908 S. Barrington Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sortinorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3104428466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am-3:00pm
Sunday-Thrusday Dinner: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday and Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Martin Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for more information. We look forward to catering your next important event.
A word from Sor Tino
Following in the successful footsteps of the Ago's in Los Angeles, Miami, and Las Vegas owner/restaurateur Agostino Sciandri is back in Brentwood. He has "brought Italy to our doorsteps" with a menu offering traditional Florentine dishes. An open kitchen with a pizza oven, small and large distressed wood tables, rush chairs enhances the warm and friendly interior. Sciandri adds, “People don’t come here to look ….they come here to eat." Tino, as he is affectionately known, firmly believes that Los Angeles is destined to be this nation’s foremost restaurant city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Sor Tino - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Sor Tino reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (10)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Friendly ServiceFusionFiendVIPDined on 9/4/2014I have wanted to try this restaurant for months and finally had a chance to visit. The staff is terrific at this restaurant. Very friendly, fun, engaging. I was not overwhelmed by the food, but the service and attentive staff was very nice. The recommended wine was great. I think a few things could use some improvement (but I probably didn't order the right things). I ordered a risotto with seafood. I felt the seafood was over-cooked. The special salad was good and included plenty of nice mushrooms. However, the bread wasn't very good and probably should be left uncut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!BHReviewer2VIPDined on 8/27/2014We hadn't been to Sor Tino for some time & are so glad we returned. We tried 2 specials of the day the fennel salad, lightly dressed & flavorful & the sea bass that was simply prepared, very moist & absolutely delicious. The wine recommendation was very good & our server was most attentive. This is definitely our new go to neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodljg1Dined on 8/16/2014very mundane food- nothing special about ambience - good wine-Special Features:
- Comme Ina vacanza!IdoLVIPDined on 7/20/2014It is like being on a holiday inItaly. Lovely food ; very Italian service and lovely wines! We love to sit and dine there. I am looking forward to the next vacation (time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pasta everCanyongalDined on 7/12/2014I've been all over the world, all over Italia especially. I love pasta, and the paglia e fieno (egg noodles with a light cream sauce, peas and ham) may have been the most delicious pasta I have ever had. I recall the first carbonara I had in Rome, and this dish ranks right up there for memorable. My friends had fish that they enjoyed, and my husband loved the Tuscan steak with mushroom sauce. Affordable wine as well, though they have some high end as well. Our server was wonderful, attentive but not overdoing it. Nice young man from Fruili who put up with my rusty Italian. We had a lovely corner table on the patio, quiet. They let us sit there forever it seemed, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindlouDined on 7/10/2014I love the food here, and especially enjoy eating outside. The pasta is terrific, the ahi tuna starter is also very good. I've had several salads; all good.Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 6/21/2014My first time at this restaurant. The manager selected an excellent bottle of wine within my price range. Our server was very pleasant and extremely helpful with suggestions about dinner even though very busy. Great food. I will come back.Special Features:
- Consistently good.labelmanceVIPDined on 6/10/2014The wild boar papperdelle is reason enough to go. But never had a mediocre meal here no matter the choice. Inside is a bit noisy so we prefer outdoor. Very good choice in an area crowded with good Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Great real Northern Italian FoodIdoLVIPDined on 6/3/2014Sor Tino did not disappoint again. The food is great and when taking in perspective the prices are reasonable. Unless you go for the full portions per person. The feel is like a real Italian patio and in general the staff is great. Just... due to a couple of loud and obscene customers the night could have been spoiled. We will go back definitely, but are hopeful that the loud customers will not be there at that time.Special Features:
- The following 111 reviews are from the Sor Tino reviews archive.
- Very specialrcooDined on 5/20/2014Both times we have eaten here it has been an outstanding meal. From the wine through desert all is excellent. Very special place.Special Features:
- Sor Tino is a winnerEricJDined on 4/20/2014From the friendly and generous servers and hosts, to the various entrees our party of 6 ordered, our dinner at Sor Tino was a delightful early evening. I heartily recommend this little neighborhood gem to anyone looking to enjoy an unhurried, delicious Italian meal.Special Features:
- Nothing to recommendBaileyDined on 4/11/2014Service was terrible, food was tasteless and there were no prices on the Specials menu or on the blackboard. I don't know if they have changed owners, but this used to be a great little neighborhood restaurant with good food and wonderful service. We won't be going back.
- Love that they make you feelBrentwoodhomieVIPDined on 4/4/2014Love that they make you feel like a regular, appreciate you coming in and the food is always excellent and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Italian restaurantFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/25/2014Sor Tino has long been my favorite Italian restaurant on the westside - the Insalata di Pollipo is the best I've had outside of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our 2nd time at SorLarryVIPDined on 3/23/2014This was our 2nd time at Sor Tino and it was equally as good as the 1st. It is reasonably priced too. It will continue to be our "go to" choice for dinner before a concert at UCLA Royce Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to going backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014Had a wonderful dining experience and we are looking forward to coming back. Everything we ordered was a standout dish. The fettuccine with black truffles was outstanding (we ordered as an appetizer to split) as was the spinach/ricotta ravioli in a saffron sauce. The grilled branzino was simply prepared, yet perfectly cooked and deliscious. We didn't make it to dessert; just too full. The service was a tad slow in the beginning, but we weren't in any hurry and actually enjoyed the leisurely pace. I highly recommend a visit to Sor Tino.Special Features:
- great neighborhood Italian FoodLindlouDined on 2/28/2014I've been here at least 4 times and have always enjoyed my food. The ambiance is nice, the staff is friendly and the selection is always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten here before andLeneVIPDined on 2/19/2014Have eaten here before and enjoyed it more then. Had the spaghetti with soft shell crab and was disappointed, pieces of crab not totally edible as it should be.Special Features:
- good timeslackieDined on 2/18/2014Our second visit and we were delighted by the improved serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful spotStephenDined on 2/16/2014Sor Tino is a wonderful place to go a Italian in Brentwood, There is a great Patio and the food and service are first rate.. burning oven delivers great Pizza as well as great Steaks and the Pasta is all homemade..its a winner!!Special Features:
- Good casual neighborhood placeAmirVIPDined on 2/14/2014Decent Italian food, good service, usually fun ambianceSpecial Features:
- loud!pigeonVIPDined on 2/8/2014Too noisy on the patio to even have a conversation with our friends. Not our style to eat that way. We have been before and enjoyed it, but this was unbearable. Fish platter was pretty good, but the halibut was tough, and the plate not attractive. Sor Tino - You can do better!Special Features:
- A Real FindNanaVIPDined on 2/3/2014Terrific margarita pizza-thin crust and very tasty. Delicious eggplant parmigan and pasta Bolognese. However 10.00 for 2 small scoops of coconut sorbet was outrageous and 4.00 for a cup of tea?? Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that veal chop!kathe90035VIPDined on 1/30/2014The food is wonderful, the service impeccable; and they do not over season. What more could I ask?Special Features:
- It's a good size restaurantLarryVIPDined on 1/26/2014It's a good size restaurant with large patio area in front. If I lived in that neighborhood, it would be a good fall-back for Italian dining. The food is good and the prices are moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was excellent; managerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014food was excellent; manager and bus staff very efficient and accommodating; our waiter was annoying and totally inefficient. If not for his service, restaurant would be an excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent crispy pizza; wildMikeBVIPDined on 1/16/2014Excellent crispy pizza; wild boar ragu is wonderful.Special Features:
- Romantic ambiance; okay foodDeepakDined on 1/11/2014My girlfriend and I recently dined at Sor Tino. The restaurant is great for dates and special occasions: It has good lighting, it's not too quiet or loud, and has a nice enclosed patio. The service is good too. Unfortunately, it's quite pricey and the food doesn't really deliver given the price. We had the mushroom risotto and butternut squash ravioli with saffron. The risotto was okay-- a bit undercooked and bland. The ravioli was better, but still lacked flavor, even with the saffron. Overall, pretty average Italian in a city with plenty of good Italian options.Special Features:
- Good for "stammgasts"paulVIPDined on 1/11/2014My wife's pasta with clams was very good, my pasta w/urchin was tasteless and calamari appetizer was very good, unfortunately cold. Bigger problem was the service -- not only very slow, but attention was more given to "locals", while we were sitting in the back of the patio and because there was only one old heater with only 2 functions -- very hot or closed -- the "locals" demanded the heater closed, while our request for a little warm was accepted only for a minute and so we had to eat with coats on and still freezing. Being it Saturday ( though at 6:30 PM), the inside room was "reserved" for locals and our reservation was only patio...Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ITALIANDISAPPOINTEDVIPDined on 1/8/2014Have been going to this restaurant for quite a long time. Why, because it is consistently good. Sor Tino is owned by Agostino Sciandri, owner of Ago, Caffe Roma and Toscanova. You will see him each night at one of these restaurants, on the way to the others. This is he reason that the food and service are first rate. Thanks to Ago, we have places to go where the food is great, the quality extremely good and the service, without the now very annoying waiters telling you "this is my personal favourite" (who cares) and 'good choice, excellent choice"....I highly recommend any of his restaurants and, no I am not related to him.Special Features:
- Always are good choicebreakfastkingVIPDined on 11/23/2013We really enjoy Sor Tino. The food and service is always great and the atmosphere is perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian doesn't get any better!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2013So good. Continue to think this is the best gnocchi in town, and the new dish we tried, rigatoni with sausage and rapini, was equally stellar. Hazelnut torte remains a favorite as well, though seems like the portion size has gotten a little smaller. Overall, just adore this restaurant, and while it is pricey, the quality of the food make it feel worth the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyMMMPMVIPDined on 11/6/2013We made our son's 32nd. birthday party at Sor Tino last week. The food, from appetizer pizzas to white truffle pasta, was terrific! Personally, my favorite is their baby artichoke, frisee and shaved parmesan salad. It's light, fresh-tasting and lemony. I love it!!!! Everyone was happy with their respective selection. I had had a cake and centerpieces delivered. When I arrived, the centerpieces were placed appropriately on the large table. Giorgio helped us make several wine selections for the table, which turned out to be perfect and delicious! BTW--The restaurant did not charge a cutting charge for the cake, which is unusual, and was appreciated. Sor Tino is a neighborhood gem, perfect for foodies and we recommend it.Special Features:
- Consistently goodMvbksbVIPDined on 10/12/2013Great Italian food with courteous service. Consistently good always a nice place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of Italy in BrentwoodLAItalianDined on 10/4/2013Very good food and excellent service. Enjoyed a relaxing Friday lunch there very much.Special Features:
- Love Local ItalianLindlouDined on 9/22/2013This is a great place... it's just off the hub bub of San Vicente, and the food is very very good. We enjoyed our dinner on the outside patio. The wine, and the food were excellent. I've been back several timesSpecial Features:
- SolidGoodVIPDined on 9/21/2013This neighborhood eatery is a solid choice for food. I liked that all the tables were well spaced so you're not on top of another diner. The room doesn't feel cozy which is what I expected from an Italian restaurant. The wait staff is polite and efficient but not really friendly. I love Italian restaurants and was hoping for more energy and familiarity. The artichoke salad with shaved parmesan was delicious. I had the linguini and clams which was a bit dry for my taste... I like it to be much more savory and saucy. My friend had the dover sole deboned tableside. Not really an impressive thing, thought the price of $32 for sole a bit much for what it was. ... not spectacular or somewhere I'd go to again.Special Features:
- will be back soonwestlamomDined on 9/8/2013We really enjoyed our dining experience at Sor Tino. We came with a larger group. The food was delicious and the wait staff was perfectly attentive and did not rush us along. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My entree didn't have muchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/3/2013My entree didn't have much flavor. Others in our party, seemed to be happy with their selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pasta we've had in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2013Gnocchi pomodoro and paccheri (short, wide rigatoni) bolognese were both exceptional, easily the best we've had in LA. Chocolate hazelnut torte is an absolutely amazing, one of a kind delicious dessert. Sor Tino is most definitely our new favorite neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.