One Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sorellinaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174124600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Steven Morlino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Dartmouth
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available from the Blagden Street entrance to Sorellina (next to Boston's public library). The public parking garages are a short stroll away. You can park at the Prudential garage on Exeter Street; the Copley place garage on Huntington and the Dartmouth Street garage. Street parking is an option.
A word from Sorellina
Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sorellina - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Sorellina reviews from OpenTable diners
325 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (257)romantic (223)fit for foodies (192)notable wine list (151)neighborhood gem (67)hot spot (66)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (13)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- All around terrific.RonGDined on 10/28/2014Excellent and varied cuisine in a a tasteful and interesting setting. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Overall a terrific dining experience. I particularly liked the octopus appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingrobsDined on 10/25/2014Regular to Sorellina, we came in for my girlfriend's birthday on a fairly last second decision. We had the same server as always (ask for Tarso) because he's fun, energetic, passionate about the food, and always there when you need him but never overwhelming. He'll always steer you in the right direction - this time he suggested the handmade fettuccine and white truffles on special, followed by the oxtail and mascarpone filled tortellini, and the ribeye for an entree. As it was my girlfriend's birthday he quickly (and secretly) picked up on that and had a dessert with a candle ready after our meals. The food is always handmade, and perfectly prepared and presented. A guaranteed delicious meal and amazing experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Service left more to be desired. Quick anecdoate: We place our order and the server disappears for 20 minutes. He comes back and asks us how our appetizer was, which never came. To his credit he apologized and sent it out with our entrees on the house. Nonetheless, they could be more attentive to their diners. We celebrated our engagement and they were very glad to personalize the menu and work with me. I very much appreciated that.Special Features:
- Quiet Refined BitesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We came at the very start of their dining hour so was very quiet with a few people around. The menu is quite expensive and the portions very small, but worth every penny. Water was constantly filled and the waiter always made sure we were taken care of without being intrusive. At one point they mistakenly brought out the wrong plate, but it was actually incredibly good, but the waiter quickly resolved the issue by still bringing us the correct plate and not charging us for either. Totally unnecessary, but something like that is what makes you a life long customer since you know they will always make things right without your intervention. Would highly recommend it to couples going out for a birthday or anniversary for dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014It was the best meal we've had in a long time! The food and service were exceptional and we would highly recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CatsCatchDined on 10/23/2014I had not been to Sorellina in several years but met a friend for dinner there last week. The buratta appetizer was wonderful - lovely combination of flavors. My entree was the tortelinni with shaved truffles. OUTSTANDING. I enjoyed the food and ambiance so much that I returned two nights later, ordering the exact same meal! Thank you, Sorellina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorellinaDined on 10/21/2014always on my list when travelling to Boston. service is excellent. The staff knows their wine and can couple a choice with any dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!IrockDined on 10/19/2014I always enjoy Sorallinas. Excellent meal; great atmosphere; superb service! For any occasion I always recommend Sorellinas in my top three restaurants as the first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best part of the night!BeachesDined on 10/18/2014My husband is a foodie and taking him to dinner is always less than satisfying. I took a chance on this restaurant and was hardly disappointed and very elated by his response. He had the gnocchi with braised short rib and he devoured it in almost one bite. He loved the food-I loved the ambience! Great nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine list is 10 pages!!JwalinDined on 10/18/2014I am amazed by the wines available at this restaurant. Amazing food and ambiance. I reached 10 mins before our reservation and I did not have to wait for my table. The Secondi is a bit on the costlier side but other food items are affordable. This restaurant should be on your bucket-list. I will definitely go here again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLove2dineDined on 10/18/2014I love Sorellina. It's not my every weekend restaurant and usually reserve it for special occasions. The ambience is wonderful, it's classy, cool vibe, nice decor and overall wonderful experience. I think it's slightly difficult with a large group. We did a work dinner and it was hard to communicate. But again I understand cause it has to do with how it's set up. I really have no complaints on my experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedMaggieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Sorrellina deserves high marks for food, however the service is not as good as was promised or expected. We waited more than 10 minutes before anyone came to bring us a cocktail menu, and the at least another 10 minutes before the cocktails arrived. Another 15 minutes before our dinner order was taken. We felt neglected in a place that promised so much more. Sorrellina is beautifully designed, but is large, noisy and impersonalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underappreciated gem of back-bayAntonVIPDined on 10/16/2014Perhaps it is the location that gets in the way, but it surprises me every time that I can get a table on short notice in a restaurant of this quality. Excellent (and interesting) food, great service and beautiful setting make for a great dinner experience every time.Special Features:
- Decent Vegetarian options.rolexianDined on 10/15/2014Good ambiance, great-tasting food, wine, and dessert options. There are a few very good vegetarian options that are absolutely delicious. Servers are very friendly and have a lot of knowledge about food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICED, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTINGSeattleFoodieDined on 10/13/2014Runny mashed potatoes, overcooked game hen, poor lighting, small font on menu, waste of positive dining opportunity for party of six.
- Outstanding from start to finishColoradoBreezeDined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent and the service was probably the best I have had in a restaurant in this century. My linguini had a variety of delicious, fresh mushrooms, and my companions raved about their lobster gnocchi. Good wine list, but be careful because the $250 bottles are mixed in with the more reasonably priced ones and if you are not knowledgable (as I am not) it could be easy to spend more than you might want to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!PamDanVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Sorellina. The food and wine were delicious! Our waiter, Tarso was fantastic! The hostess was extremely accommodating. Somehow when I made an Opentable reservation the date changed to the following night but she said no problem we have a table for you! We definitely plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014I knew it had to be possible, a fine dining experience in a beautiful city at a table for two where I could actually converse with my dining partner without screaming. Clearly, Sorellina has invested in noise reduction technology for the dining comfort of her guests and I truly appreciate the effort. The dining room was full to capacity in the trendy cavernous space yet our table for two felt private and quiet. The food was delicious, the service attentive yet not overbearing. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Boston DiningMiswuVIPDined on 10/10/2014Based on great reviews from OpenTable, we booked Sorellina for our Boston Fall Getaway. We had a wonderful dinner in a very romantic setting. The service and food are wonderful. We will definitely return for future visit.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in BostonbostonfoodieDined on 10/9/2014The service was excellent per Sara(h) our waitress.Food was great. Our table was situated in the back where we could see the whole dining room. Would go back multiple times. Had the lamb chops which were the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- Automatic GreatPBGFOODIEDined on 10/5/2014If in Boston this is a must stop if you have a client and want to impress them-really great everythingSpecial Features:
- Absolutely FantasicBachelorettepartyof5Dined on 10/4/2014This was the best meal I've ever had. From the moment we sat down, the service was top notch and the food was equally as amazing! The lobster gnocchi was perfect. If I'm ever in Boston again, I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome birthday dinnerMeganVIPDined on 10/4/2014Brought my husband for his birthday, everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Sor.Foodie7Dined on 10/4/2014Delicious food. Excellent service Tables very close together--request corner spot if u dont want to hear your neighbor's conversation. They also allow dogs--woman brought her lap dog in her purse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/3/2014This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in the city...food & service were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SrecaDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and service! Also, great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from start to finishDCDDVIPDined on 10/3/2014ONLY positive things to say about our dining experience. The food, the wine, our server. . . all top notch. I can't point to any one item we ordered because everything was delicious. We'll make the trip from DC to Boston again sometime soon just to enjoy another evening at Sorellina. In a restuarant of this caliber, the food is often great, but the service can be snooty. Not here . . . at least if you have Kirk. He provides excellent service and does so with a great attitude. We'll definitely ask for him when we make our next reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/30/2014The food is amazing here. Service is incredible as is ambiance. A wonderful place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Top NotchfinedinerDined on 9/27/2014I have been to a number of outstanding restaurants in Boston, and this was the best of them all. A bit on the pricey side, especially the wine, but well worth the price. The carpaccio was fantastic, and don't miss the chocolate molten cake that is fresh baked just for youSpecial Features:
- Sorellina reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed the service and food. The waiter was aware of our time constraint when he came to the table since I noted it in my reservation on Open Table. He was considerate and professional. The food was lovely with lots of pasta choices and wonderful entrees. I enjoyed reading the menu of modern cuisine twist on Italian traditional recipes but prefer the traditional recipes such as saltimbocca. This is definitely an upscale restaurant that is a good addition to dining choices in Boston. I thought the wine list was a bit overpriced; many wines were over $100. Carol GordonSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly Enjoyable MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014First time there, but everything from service to food to ambience was superb. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great but expensivegenemiaeDined on 9/26/2014This is a high end restaurant. The food is great but be prepared to pay for it. Best octopus starter ever. I had the veal Saltimboca. Very well done but light for a main meal. Also 40 bucks. Cinquecento has a more filling version for $29. Pretty close to the same quality veal. Our waiter was very aloof. He took the order and never checked back with us. The table cleaners were the only ones who asked how everything was. If you have no objections to paying $125 a head with drinks, then Sorellina is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience and ServiceViaAppiaDined on 9/25/2014We had a great experience at Sorellina's, our waiter was Tazo, amazing guy. Took care of us and explained the menu throughly. We have also visited their sister restaurant Ostra and also had a great experience there. We had the filet mignon and the veal.Special Features:
- why is boston so lacking???OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014There is a reason why 'the best restaurant in boston is a plane ticket to nyc.' Quite simply boston retaurants done measure up, no matter how hard they try (or how much they charge). Sorellina has a lot going for it - a good vibe, excellent wine list and a decent menu. But on all the intangibles that make a restaurant good (let along great) Sorellina strikes out. For a $500 meal the guest should be warmly welcomed, not shuffled around by a new hostest searching for 'table 32.' For $500 guests should not be served two appetizers at the same time with tuna and pasta both sitting in front of me. For $500 the meal quite simple should be great and last more than 65 mines. Sorellina wants to be great but it isn't. Swing and a missSpecial Features:
- Visiting CollegesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Excellent restaurant. Food and service was great. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youLuMindDined on 9/22/2014I organized a dinner meeting/dinner for business. The service was impeccable from the moment I walked through the door until the moment I left! Thank you for allowing us space/time to discuss business. Loved our waiter!Special Features:
- Liz2Dined on 9/20/2014A wonderful dining experience - can't wait for another excuse to dine there again.- Only one small negative - lighting was very low - a little difficult to read the wonderful menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalAnnaamDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary and since it was our first time, our witness made us feel soo comfortable. The service overall was outstanding and the food was delicious. Wouldn't mind going there again 👍👍.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014They charged us for 2 glasses of wine that we didn't order so make sure you check your bill. Other than that, it was a great experience. I had requested a quiet table and they delivered. Food is amazing but very expensive - great place for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2014Go with a group, or at least go very hungry, because you will want to try everything. Thin sliced octopus with pickled chili on squid-ink infused couscous might be the best thing I have ever put in my mouth! The pasta, made on-site of course, is perfection. Don't forget the contorni: sliced aubergine around ricotta was a stand-out. I did find the wine list to be a bit challenging, but then I'm sure I could have enlisted the help of a sommelier if I had asked. Sorellina is lively without being noisy. The food and service are A+. You're in for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.