State Road 200, KM 3.2, HCL
W Retreat & Spa
Vieques, PR 00765Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wvieques.com/
- Phone: 7877414100x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:30am - 11:00am;
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Puerto Rican, Global, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining options are available.
- Private Party Contact: Alvaro Fernandez 7877414100x
A word from Sorce
A unique local history of blending materials and cultures influences the menu of Sorcé, pulling together tastes passed down through generations of Viequense and created with locally sourced and in-season ingredients. Signature dishes include fresh-catch fish marinated in a local mojo recipe; Puerto Rican mofongo; stuffed Caribbean lobster; whole coli rubia; churrasco with garlic, brujo oregano herb; and sopa de marisco, a Viequense version of bouillabaisse, or seafood soup. The extensive wine cellar is high on premium wines from around the world, with an accent on vineyards from North and South America, and complimented with an expert list of signature cocktails and specialty rum flights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sorce reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2014Went here for anniversary dinner and was very good. It's the only restaurant at the W Resort but it's got attentive service, very good local food, and an unbelievable setting overlooking the ocean.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!Bday45Dined on 5/23/2014Friendly staff, beautiful ocean view, excellent outdoor dining experience. Great food! Grain soup superb! Both beef and fish delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Sorce reviews archive.
- What A DisappointmentBostonboundVIPDined on 12/30/2013As good as Mix on the Beach was during the period of Alain Ducasse's involvement, Sorce is now a terrible disappointment. The food is mediocre at best and the service is terrible. Any why does the list of featured cocktails include several rum drinks that require mint (e.g. Mojitos) when the bar never has mint? I'm hard pressed to recommend the restaurant to anyone who isn't already stuck at the W Hotel. For less money, you can get a much better meal at Noche, El Quenepo or Next Course.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I visitedClaudiaDined on 12/14/2013My boyfriend and I visited the W in Vieques this past weekend. We had a fantastic time! The hotel, restaurant, and the staff across the board were fantastic. Everyone was so friendly! We ate at Sorce Friday night for dinner, Saturday for Brunch (what a bargain), Saturday night for dinner, and Monday for breakfast. We had a great experience every time. In addition, we were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday on Saturday night. We had a wonderful dinner at Sorce and while we were having dinner the hotel/resturant helped me arrange to have our room set-up with rose petals, champagne, fresh fruit and a bubble bath. We would highly recommend visiting the W Vieques and dining at Sorce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedawebboffourDined on 10/22/2013We ate at Sorce last year while visiting the island. We weren't that impressed, but we wanted to give it another try. Well, we will not be going back for a third time. While the atmosphere is hip and relaxing, the food just isn't worth the money. Our waiter was great and very educated on the menu, so was nice to see. Overall, nothing really on the menu wowed us.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dinner, lunch and breakfasAmybDined on 10/18/2013We ate there 4 times during our 4 day stay! Perfect setting!!!!!loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise in paradiseLuisGuDined on 10/11/2013I just want to emphasize the excellence in the service we received during our stay. Our waiters Joel and Caroline were superb and the rest of the staff was kind and helpful. And they smile all the time. Isn't that great??? We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the movies....GetawayCoupleDined on 9/21/2013When you see a terribly romantic scene in a movie where everything is simply perfect- ocean view, attentive but not intrusive servers, delectable food, twilight lighting.... you have caught a glimpse of what it is like to have dinner at Sorce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/8/2013We went to Vieques for our anniversary and were pleasantly surprised when we found a restaurant on Open Table. The food at Sorce was amazing. We were able to try many dishes. Breakfast is incredible too. Had the huevos rancheros. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2013We went to Vieques for our anniversary and were pleasantly surprised when we found a restaurant on Open Table. The food at Sorce was amazing. We were able to try many dishes. Breakfast is incredible too. Had the huevos rancheros. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2013We went to Vieques for our anniversary and were pleasantly surprised when we found a restaurant on Open Table. The food at Sorce was amazing. We were able to try many dishes. Breakfast is incredible too. Had the huevos rancheros. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2013Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the islandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2013The food here is really the best you will find on Vieques. If you are looking for a solid meal, Sorce is your restaurant. Yes, it will come with a hefty price tag, but it's one of the only fine dining restaurants on the Island, so you go in expecting it. The fish is fresh, the meat perfectly cut/ cooked, and the appetizers are really delicious. The service is also great and very attentive.Special Features:
- potential to be greatRikotiDined on 8/2/2013So we had dinner on a friday night, i was not expecting big portions so with this in mind i was really hoping for some amazing flavors that sadly where not there. My red snapper fillete on arroz con gandules was good but not great. The wife's lobster was average. My seafood soup was like water with bits of something on it, tasted ok but really...The dessert, a trio of tres leches, pudding and creme brulee was rather nice. In short, the place is extremly overpriced for the quality of food you get. The place is really nice and service was excelent. I will recommend to try it only once if you are a guest at the W and if you have the $50off discount from Gustazos. I dont mind spending 200+ on a special ocassion dinner but it has to be legendarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly staff, very good foodBirthdayDinnerDined on 7/29/2013The food was much better than we were expecting for hotel food, and the wait staff was especially friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- TastyMaddieDined on 6/18/2013We are staying at the W and so went to eat at Sorce, I have to say it was very taste! Everyone was attentive and freindly and the food excellent. The prices are a bit steep but it is on an island and it is a resort, so prices did compare to other places we have been. I loved the ceviche trio!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at W ViequesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2013We were loking forward to a great dinner at the beautiful hotel, where we were staying, and were ot disappointed. They have a wonderful staff and promt service, food was good and had an excellent dessert. The only flaw is that they do not have espresso coffee!!!! Quite surprised and disappointed. In Puerto Rico, good coffe is very important complement to a nice meal. I strongly suggest to make the necessary changes to have espresso coffee in the restaurant as well in the hotel. It has a beautiful ambiance, and overall we had a good timeSpecial Features:
- Relaxed eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/6/2013We had a wonderful meal in an elegant room with fine service. Food was prepared well and tasted great. Definitely the nicest venue on the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good as a convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/30/2013It's good as a convenient option if you're staying at the W - otherwise, don't bother, as it's overpriced for what it provides.
- Nice environment for an afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Nice environment for an afternoon of chill. Menu is pretty interesting but not telling. I had a great shrimp quesadilla but everything else is unremarkable.Special Features:
- Avoid Sorce for dinnerRyanVIPDined on 3/5/2013One of a few options to dine on the W premises. Breakfast there is excellent, wonderful menu and buffet. Dinner there left much to be desired. Overpriced and cold, poor-quality preparations made us feel we were on a prank show - are we really paying this much for this food? Especially when our breakfasts there were great. Service at dinner (and possibly chefs) seem to be a completely different group than the daytime crew. You would be better left to try one of the (few) options in town, but note that they stop serving dinner before 10PM.Special Features:
- Worst high price food everThairpygrl1Dined on 3/2/2013I do not paying a lot for dinner if it is good. This was possibly worst highest price dinner I've ever had. When it says local quisine it's nothing like it because I know the local food.Special Features:
- We went for Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We went for Valentine's Day with another couple. As usual, the service was excellent. The food was very good. It was a special menu, and it was a bargain. However, my favorite from the menu is the lobster mac and cheese. I haven't found anything that beats it. I definitely recommend Sorce.Special Features:
- Improvement over MixOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/20/2013Sorce is an upgrade from Mix but we had several small plates with cold plates being the best. The view and scene are outstanding plus service has improved. Not sure the price matches the food.Special Features:
- Horrible food, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2013Horrible food, small portions and extremely expensive for what you get! Not going back!
- Enjoy Vieques, plenty better restosOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2012Cronicilly under-staffed results in poor and inattentive service. So many better places on the island to enjoy; don't settle for eating at the W!
- The ambiance is lovely. IfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012The ambiance is lovely. If you have trouble reading without a lot of light, as we older folks do, I suggest eating inside. The menu has been recreated and offers many delicious selections. There is an extensive wine list, but the house wines are very good, as well. The service is outstanding, and compares with any good restaurant in which I have eaten. I believe it is an excellent value.Special Features:
- W needs to monitor service qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2012Good surface presentation, good location, Way too expensive considering other options. The food was good but less than I've experienced at other W associated restaurants. The service was terrible. Period. 4 of us were initially denied seating at an empty table for 6 in a nice location on the breezy ocean side patio. We were instead seated inside in a dead corner and told the other table was only for parties of 6. We didn't argue too much but we noticed when 20 minutes later a couple (2) were sat at that very same table leaving 4 seats empty. Another server had to eventually start helping us because our server kept disappearing for long swaths of time. Even getting drinks was a chore. Did I mention the service was terrible?
- Came to Vieques with my boyfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/27/2012Came to Vieques with my boyfriend who lives on the main island... this was the perfect place for a romantic getaway! We had both dinners here and brunch one morning (great coffee, and they leave your own pot to refill as you wish---HUGE perk). The mofongo is expensive compared to the main island, but it comes with three types of meat and lots of sauce unlike the traditional type, and I'd have to say it's worth trying :)Special Features:
- Local food for touristVeryGoodVIPDined on 10/26/2012The menu is local food for tourist, but I am local. So my standard for local food is much higher than what was prepared. I stongly recommend the chef to visit some upscale local eateries (problably in the main Island) and then work from there (I could give some names). The "bacalaitos" is an example of a local favorite done the wrong way.Special Features:
- Slow service, but hard workingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2012Slow service, but hard working employees giving the extra mile to satisfy customers. Crab cakes are delicious. The paella was very good. Reasonably price considering its location inside an expensive resort.Special Features:
- wine list weak - service choppy.live2eatVIPDined on 3/18/2011wine list weak - service choppy. Food very good - best dining on Vieques. Ambiance challenges the best restaurants on earth.Special Features:
- My husband and I both hadCjkfoodVIPDined on 3/15/2011My husband and I both had fish as entrees. We were very disappointed. Both entrees were very bland.
- Beautiful restaurant in aPAfoodieVIPDined on 3/14/2011Beautiful restaurant in a spectacular W resort, but Alain Ducasse??!!Four vists during our W stay, but never memorable.There is far better dining on Vieques.The service ranged from mediocre to appalingly bad.At one breakfast the the waiter dropped a mimosa,commented "things happen",then left the spilt juice on the floor for the rest of the meal while uanaware costumers and staff to tracked through it. At a dinner our waiter looked panic stricken when asked a simple question about a wine choice. At Pescadore, Mix's seafood grill on the beach, we commented that our cerviche appetizer and main course arrived seconds apart. The toqued chef gave us some attitude and took the cerciche away. We watched as he recycled it to another diner.Special Features:
- Delicious & lovely, if overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2011My husband and I ate here on our honeymoon. The food was quite delicious. We started with a shrimp cocktail with an inventive horseradish pannacotta and tuna tartare, which was delicious. The curried lobster was wonderful, and was topped with tiny coconuts, which I loved! My husband had the shrimp mofongo, which he enjoyed. Most of the staff was extremely friendly, and we had a wonderful time. The wine list was a little overpriced, and our waiter wasn't too familiar with most of the selections, which made selecting a bottle difficult. The location could not be more beautiful. We sat on the patio, and the light wind and sound of the ocean made dinner extremely memorable. We would definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- Could be W orseBPinkDined on 2/15/2011Food was good but not up to the hype. Had dinner and breakfast there. Breakfast better than dinner, but a very expensive breakfast. Ambiance is superb.
- Overpriced and noisyGGOTVIPDined on 1/21/2011We come to Vieques every year and were looking forward to checking out the W. But we were disappointed...they have completely ignored the laid back feel of the island and instead created a jam packed, noisy resort that feels like it should be in one of the more populated carribean islands. The food is way overpriced and the restaurant had very loud dance music playing. The wine list is limited in that there are not enough moderately priced wines. The only part of the meal we truly fell in love with was the desserts.
- Mix at "W" Vieques, PRLocalRoyDined on 12/30/2010In the lush, newly renovated "W" Vieques resort, Mix provides innovative food in a relaxing, hip setting. Fish dises and deserts are outstanding. The nearby outdoor bar is lush and quite appealing. For Vieques, Mix On the Beach provides recommended upscale dining.Special Features:
- The setting for Mix is fantastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2010The setting for Mix is fantastic, the hotel is gorgeous and setting beautiful. Unfortunately we came there for the food which was mediocre. We ordered the Scallop Salad featured on the cover of the local magazine and the scallops were bad. The paella for two was ok but not by any means out of the ordinary. For the price I would recommend going to another island spot and save the W for drinks.
- We had already heard aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2010We had already heard about this place, at the newly open W in Vieques, Puerto Rico. Most reviews were bad, so we did not expect too much. It was much better than feared, although it st´s still a long way to what they are selling. A restaurant that is advertised as an Alain Duccase place, has to have better food, more options in the menu and a better wine list and better service. Granted it´s low season, but not an excuse, they should be using this down time for improving the place. An example, I ordered the lobster and when I asked if it was local (lots of lobster here)...they said it was Maine lobster, same with all the fish...none local... The hotel is beautiful,we hope it does well, food and service need to improve.Special Features: