One Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sorellinaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174124600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Steven Morlino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Dartmouth
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available from the Blagden Street entrance to Sorellina (next to Boston's public library). The public parking garages are a short stroll away. You can park at the Prudential garage on Exeter Street; the Copley place garage on Huntington and the Dartmouth Street garage. Street parking is an option.
A word from Sorellina
Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sorellina - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Sorellina reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (237)romantic (197)fit for foodies (168)notable wine list (131)neighborhood gem (56)hot spot (53)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (12)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful Service/ ExperienceLindaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great dinner at Sorrelina's last nite. Song was our server and she was the BEST SERVER we've ever had, at ANY restaurant. Appetizers of Tuna Tartare,Lobster Gnocci and M meatballs were superb. Beef Carpaccio just ok(a lot better at R Chris). Everyone loved their entrees: Filet Mignon, King Salmon, and Veal Milanese Chop, and Desserts of Bombolni and Gelato/Sorbet were super. It was super busy on this Friday nite and a great place to celebrate our son in law's 50th.Special Features:
- Outstanding classical dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014My wife and I had an outstanding evening at Sorellina. High quality and tasty food that was prepared with style and care. Perfect service. The waiter was at our table when we needed him, but not too much. The restaurant is beautiful and a pleasure to be at. Our only suggestion is to add a bit of creativity to the menu. Perhaps using some local food with an Italian style.Special Features:
- Good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014The food was good, but I wasn't blown away. It was also a little too dark, they could raise the lights just a tad.
- meatheadDined on 9/6/2014Pleasant meal, terrific service and knowledgeable staff. My date's entrée was sent back but management was quick to remedy the situation. Not set-up for a romantic setting. Has an industrial feel to the room.Special Features:
- StephanieDined on 9/1/2014The ladies at the host stand were rude, almost as if they didn't want us there - if you can make it past that, the food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular dining experience!FoodMeDined on 9/1/2014I've been here twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. Most recently, I went with a party of four and we ordered appetizers for sharing. The kitchen divided each one for us and plated them separately! Some restuarants give you grief about sharing, but Sorellina went above and beyond to facilitate the process for us. This is serious service! Beyond the service, all the dishes that we tried were a party in my mouth, from the tuna tartare to the burrata to the octopus ink couscous to the mushroom fettucine. We tried rabbit tortellini, lamb chops, and veal as our main courses, and they were all tremendously executed as well. The tiramisu was among the best I've had, and whatever you do, definitely order the PROSECCO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian, gorgeous ambienceSamInActonMADined on 8/31/2014This was a perfect place for a special dinner -- in our case, celebrating our anniversary. The ambience is really gorgeous. The food was great, and really beautifully presented. My wife and I shared a delicious raw salmon appetizer. She enjoyed an excellent filet mignon for her entree, while I had a very good halibut prepared in a lobster sauce, with chunks of lobster. Our dessert was a tasty serving of nutella-filled sugar donut holes with a creme fraiche for dipping. I included a note in my OpenTable reservation that it was our anniversary, and they even wrote Happy Anniversary on the dessert plate in chocolate sauce! Overall, though it was fairly pricey, it was a fantastic special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!!!StephanieDined on 8/29/2014We read nothing but fabulous reviews and had to try. Food was fabulous. We had salmon tartare and arugula salad to start followed by the ribeye and fettuccine with wild mushrooms and truffle oil. Wow!!! And dessert was an amazing lemon and blueberry cake and chocolate torte. The food was off the chain!!! The service was fantastic. The atmosphere seemed a little fancy/stuffy but once we were seated we were in our own little world. And like I said service and food was spectacular. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014It is always a very pleasant environment. The menu choices are relatively few. It boasts prices of gourmet venue, but not justified by innovative and eclectic cuisine. Service is haphazard! Personally, I think it needs to decide a more defined future trajectory food innovation or modern hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner.LobsterLoverDined on 8/29/2014We had the 3 course restaurant menu and the food was outstanding. Salmon tArtare and fettuccine with exotic mushrooms were amazing. We will be back when next in Boston. Service very attentive but not at all intrusive and the decor is classy contemporarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightMikiVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I visited for Sorellia for our monthly night out (leaving the kids with a sitter) and had a very relaxing dinner. Fantastic service, great atmospher, amazing food. I would recommend this reataurant to anyone looking for a nice relaxing no rush evening. It was a perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Reservation was for 830pm. Seated at 9:20pm... Our waitress was fantastic. The whole experience was spectacular but as good as everything was the host stand was that bad. Totally unfriendly and disorganized just did not fit the rest of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant WeekStephieDined on 8/28/2014I dined at Sorellina during Boston Restaurant Week and it was AMAZIng! We enjoyed every single second and every dish! Usually restaurants downgrade their service and food for restaurant week but Sorellina kept the same service as every other day. The food was really good our server was very nice! This is a restaurant my mom has been wanting to go to, so being able to finally go there it was pretty good! Everything on the menu was really really good! I can't wait to go back again maybe not on restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FatfoxDined on 8/28/2014Everything was awesome from beginning to end. Food was fabulous especially the carbonara and the chicken. Service impeccable and decor beautiful.Special Features:
- too expensive, but great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Went for resturant week, and even then thought the food was expensive for what it was. My salmon was not cooked, and still pink. I am amazed that dishes here cost $40. While the ambiance is lovely, would not go back because it is just too expensive for the quality.Special Features:
- First Time visitAquitaine0627Dined on 8/27/2014We took advantage of the Dine Out Boston week to make our first visit to Sorrelina. There was a very good choice on the Dine Out menu. The wine list was extensive but I found the mark-up to be quite high. However, the wine suggested on the prix fixe menu was very good and represented good value. Service was very attentive but not obtrusive and we were made feel special. We shall be going back.Special Features:
- Table seatingEaterDined on 8/27/2014My only real complaint was our table was very close to the kitchen door Resulting in a lot of foot traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced and saltyChefDined on 8/27/2014It was restaurant week so we thought we would try Sorellinas knowing it was a pricy restaurant, we ordered a glass of wine which turned out to be $19.00. I think we should have been told the price before we saw it in the check. The pasta was salty, the salmon almost raw. I was disappointed .Special Features:
- Celebrating Mom's birthday!LEFHDined on 8/26/2014The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was perfect for my mother's birthday. The price was extremely reasonable for Dine Out Boston, too. Our experience was amazing, especially for such an incredible value!Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 8/26/2014The dessert is not good, but the bread is awesome!
- Great MealJmackDined on 8/24/2014We ended up ordering from the Restaurant Week menu as it offered terrific choices and value. For appetizers, we ordered the buccatini pasta and the salmon tartare which were both delicious. For entrees, we both had the ribeye which was incredible. The desserts were also delicious and we ordered the Barbera wine which was suggested to pair with the Restaurant Week meals. The room is beautiful and fortunately, on a Sunday night, most of the tables nearby were empty during most of our dinner which made it very private. All in all, although not inexpensive, a great value for a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous mealDME1Dined on 8/24/2014From start to finish, a wonderful experience. Food was superb, service was top-notch (including a nice nod to our wedding anniversary on the desert plates) and the atmosphere was just right. Look forward to eating there again when in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Total Package!7continentsDined on 8/24/2014What a lovely dining experience! Sorellina combines an elegant dining room, the highest quality ingredients and cooking, knowledgable and pleasant service, gorgeously plated food, with reasonable valet parking just outside the door. I am still swooning over my dessert. We enjoyed it thoroughly and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FanWiltonFanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love Sorelina. Come to Boston twice a year and it is not missed when we are in town. Food is excellent excellent. Service is cordial and not over the top. Had a "bad table" right next to the kitchen door which was quite busy on Saturday night - shame on us for taking it. The wine list is terrific and very reasonably priced - some hidden gems! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of elegancefoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have been here many times, though we tend to save it for special occasions, this last time our anniversary. This last time I had a veal saltimbocca which featured a thick, juicy tender veal done to perfection at a medium rare, possibly the best and certainly the most unique I've ever had. The wait person was helpful, attentive and friendly. I also love the decor in black and white, modern clean lines. This is in my top five restaurants in the Boston area.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014There is not much to say other than it was an all around winner. The staff is fantastic and the food was superb. We'll be going back soon.Special Features:
- daverkptDined on 8/22/2014Awash in pleasure for all the senses. The visual eaceful the atmosphere began the journey of tastes, aromas, peaceful sound level, and tactile experiences for the tongue and mouth. Great staff and excellent food topped an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014We went during Boston Dine out week and the steak was delicious! FYI, it is a very generous portion. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- superb dining as alwaysRuthieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Flawless service and food. Highly recommend anytime even restaurant week. Very consistent. Great wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Boston!EAalisonVIPDined on 8/21/2014One of my favorite places of all time here in Boston- the food is always exceptional, love the sophisticated atmosphere and superb serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappoints - service excelsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Visited during restaurant week. Filet mignon and chicken entree's were disappointingly on the dry side. Beautiful presentation. Great service staff.Special Features:
- Romantic date well planned!ShwetaVIPDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I had booked it few other times and couldn't go for some reasons. We finally went during the dine out weekday and tried price fixed menu for 3 course dinner meal. Ambiance was perfect for a date night. Dim lights, dressed up gentry, notable wine list, vibrant yet not loud..My husband said he's had better fettuccine and honestly even I have had better salmon but somehow it didn't matter too much since our appetizers and desserts and just the whole place, our waitress and dine out deal made up for that.Special Features:
- foodie1025VIPDined on 8/20/2014Went for Dine Out Week and dinner and service were both great . Not one issue.Special Features:
- A most enjoyable experiencenickVIPDined on 8/19/2014We tried Sorellina during restaurant week and enjoyed it tremendously. The service was top notch, the food excellent and the cadre attractive. We would definitely return to sample the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 8/18/2014Sorellina is a beautiful restaurant that has great service and food! We went during "dine out Boston" so the special menu was limited. The regular menu was available, but we chose to order from the restaurant week menu. Our appetizers were salmon tartare and a caprese salad. We both ordered the rib eye steak with gorgonzola cheese. It was flavorful and delicious. We got eggplant rolattini and broccoli rabe as sides. We did not choose to try the desserts. We offered our desserts to a young couple instead. We highly recommend this restaurant! Our server Mark was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Went here for restaurant week and the food was definitely delicious. Server was professional and on point. Also a great selection of wine.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014It was my mom birthday. I called the restaurant in advance and when she ordered her dessert they put a candle and her name. Super noce detail and well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing....FenwaytravelerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I got one word for the whole dining experience...Amazing!!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantGreatTasteDined on 8/17/2014No question, it is one of the best restaurants in Boston, no need to elaborate, just go and try it.Special Features:
- My wife's favorite restaurantLouisDined on 8/17/2014We go here for all our special occasions and restaurant weekSpecial Features: