Sopapilla's - Hendersonville
300 Indian Lake Blvd
Hendersonville, TN 37075Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sopapilla's - Hendersonville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6157949989
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sopapilla's - Hendersonville
SOPAPILLA'S: A Taste of New Mexico. Owner Steve Dale hopes to bring to the south a taste of what he grew up on in New Mexico and Arizona.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sopapilla's - Hendersonville reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)great for lunch (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great New Mexican Cuisinejydiner24Dined on 9/6/2014If you like Mexican, then you have to try Sopapilla's New Mexican version. Everything we have tried is so full of favor. The ambiance is great and we've always had good service. The name sake dessert is awesome to finish things off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!YumEats1Dined on 8/23/2014We are now regulars at Sopapillas. And we don't become regulars often. Thank you, Sopapillas for another great dining experience!Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The best food in Hendersonville with nothing comparable. Fresh. made from scratch, delicious dishes that never disappoint Also the only restaurant that accepts reservations in the areawhich is a huge bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 59bonnevilleDined on 8/12/2014Service was poor, waited for almost 30 minutes for our server to return after bringing our drinks to take our order and then she never returned and the manager came over and took our order. My friend ordered another beer and it was never brought, he finally had to get up and go to the bar and get it himself. Very poor service for a Tuesday night that was not very busy with a lot of patrons!
- food was greatPatmccDined on 8/4/2014A little pricier that typical Mexican food, but food was very good and not your "typical" fare. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all around!luluDined on 7/25/2014First time to Sopapilla's and every single thing about it was outstanding. From the hostess, to the waiting area, the great cocktails, to the very friendly and knowledgeable server, to the cooks..... all was superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattycakesDined on 7/25/2014Sadly I was disappointed, the first time we went was great. this was our second visit and it was severely lacking. I met my husband at the bar while waiting for our friends to arrive, the bartender forgot what I had ordered, when I came back from the restroom I had to tell him again what my drink order was. Our friends arrived and we were seated in the back next to the kitchen, (it wasn't crowded) we ordered more drinks and appetizers, our drinks were made wrong and had to send them back, our food took forever to arrive, we had to ask for it to be checked on, smaller protions than previous visit. our drinks arrived but my husband had to ask a second time for his. will give them another chance, hope its better nect timeSpecial Features:
- Nice ExperiencewmrdunnDined on 7/18/2014Good food, ambiance, service and prices. Sopapilla's is a very nice addition to Hendersonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as always!!JennyDined on 7/4/2014Had a wonderful server who had an excellent knowledge of the menu and took exceptional care of us and our daughters. Caitlin a superb waitresses!!!!Special Features:
- Don't waste your time and money!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was the most tasteless meal I have ever eaten. The Mexico City Tacos had no flavor, were served on cold greasy tortillas with cold tasteless rice. I can't even say the flavor was bad, there was no flavor at all! The salsa tasted like a bowl of chili, the only flavor you could taste was either cumin or chili powder and had a metallic flavor as if it came from a came. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!
- One of my favorites!AmandaDined on 6/15/2014The food and service are always amazing at Sopapilla's. We recently took my parents for Father's Day. My dad likes Mexican food and my mom detests it (I don't like traditional Mexican either). They both loved their entrees and my mom was "sold" when we got the Sopapilla's! I highly recommend the Tres Tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!MandyGDined on 5/24/2014Sopapillas is a fabulous restaurant with great good, wonderful atmosphere, and friendly and helpful wait staff. Never a bad meal, we will be back frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food decent pricesRemonDropDined on 5/23/2014The meal was good, the margaritas were salty. They ran out of margarita glasses and served ours in a different glass don't know if this accounted for the salt in the glass. The sopapillas at the end of the meal were missing something but served hot and fluffy with honey. The quesadilla portion was large and filling, the other dish not so much. Their corn is fantastic and if your looking for a mixed drink the blueberry lavender lemonade is the right choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Sopapilla's - Hendersonville reviews archive.
- NO reservation party of 5Toni5646Dined on 5/17/2014Had our Open Table reserve at wrong time. Didn't care when shown email conf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blue ribbonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014As always Sopapias was excellent.great food and Margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad managementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We were really looking forward to dining outside but were told we could not because they were short-staffed. This was the second time this happened to us. Also, we had reservations, but had to wait an additional 15 minutes past our set time because of being short-staffed once again. Other than that, our overall experience went well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute bestCbraswellDined on 5/10/2014This is by far the best New Mexican food restaurant we have ever ate. This staff is exceptionally great courteous and attentive. We loved dining outside around the fireplace pit under the umbrella why listening to soft music and did I mention the strawberry daiquiris are wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sopapilla's - Fabulous AgainEatingMachineDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is very consistent, delivering high quality New Mexican food. It remains our favorite. The chips and salsa are outstanding. Table side Guacamole has Pomegranate seeds in if, which are a nice touch. Everything we have tried has been great. They make a Hamburger (yep) that is one of the best I have ever had. It has Hatch chili mixed into it. I can't believe we are so fortunate to have such a high quality restaurant in Hendersonville, TN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...JunebugVIPDined on 5/5/2014Service was slow even with reservations and a light crowd in restaurant. House margaritas were weak until we got extra shots of premium tequila.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, overpriced drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Our meal was excellent and our waiter was great. The drinks were alright, but overpriced. An $8.00 margarita that was not that spectacular, not bad, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- First visit was greatthankfulDined on 5/2/2014We were in the Nashville area for an overnight and after golf and driving, too tired to go into the city. So, via the web we found Sopapilla's and we were all thrilled. Good food, friendly waitress, and reasonable. We would go again.Special Features:
- great family dinnerJennyDined on 4/26/2014Took our daughters for family dinner and it was such and nice dinner. Sat on the patio for a perfect spring evening. Our server Caitlin did an excellent job and was great with our girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, location, and ambienceKgregory5Dined on 4/19/2014I have eaten here several times since it opened, and I have enjoyed it every time. My favorite is the Baja tacos. They have Mahi Mahi on them, and they are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeySOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I love Sopapillas - the food and service is always outstanding.The margaritas are also one of the best around. The food is clean and unlike most "Mexican fare."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful place!!JennyDined on 4/14/2014I celebrated my birthday here and it did not disappoint!!! our server, Caitlin was fantastic!!! the food came out fast and the presentation eye-catching!!! our drinks were never half empty. will be back and will tell all our friends to go there and ask for Caitlin's section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!DeanaDined on 4/5/2014Starting with the hostess, to the end of the meal, my friends and I had a fantastic experience. Our hostess was very friendly, as was our server. Our server was very attentive, but did not hover. Our needs were met in a timely manner. When we were finished with the meal, our table was cleared immediately. We sat for a while to talk and never once were we made to feel rushed to leave by the staff. The menu is a bit pricey, however, this is one instance where I felt like I "got what I paid for" and more! I will recommend this restaurant to all that ask,Special Features:
- Sopapilla's in Hendersonville TNTCamoDined on 3/28/2014Great place excellent variety of food, nice portions, excellent quality and service. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesAmandaDined on 3/28/2014We end up eating here at least once a month. The food is amazing and I don't like Mexican food! Not that Sopapilla's is traditional Mexican - it's more like Southwestern food. Service is very attentive - even on Friday and Saturday nights when they are busiest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best All AroundDonthv2cookDined on 3/22/2014We absolutely Sopapilla's. As soon as you walk in your greeted with warm friendly smiles from happy employee's who makes you feel welcomed. We have introduced two different couples to Sopapilla's which one person doesn't care for Mexican food who drives tour buses for a living dines out at many restaurants and say's Sopapilla's tops his list of best place to eat. They have a large firepit on the patio just outside the entrance where you can cozy up with a good drink, I recomend their "Strawberry daiquiri" and we have seen people roasting marshmallows "brought their own". Your may have a little wait on your food but everything is prepared fresh and which is worth the wait. I love the "Enchiladas Del Mar". CheersSpecial Features:
- DisappointedVisitorDined on 3/22/2014Loves the name... I Spent lots of time at New Mexico and Colorado Mexican restaurants Sopapillas were great as well as our food. Unfortunately the lighting at the outer booth was blinding and cast big shadows. They pushed 2 uneven tables together for our group of 5 first time adults, and one was wobbly. The food was great. The write up about the entrepreneurial start up was fascinating, however the owner would probably have been very disappointed by the experience we had at his lovely restaurant especially because it has potential for excellence. Our experience was less than mediocre. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion.Special Features:
- Food reviewtntravelerDined on 3/21/2014The food was amazing. The chef/cook took mexican food to the next level. I really like the sopapilla dessert as well. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRunnerDined on 3/15/2014Saturday night was our first visit, but it will certainly not be our last. The food was good, the service was good, and the atmosphere was very very good. It is a place you can go to celebrate a special occasion. Nice atmosphere without being too formal or stiff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceMexchiaDined on 3/7/2014The atmosphere and food were great. I can't say the same for the service. Waiter was not attentive and bar drinks took for ever. Waiter seemed overwhelmed. He did get help towards the end of meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sopapillas is great!mex4meDined on 3/2/2014I have been 3 times and the experience has been consistantly wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AmandaDined on 2/15/2014We love going to Sopapilla's because we always have good food and good service. It is a beautiful restaurant and we're so glad that they are now in Hendersonville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sopapilla MargaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Although the food there is a good value and very delicious, I was quite disappointed to find out the Margaritas are not made as advertised on their menu. The menu says that in they use Orange Liquor in additional to Tequila, Agava Sryup and Fresh Lime juice. When we asked the waiter, he checked with the bar and they stated it was orange juice. The manager stopped by later and said they did not use it at all. Very disappointing that they advertise one thing and sell another. The manager made no attempt to apologize nor compensate us for their false advertising. Not sure I will go back.
- Not as we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We picked Sopapilla's because we didn't want to go to Nasville and order off a fixed Valentines day menu. They brought out gluten free chips for us as my husband can't eat gluten. My meal came from their valentines day menu and was good. My husband ordered off the regular gluten free menu. He ordered the steak fajitas and they tasted like someone dumped a cup full of lemon juice all of them. So he sent them back and got a regular steak medium rare. The steak comes and he cuts into to check if it's done right (about half way) and it's medium until the last 1/4 of the steak was cooked medium rare. During our meal he also ordered some Don Julio Repasado and they gave him Don Julio Silver. They also do not have any gluten free desserts.Special Features:
- Never been disappointed!sangrialoversDined on 2/14/2014We eat here quite often for the friendly atmosphere and awesome food. Great experiences every time! Whether we have just an appetizer and sangrias or a full course meal, we have never been disappointed. We highly recommend the dip sampler and white sangria. We tell everyone to experience Sopapilla's for themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too shabbyYayFoodDined on 2/14/2014It was our first time dining here. The hostess was very proper and polite, and we were seated very close to our reservation time. Our server was a tad forgetful, but she was very courteous. The food was absolutely delicious, but I expected more jazz type music; some of the songs killed the mood a little. However, the owner talked to us after our meal to ensure everything was well, and he was very kind. Overall we had a fabulous time, and especially enjoyed the complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation disappointmentDinerDined on 2/1/2014We made reservations and got seated in the bar. Not ok!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.