One Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sorellinaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174124600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Steven Morlino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Dartmouth
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available from the Blagden Street entrance to Sorellina (next to Boston's public library). The public parking garages are a short stroll away. You can park at the Prudential garage on Exeter Street; the Copley place garage on Huntington and the Dartmouth Street garage. Street parking is an option.
A word from Sorellina
Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sorellina - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Sorellina reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (256)romantic (220)fit for foodies (188)notable wine list (150)neighborhood gem (65)hot spot (57)good for groups (50)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (12)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014I always enjoy Sorallinas. Excellent meal; great atmosphere; superb service! For any occasion I always recommend Sorellinas in my top three restaurants as the first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best part of the night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband is a foodie and taking him to dinner is always less than satisfying. I took a chance on this restaurant and was hardly disappointed and very elated by his response. He had the gnocchi with braised short rib and he devoured it in almost one bite. He loved the food-I loved the ambience! Great nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine list is 10 pages!!JwalinDined on 10/18/2014I am amazed by the wines available at this restaurant. Amazing food and ambiance. I reached 10 mins before our reservation and I did not have to wait for my table. The Secondi is a bit on the costlier side but other food items are affordable. This restaurant should be on your bucket-list. I will definitely go here again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I love Sorellina. It's not my every weekend restaurant and usually reserve it for special occasions. The ambience is wonderful, it's classy, cool vibe, nice decor and overall wonderful experience. I think it's slightly difficult with a large group. We did a work dinner and it was hard to communicate. But again I understand cause it has to do with how it's set up. I really have no complaints on my experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedMaggieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Sorrellina deserves high marks for food, however the service is not as good as was promised or expected. We waited more than 10 minutes before anyone came to bring us a cocktail menu, and the at least another 10 minutes before the cocktails arrived. Another 15 minutes before our dinner order was taken. We felt neglected in a place that promised so much more. Sorrellina is beautifully designed, but is large, noisy and impersonalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underappreciated gem of back-bayAntonVIPDined on 10/16/2014Perhaps it is the location that gets in the way, but it surprises me every time that I can get a table on short notice in a restaurant of this quality. Excellent (and interesting) food, great service and beautiful setting make for a great dinner experience every time.Special Features:
- Decent Vegetarian options.rolexianDined on 10/15/2014Good ambiance, great-tasting food, wine, and dessert options. There are a few very good vegetarian options that are absolutely delicious. Servers are very friendly and have a lot of knowledge about food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICED, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTINGSeattleFoodieDined on 10/13/2014Runny mashed potatoes, overcooked game hen, poor lighting, small font on menu, waste of positive dining opportunity for party of six.
- Outstanding from start to finishColoradoBreezeDined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent and the service was probably the best I have had in a restaurant in this century. My linguini had a variety of delicious, fresh mushrooms, and my companions raved about their lobster gnocchi. Good wine list, but be careful because the $250 bottles are mixed in with the more reasonably priced ones and if you are not knowledgable (as I am not) it could be easy to spend more than you might want to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!PamDanVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Sorellina. The food and wine were delicious! Our waiter, Tarso was fantastic! The hostess was extremely accommodating. Somehow when I made an Opentable reservation the date changed to the following night but she said no problem we have a table for you! We definitely plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014I knew it had to be possible, a fine dining experience in a beautiful city at a table for two where I could actually converse with my dining partner without screaming. Clearly, Sorellina has invested in noise reduction technology for the dining comfort of her guests and I truly appreciate the effort. The dining room was full to capacity in the trendy cavernous space yet our table for two felt private and quiet. The food was delicious, the service attentive yet not overbearing. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Boston DiningMiswuVIPDined on 10/10/2014Based on great reviews from OpenTable, we booked Sorellina for our Boston Fall Getaway. We had a wonderful dinner in a very romantic setting. The service and food are wonderful. We will definitely return for future visit.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in BostonbostonfoodieDined on 10/9/2014The service was excellent per Sara(h) our waitress.Food was great. Our table was situated in the back where we could see the whole dining room. Would go back multiple times. Had the lamb chops which were the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- Automatic GreatPBGFOODIEDined on 10/5/2014If in Boston this is a must stop if you have a client and want to impress them-really great everythingSpecial Features:
- Absolutely FantasicBachelorettepartyof5Dined on 10/4/2014This was the best meal I've ever had. From the moment we sat down, the service was top notch and the food was equally as amazing! The lobster gnocchi was perfect. If I'm ever in Boston again, I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome birthday dinnerMeganVIPDined on 10/4/2014Brought my husband for his birthday, everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Sor.Foodie7Dined on 10/4/2014Delicious food. Excellent service Tables very close together--request corner spot if u dont want to hear your neighbor's conversation. They also allow dogs--woman brought her lap dog in her purse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/3/2014This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in the city...food & service were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from start to finishDCDDVIPDined on 10/3/2014ONLY positive things to say about our dining experience. The food, the wine, our server. . . all top notch. I can't point to any one item we ordered because everything was delicious. We'll make the trip from DC to Boston again sometime soon just to enjoy another evening at Sorellina. In a restuarant of this caliber, the food is often great, but the service can be snooty. Not here . . . at least if you have Kirk. He provides excellent service and does so with a great attitude. We'll definitely ask for him when we make our next reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/30/2014The food is amazing here. Service is incredible as is ambiance. A wonderful place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Top NotchfinedinerDined on 9/27/2014I have been to a number of outstanding restaurants in Boston, and this was the best of them all. A bit on the pricey side, especially the wine, but well worth the price. The carpaccio was fantastic, and don't miss the chocolate molten cake that is fresh baked just for youSpecial Features:
- Sorellina reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed the service and food. The waiter was aware of our time constraint when he came to the table since I noted it in my reservation on Open Table. He was considerate and professional. The food was lovely with lots of pasta choices and wonderful entrees. I enjoyed reading the menu of modern cuisine twist on Italian traditional recipes but prefer the traditional recipes such as saltimbocca. This is definitely an upscale restaurant that is a good addition to dining choices in Boston. I thought the wine list was a bit overpriced; many wines were over $100. Carol GordonSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly Enjoyable MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014First time there, but everything from service to food to ambience was superb. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great but expensivegenemiaeDined on 9/26/2014This is a high end restaurant. The food is great but be prepared to pay for it. Best octopus starter ever. I had the veal Saltimboca. Very well done but light for a main meal. Also 40 bucks. Cinquecento has a more filling version for $29. Pretty close to the same quality veal. Our waiter was very aloof. He took the order and never checked back with us. The table cleaners were the only ones who asked how everything was. If you have no objections to paying $125 a head with drinks, then Sorellina is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience and ServiceViaAppiaDined on 9/25/2014We had a great experience at Sorellina's, our waiter was Tazo, amazing guy. Took care of us and explained the menu throughly. We have also visited their sister restaurant Ostra and also had a great experience there. We had the filet mignon and the veal.Special Features:
- why is boston so lacking???OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014There is a reason why 'the best restaurant in boston is a plane ticket to nyc.' Quite simply boston retaurants done measure up, no matter how hard they try (or how much they charge). Sorellina has a lot going for it - a good vibe, excellent wine list and a decent menu. But on all the intangibles that make a restaurant good (let along great) Sorellina strikes out. For a $500 meal the guest should be warmly welcomed, not shuffled around by a new hostest searching for 'table 32.' For $500 guests should not be served two appetizers at the same time with tuna and pasta both sitting in front of me. For $500 the meal quite simple should be great and last more than 65 mines. Sorellina wants to be great but it isn't. Swing and a missSpecial Features:
- Visiting CollegesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Excellent restaurant. Food and service was great. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youLuMindDined on 9/22/2014I organized a dinner meeting/dinner for business. The service was impeccable from the moment I walked through the door until the moment I left! Thank you for allowing us space/time to discuss business. Loved our waiter!Special Features:
- Liz2Dined on 9/20/2014A wonderful dining experience - can't wait for another excuse to dine there again.- Only one small negative - lighting was very low - a little difficult to read the wonderful menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalAnnaamDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary and since it was our first time, our witness made us feel soo comfortable. The service overall was outstanding and the food was delicious. Wouldn't mind going there again 👍👍.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014They charged us for 2 glasses of wine that we didn't order so make sure you check your bill. Other than that, it was a great experience. I had requested a quiet table and they delivered. Food is amazing but very expensive - great place for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2014Go with a group, or at least go very hungry, because you will want to try everything. Thin sliced octopus with pickled chili on squid-ink infused couscous might be the best thing I have ever put in my mouth! The pasta, made on-site of course, is perfection. Don't forget the contorni: sliced aubergine around ricotta was a stand-out. I did find the wine list to be a bit challenging, but then I'm sure I could have enlisted the help of a sommelier if I had asked. Sorellina is lively without being noisy. The food and service are A+. You're in for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014I would eat here very often if I lived in Boston. Best meal i've enjoyed in quite some time. Started with the Caesar salad. A light, unique twist to most heavier caesar salads one encounters. I loved the Spaghetti with the prawns and guanciale and my dining partner loved her Veal Saltimboca. We also shared the greens special of the night which was flavored perfectly. A glass of port and a very unique take on tiramisu made for a perfect dinner. Wonderful food at prices one would expect for this type of restaurant and above par service. All that being said, the wine list was a bit of a sticker shock. Would have like to see more reasonable pricing on the wines, both by the glass and bottle.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service/ ExperienceLindaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great dinner at Sorrelina's last nite. Song was our server and she was the BEST SERVER we've ever had, at ANY restaurant. Appetizers of Tuna Tartare,Lobster Gnocci and M meatballs were superb. Beef Carpaccio just ok(a lot better at R Chris). Everyone loved their entrees: Filet Mignon, King Salmon, and Veal Milanese Chop, and Desserts of Bombolni and Gelato/Sorbet were super. It was super busy on this Friday nite and a great place to celebrate our son in law's 50th.Special Features:
- Outstanding classical dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014My wife and I had an outstanding evening at Sorellina. High quality and tasty food that was prepared with style and care. Perfect service. The waiter was at our table when we needed him, but not too much. The restaurant is beautiful and a pleasure to be at. Our only suggestion is to add a bit of creativity to the menu. Perhaps using some local food with an Italian style.Special Features:
- Good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014The food was good, but I wasn't blown away. It was also a little too dark, they could raise the lights just a tad.
- meatheadDined on 9/6/2014Pleasant meal, terrific service and knowledgeable staff. My date's entrée was sent back but management was quick to remedy the situation. Not set-up for a romantic setting. Has an industrial feel to the room.Special Features:
- StephanieDined on 9/1/2014The ladies at the host stand were rude, almost as if they didn't want us there - if you can make it past that, the food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular dining experience!FoodMeDined on 9/1/2014I've been here twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. Most recently, I went with a party of four and we ordered appetizers for sharing. The kitchen divided each one for us and plated them separately! Some restuarants give you grief about sharing, but Sorellina went above and beyond to facilitate the process for us. This is serious service! Beyond the service, all the dishes that we tried were a party in my mouth, from the tuna tartare to the burrata to the octopus ink couscous to the mushroom fettucine. We tried rabbit tortellini, lamb chops, and veal as our main courses, and they were all tremendously executed as well. The tiramisu was among the best I've had, and whatever you do, definitely order the PROSECCO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian, gorgeous ambienceSamInActonMADined on 8/31/2014This was a perfect place for a special dinner -- in our case, celebrating our anniversary. The ambience is really gorgeous. The food was great, and really beautifully presented. My wife and I shared a delicious raw salmon appetizer. She enjoyed an excellent filet mignon for her entree, while I had a very good halibut prepared in a lobster sauce, with chunks of lobster. Our dessert was a tasty serving of nutella-filled sugar donut holes with a creme fraiche for dipping. I included a note in my OpenTable reservation that it was our anniversary, and they even wrote Happy Anniversary on the dessert plate in chocolate sauce! Overall, though it was fairly pricey, it was a fantastic special occasion dinner.Special Features: