908 S. Barrington Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sortinorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (310) 442-8466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am-3:00pm
Sunday-Thrusday Dinner: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday and Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Martin Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for more information. We look forward to catering your next important event.
A word from Sor Tino
Following in the successful footsteps of the Ago's in Los Angeles, Miami, and Las Vegas owner/restaurateur Agostino Sciandri is back in Brentwood. He has "brought Italy to our doorsteps" with a menu offering traditional Florentine dishes. An open kitchen with a pizza oven, small and large distressed wood tables, rush chairs enhances the warm and friendly interior. Sciandri adds, “People don’t come here to look ….they come here to eat." Tino, as he is affectionately known, firmly believes that Los Angeles is destined to be this nation’s foremost restaurant city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sor Tino reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (15)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Loved the veal chop!kathe90035VIPDined on 11/1/2014The dinner was so good; a lovely veal chop and vegetables that were not soggy nor over cooked. Bravo!Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood Italian.SpankyVIPDined on 10/22/2014Sor Tino is one of 13 Italian restaurants on a 2 mile stretch in Brentwood. It is not a the very high end, and not at the low end. The atmosphere when sitting on their patio is very nice. The service is very attentive and good, the food is average Italian. It is good, but nothing special. Some of their pasta dishes rise above, while their pizza tends to falls below average for the price point. Their wine prices tend to be a little high. Their bread basket could definitely use some help, given what is being offered at the other 12 restaurants within a mile of it. That said, we do go for the outdoor patio and very nice service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sor TinoOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/19/2014Service by Jean was professional, truly service excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DinnerlunchanddinnerDined on 10/18/2014Came here to enjoy dinner before a show at UCLA. Very close and an easy drive to Royce Hall. There were quite a few families here with their kids adding a few hollers and screeches here and there. The ambiance is suited for adults, and is well maintained. There is a lovely covered patio for dinning. Service was excellent and I highly recommend the pasta with veal ragu. I would come back here again.Special Features:
- A great findLoLoVIPDined on 10/17/2014We have driven by this restaurant for ages and finally we had a chance to go there. What a surprise, friendly, good service and really good food. Can't wait to go back and eat again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was horrible! We had to ask for water and even bread multiple times and wave our hands around in the air to finally get someones attention. The food descriptions were missed represented on the daily special menu. We had to wait over an hour for our food to arrive, and the portions were small. When we finally were able to get the check they made mistakes (which we did find!) Overall a very unsatisfing 21/2 dinner.
- Good food with casual ambiance!VWbhVIPDined on 10/10/2014Enjoy with your honey or with friends...lively and happy vibe!Special Features:
- Stafffing NeededBigGVIPDined on 10/10/2014The place was a zoo, over-packed and under-served. I had to keep asking my companion to repeat herself even though she was almost yelling. Water never got refilled and it took 10 minutes to get a second glass of wine. The grilled calamari salad was rubbery and the rabbit ragu, while very tasty, did not preserve the rabbit flavor I love but instead had a general (tastes-like-chicken) flavor. Dessert was good, but we had learned by then and got berries for one and creme brulee, since we knew they just needed to pick them up. I have been here when it was pleasant and had good food, but the manager in charge Friday should be terminated.
- Delicious tiramisu!!NanaVIPDined on 10/8/2014Our salads were very good although the shrimp salad was a bit bland. The bread was wonderful and we ate too much. The tiramisu was excellent and one of the best I have had in a long time. The service was okay although the waiter should have been a bit more attentive especially since the restaurant was not crowded!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the Italian McDonald'srockrikVIPDined on 10/6/2014Each one of the four of us had a starter and entree, and all felt that the dishes lacked real flavor and finesse. They were all edible but that's about as far as it goes. Mediocrity is not something worth striving for.Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 10/4/2014I have been back several times and will continue to go back. The food is very good, reasonably priced and the service is excellent. They have an excellent wine list and I always appreciate their suggestions about which one to have with dinner.Special Features:
- Friendly ServiceFusionFiendVIPDined on 9/4/2014I have wanted to try this restaurant for months and finally had a chance to visit. The staff is terrific at this restaurant. Very friendly, fun, engaging. I was not overwhelmed by the food, but the service and attentive staff was very nice. The recommended wine was great. I think a few things could use some improvement (but I probably didn't order the right things). I ordered a risotto with seafood. I felt the seafood was over-cooked. The special salad was good and included plenty of nice mushrooms. However, the bread wasn't very good and probably should be left uncut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!BHReviewer2VIPDined on 8/27/2014We hadn't been to Sor Tino for some time & are so glad we returned. We tried 2 specials of the day the fennel salad, lightly dressed & flavorful & the sea bass that was simply prepared, very moist & absolutely delicious. The wine recommendation was very good & our server was most attentive. This is definitely our new go to neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodljg1Dined on 8/16/2014very mundane food- nothing special about ambience - good wine-Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Sor Tino reviews archive.
- Comme Ina vacanza!IdoLVIPDined on 7/20/2014It is like being on a holiday inItaly. Lovely food ; very Italian service and lovely wines! We love to sit and dine there. I am looking forward to the next vacation (time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pasta everCanyongalDined on 7/12/2014I've been all over the world, all over Italia especially. I love pasta, and the paglia e fieno (egg noodles with a light cream sauce, peas and ham) may have been the most delicious pasta I have ever had. I recall the first carbonara I had in Rome, and this dish ranks right up there for memorable. My friends had fish that they enjoyed, and my husband loved the Tuscan steak with mushroom sauce. Affordable wine as well, though they have some high end as well. Our server was wonderful, attentive but not overdoing it. Nice young man from Fruili who put up with my rusty Italian. We had a lovely corner table on the patio, quiet. They let us sit there forever it seemed, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindlouDined on 7/10/2014I love the food here, and especially enjoy eating outside. The pasta is terrific, the ahi tuna starter is also very good. I've had several salads; all good.Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 6/21/2014My first time at this restaurant. The manager selected an excellent bottle of wine within my price range. Our server was very pleasant and extremely helpful with suggestions about dinner even though very busy. Great food. I will come back.Special Features:
- Consistently good.labelmanceVIPDined on 6/10/2014The wild boar papperdelle is reason enough to go. But never had a mediocre meal here no matter the choice. Inside is a bit noisy so we prefer outdoor. Very good choice in an area crowded with good Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Great real Northern Italian FoodIdoLVIPDined on 6/3/2014Sor Tino did not disappoint again. The food is great and when taking in perspective the prices are reasonable. Unless you go for the full portions per person. The feel is like a real Italian patio and in general the staff is great. Just... due to a couple of loud and obscene customers the night could have been spoiled. We will go back definitely, but are hopeful that the loud customers will not be there at that time.Special Features:
- Very specialrcooDined on 5/20/2014Both times we have eaten here it has been an outstanding meal. From the wine through desert all is excellent. Very special place.Special Features:
- Sor Tino is a winnerEricJDined on 4/20/2014From the friendly and generous servers and hosts, to the various entrees our party of 6 ordered, our dinner at Sor Tino was a delightful early evening. I heartily recommend this little neighborhood gem to anyone looking to enjoy an unhurried, delicious Italian meal.Special Features:
- Nothing to recommendBaileyDined on 4/11/2014Service was terrible, food was tasteless and there were no prices on the Specials menu or on the blackboard. I don't know if they have changed owners, but this used to be a great little neighborhood restaurant with good food and wonderful service. We won't be going back.
- Love that they make you feelBrentwoodhomieVIPDined on 4/4/2014Love that they make you feel like a regular, appreciate you coming in and the food is always excellent and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Italian restaurantFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/25/2014Sor Tino has long been my favorite Italian restaurant on the westside - the Insalata di Pollipo is the best I've had outside of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our 2nd time at SorLarryVIPDined on 3/23/2014This was our 2nd time at Sor Tino and it was equally as good as the 1st. It is reasonably priced too. It will continue to be our "go to" choice for dinner before a concert at UCLA Royce Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to going backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014Had a wonderful dining experience and we are looking forward to coming back. Everything we ordered was a standout dish. The fettuccine with black truffles was outstanding (we ordered as an appetizer to split) as was the spinach/ricotta ravioli in a saffron sauce. The grilled branzino was simply prepared, yet perfectly cooked and deliscious. We didn't make it to dessert; just too full. The service was a tad slow in the beginning, but we weren't in any hurry and actually enjoyed the leisurely pace. I highly recommend a visit to Sor Tino.Special Features:
- great neighborhood Italian FoodLindlouDined on 2/28/2014I've been here at least 4 times and have always enjoyed my food. The ambiance is nice, the staff is friendly and the selection is always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten here before andLeneVIPDined on 2/19/2014Have eaten here before and enjoyed it more then. Had the spaghetti with soft shell crab and was disappointed, pieces of crab not totally edible as it should be.Special Features:
- good timeslackieDined on 2/18/2014Our second visit and we were delighted by the improved serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful spotStephenDined on 2/16/2014Sor Tino is a wonderful place to go a Italian in Brentwood, There is a great Patio and the food and service are first rate.. burning oven delivers great Pizza as well as great Steaks and the Pasta is all homemade..its a winner!!Special Features:
- Good casual neighborhood placeAmirVIPDined on 2/14/2014Decent Italian food, good service, usually fun ambianceSpecial Features:
- loud!pigeonVIPDined on 2/8/2014Too noisy on the patio to even have a conversation with our friends. Not our style to eat that way. We have been before and enjoyed it, but this was unbearable. Fish platter was pretty good, but the halibut was tough, and the plate not attractive. Sor Tino - You can do better!Special Features:
- A Real FindNanaVIPDined on 2/3/2014Terrific margarita pizza-thin crust and very tasty. Delicious eggplant parmigan and pasta Bolognese. However 10.00 for 2 small scoops of coconut sorbet was outrageous and 4.00 for a cup of tea?? Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that veal chop!kathe90035VIPDined on 1/30/2014The food is wonderful, the service impeccable; and they do not over season. What more could I ask?Special Features:
- It's a good size restaurantLarryVIPDined on 1/26/2014It's a good size restaurant with large patio area in front. If I lived in that neighborhood, it would be a good fall-back for Italian dining. The food is good and the prices are moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was excellent; managerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014food was excellent; manager and bus staff very efficient and accommodating; our waiter was annoying and totally inefficient. If not for his service, restaurant would be an excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent crispy pizza; wildMikeBVIPDined on 1/16/2014Excellent crispy pizza; wild boar ragu is wonderful.Special Features:
- Romantic ambiance; okay foodDeepakDined on 1/11/2014My girlfriend and I recently dined at Sor Tino. The restaurant is great for dates and special occasions: It has good lighting, it's not too quiet or loud, and has a nice enclosed patio. The service is good too. Unfortunately, it's quite pricey and the food doesn't really deliver given the price. We had the mushroom risotto and butternut squash ravioli with saffron. The risotto was okay-- a bit undercooked and bland. The ravioli was better, but still lacked flavor, even with the saffron. Overall, pretty average Italian in a city with plenty of good Italian options.Special Features:
- Good for "stammgasts"paulVIPDined on 1/11/2014My wife's pasta with clams was very good, my pasta w/urchin was tasteless and calamari appetizer was very good, unfortunately cold. Bigger problem was the service -- not only very slow, but attention was more given to "locals", while we were sitting in the back of the patio and because there was only one old heater with only 2 functions -- very hot or closed -- the "locals" demanded the heater closed, while our request for a little warm was accepted only for a minute and so we had to eat with coats on and still freezing. Being it Saturday ( though at 6:30 PM), the inside room was "reserved" for locals and our reservation was only patio...Special Features: