Sorell Wine Bar & Bistro
282 Huguenot Street
New Rochelle, NY 10805Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
Sorell Wine Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sorellwinebarbistro.com/
- Phone: 9143411579
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Closed Sundays & Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Christopher Daly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Velez 9148151306
- Entertainment: Local live musicians. Private parties welcome. Wine tasting available. Happy hour.
A word from Sorell Wine Bar & Bistro
Charming 40 seat bistro. With market driven menu, local farm products and intimate atmosphere. Located in developing downtown New Rochelle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sorell Wine Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (3)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very good local restaurantFoodieDined on 10/11/2014This is truly a neighborhood gem! The food was fresh and very good. We particulary enjoyed the grilled cheese with truffle oil sandwich. The Kale salad was also a favorite. The servers at Sorrel were professional and attentive. I would definitely recommend this place BUT make reservations as it is small and fills up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bistro in New RochelleAmylDined on 10/10/2014New Rochelle was in need of a good bistro and Sorell fits the bill. The food was good, but maybe not quite as good as what was mentioned in recent reviews. Our table was a bit tight for space but ok. I will definitely go again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was tasty, but the menu is somewhat limited. It's also pricey for glasses of wine that are on the small side. But the atmosphere is very nice, and staff was helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is poor, food is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was extremely nice but extremely incompetent. At some time during our dinner, we were asked if we were ready for dessert and we had not even gotten our dinner. I only ate 1/2 of my meal and I requested that I would like to bring it home. Well, I never received my leftovers and didn't realize until I got home.
- Good food in a quaint atmosphereNYNutritionistVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Sorell Wine Bar and hope to see it thrive in Downtown New Rochelle. We enjoyed a variety of dishes from the menu, some of our favorites were the olive plate, which had vibrant flavors from fresh herbs, the risotto cake with wild mushroom ragout, and the chicken entree. The tuna pan bagna was excellent as well, but would have been better for lunch. Considering that it's a wine bar and attached to a wine store, I was a little surprised by the limited wine list and that they were out of certain wines on the list. But overall we had a delicious dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret spot!MargoDined on 8/1/2014I thought it was just a wine shop . So imagine our surprise when we turned up for a recent birthday celebration and got a VERY nice dinner! Farm to table fresh, lovely hosts, great wines , prompt service and a chef who turns the whole thing out on what looks like a glorified HOTPLATE! The kale salad with anchovies is NOT to be missed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014More variety would. E nice. The pizzette was very good,,but it would be nice to,have several,varieties on the menu. Cheese plate was ok, but there are much better cheeses around from which to choose.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Sorell Wine Bar & Bistro reviews archive.