84 Yorkville Ave.
Toronto, ON M5R 1B9Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sorrelrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4169261010
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Faro Chiniforoush
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Sorrel Restaurant
Yorkville's dining scene just moved up a notch..sophisticated, charming & like no other..opening in August.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sorrel Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great French/Italian Food!TorontoResidentDined on 1/18/2014My wife and I went on a Saturday night - it was fairly full, but still no problem to get a table. The menu is mostly French and Italian/Mediterranean options - and done in a fairly traditional style, and that is a GREAT thing. We had Fig/Prosciutto/Goat Cheese and Grilled Calamari for starters (both were delicious). For entrees we had a pasta dish (Spaghettini with kobe beef and berkshire pork bolognese) and a Veal Chop special. The Veal Chop was the BEST I've ever had. It was huge, but cooked perfectly. The sides were simple (mashed potatoes and green beans), but done well. We split Bread Pudding w/ Caramel Sauce for dessert - also delicious, but we probably didn't appreciate it as much after the very filling appetizers and entrees.Special Features:
- Food is very good. ServicelelievreDined on 1/14/2014Food is very good. Service snobby and not very friendly.Specialy after been there for 8 times in 4 months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!kit40Dined on 1/4/2014We really enjoyed the evening. Although the restaurant is on a lower level, we had a good view of all the light displays across the street. The service was very good, of course being a Parisian it comes naturally. We enjoyed the special soup, a Lobster Bisque, the salad was fresh, the entre.s were good; I really enjoyed my deboned Striped Bass. The cheese selection as acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in YorkvilleSkerurDined on 12/31/2013We booked this for New Year's Eve 2013. It was wonderful. There was a jazz singer (Erol Fisher) and a two-piece back-up band. They were great. Food was 4-course fixed menu with lots of choice. Exquisite food. Even though it was busy, service was exceptionally friendly and prompt. Close to midnight they brought out the party favours and champagne. The owner and staff all got in on the festivities and toasted us all. Thanks Sorrell. We will definitely be back (several times I suspect).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseSimonDined on 12/31/2013I reserved dinner for three for new year's eve on-line, never having heard anything about the restaurant. All three of us had incredibly good meals and the service, especially given this was early seating with a later one to come was very good and while the food was delivered quickly, we did not feel in any way rushed. My only comment would be that the wine list, while quite extensive, is just a little on the high side (the cheapest bottle of French red wine--Chateau Gourgazaud, a Minervois--was $45. Even so, dinner for three with wine on new year's eve, tax and tip came to just over $300, so I'm not really complaining. Definitely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the perfect nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013I went there to propose to my girlfriend. Everything went out just as great as I imagined, friedly service, excellent food, lots of wine to choose from price wise is not as expensive as I thought, actually it was pretty affordable for the overall fancy setup.Overall experience I would give a 10/10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about food, not decor!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Sorrel is an outstanding restaurant which, for once in Yorkville, places emphasis on the food and the quality of it as opposed to having diamond-studded carpeting. Unlike other restaurants in the area, it's priced right and their specials of the day were fantastic. For appetizers we had a perfectly-done Bison carpaccio salad topped off with pine nuts. This restaurant's real test was when the $36 special Lamb shank arrived. Perfectly braised and served with kale and mashed potatoes, it's easy to say this place passed. For dessert we each enjoyed the chocolate torte and ganache - one of the best desserts I've had in Yorkville! Overall, the atmosphere is cozy and comfortable. It proves that restaurants are about food first, decor second!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealcornishguyDined on 12/19/2013Sorrel is tucked away on Yorkville Ave but deserves more notice. The food is excellent, well prepared and the service is attentive but not obtrusiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFrecklesDined on 12/13/2013The prix fixe lunch menu is fabulous. Great food at a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis amid "le noise"Rapman58VIPDined on 12/7/2013This is one of those rare understated restaurants that is both elegant and cool. Updated French fare in a very intimate setting. Knowledgeable, efficient unobtrusive staff, who serve with charm and grace...like going into space capsule to 1980, but with au currant food. Bravo... When you want to escape the latest "cool" venue, this is one of the few places around I've been to in recent memory that can do that without feeling stuffy and past its due date. Great date spot in the center of Yorkville too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good bet in YorkvilleMontrealerMVIPDined on 12/7/2013Starters were beet salads, bison carpaccio, grilled octopus. Mains were lamb sirloin, scallops and lamb shank. Mains range from 24-34$. Appetisers about 12-16$. Not inexpensive; but all excellent. Wine list a bit upscale, but we did have a nice red from Cahors which was more moderately priced. Service was knowledgeable and helpful. We didn't stay for desert because we went to another location, but they also looked nice. Would recommend it for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotentialReturn2TODined on 11/2/2013We enjoyed the evening. We had an early reservation and as such it was very quiet. Went to a show after. Also, there was some issue going on out in the street with fire trucks etc. So given all this, the potential was there for an even nicer evening. Love Yorkdale and this was a pretty restaurant with good food.Special Features:
- Mixed experience, generally goodsenordougDined on 10/19/2013Four of us ate dinner about mid Oct, so inside. Started about 6:30 pm. Lots of space then but got very full and noisier later on. Decor nothing special but acceptable. Service attentive and responsive. One of us ordered our beef medium well done but it arrived medium rare. Probably not ordered that way very often and no emphasis was given with the request, so the miss understandable. Two appetizers and four dinners all well presented and delicious, with only one exception. The small curled french fries were close to inedible. More leathery than crisp. No flavour. Meal cost consistent with the Yorkville area. Cost about $300 total for the meals with one bottle of lower cost wine. Avoid the fries and you'll be fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectoDCinTODined on 9/30/2013Calamari and Chillean Sea Bass are the best I've ever tasted across many dining experiences elsewhere. Kudos to Sorrel Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meeting PlacehelperwomanDined on 9/21/2013First time customers. We were from out of town. Had an early dinner gathering with a large group. Beat the late dinner crowd and had a chance to visit without worrying about disturbing other diners. The food was truly amazing and the service was great! Will probably try this restaurant on a jazz entertainment evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood gem!loveOBDined on 9/14/2013Had lunch here before & was very impressed so I returned for a simple dinner this past wknd, celebrating our 35th wedding anniv. w/ our children. We were glad babies were"welcomed" as we have a new grandson and cannot leave him with anyone (the whole family were together that night) but they welcomed the baby when I called to inq' & another family came in w/ a younger baby too. Food was divine! I had the mushroom pasta, loved the different pasta they used (not the regular fettuccine) it was delicious! My husband had seafood pasta, he was very pleased. Yummy Tiramisu for desserts & coffee was so lovely!! Serv was outstanding! artsy setting (real arts on the wall altho not keen on the "subjects") but they chg the arts around now & then...Special Features:
- Good food, over priced wineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2013We enjoyed the evening and dining experience, but found the wine to be very over priced. $65 for a bottle that costs under $20 is just too much of a mark up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a second meal?SparkyVIPDined on 8/27/2013The portion is small, therefore if you are a big eater, it is not enough.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tables were set to closeMontgomeryDined on 8/23/2013The tables were set to close to the entertainment thus moving in and out very awkward. Overall, good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for a birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2013Went for a birthday dinner. Very accommodating staff. Great food! Really good bartender. We all said we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!GeCk0Dined on 8/18/2013Delicious brunch options with a nice street-side patio to relax in. Well worth a visit. Lobster Eggs Benedict was amazing. The Ceviche was also well worth the visit alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!FrecklesDined on 8/17/2013The food was very good, except for the desserts. The only "less than stellar" comment that I would make would be that the creme brulee was not as good as it was during Summerlicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2013The food was mediocre considering the price. I was always led to believe that good fish should not smell fishy! And the veggies...soggy and brown! But the piece de resistance was the $7.00 charge for the cup of regular coffee and a refill. I will not return not nor will I recommend it!
- The restaurant was cozy andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2013The restaurant was cozy and intimate, but a bit too noisy. Not a spot if you want to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2013Went here for summerlicious with a group of 8 coworkers. Food was great, service attentive, price was right. The only downside was once the resturant filled up it got a bit noisy. Loved it here and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Definitely recommend!ClefairyDined on 7/17/2013Nice ambience and location, attentive and courteous staff, and some great food! Every dish we ordered was good, but the cornish hen, chilled beet soup, and creme brulee really stood out. We went for Summerlicious, but the prices on the regular menu are not exorbitant for a Yorkville place, and they have a prix fixe lunch year-round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2013Enjoyed lunch at this restaurant this week. Summerlicious attracted us to try out this little restaurant. The food was delicious and service was efficient. Shopping in Yorkville? Stop for lunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious findHoneyDined on 7/13/2013I walk past this place all the time. Made reservations for Summerlicious and had to look for the place. Happy to have found this place. I will be back. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner/SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013The food was amazing! Although the staff made sure that we were attended to, the staff was good - nothing spectacular about them; pleasant but just okay.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceDivineDineDined on 7/13/2013This restaurant was small but cute. Nice ambience and absolutely delicious food but very poor service. We thought they were understaffed but we waited until past our first course for our wine to show up (only after we reminded them) and waited over half an hour for our bill. We spent almost 2.5 hours there and we were frustrated. Food was great-service was poor. I wouldn't go back.
- a gem in Yorkville!loveOBDined on 7/12/2013I passed by this restaurant many times but never paid attn until now, and what a nice surprise! there is a small patio in the front but a few steps below is a wonderfully set up for a modern, bright yet cozy (imagine, winter nights); Love some of the art on the wall! menu is great & choices for Summerlicious are fantastic! The main course of fish/hen wrapped in prosciutto & desserts (all outstandingly good) the only 2 small flaws are the green salad..(just greens! nothing else!!) and no refills for coffee (!) The nice decor, basement feel & smaller size of the place remind me of Europe, it is a wonderful gem in fashionable YV!Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise!eatingzenVIPDined on 7/11/2013Must have strolled by this unassuming walk down resto in Yorkville hundreds of times. It was a wonderful surprise. The staff is extremely professional and lunch was terrific! The pasta was great!Special Features:
- Great jazz good foodIskieDined on 7/6/2013A great summerlicious lunch. Great jazz with good food. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- AmazingArmandoDined on 6/21/2013Amazing experience at Sorrel. I'll definitely go back. The food was delicious and service was the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good and reliableBarcsDined on 6/5/2013Always a good and reliable dining experience. Friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not open upon my arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013We had a 11:00am brunch rez and showed up at 10:55am and was told they were not ready to service us until 11:30, why post on your website you open at 11:00am on Saturday for a brunch seating, so my wife and I went across the street to Morroco which we enjoyed very much.
- Excellent, as usual. VeryDefneVIPDined on 4/18/2013Excellent, as usual. Very good food, excellent, attentive and friendly service. Thanks.Special Features:
- A great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013We found the Sorrel an excellent choice for Sunday brunch. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The brunch selection from the menu totalled about 15 items and varied from egg dishes, salads and pasta. Each of us selected a different dish and all of us commented on how good the food was. Excellent coffee. The prices for Yorkville were very moderate. I would recommend this little "gem" to anyone.Special Features:
- I took my boyfriend to SorrelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I took my boyfriend to Sorrel for his Birthday. We couldn't get into the restaurant that I had first chosen so Sorrel was a last minute decision but definitely a good one. The tables were candle lit and the room had a warm and romantic feel. The choice of appetizers was impressive and hard to make a decision. He had the Grilled Calamari and I had the Bison Carpaccio which was amazing. For our main course I chose the linguini with clams which was good, not the best I have had but the pasta was very nice. He had the Hanger Steak which was cooked to perfection. The wine was great and after telling our waiter that we were celebrating a Birthday he brought out a delicious Crème Caramel with a candle. Perfect end to a perfect night.Special Features:
- I've never heard of this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013I've never heard of this place before and was very pleasantly surprised. Its cozy, the food was delicious and the service, outstanding!Special Features: