265 Davenport Road
Toronto, ON M5R 1J9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sopra.ca/
- Phone: (416) 929-9006
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Capra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Sopra has always provided for its clientele the best of entertainment, whether it’s, live music, DJ's, or unique performances.
Dinner service is accompanied by live musical entertainment providing a sultry ambiance unlike any other in the city.
During our late night club hours, Sopra offers you an array of the best DJ's in the city and internationally.
Exclusive to the Winter months, we provide live bands every Friday night.
A word from Sopra Lounge
Sopra, located above the acclaimed restaurant Mistura – is Toronto’s premiere place for gourmet Italian Food & Entertainment. With a chic & relaxed atmosphere for dinner & plenty of dance floor for later on, Sopra is a complete night out for any enthusiast. The vision of its partners (Paolo Paolini & Chef Massimo Capra) has created a comfortable and enticing setting in an elegant upscale atmosphere. Sopra Upper Lounge features contemporary international cuisine changing seasonally, created by Executive Chef Massimo Capra & Chef De Cuisine Derek VonRaesfeld and a compliment of superior staff. An extensive Wine & Martini list & attentive, courteous servers add to the appeal. General Manager George Scandalis: "Sopra prides itself on being more than a fine dining restaurant, catering to an elite lifestyle. We offer a complete experience with the highest quality of food, entertainment, and service."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sopra Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sopra was recommended by friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Sopra was recommended by friends. The food was fantastic and so was the entertainment. We had a memorable evening and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Sopra a Bitter DisappointmentChowhoundgtaDined on 3/9/2013The ambiance was interestingly a balance of classy, mixed with youthfully under dressed female 20-something year olds and older men. A large piano took helm at the front, and on this occasion, The touchy-feely Trevor Gowan played and sang at the keys. Our appetizer of scallops was tasty. However, my sea bass (from where I'm not sure) was delicious in itself, but made bland by the sliced radish ornament on top of it. Really a good piece of fish with the wrong accompaniment. My partner's stripped sea bass was a colorful hunk of meat, that exuded goodness but disappointed the palate. Paired with a bitter radicchio, it really was rather awful. Dessert was unmemorable. A chocolate something or other that thankfully, didn't offend.Special Features:
- great place especially whenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013great place especially when piano bar singer is thereSpecial Features:
- Would not return.InaraaDined on 2/14/2013We booked for Valentines day (myself and my husband). We've been to many restaurants in this area and heard good things so figured we would try it out. We were told we'd be seated in a booth with a pianist and special guest performer. When we arrived we were take to a second room with no view of the front (main) room where the entertainers were. I made the request for what was promised and was told it wouldn't be possible by a curt server (not sure why it wasn't possible when, as she told us, the seating had been done a few hours earlier, or why our reservation didn't warrant seating up front - no extra charges to sit up front and they had described this to be our seating. Bill took 20 min to arrive, visa machine didn't work, bad dessert.
- Well taken care of!montycynDined on 11/24/2012We went to Sopra Upper Lounge on a LivingSocial deal - a well priced night out for 4 of us prior to the holiday madness. This can be tricky - some restaurants are kind of off-hand with the folks who use those deals. The story couldn't have been more the opposite at Sopra. We were greated with enthusiasm and escorted to a wonderful table. Service throughout the night was attentive without being obtrusive and we were treated like kings. The food was wonderful - a 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings. From the truffle in the first course to through the addictive beet risotto to the decadent brownie we enjoyed every bite and every wine. In a state of bliss we ordered more coffees and digestifs to make the magic last. A great night!Special Features:
- Good but not greatTODinerVIPDined on 11/3/2012Much hyped because of the celeberity chef but everyone in my group found the food to be very, very heavy. Tasty, but heavy. I have not had a meal like this in 20 years. I hear that the room becomes a party some nights but not this one.
- Disappointed with food. HalibutmissemsttDined on 10/13/2012Disappointed with food. Halibut was overcooked and tough even though recommended by Massimo himself. I always find the food to be lacking. It's as if you come upstairs and the quality level drops. However the service was very good. I think I might return but only for appetizers and drinks and of course the dancing.
- Excellent place with wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2012Excellent place with wonderful food and piano bar - highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Best Italian in Toronto I've found!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/20121st time @Sopra - For the quality of foods they serve & the posh ambiance, the staff was friendly & made me feel at home! Started with a platter of mixed succulent apps; Crunchy Artichokes in juicy Tomato salad, lick-your-fingers-clean glazed Lamb Ribs, & a delicate Carpaccio roll which was simply, perfect! We split a serving of the Boar Ravioli & Beet Risotto, (Chef’s specialty dish) both of which were heavenly Italian cuisine. Had a Hen Roll main course which was perfectly crunchy & salty outside, (wrapped in Pancetta) & juicy on the inside, filled with a Veg medley. The entertainment was a beautiful R&B singer, accompanied by a soulful pianist, and a house DJ who inspired us to get up & dance afterwards! Will go back! AWESOME Wines!Special Features:
- The scene was nice, the singersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The scene was nice, the singers were good from what I could hear over the loudness of people. Bread was stale and food was overpriced for the quality delivered. There was nothing special about the steak or sea bass - missing a lot of flavour if one is going to server something so basic. The menu could have had additional sides listed, opposed to having to ask if there are any sides available; such as potatoes. The waiters were unable to answer a lot of questions and didn't seem to communicate with one another. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great meal....great service.ViniHollywoodDined on 11/5/2011Great meal....great service. A little noisy after 10 pm when it turns into a lounge. I liked the old jazz / blues vibe of old rather than the new club scene with the DJ.Special Features:
- I dined at Mistura once andmarisaDined on 11/4/2011I dined at Mistura once and the experience wasn't that great. I wasnt satisfied with what I ordered and when Chef Massimo came out to talk to me I found him quite rude almost like he was offeneded that I didn't like his food. I decided to give it a second chance and dine at Sopra and again I wasn't satisfied with the food. I had the beef cooked medium and when it was brought out to me it was pre cut the side of grilled veggies was sparse and there were no juices coming out from the meat. We ended up passing on desert. The wine was good! They have a great selection. It was also too loud, my friends and I had to shout across the table. I wouldn't go back a third time nor would I reccommend this place to my friends.Special Features:
- Food Great; Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2011As always food was great. Unusual experience this time in that the service was fair. Not very attentive, somewhat rude - seemed indifferent to us, which is surprising given that we were one of the only tables in the restaurant on a Friday night.
- they need to get a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2011they need to get a better dj - he was too busy taking pictures with randoms rather then playing the music! Piano player was wonderful (truly talented) but the singer could have been betterSpecial Features:
- This place is located aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011This place is located above Mistura, and are owned by the same group. We choose this because it had a live Pianist, which really made it enjoyable. Went for my Wedding Anniversary, received a complementary champagne. The food selection is pretty small, but it is a lounge, so if you want a large selection you would go to Mistura. It's selection is the more popular dishes available downstairs. Food was cooked very well, I highly recommend the Cornish hen. The staff was very receptive, and even when our waiter was caught up with a larger group the Manager took our orders. Before we left the manager even came out of his way to make sure we enjoyed the evening. We will come back as we enjoyed our eveningSpecial Features: