreatdrvonnostrandDined on 6/4/2014I loved that this traditional Italian restaurant had a really progressive menu. It had some delicious, unique offerings PLUS if you're a vegetarian, gluten-free or vegan individual, there are options for you too. I am not from Edmonton but I will go back the next time I am in town for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dining experienceRogerDined on 5/29/2014All Sorrentino restaurants and eateries are excellent. Sorrentino's Downtown continues to be the best of the lot, in every respect exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experiencepiqpstVIPDined on 5/26/2014Overall the food was good and the service was excellent. They offer a simple yet exciting menu with a good choice of what you would expect from an Italian restaurant. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChowdaddyDined on 5/24/2014Sorrentino's delicious menu and superb service make it our family's favorite restaurant for special occasions. Thank you for helping to make our youngest son's graduation celebration so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DatenightDined on 5/24/2014Michael and the staff did a great job in service & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre SupperCoolLeoDined on 5/24/2014Supper for four before taking in a play was a great success. The food was excellent, as was the service. Our server knew her wine list, made sure she understood out time requirements, and everything unfolded in an efficient but unhurried manner. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinghappyDined on 5/23/2014the food and service is always outstanding. we will return and return and return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbJimHDined on 5/15/2014We have been here before the Theatre at least a dozen times over the last 3 years. We have never been disappointed with the food or the service. The culture at Sorrentio's seems to be: Serve great food and do it with well trained intelligent staff. What more could you want!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty.YumyumDined on 5/15/2014Food was great. Service was good. Staff knew we were seeing a show across the street and made sure we stayed on time. Service would have been 4* except they had a habit of overasking if everything was ok and thereby interrupting our conversation. Love Sorrentinos and would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Consistent excellence!Lulu123VIPDined on 5/13/2014Sorrentino's Downtown is one of my favorite lunch spots. The staff are friendly and very attentive and the food is always delicious and quick. When I've come for dinner, it is just as good. I can't get enough of their unique Spaghetti Carbonara.Special Features:
- Mixed bag with great finishlenoreoDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I took my Mother here for Mother's Day supper. Our server was outstanding -- so friendly, funny, and attentive. My Mom and I both tried the crab salad and were disappointed....partially b/c perhaps we don't enjoy cold crab as much as hot? And it just didn't have a lot of flavour. But the main dishes were amazing. And we sampled some of my husband's dessert which was also incredible. So all in all a good experience, with just one low point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchdine15VIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was excellent and we love dining there but this time our waitress rushed us through the dinner. We hadn't finished our wine when the desert showed up right after the plates from dinner were taken awaySpecial Features:
- Yum!Red14Dined on 5/11/2014Reserved a table for Mother's Day. The food was amazing, Sorrentino's definitely knows how to make the best of a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food and service was excellent, although we had an early reservation their specials (complementary drink) was not offered till our dessert course. Other than that would of been five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devine mealsMainEventDined on 5/10/2014The salmon was outstanding - medium rare with a dark crust. The disappointment with the meal was the asparagus served with it. They were very thick and had not been snapped. As a result I could only eat the very tips. The grape tomato & olive salad served alongside was great. We shared a Caesar salad that was well balanced with lemon, garlic and anchovy flavours. My companion's meal was the rib-eye. The steak was perfectly cooked but there was a bit of gristle and part of the steak was not as tender as it should have been. Seasonings were great on both meals. Our server was Kasha and she was particularly wonderful - always close when we needed her but not hovering. Her wine recommendation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food service with passionSatedDined on 5/3/2014Most restaurants are only interested in taking your money. Service and food quality are secondary in their scope. Sorrentino's Downtown is different. The passion they have for serving gourmet food is evident from the top down. From the time you enter the restaurant until the time you leave you're made to feel like you're a VIP. Service is king and everything that follows is perfection. They know their business and it's obvious they care about your experience. But be warned this type of class isn't cheap but in my opinion you do get what you pay for. A truly elegant dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment.MattVIPDined on 4/30/2014Food was mediocre at best; I've been to garlic fest three times at the Calgary Trail location and been satisfied each time, but this time there was almost no garlic (despite ordering +3), and many of the dishes were a bit bland. In fact, they forgot to add the garlic into the soup, and apologized when I brought it up, but did not take it off the bill, which is something that I would expect from any half-decent restaurant. Even ignoring that, service was atrocious; it's no exaggeration to say that I've truly never had such a pushy server in my life (kept trying to get us to order wine, more appetizers, desserts, etc...). And I don't mean mentioned it, I really mean pushed. I will definitely never be back.
- Outstanding choice in EdmontonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Had a business dinner for 6 at Sorrentino's. The large round table was the perfect format for this type of dinner. The menu was creative (garlic festival) and very fun. Our waiter was knowledgable and solicitous without being instrusive. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinner!MeghanDined on 4/25/2014Came here for my mom's 60th birthday and really enjoyed our time. Service was fantastic from the start to finish. Pasta was super tasty and my mom enjoyed her salmon. Prices are a little on the high side but we would come again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great nightSpringGardenDined on 4/17/2014We recently ate here before Seeing Mary Poppins at citadel with our 5 & 8 year old kids. We dressed up the kids and told them this was a fancy night for our family. The staff were lovely with them and the kids were well behaved.Our food and service were excellent and we all had a great night. I would come back without kids too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!MontyDined on 4/15/2014I love that Christine, Michael and the staff remember me and my guests and create a great rapport with every visit. The current garlic festival offerings are innovative and exceptional, and the wine is always good! A favourite "go-to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relax42Dined on 4/14/2014Great food and excellent service. would recommend for special occasions and group functions. staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dinebrunchdine15VIPDined on 4/12/2014Always a pleasure to dine here. Great food/service and ambianceSpecial Features:
- Citadel Night OutcyberteachDined on 4/9/2014Been here before, usually for an early supper before seeing a play Food and service is usually very good with the odd drop down to good and the occasional rise to outstanding. This meal was one of the latter where everything was excellent. The 4 stars out of 5 I've given for food and service is actually too low - should be 4.5. My wife and I shared the Quinoa salad. We've never had it before and this salad has convinced us to explore quinoa further. My wife had the Tagliatelle (with chicken) which she has had before and as usual it was very good bordering on outstanding. I had the Veal Piccata Al Limone which I've not had before and it was outstanding. Veal was perfect and wonderfully served by the tartness of the lemon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan VibespukspukVIPDined on 4/5/2014This room is just missing the "Rat Pack". Digging the subtle ambience, and decore, and the food moves hand in hand. Great location across from the Westin Hotel, and several other clubs for drinking afterwards. I like this restaurant for its attentive staff, and as a great starting point for a night out. Bravo Sorrentinos..!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.