Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill
10345 Park Meadows Drive
Lone Tree, CO 80124Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonomazgrill.com/
- Phone: 3037286000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30AM - 10:00AM, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00AM - 12:00PM
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Brinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for parties of up to 16 people. We can also accomodate groups of up to 20 in our semi-private area behind the fireplace, or the front of the dining room can be booked for large events of up to 40 people. Custom menus available.
- Private Party Contact: Tyson Frederick 3037286000x
- Entertainment: Summer Nights on the Patio. Enjoy live music on the patio every Thursday and Friday night in June, July and August, weather permitting.
Be sure to Join us during Restaurant Week. August 23rd - 29th!!!
- Special Events: Restaurant Week August 23-29
$30 per person
Jalapeño Corn Chowder
Pan Roasted Colorado Striped Bass
Brick Pressed Bone In Chicken
Seared Double Pork Chop. Colorado Chevre Polenta, grilled asparagus, pepper spiced pan jus
Choice of 1 available “guiltless” dessert shooter
A word from Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill
Based on freshness, diversity and artistic use of the finest ingredients, Sonoma’z Wine Bar & Grill prides itself on the imagination and creativity found in California's wine country cuisine. Several wines are available by the glass, and in the spirit of adventure, we offer flights of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- awesometordyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Just go and be spoiled, really, so worth it. This is a neighborhood gem that you need to discover, its in the local Marriott, they know how to do it rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice placeIreneVIPDined on 7/25/2014We stopped here for a quick lunch in between appointments and we really enjoyed sitting out on the patio, minus the service was very slow. Our waitress was very attentive when my food came out incorrect, and we were able to get in and out in an hour. We enjoyed the wine flights, although the wine list was nothing to be too excited about and the food was good, nothing fantastic, but tasty. My husband ordered the steak salad and while the meat was cooked to the correct temperature it was a a little chewy and not too flavorful. Overall a nice place and perfect for a quick and quiet lunch.Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the Sonoma'z Wine Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Decent food, terrible serviceMarkDined on 6/23/2014Overall I was disappointed with this restaurant. I ordered mussels as my appetizer. They were very bland -- literally no flavor. My main course was salmon with risotto, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. The meal was good and prepared the way I requested it (salmon was cooked medium-rare). However the service was terrible. I sat down for dinner just 15 minutes after the restaurant opened and there were very few people in the restaurant. Yet the service was terrible. The waiter kept disappearing for long periods of time. When I did speak with him he acted like he was doing me a favor. I do not plan to eat at this restaurant again.
- Has potentialCarolDined on 5/16/2014Food was okay. Mussels were very good, but the bass was floating in oil. Would have been good if not for the oil. Service was very friendly but very slow.
- Great Mom's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Really nice spread of a variety of food for Mother's Day brunch. Great service. Nice atmosphere with big, comfortable chairs and generally enjoyable ambience. Doesn't feel like a "hotel restaurant." Definitely recommend for a special brunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day Brunch!LukeDined on 5/11/2014Had a great Mother's Day brunch here. Had a nice table set aside for us for a large group. Friendly servers. Excellent selection in the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014Went to Sonoma'z for their Mother's Day brunch and it was wonderful. There was a great selection of breakfast items along with carved New York Strip roast, which was perfectly prepared at medium rare, a great chicken breast, pork tenderloin, pasta and various specialty sausages. The chilled shrimp was very large (probably u20s) and there were oysters on the half shell along with Honey Smoked Salmon. If I had one complaint it was that several items weren't marked as to what they were and I ended up using blueberry syrup instead of maple syrup on my waffle as it wasn't marked and they were right next to each other. Everything was very tasty and well prepared. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Standard hotel fareCastleRockDinerDined on 3/1/2014Not sure why so many diners raved about this one. The food was bland, and the service was good but not remarkable. Even the wine list was not special. Perfectly acceptable for hotel dining, but not worth a special destination, in my opinion.
- Great food and service !!DontDined on 2/26/2014Great food and service !! Not very busy on Wed.night during rest. week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Valentine's dayOrdinaryJoeDined on 2/14/2014First time visitor. I picked it because it seemed quiet and romantic for Valentines day. That's exactly what it was. I haven't been there off peak dining times so I don't know how they are on a normal day, They are inside a hotel (Marriott) so I am biased, I think most restaurants in hotels are not busy most of the time so it may be different when it's not a busy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About what we expectedMattVIPDined on 2/14/2014We chose the restaurant for its proximity to the Lone Tree Arts Center. The Valentine's special menu was pretty good and the service was very good.
- We enjoyed our dinner. Thecellie5689Dined on 1/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The steak was excellent. I personally did not like the dessert menu and that is the only thing it could improve on. Waiter was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- we found the server to beSusieVIPDined on 1/3/2014we found the server to be very friendly but not knowledgeable of the menu. They were very attentive to our granddaughter and made our dining experience very pleasant. The presentation was great from the dishes used for serving to the plating. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nightmare New YearsKimberDined on 12/31/2013I ate here on New Years Ever the Service was awful. It was not busy either. The people next to us were being waiting on by the manager and getting outstanding service, however we were not as lucky. We waited almost 30 minutes for the check and another 30 to get it picked up so we could leave. We saw numerious tables asking for their bill and not getting it in a timely manner. We were never asked about our meal or even checked on during our meal. I saw another table fill their own water glasses. The food was amazing however it could have been warmer. I would not recommened this place to other people and won't be going back.
- Not Hotel FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Nestled quietly within Denver Marriott South is this gem. The Chef is very talented and the staff excellent in preparing menu items delectably. We had held group events here and attended a tasting beforehand, so knew the variety and beautiful preparation this kitchen could provide...they did not disappoint! Menu has something for everyone, but manageable in size. Staff was attentive without being intrusive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfiedLnlyXmasDined on 12/25/2013I waited 5 minutes at the door to get seated. Then I was escorted to a table close to the entrance and it was cold. When I was ordering my food I was told that the chicken chili is a big portion. So I ordered that. I also ordered a glass of Zinfandel for $9. When I got the chili it was served in a big bowl but the soup was about 1 cup. I ate it with a teaspoon since I didn't get a table spoon. When I asked for more bread the waiter who coul hardly speak English said he thinks that they are out of bread but will check on it. Quite a few minutes later I asked a different waiter for bread. When he brought it out it was an old stale bread warmed up. At the end I was charged $11 for the wine that was supposed to be only $9.
- Was a last minute option onBrumtnDined on 12/25/2013Was a last minute option on Christmas Day 2013. Food was really good, service was great, especially on a day most restaurant personnel would want to be home. Way above the usual hotel in-house restaurant, extremely friendly staff, a blast of fresh air compared to most hotel in-house dinning.Special Features:
- Sonama'zzzz - Denver, Park MeadowsDianeDined on 12/25/2013I was very disappointed in Sonama'zzzz. I had the Prime Rib special (on Christmas Day), and it was very tough and had a lot of grizzle. When the waitress took my order, she didn't ask me how I wanted the Prime Rib cooked, so a man came out and asked me that. Then I had to ask for a steak knife (since the Prime Rib was so tough), Au Jus (again, tough meat), and horseradish sauce (and the waitress gave me straight horseradish instead). When I told the waitress about the Prime Rib, she said "Sorry" and did nothing. Obviously I should have sent the Prime Rib back when I first got it, but I kept thinking it was going to get better, which it never did. Some good things (nice decor and good ambiance), but the service definitely wasn't one of them.Special Features:
- Hotel like; not as special as hopedKNickDined on 11/28/2013We are new to Denver and were hoping to enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving dinner out. = / This is definitely just a hotel restaurant. They had an overpriced brunch line ($30/ea!) and we were scraping the bottom of the chafing dishes at 2 p.m. Food was delicious, but it was just not a special event. The wait staff was very attentive and kind, but the restaurant seems like a glorified coffee shop and was too expensive for a brunch line.
- Thanksgiving DinnerMagellan65VIPDined on 11/28/2013The thanksgiving buffet was excellent. We would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potential - could be bettermsfunnybonesVIPDined on 11/1/2013First the good - the filet was superb. It was cooked exactly the way we asked and the cut was awesome. Everything else was good. The kids menu is 'meh' with box macaroni and cheese, etc. Definitely could be better there. The service was S-L-O-W!!!! It took our waiter forever to do just one thing. He definitely could NOT multi-task at all and he only had one other table. It was dead there on a Friday night at 7. That says a lot right there. I see potential. The food was pretty good, if the service could kick it up a notch or two for sure. Don't know if we'll return real soon, but we're not against going back sometime in the future perhaps.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceDerekDined on 10/12/2013Steaks were amazing, staff was friendly and attentive, nice wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised - In a very good way!M2M2VIPDined on 10/7/2013Service was excellent and food was cooked very well. I also noted a great outdoor patio for future dining/drinks. Service was quick and the food was tasty. Our server, Phenix, was VERY courteous and kept our coffee hot and our cup filled. Thanks for the great service and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi across from 4 seasonsCALIBOYVIPDined on 9/11/2013I wanted to get some sushi but enjoy walking around dt for a little rather then venture out of the heart of downtown. This place was a quick walk from my hotel and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing notableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2013Surprised at how high others rated this restaurant. I gave them my name and then got email from open table that I had not honored my reservation. Open Table was great and quick about addressing that and correcting it, but that was just indication of service. Kept having to seek our waitress out. Told her we would be ready to order in "1" minute and it was almost 10 minutes before she came back to the table. Meal was very average at best.
- Not your typical hotel restaurantMConcaVIPDined on 8/6/2013We were very impressed by Sonomaz. The menu is first rate, featuring many creative dishes. The Crusted Grouper was very good, but just a tad dry. On the other hand, the Surf and Turf special consisted of a NY Strip with a wild mushroom sauce plus Grilled Salmon with a Brown Sugar Glaze - outstanding. It is a bit expensive, but is perfect if you are looking for a high end, first class meal on the south side of Denver.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at Sonoma'zOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2013Wow. We were impressed. What a gem hidden away in the Mariott Hotel. We will definitely be back. The food was awesome and first rate. We were very impressed. They go the extra mile. Fine dining experience was top notch. Highly recommended. We plan to dine there for special occasions such as anniversaries, etc. We are planning on going there next month as well. Menu is vast, so hard to choose. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely buffetDenverDined on 7/1/2013The breakfast buffet had variety and healthy choices as well as sweet indulgences. The service was outstanding. Menu choices were also available. For a great start of the day, Sonoma's is a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would highly recommend forMarilynVIPDined on 6/29/2013Would highly recommend for breakfast but not so much for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great!ww13Dined on 4/13/2013Our dinner was superb! Excellent presentations of delectable and interesting food selections. Melt in your mouth Filet of Beef. Fabulous cioppino! This was our second time dining here. Our first was outside on the patio. Although there were only parking lot views, they have put up a fence for more privacy, so in warm months, it might be more appealing now. Inside was warm and well decorated. There was a wide selection of wines to choose from, as well. We enjoyed our evening completely!Special Features:
- The service and the waitstaffalondonVIPDined on 4/13/2013The service and the waitstaff here are exceptional. This was our second visit and we brought friends this time. It is surprising to find such a nice restaurant in a hotel - but this is not an ordinary hotel restaurant. The staff clearly understands the concept of hospitality. What a pleasure!
- Restaurant had a large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/6/2013Restaurant had a large group and not enough staff to serve them and the diners in the main room. Service suffered.
- It was my birthday and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013It was my birthday and they brought me out a dessert to celebrate. It was very nice. Wrapped up the very nice evening we had.Special Features:
- Food was fine. Room was toosteadycustomerVIPDined on 3/26/2013Food was fine. Room was too cold and wait staff was a bit too intrusive always asking how everything was. I think this , being in a hotel lobby, is about as good as it gets. Went there for its EASE of location....but would not go out of my way again.
- We tried using a groupon,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013We tried using a groupon, it did not state the groupon wouldn't work for the 5280 menu under its exclusions, which was unfortunate.
- My boyfriend and I visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2013My boyfriend and I visited Sonoma'z for 5280 Week (Denver Restaurant Week) because their menu was more adventurous and appealing than the others we found. We were definitely not disappointed: cheese course, mini lamb tacos, red trout with pesto and risotto, and bacon caramel sundae for dessert---delicious!
- Don't go for the dessert...PragueDined on 3/3/2013Great dinner for $52.80. Everyone at our table had different items. All courses were excellent except for dessert: the listed cheesecake was to have chocolate but there was none; the candied bacon sundae had a bacon topping whose sugar-coating was gone and no bacon was incorporated into the ice cream. It would have been better to exclude the desserts (instead of putting in after-thoughts) and include a glass of wine in the deal. Our servers was knowledgeable, attentive, polite. The decor relaxing, mood soothing.Special Features:
- Not enough staff. individualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Not enough staff. individual cheese plates were obviously made well in advance as cheese and meat selections were stuck to the plate. salad course served on a hot plate. Entree course came 20 minutes after salad courses were cleared, server had someone else deliver food, and we felt like we were at an auction. Each plate had a lrge "artistic" cicle of a paprika(or something) oil that overwhelmed the fish, and even the steak. Stuffed pork was overcooked, no sauce to help with how dry. we would have told someone but no one ever came back to check on us. The cheesecakes were overcooked and also plated well before service, the syrup on the plate was caked to teh plate, only relly tasty item was the maple bacon ice cream.
- Good Food ~ Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013We had an early evening reservation (5:30 PM) so it was quiet and quaint. We loved having a table right by the fireplace and that added some romantic value to the evening. Great menu for the value, service was top notch and our server was very attentive without being over bearing. A great way and a great find to start off Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed the food and the service was outstanding. We will be coming back for 5280 week...Special Features: