Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
3545 Pine Ridge Road
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sophiasitaliano.com/about.htm
- Phone: 2395970744
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano specializes in homemade pasta's made fresh daily in Sophia's own pasta kitchen. You will only find the most authentic Italian cuisine cooked just like momma does it. For the wine aficinado Sophia's features one of the most impressive wine lists in the area. Sophia's offers elegance in Italian dining - Just what Naples has been missing. Not in the mood for Pasta, try the bella Sophia - Filet of Sole - Simply superb! Sophia's offers a variety of fish, chicken, veal and fillet dinners to suit any appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (15)special occasion (12)romantic (10)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fabulous!NaplesFoodieDined on 9/11/2014I'm pretty picky about Italian food since I cook so much of it myself. I really enjoyed our meal here. I had the homemade linguini with white clam sauce and it was simple, fresh, delicious and loaded with clams. My husband had the veal and thought it was one of the better ones he's had. Our waiter was great, attentive without rushing us, which is my pet peeve. The wine list is impressive and contained many great but reasonable wines to choose from. Even the dessert was terrific. We are definitely returning here and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experiencePudgecoticoDined on 9/4/2014The wine was good, but the food was not great , the veal was to flat , the pasta over cooked and to much sauce , presentation terrible we did not eat desert because the presentation was not good , the server should explain the menu I had a mussels as a appetizer after that the suppa , he should let me know this dish has more mussels , I know is about to sale but they should know better, wine was good , honesty was not a good experience was my husband birthday and he did not like the food , the veal with the balsamic was not a good idea, salad was very bad , thank you but I will not go back.
- CruiseVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food and service was great. The Broccoli Rabe Con Salsicia Picante was to die for, and also the Ravioli Pomodoro and Shrimp Scampi over homemade pasta. Large portions had to bring some home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014The best Italian food in Naples. The homemade pasta makes the differenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in NaplesSophiaDined on 8/23/2014This is the best Italian restaurant in Naples. We drove by it for years thinking it was a hotel restaurant. We finally stopped out of curiosity and had a fantastic meal. Any veal dish is outstanding but try the veal chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful as evermeloutlookVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our repeat visit was delightful as ever. Service, martinis and food impeccable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair italianCMBJDined on 8/11/2014We felt that service was very slow for "off-season". Our meal was fair. The couple joining us had much better food.Special Features:
- fantastic..a real Gem!KIKIDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful find, very knowledgeable staff regarding the menu and wine list. Casual as attire or dress up if you would like. A bit on the pricey side dinner entrees are $20 and up. Extensive wine list . I would recommend reservations. Amazing food .. very authentic..it felt as close to home as possible and I was born in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!DebsdinnerDined on 7/24/2014My daughter and I had a delicious sample special at Sophia's. Best eggplant Parmesan I have had in years! The homemade ravioli was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very consistantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014We have been to Sophias many times. It is always very consistent. The pasta dishes are homemade and they are very willing to accommodate special requests. The Dover sole is excellent as well. The owners and employees want to make sure your total dining experience is exceptional. Milos makes the best rum runner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We live in NYC, but travel to Naples, FL a couple times a year. We always make it a point to eat here. Amazing food and nice servers. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Sophia'sMrMalbecDined on 7/5/2014We frequent Sophia's because the food and service are superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ItalianRborriVIPDined on 6/30/2014We always visit Sophia's when we're in Naples. It's a fabulous restaurant with perfectly prepared dishes, great service and an owner who is dedicated and caring. They always remember us and what we liked to eat making our visit very special. Love Love Love Sophia's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/30/2014Sophia's was awesome. The house made pastas were great and plentiful. The menu and wine list had great variety and contained everything you could expect or want from an Italian restaurant. The seafood and salads were all fresh and flavorful. The service was excellent and we really enjoyed meeting the owner and the restaurant's namesake at the end of our meal. One of the best Italian restaurants I've experienced, and I've been to many all over the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantPeachy1Dined on 5/30/2014Food was good, with a large choice on the menu. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Great service. All including owner were friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately there were two large groups next us who were competing to speak to each other. Other than that, I would recommend.Special Features:
- The following 318 reviews are from the Sophia's Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Usually excellent - not this timeJSF22VIPDined on 5/25/2014We have dined often at Sophia's and had always found it a pleasant, relaxing experience, like going to an Italian neighbor's home for a great home cooked meal. This time it was like going to a neighbor's home when their family was there and they didn't really intend for you to come. Shortly after we arrived, another party of three was seated right next to us. They knew the owner, who spent nearly the entire evening being very loud and jovial with them, standing next to their table with his backside facing me in rather close proximity. It really ruined the evening. And for the first time the food was not great. My linguine was overcooked and mushy; my wife's ravioli was undercooked and hard. I doubt we will return.
- Great foodBotbotVIPDined on 5/19/2014All of the pasta is homemade and quite delicate. Great sauces! Try the pasta trio special. Good wine list!Special Features:
- Great people and terrific food.Carsan43Dined on 5/11/2014We have been dining at Sophia's since they opened 4 plus years ago and have enjoyed our meals tremendously....I can't say enough about the service...they treat you like family....try it, you're sure to be back.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2014Everything about our dinner was great. We had caprese app which was fresh and fantastic. I had veal francese and my wife had homemade pasta. Veal was tender and was cooked perfect and pasta was super fresh. One of my new favorite restaurants in Naples.Special Features:
- Best upscale Italian in townFLJudiDined on 5/3/2014This is not just a pizza, spaghetti and meatballs place. Pasta is homemade, ingredients fresh, sauces impeccable. No out of the jar tastes here. Fish is fresh, meats prepared as ordered. Waiters are well trained and professional. Owner is almost always there and involved. We're full time locals and this is our pick for a gourmet night out.Special Features:
- A great find...SDouglasVIPDined on 5/2/2014So glad our hotel suggested we try Sophia's. Every bite was fabulous. And a great wine list! We will come back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodMaggieDined on 4/26/2014Good food and service but do not sit down near the area that parties sit. We had a loud girls birthday party that made conversation with my husband very difficult. The restaurant is expensive and a good meal can be ruined by loud parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealJCNaplesDined on 4/21/2014Sophia's never disappoints. I've dined there several times and tried various dishes and I've never had less than an wonderful experience. The staff is attentive, the food is authentic and the ambiance appealing.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantTonyEDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I vowed to stay away from chains on this vacation and Sophia's was a great local find. My son loved his homemade spaghetti, my daughter's chicken parm was thin and full of flavor, my veal piccatta was second only to my wife's, and her pappardelle bolognese was out of this world. The homemade pasta with each dish was also outstanding. Don't miss Sophia's!!!Special Features:
- on the way to "The Phil"OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2014We tried Sophia's because it was on our way to a concert at the Naples' Philharmonic, but we will be back! The waiter was friendly, attentive and helpful. The menu has something to please everyone, including kids. The beautiful decor enhanced our dining pleasure. I would have preferred a veal chop that was not pounded to paper-thinness, but that was how it is described on the menu, and was delicious. The pasta is home-made and excellent. We had no room for dessert, but the coffee was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/11/2014We had reservations at 830 but came at 730 and they accommodated us right away, even though they were quite busy on a Friday night. The bottle of wine we wanted was out if stock so we ordered the one one the table for a bit more, but it was worth it! The menu is large but was explained to us as were the specials. The food is fabulous, very authentic Italian. Our server was great even though it was busy. Would highly recommend if in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian RestaurantNiceVIPDined on 4/10/2014Sophia's is the best Italian Restaurant in Naples! All the pasta is homemade..my favorite dish is the chicken parm and the lasagna is so good! We are taking our friends from the UK this week and always excited to dine at Sophia's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples Best Italian food!MermaidMomVIPDined on 4/7/2014Sophia's is the absolute BEST Italian restaurant in Naples!! Their food is delicious, the menu gives you many choices and the service is outstanding. The only thing wrong with dining at Sophia's is that when we go back up North in the spring, we have to spend months craving their wonderful food until we return! Please, try this amazing restaurant! You won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- naples eatingitalianoDined on 4/6/2014the food was good. But too much sauce on the fish and the pasta was very gummy and sticky and couldn't really eat. My husbands pasta with the bolognese sauce was perfect. The veal chop was delicious. Stick to the italian food and not the fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceItalian2Dined on 4/5/2014Definitely a favorite will return! Food & service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best if not theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2014One of the best if not the best Italian food in Naples. The homemade pasta is Simply wonderful and the suppe de pecse is more than two people can eat!Special Features:
- Awesome Italian RestaurantNiceVIPDined on 4/2/2014This is our favorite Italian Restaurant in Naples, FL! The chicken parmesan is awesome! The lasagna reminds us of Rome Italy! The bolognese homemade sauce is so good We recommend this Restaurant to all of our friends & to people we meet when we are out dining! AWESOMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodMareDined on 3/29/2014From the appetizers to the main entrees - all was very good. Great Papparadelle Pasta with ragu - fantastic, the veal fantastic and the osso buco fantastic. "G" our server - she is the best - She completes your meal!Special Features:
- Best Italian hands downBestfindVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been to most of the recommended Italian restaurants and this is by far the best and one to go to. Great homemade pasta, large portions and reasonable prices. Our table had spaghetti and meatballs, linguini and clams, chicken parm and lobster Milanese. All phenomenal. The lobster was the star for creativity. Never had anything like it...14 oz pounded tail with great flavor. Skip the others and go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MANAGERFarmerDined on 3/28/2014THE MANAGER WAS FUN FROM THE TIME WE ENTERED THE RESTAURANT STOPPING BY ON OCCASSION TO SEE ALL WAS WELL AND ADDED A GESTURE AT THE RIGHT TIME. ALL WENT WELL THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough for an Italian!BostonianDined on 3/27/2014We went for dinner and the food was good enough to satisfy someone raised on an immigrants Italian cooking. Food was served quickly and HOT! Service was wonderful and our server was very attentive. Don't be fooled by it's outdoor appearance, as its in an area where there is a hotel and Harley dealership. We didn't have dessert but we did see some and they looked good. I did see the sfogliatelle and they looked small even for getting two. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- ExcellentCasualdiner7Dined on 3/27/2014We had dinner at Sophias for the first time and will return again. We had four people at our table and no one was disappointed in their meal. In fact, everyone one had a left over to take home. EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- Dependable1234VIPDined on 3/26/2014We just found Sophia's this year and it is our third time dining there. The owner is always there and greets the guests. He worked with us last time until we found a table location that was enjoyable. His wine suggestions are reasonably priced and interesting Italian wines. Servers are personable and efficient. Try it....I know you will like it. I left out the most important....the food is exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Support local restaurantsLocalladyVIPDined on 3/25/2014There are scads of Italian restaurants in Naples but this one takes you to Italy. I love that it is locally owned and operated. The menu is extensive. The wait staff saw that we were having a good time conversing with table mates and did not rush us. It's about the food and friendliness, not turning the tables 3 times a night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.