Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue- Chicago
700 North Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue- Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sophies.com/
- Phone: (312) 525-3400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Wednesday
10:00am – 11:00am Breakfast
11:00am – 4:30pm Lunch
4:30pm – 7:00pm Cocktail Menu
Thursday – Saturday
10:00am – 11:00am Breakfast
11:00am – 4:30pm Lunch
4:30pm – 8:00pm Cocktail Menu
11:00am – 4:30pm Lunch
4:30pm – 7:00pm Cocktail Menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Aleman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our locale and atmosphere provide a special backdrop a variety of corporate and social occasions. Saks Fifth Avenue is synonymous with luxury and style. Add exquisite food and drink you have the makings of a truly memorable event. Sophie's is available for morning, afternoon, and evening events. We offer versatile space for corporate and social occasions and accommodate everything from cocktail parties to elegant formal dinners. Chef Aleman and the Sophie's team will work with you to create an event that meets your specific needs. It is what we love to do!
A word from Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue- Chicago
Named Chicago Magazine's Best Michigan Avenue Lunch Spot, Sophie's features Chef Ron Aleman’s seasonal menu and sweeping Magnificent Mile views. Situated on the 7th floor of Saks Fifth Avenue, Sophie’s offers innovative American cooking made from the finest available local ingredients. Creative daily specials complement a selection of entrees, salads, and sandwiches. Craft cocktails are also fresh and seasonal and we offer a thoughtfully curated list of wines by the glass. Stop by for lunch, cocktails, or weekend brunch. Saks' express elevator takes you directly to the 7th floor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue- Chicago - Best Restaurants in Near North ›
Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue- Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (30)scenic view (25)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (12)special occasion (8)good for groups (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great for brunch with the girls.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Amazing food, view and grapefruit mimosas! Definitely coming here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, but slippingJeff0616VIPDined on 11/15/2014Things have slipped since the last visit. It's almost like they've given up. Food is fine, server was trying way too hard and seemed new. They dropped the bread and dips without even explaining, and the hummus was hard as a rock. For a Saturday lunch, the dining room was barely 1/3 full and mostly an older crowd. It's too bad, this place had potential.I would recommend this to a friend.
- K3kidVIPDined on 11/6/2014A gem within a lovely store. Good choice on menu. Everything is tasty and nicely presented with no pretense. French fries and sweet potato fries are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2014What a lovely surprise. I had been searching for a place to take my friend for her birthday. I had no idea Saks had put in a restaurant. The view is amazing, the tables are spaced well and it is quiet. The menu is varied with many choices. It's even easy to park around there with the new meters. This is a place to try..Special Features:
- Simply Sensational!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Best veggies, view, service and entrées! Thank you for such a wonderful lunch and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CB1939Dined on 10/4/2014We had a wonderful evening celebrating both our birthdays.Quie place,elegant,great food and great value.The staff could have been more gracious.Higly recommended.Special Features:
- Sophie's, designing dining!dinerdianneDined on 9/28/2014Even though Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue was named after a fashion designer, it's definitely not just for the fashion minded. A delightful spot for lunch after shopping or for brunch on Sunday, the entrees and sides were very fresh, artistic, and flavorful. I enjoyed the goat cheese and asparagus omelet, accompanied by fresh fruit and fried potatoes. My friend had the designer club sandwich, accompanied by taro chips, and a fruit plate. She loved all of it and had nothing to take home with her! We sat by a window with a beautiful view of the Mag Mile. We loved the modern decor and the beautiful black and white pictures on the walls. Our waitress was attentive and told us the history behind the name "Sophie" which we really appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion LunchmccoyVIPDined on 9/18/2014I highly recommended this restaurant to my colleagues at work. We planned a luncheon for someone who was leaving the hospital. We were very disappointed in the very slow service, the food (crab cake) was not fresh. When we walked into the restaurant there was no one to greet us and a cook happened to be walking by, grabbed some menus and sat us down. We needed to ask for things twice. I prearranged a dessert and that was messed up too. My colleagues said will not return, they'd rather go to Fig and Olive, Forty Carotts. They plan on trying the new revamped Neiman Marcus restaurant re-opening in October. I was totally embarrassed and subsequently apologized to everyone and promised the gal I would take her out on some future date.
- ExcellentStephanieVIPDined on 9/9/2014We were so welcomed while lunching at Sophies! Maître d, chef and our waitress Marisol were outstanding! Food was excellent and I dine out quite frequently my mothers grilled octopus she says was the best! Lobster waldorf excellent! Dessert delivered by chef was amazing! Highly recommend to all! Service A plus as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I took my granddaughter whose name is Sophie (13) and told the maitre'd---no fuss was made and that's OK, but they missed an opportunity to have a kid brag about it.....the food was as good as the last time I ate there. Unless you get a window table you have to strain to look out at Michigan Ave...you do see roof tops though. They should have a trinket to give away or something with their name that a kid would like. I'll still go back.Special Features:
- shopper's lunchoffbeatannieDined on 8/27/2014Nice quiet spot in SFA for a break from a day of shopping. Good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonanaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed lunch. 5 different entrees. Entrees are small plates but prices are the same elsewhere for a larger entree.Special Features:
- Updates on TraditionShowDogVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very creative menu of traditional luncheon foods. The bacon, tomato jam for the summer BBQ burger is a new twist on conventional ketchup and the jalapeños, although fried still have a kick. The designer club is an updated version of the classic club, and excludes the third piece of superfluous bread.Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue- Chicago reviews archive.
- Good for lunch.EagleDined on 7/28/2014A good place for lunch in a good location. Food is very good, noise level can be excessive.Special Features:
- Hidden gem...hutvchvVIPDined on 7/27/2014Love this place. Great food. The menu is a little limited, but don't worry...there are plenty of options. It's perfect spot tucked away on the top floor of Saks. The service is great and Christopher, the host takes good care of everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting for lunchK3kidVIPDined on 7/22/2014Sophie's is a great find! What a lovely bright space from which to view the Water Tower and the Mag Mile. Food options were inviting and my choice of the lobster salad roll rivaled any I have had in Cape Cod! Good food, comfortable setting, gracious service made for a wonderful lunch at which to enjoy conversation with friends. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Better places for the priceChicagoresident1Dined on 7/22/2014Food was good but way too pricey for overall atmosphere and experience. It feels like a chunk out men's department was eliminated and added a restaurant. Need walls or something to make it feel like a restaurant .Special Features:
- Hip new spot.BootsVIPDined on 7/8/2014A little over-priced vs it's competitors and not enough vegetarian choices , but still a lovely and special place and a great place to entertain. Nice to have something like this on Michigan Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodjjddk317Dined on 7/4/2014Mediocre food, mediocre desserts, good latte It's an "okay" place to grab lunch while you are shopping at saks but there's nothing too special about it.
- Great lunch and view!AllisonBVIPDined on 6/28/2014Everyone loved their lunch, I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- RedshoesRedshoesDined on 6/27/2014A chic and almost cozy dining Mecca for the busy shopper with deep $$$ pockets. Interesting menu, attentive staff, great view of Michigan Avenue but a bit noisey for gossip or a serene meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not specialFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014I had heard about Sophie, the view to Michigan ave was great, service was good but the waiter looked bored and not too enthusiastic. I ordered the crab cakes and they smelled and tasted fishy. The truffle fried were amazing though and the cappuccino was delicious. So over all, worth trying but would not return there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Look & Feel - CosyClassyDined on 6/12/2014This was a nice location for a lunch with friends. We were looking for something classy, close to work with a good menu and we found it. I have had much better lobster rolls so would not have that selection again but would definitely try another selection and choose this spot again.Special Features:
- White Walls, Chairs & TablesEmeraldOnGreenDined on 6/8/2014With white walls, chairs and tables, this hidden spot was pleased to accomediate a table of 5, plus a highchair for lunch. We talked and laugh without anyone rushing us to leave on a Sunday afternoon. The food was light, not heavy and good. I ordered the crab cake Benedict with a glass of grapefruit momosa but 3 hrs later, I was hungry. The staff was charming, they all took a liking to my curly hair daughter and seemed to be okay with the messy floor under her highchair. I would def have brunch or lunch here again while shopping on Michigan Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for lunchmccoyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great spot with delicious food and good service.Special Features:
- nice addition to Michigan AvenuelivetoeatVIPDined on 6/5/2014I've been here twice now and been pleasantly surprised. I've enjoyed the shrimp risotto and lobster waldorf. My daughter had the lobster roll the other day. Lots of lobster on both dishes. It's a small and intimate restaurant and I think better food and atmosphere than the Zodiac on top of Neiman's.Special Features:
- WonderfulcityplaceVIPDined on 6/2/2014Lovely atmosphere in saks. Had the grilled cheese sandwich and soup. Very upscale and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophie's a nice additionKelseyinChicagoVIPDined on 5/23/2014Sophie's at Saks is a very pleasant restaurant overlooking Michigan Ave. Attractive crowd and very nice service. Quite expensive thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousmccoyVIPDined on 5/17/2014We love Sophie's! The food is delicious and they have a great view of Michigan Avenue. Great service too. Plan on dining there often.Special Features:
- Sophie's a Gem on the Mag MileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014We needed a last minute brunch for Mother's Day. Crain's Chicago said check out this place on the 7th floor of Saks Fifth Avenue. It just opened in January and no one knows about it! The view is great, the food fresh and amazing, the service is personal. It is cozy. I will definitely go again! Very low key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophie's overlooking the citydonna327Dined on 5/10/2014I took my mom here for our annual Mother's day Lunch and she loved it. We were seated by a window so she was able to look out at the city and enjoy the view. The food was really something special. She had the crab cakes and I had the specialty burger. Both with truffle fries. Yum!!! The atmosphere was beautiful. I really hope this is a restaurant that will last. It is worth itSpecial Features:
- Sophie's is special for lunchamylahVIPDined on 5/9/2014Small, intimate and polished is how I'd describe Sophie's. I found it a bit pricey so I would limit my visits for special occasions. The lobster roll sandwich was quite good but awkward to pick up -- knife and fork required on this one. I chose the taro chips as my side and found them a bit bland. Lovely view of Michigan Avenue and great spot for an intimate lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchTTessDined on 5/7/2014Service and food were both great. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophies - A fun choiceJohnVIPDined on 4/29/2014A great place to get away from it all in the middle of downtown Chicago. Excellent Kale Ceasar salad among other great offerings on their small menu. We've been several times and have not been disappointed.
- $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/23/2014Have been there a few times; very pricey for offerings.Special Features:
- Great ViewcityplaceVIPDined on 4/23/2014I've eaten here before. The crab cake appetizer is wonderful. The room is beautiful with a great view. Some of the menu items are a bit pricey for lunch. Love the bread toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work in progressJimmyVIPDined on 4/10/2014The day that we dined at Sophie's, the fryer was not working, so no French fries, and they are curently having trouble with their wine supplier. Other than that, it was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchmccoyVIPDined on 4/8/2014Food was delicious! Second time there and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!jkmdVIPDined on 3/19/2014Didn't know that a restaurant had opened in Saks. Stumbled on it and it was like being transported to another world -- gorgeous gem of a restaurant, with a spectacular view and absolutely delicious food. Highly professional service. I'm thinking this is where power lunches are going to be. Note to Sophie's -- dinner???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, nicely presented.ComensalVIPDined on 3/18/2014Tasty food, nicely presented. Bright, airy space. Congenial, helpful staff. Teeny-tiny portions (to be fair, we bought the “Chef’s Week” special menu, and the portions may have been downsized for this promotion). Sak’s prices. All in all, good pricey fun. The menu is very appealing, certain to have something good for every taste. The cooking was top-notch: very fresh ingredients, cooked epertly, commendable flavor combinations and balance. The wines by the glass are good choices and fairly priced. Everyone was helpful and, for the most part, showed good training and appropriate polish (our server could have been a bit more reserved, but that’s no big deal). I recommend Sophie’s if you’re looking for a lovely $100-ish lunch for two…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.