One Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sorellinaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174124600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Steven Morlino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Dartmouth
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available from the Blagden Street entrance to Sorellina (next to Boston's public library). The public parking garages are a short stroll away. You can park at the Prudential garage on Exeter Street; the Copley place garage on Huntington and the Dartmouth Street garage. Street parking is an option.
A word from Sorellina
Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sorellina - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Sorellina reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (237)romantic (200)fit for foodies (172)notable wine list (129)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (48)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (12)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Celebrating Mom's birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was perfect for my mother's birthday. The price was extremely reasonable for Dine Out Boston, too. Our experience was amazing, especially for such an incredible value!Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 8/26/2014The dessert is not good, but the bread is awesome!
- Great MealJmackDined on 8/24/2014We ended up ordering from the Restaurant Week menu as it offered terrific choices and value. For appetizers, we ordered the buccatini pasta and the salmon tartare which were both delicious. For entrees, we both had the ribeye which was incredible. The desserts were also delicious and we ordered the Barbera wine which was suggested to pair with the Restaurant Week meals. The room is beautiful and fortunately, on a Sunday night, most of the tables nearby were empty during most of our dinner which made it very private. All in all, although not inexpensive, a great value for a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous mealDME1Dined on 8/24/2014From start to finish, a wonderful experience. Food was superb, service was top-notch (including a nice nod to our wedding anniversary on the desert plates) and the atmosphere was just right. Look forward to eating there again when in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Total Package!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014What a lovely dining experience! Sorellina combines an elegant dining room, the highest quality ingredients and cooking, knowledgable and pleasant service, gorgeously plated food, with reasonable valet parking just outside the door. I am still swooning over my dessert. We enjoyed it thoroughly and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FanWiltonFanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love Sorelina. Come to Boston twice a year and it is not missed when we are in town. Food is excellent excellent. Service is cordial and not over the top. Had a "bad table" right next to the kitchen door which was quite busy on Saturday night - shame on us for taking it. The wine list is terrific and very reasonably priced - some hidden gems! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of elegancefoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have been here many times, though we tend to save it for special occasions, this last time our anniversary. This last time I had a veal saltimbocca which featured a thick, juicy tender veal done to perfection at a medium rare, possibly the best and certainly the most unique I've ever had. The wait person was helpful, attentive and friendly. I also love the decor in black and white, modern clean lines. This is in my top five restaurants in the Boston area.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014There is not much to say other than it was an all around winner. The staff is fantastic and the food was superb. We'll be going back soon.Special Features:
- daverkptDined on 8/22/2014Awash in pleasure for all the senses. The visual eaceful the atmosphere began the journey of tastes, aromas, peaceful sound level, and tactile experiences for the tongue and mouth. Great staff and excellent food topped an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014We went during Boston Dine out week and the steak was delicious! FYI, it is a very generous portion. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- superb dining as alwaysRuthieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Flawless service and food. Highly recommend anytime even restaurant week. Very consistent. Great wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappoints - service excelsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Visited during restaurant week. Filet mignon and chicken entree's were disappointingly on the dry side. Beautiful presentation. Great service staff.Special Features:
- Romantic date well planned!ShwetaVIPDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I had booked it few other times and couldn't go for some reasons. We finally went during the dine out weekday and tried price fixed menu for 3 course dinner meal. Ambiance was perfect for a date night. Dim lights, dressed up gentry, notable wine list, vibrant yet not loud..My husband said he's had better fettuccine and honestly even I have had better salmon but somehow it didn't matter too much since our appetizers and desserts and just the whole place, our waitress and dine out deal made up for that.Special Features:
- foodie1025VIPDined on 8/20/2014Went for Dine Out Week and dinner and service were both great . Not one issue.Special Features:
- A most enjoyable experiencenickVIPDined on 8/19/2014We tried Sorellina during restaurant week and enjoyed it tremendously. The service was top notch, the food excellent and the cadre attractive. We would definitely return to sample the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 8/18/2014Sorellina is a beautiful restaurant that has great service and food! We went during "dine out Boston" so the special menu was limited. The regular menu was available, but we chose to order from the restaurant week menu. Our appetizers were salmon tartare and a caprese salad. We both ordered the rib eye steak with gorgonzola cheese. It was flavorful and delicious. We got eggplant rolattini and broccoli rabe as sides. We did not choose to try the desserts. We offered our desserts to a young couple instead. We highly recommend this restaurant! Our server Mark was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Went here for restaurant week and the food was definitely delicious. Server was professional and on point. Also a great selection of wine.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014It was my mom birthday. I called the restaurant in advance and when she ordered her dessert they put a candle and her name. Super noce detail and well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing....FenwaytravelerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I got one word for the whole dining experience...Amazing!!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantGreatTasteDined on 8/17/2014No question, it is one of the best restaurants in Boston, no need to elaborate, just go and try it.Special Features:
- My wife's favorite restaurantLouisDined on 8/17/2014We go here for all our special occasions and restaurant weekSpecial Features:
- Beautiful Venue. Amazing Staff/FoodgfuzzDined on 8/16/2014It was the first time eating there for us, and it Sorellina exceeded every expectation. From the interior design, to the service and food. If you want to try something different, and absolutely amazing, go to Sorellina and try the grilled octopus with squid ink couscous. One of the best dishes I've ever had. Its actually made it to my top ten all time amazing eats. We also had mushrooms and trouffle pasta that was superb.Special Features:
- Another excellent mealMAMikeDined on 8/16/2014Our table was waiting for us and we arrived about 30 minutes before our reservation - excellent service - attentive staff - superb food and wine all wrapped up in an inviting setting - it's always a good experience - does not dissapoint - but it ain't cheap!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfood816Dined on 8/16/2014Food was fantastic, waiter forgot part of our meal and was very sterile and humorless. Treated us like he was doing us a favor, not engaging at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVOLOSO!!!luv2eatVIPDined on 8/16/2014We dined at Sorellina last Saturday and loved every minute of our experience. The dining room is gorgeous, comfortable and relaxing. The food is exceptional. The beet salad appetizer and the appetizer portion of the maccheroncelli were delicious. The saltimbocca was the best ever. The wine list was impressive and our waitress guided us well regarding our choices of wines. Dessert choices were all very tempting. However, we were too full to indulge. Our cappuccinos were delicious and so frothy on top. We have already recommended Sorellina and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerbmurrayDined on 8/15/2014We ordered the tuna, beet salad, veal saltimbocca, halibut, and broccoli rabe. Every bite was perfect - highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PerfectDined on 8/15/2014The whole experience was perfect. Our server paid attention to every detail. The wine selection was great. It was my wife's birthday and the server stopped me on way out of men's room to confirm the spelling of her name. We have eaten at most of the top restaurants in the city and this was the best overall experience we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreataescobarDined on 8/14/2014Really good, good service, nice wine list and a great placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Tremendous dinner and service. One of my favorite Boston restaurants.Special Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT DINNER AT SORELLINAkcuebeleinVIPDined on 8/13/2014Sorellina delivers inventive, delicious and technically polished Italian cuisine, in a very stylish setting. One of our go-to venues for a special night out in BostonSpecial Features:
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerBOSMANDined on 8/12/2014We celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary with a memorable dinner at our favorite restaurant in Boston. The ambiance is perfect. The food has no peers. The service level is superb. As far as food is I had the Veal Saltimbocca. The presentation was a picture and the favor was great. The cocktails we had were fantastic. The service at the table was like a dance. It was like a well-oiled team. The restaurant is very unique' because it is very sexy with the colors of the restaurant, yet very warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was much better beforenervinVIPDined on 8/12/2014We came back after a good dinner we had few month ago. Wasn't the same, big frailer.Special Features:
- Fantastic Special Occasion MealshanocDined on 8/11/2014We went to Sorellina to celebrate our anniversary. We live right down the street and had never been, we've been missing out! Our reservation was a 6:30pm on a Monday and there were only a few tables there when we first arrived, and from the looks of it mostly corporate card diners. But, by 7pm the restaurant was pretty busy. Our server, Mark, was fantastic. Very attentive, very knowledgeable, and great recommendations. The food is absolutely fantastic and the wine list is great, lots of options at a variety of price points. The entree portions are the perfect size, not too big. The pasta dishes are large and pretty hearty - a good option is to get the appetizer size and split.Special Features:
- Stylish quality diningDutchdishDined on 8/10/2014Had a very nice experience at Sorrelina. The atmosphere was stylish with friendly and attentative personel. The menu as well as the winelist were promising and the quality of the food did not fail to rise to the expectation. On the contrary, the dishes were innovatively prepared and surpising in terms of taste sensations.Special Features:
- ServerNaplesDined on 8/10/2014Mark, did a outstanding job explaining the menu and the wine choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Went with a group of five and was thrilled to learn that we could actually hold a conversation through dinner. Food was very good, and service and ambiance was excellent.Special Features:
- Just AmazingseekUniqueDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. Every dish - appetizers, mains, desserts - was memorable. At great restaurants, one or two dishes usually stand out above what can be found elsewhere. Sorellina was consistent excellence for refined palates, from beginning to end. When the staff heard that it was our anniversary, they wrote "Happy Anniversary" along the rim of the desert plate in chocolate drizzle. The manager came by to make sure we were having a great time. They offer a wide selection of half-bottles. We weren't looking to drink a whole bottle of wine or champagne, but a half-bottle gave us the freshness and quantity we needed. The full bar was hopping with well-dressed people, and the cocktails were tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An almost perfect dinnerDeeJDined on 8/5/2014Four out of the five dishes we order (the romaine salad, the arugula salad, the fettuccine with wild mushrooms, and the polenta) were stellar. But the side of broccoli rabe was so over-salted that we couldn't eat it. And the waiter, while congenial and professional never bothered to ask how our dishes were. As none of the other dishes were too salty, I'm hopeful that this was just a one-off and not a consistent problem. The atmosphere was quite pleasant, and I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Truffle butter - need I say more?GourmetKateDined on 8/5/2014An elegant and exquisite restaurant, but not stuffy. I had fettuccine with exotic mushrooms and truffle butter, with generous amounts of both - to die for. A bit rich, so you may want to share it. Their meatballs are made with kobe beef and served on maccheroncini with red wine reduction sauce - not tomato sauce. I love burrata; theirs was dreamy, with toy box heirloom tomatoes. They even took the trouble to peel them. Dessert was Limone, a "fallen" key lime mousse with a little whipped mascarpone and blackberries. And although I did nothing to advertise the fact that my friend and guest was having a birthday, they overheard it and proactively wrote Happy Birthday in a lovely chocolate script on the dessert plate. Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juanete44Dined on 8/3/2014The restaurant had an interesting menu with great food, and service. The reviews prior to eating here were honest in deciding to dine at Sorellina, and have an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.