One Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sorellinaboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 412-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Steven Morlino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Dartmouth
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available from the Blagden Street entrance to Sorellina (next to Boston's public library). The public parking garages are a short stroll away. You can park at the Prudential garage on Exeter Street; the Copley place garage on Huntington and the Dartmouth Street garage. Street parking is an option.
A word from Sorellina
Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Sorellina - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Sorellina reviews from OpenTable diners
343 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (274)romantic (227)fit for foodies (196)notable wine list (159)neighborhood gem (73)hot spot (69)good for groups (53)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (15)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- tommyDined on 11/17/2014Food and service is very nice. If there are half size plate for pasta, I want to use more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014After dining at Sorellina we agreed to add the meal to the list of memorable dining experiences. We started with a shared pasta appetizer that will be my main course next time - and there will be a next time. Our main courses were fabulous, but the fettuccine was phenomenal. The wine list is pricey - but the Cabernet well-worth it. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoEVOODined on 11/15/2014Wonderful food and ambiance - perfect for a birthday celebration among friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing and the service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The food was amazing and the service was great! Highly recommended for a special occasion. However, it is quite pricey for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrate!LocalDiner29Dined on 11/14/2014A friend of mine and I were celebrating our recent new jobs, Sorelina was the perfect place to do so! Our waiter made wonderful recommendations, including the tuna tartare appetizer and the donuts for dessert - both amazing - both reasons I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dinnercapedcodVIPDined on 11/11/2014Our dinner at Sorrellina this week was excellent. The salad and pasta dishes were exceptional and the wine list interesting. Our server could not have been nicer or more attentive. One of our party is handicapped and was delighted to have the complimentary car service to drive him home. We will definitely be going back to Sorrellina.Special Features:
- Special OccasionfouforthoughtDined on 11/11/2014The food/wine was out of this world. We got the Maccheroncelli and Fettuccine for appetizers: both dishes were equally satisfying. The sauce on the Maccheroncelli was amazing - I am going to dream about this dish forever. Good thing we live in the area! For our main course we got Veal Saltimbocca and the Filet Mignon: delicious and cooked perfectly. I wrote that it was my boyfriend's birthday in the OpenTable comment section for our reservation, but did not remind the restaurant when we arrived. Our waiter still brought out our dessert with a candle and a "happy birthday" message. It's nice to know that people actually read those requests. Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceTJ22Dined on 11/11/2014Service was clearly outstanding and a very close second was the food. Dining room is a large open space, so it may not be as cozy as some would like, but noise level was ok. With apps and entrees the check can get up there - so great for special occasions, but more than what you might spend on your routine mid week meal.Special Features:
- recommend it!AuroritaDined on 11/8/2014the restaurant was lovely. the are of the bar seem very busy but we were not bothered by the noise. loved the way they arranged sitting area. with sofas, (with an added pillow for the back. it would be nice to have more wine selections, not necessarily from Italy. food is expensive, but the amounts are very generous. we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely memorable!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014I chose this restaurant based on the reviews to celebrate my birthday while visiting Boston for the first time. My boyfriend and I both ordered the arugula salad. The portion was plentiful and incredibly delicious. I had the gnocchi dish and he opted for Maccheroncelli. We thoroughly enjoyed the fresh, homemade pasta and the sauces were insanely delicious. The warm chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla bean gelato made my night! The service was on point and presentation was artistically beautiful. The perfect restaurant for a romantic dinner! If not my favorite, the lobster gnocchi dish is one of my all-time favorites!Special Features:
- Always Enjoy SorellinaFrankDined on 11/7/2014We've been to Sorellina many times and it is our spot to take visitors and business associates from out of town. We have never been disappointed and will continue to dine there in the future. Boston has many fine dining restaurants from which to choose. But Sorellina remains in the top few for us.Special Features:
- Great restaurant.DinnerfortwoDined on 11/6/2014A very good restaurant. Trendy with great ambiance, service and food. You will have a very good wine list. The service is very nice. We had white truffles with pasta, that was superb. A little pricey, but worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outIndustryfriendsDined on 11/6/2014I've been in Boston for two year now and just ate here for my first time. I was immediately drawn to the ambiance and great vibe of the space. Our server was OK, and left us waiting to order for slightly longer than I would like, but not enough to negatively affect our experience. Our meal was coursed perfectly. We decided to share a bay scallop special and the server was able to send appetizer as a mid course, split, after our first course of burrata. Our entrees were under seasoned but executed well. We choice to skip dessert and enjoy our wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BackinBostonAgainVIPDined on 11/5/2014One of my favorite restaurants in town! Always! Beautiful decor, great service & fabulous food. The best tuna tartare on the planet followed closely by the grilled octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good waiterKVW75Dined on 11/3/2014Our waiter, Mark, was just as impressive as the food at Sorellina. He knew the menu well enough to describe the layers of flavor in the dishes we ordered. He made us feel as comfortable as if we were in his home. We came in early after a visit to the MFA. Neither of us was very hungry so we each ordered a glass of wine and split a delicious arugula salad. He also brought us a small loaf of warm ciabatta and butter. I had duck risotto, my sister had lobster gnocchi and we ended with their very delicious coffee. Mark made us feel just as welcome as you'd expect if we had ordered huge meals and a bottle of wine each. All the food was perfect. We were delighted with our first visit to Sorellina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinneramrATopentableDined on 11/2/2014I took my college-age son & his girlfriend here for a special dinner. It was fabulous in every way. Each entree and dessert item was beautiful & delicious. Server was a gem. Such a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionLiberalArtistDined on 11/1/2014It was a special birthday, and I could hardly have been more pleased with the food and service at Sorellina. I enjoyed a superb cocktail (Winter of Discontent, with Bulleit bourbon) and the Cabernet-Shiraz blend was excellent. The fettucine with mushrooms was particularly good and my girlfriend enjoyed her veal dish. Everything was nicely presented and service was impeccable. I would have liked more than one anchovy with the Romaine lettuce, but everything from appetizers to dessert was a treat. Located just steps from our hotel, at One Huntington Avenue, this is indeed a place to celebrate!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant but...finediner1Dined on 11/1/2014The caesar salad was awful. I got game hen, small enough for a small child to eat . Portions way too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantGiannetta1Dined on 11/1/2014The food, the service and the room were lovely. The noise level was very very low ... A great place to celebrate an occasion as it is expensive but worth the expense for an occasion as one would not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eager to eat...My2CentsVIPDined on 10/30/2014All but the service was fabulous. The drinks, food and ambiance definitely grabbed us and we WILL return. The service was cold, empty and as if we should be lucky to be dining at their establishment. Luckily the food kept a good taste in our mouth, because the service did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014The food and service at Sorellina were fantastic. Our waitress was very accomodating of our large group's food preferences/allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around terrific.RonGDined on 10/28/2014Excellent and varied cuisine in a a tasteful and interesting setting. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Overall a terrific dining experience. I particularly liked the octopus appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingrobsDined on 10/25/2014Regular to Sorellina, we came in for my girlfriend's birthday on a fairly last second decision. We had the same server as always (ask for Tarso) because he's fun, energetic, passionate about the food, and always there when you need him but never overwhelming. He'll always steer you in the right direction - this time he suggested the handmade fettuccine and white truffles on special, followed by the oxtail and mascarpone filled tortellini, and the ribeye for an entree. As it was my girlfriend's birthday he quickly (and secretly) picked up on that and had a dessert with a candle ready after our meals. The food is always handmade, and perfectly prepared and presented. A guaranteed delicious meal and amazing experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Service left more to be desired. Quick anecdoate: We place our order and the server disappears for 20 minutes. He comes back and asks us how our appetizer was, which never came. To his credit he apologized and sent it out with our entrees on the house. Nonetheless, they could be more attentive to their diners. We celebrated our engagement and they were very glad to personalize the menu and work with me. I very much appreciated that.Special Features:
- Quiet Refined BitesDDdinersDined on 10/25/2014We came at the very start of their dining hour so was very quiet with a few people around. The menu is quite expensive and the portions very small, but worth every penny. Water was constantly filled and the waiter always made sure we were taken care of without being intrusive. At one point they mistakenly brought out the wrong plate, but it was actually incredibly good, but the waiter quickly resolved the issue by still bringing us the correct plate and not charging us for either. Totally unnecessary, but something like that is what makes you a life long customer since you know they will always make things right without your intervention. Would highly recommend it to couples going out for a birthday or anniversary for dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic!LoMaDined on 10/24/2014It was the best meal we've had in a long time! The food and service were exceptional and we would highly recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CatsCatchDined on 10/23/2014I had not been to Sorellina in several years but met a friend for dinner there last week. The buratta appetizer was wonderful - lovely combination of flavors. My entree was the tortelinni with shaved truffles. OUTSTANDING. I enjoyed the food and ambiance so much that I returned two nights later, ordering the exact same meal! Thank you, Sorellina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorellinaDined on 10/21/2014always on my list when travelling to Boston. service is excellent. The staff knows their wine and can couple a choice with any dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!IrockDined on 10/19/2014I always enjoy Sorallinas. Excellent meal; great atmosphere; superb service! For any occasion I always recommend Sorellinas in my top three restaurants as the first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best part of the night!BeachesDined on 10/18/2014My husband is a foodie and taking him to dinner is always less than satisfying. I took a chance on this restaurant and was hardly disappointed and very elated by his response. He had the gnocchi with braised short rib and he devoured it in almost one bite. He loved the food-I loved the ambience! Great nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine list is 10 pages!!JwalinDined on 10/18/2014I am amazed by the wines available at this restaurant. Amazing food and ambiance. I reached 10 mins before our reservation and I did not have to wait for my table. The Secondi is a bit on the costlier side but other food items are affordable. This restaurant should be on your bucket-list. I will definitely go here again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLove2dineDined on 10/18/2014I love Sorellina. It's not my every weekend restaurant and usually reserve it for special occasions. The ambience is wonderful, it's classy, cool vibe, nice decor and overall wonderful experience. I think it's slightly difficult with a large group. We did a work dinner and it was hard to communicate. But again I understand cause it has to do with how it's set up. I really have no complaints on my experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedMaggieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Sorrellina deserves high marks for food, however the service is not as good as was promised or expected. We waited more than 10 minutes before anyone came to bring us a cocktail menu, and the at least another 10 minutes before the cocktails arrived. Another 15 minutes before our dinner order was taken. We felt neglected in a place that promised so much more. Sorrellina is beautifully designed, but is large, noisy and impersonalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underappreciated gem of back-bayAntonVIPDined on 10/16/2014Perhaps it is the location that gets in the way, but it surprises me every time that I can get a table on short notice in a restaurant of this quality. Excellent (and interesting) food, great service and beautiful setting make for a great dinner experience every time.Special Features:
- Decent Vegetarian options.rolexianDined on 10/15/2014Good ambiance, great-tasting food, wine, and dessert options. There are a few very good vegetarian options that are absolutely delicious. Servers are very friendly and have a lot of knowledge about food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the table by the kitchen door!SFFoodieDined on 10/13/2014I am not sure if it was because we are older (mid 60's) or because we made our reservations only a day in advance, but with a virtually empty restaurant, the hostess led us the entire length of the restaurant to sit us next to a large group of noisy expense account type at the table nearest the kitchen door. When we declined to sit there, the hostess grudgingly set us at another table that was 10 feet from the kitchen door. She stormed off and was never seen again. However, I will say the food was excellent, and the waitstaff very charming and capable. But they need to talk to their front of house people about how to treat their customers.Special Features:
- OVERPRICED, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTINGSeattleFoodieDined on 10/13/2014Runny mashed potatoes, overcooked game hen, poor lighting, small font on menu, waste of positive dining opportunity for party of six.
- Outstanding from start to finishColoradoBreezeDined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent and the service was probably the best I have had in a restaurant in this century. My linguini had a variety of delicious, fresh mushrooms, and my companions raved about their lobster gnocchi. Good wine list, but be careful because the $250 bottles are mixed in with the more reasonably priced ones and if you are not knowledgable (as I am not) it could be easy to spend more than you might want to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!PamDanVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Sorellina. The food and wine were delicious! Our waiter, Tarso was fantastic! The hostess was extremely accommodating. Somehow when I made an Opentable reservation the date changed to the following night but she said no problem we have a table for you! We definitely plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014I knew it had to be possible, a fine dining experience in a beautiful city at a table for two where I could actually converse with my dining partner without screaming. Clearly, Sorellina has invested in noise reduction technology for the dining comfort of her guests and I truly appreciate the effort. The dining room was full to capacity in the trendy cavernous space yet our table for two felt private and quiet. The food was delicious, the service attentive yet not overbearing. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.