206 Worcester Road
Princeton, MA 01541Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sonoma-princeton.com/
- Phone: (978) 464-5775
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: From 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Sullivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fully customized catering. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Brady 9784645775
- Entertainment: Classical Guitarist on Friday Evenings 6:30pm - 9:30pm
A word from Sonoma
Sonoma offers the finest in Global Cuisine to produce a fusion of cultures and taste. Praised for innovative combinations of ingredients and imaginative presentations. Sonoma's menu changes constantly to provide only the freshest and most seasonable products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonoma - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Sonoma reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (74)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (13)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Just a fantastic dining experience!russianMuleDined on 11/22/2014Menu & Specials are so appetizing. Hard to choose from the menu alone, and then you hear the specials. Every part of the meal was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014One of our favorites until recently. The food is excellent. The last time we went we had to wait and wait for water refilled and to get our desert served. After dinner it seemed like our server disappeared. He was friendly but too busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Good food, slowish service, filet mignon had a lot of grissle. Nice atmosphere. Good date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Sonoma's - you will be wowed!FrecklesDined on 11/14/2014Once again a fabiulus dinner for a special occasion. Bob was the consummate server blending attentiveness with reserveness. The food was amazing not only in its taste but also in its presentation. Sonoma's rivals any of the top restaurants in Biston - and without the hassle of driving into town. Sonoma's is truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014we returned to Sonoma after a years absence our experience was nothing short of remarkable. This was a special celebration dinner for a close friend. He was not disappointed. Our evening began by reuniting with what I believe is a world class server Deb Trapasso, she remember us by name and refered to our guests by name throughout the evening, her recommendations were on point from the choice of wine to our dinner selections. The food and it's presentations were world class. We will return for another visit during the. New year, dinning in Boston but only having to drive to PrincetonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surpriseSparkyVIPDined on 11/8/2014This little gem is actually in a strip mall! The food was flawless, the service was great. Quiet, adult setting - not a place to bring children. Everything we had (escargot, salads, rack of lamb, prime rib) was outstanding.Special Features:
- gemgrammyDined on 11/5/2014a gourmet experience beautiful presentation excellent service memorable foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryKimmieDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I celebrated our 28th anniversary. We could not have chosen a finer place to dine. The waitstaff was very knowledgeable and able to make a great wine selection. The food was beyond amazing. We traveled "all the way" from North Reading because we had heard such good reviews. We will be back, hopefully before the next anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarcDined on 10/25/2014Our dinner at Sonoma was outstanding! This was our second visit and our experience was just as we initially remembered. The “Harvest Salad” was fabulous. The service and drinks, salad, entrees and of course the dessert of “Bread Pudding” was five star. We live and hour and half away from Sonoma but we have decided to make this dining experience more frequent in the future.Special Features:
- Hidden GemWonderfulDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I have dined here during the 15 or so years and NEVER have been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdeedee61Dined on 10/21/2014wonderful food, fantastic service, romantic and just lovely. very expensive but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 25th Anniversary for us.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014First time we had ever been to Sonoma. It was for our 25th Anniversary . I had spoken to a chef there ahead of time . Very friendly and informative. If it's not on the menu ask for it and they will get it. The service from Angela was very articulate and She was friendly . The food was great! We tried the Ostrich, It was so good! my Husband had rack of lamb. He loved it! I had the filet minion. It came with 6 sides. Just a great experience and very happy I planned our special night there. The music was beautiful. I'm SO Happy with the whole night! Thank you! They even gave us a medallion of chocolate that said Happy Anniversary on it. I will and have already recommended Sonoma to every I know! Thank you, The Thompsons.Special Features:
- Will be backrarenightoutDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere is elegant and the food, in both quality and presentation, is second to none. My wife and I celebrate our anniversary here every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodmemboDined on 10/10/2014Service was very good,felt like a king.Food was excellent,it was the best place i went in a long time.Special Features:
- Always a treat!RachaelDined on 10/8/2014Another fabulous experience. We wee celebrating our anniversary and brought our 2 teenage sons. They loved every bite. Caesar salad, beet salad, escargot, scallops, filet and duck....all fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Sonoma is the restaurant gem of the Wachusett area. Rarely can you find a restaurant that has outstanding cuisine, top-notch service, and an atmosphere that allows for thoughtful conversation...all under one roof. That's what you get at Sonoma.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningFrogmeyerDined on 10/4/2014As usual, the service and food were outstanding! The featured items are intriguing and delicious. Service is friendly and servers are sooo informative regarding everything on the menu and wine list. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- A Special RestaurantFoodtabulousDined on 10/3/2014Don't be fooled by the plaza location. Sonoma offered a very pleasant experience from beginning to end. It is not a rushed atmosphere and the guitarist they had on Friday night was wonderful. Like being at a spa. The food was fabulous and they are very accommodating. If you are looking to celebrate a special occasion or just feel like being spoiled, try Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donald LundstromDonaldDined on 10/2/2014We always book a reservation with Sonoma for a perfect dining experience and our anniversary on October 2nd did not disappoint. My wife's Korean Shortribs were lavishly seasoned with a medley of spices that complemented the wonderful presentation of this tender boneless selection. My filet mignon was cooked exactly to my request and was also accompanied by wonderful sides. Starting with escargot and finishing with creme broulet made for a wonderful symphony to celebrate 49 terrific years together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 10/1/2014From the moment you are greeted until the staff says good night, Sonoma is fabulous! The food and presentation are beyond compare. Although expensive for weekly dining, you get what you pay for and no one leaves hungry. Wonderful restaurant. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Romantic dinner with light acoustic guitar playing, no young kids or loud noises. The food was expensive, but well worth it for the quality and display. Everything had a unique taste. Our table had the lamb, duck, halibut and shrimp/scallop dishes, all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always, The BestJerryDined on 9/27/2014Sonoma remains one of the top restaurants in central MA. It continues to find ways to better itself and always presents a menu that is fit for kings and queens. The staff is friendly, pleasant and top notch and the food is always "the best." While more expensive than most, Sonoma never fails to impress and is perfect for romantic evenings, quiet dining and special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014We came here for our anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased with the service and amazing meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TowerHill801Dined on 9/24/2014We had wanted to come to this gem for many years based on reviews that we had seen. It took us over an hour in travel time but is well worth the trip. This casually elegant restaurant serves the finest food in a relaxed atmosphere. Our waitress, Angela, was spot on. She knew her wines and foods. We followed her recommendations and were delighted with our meal. We will do a return trip, only difference, we will share with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best foodpatsfanVIPDined on 9/20/2014Frequently get veal chop at many fine restaurants yours best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatdessertfirstEatdessertfirstDined on 9/20/2014Loved all courses. The muse Bouche was creative and both my starter and my hubby's was great! Had the entree once before and just as good the second time! Never disappointed!Special Features:
- Awesome DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Great menu, and everything was prepared and presented perfectly. The service was outstanding, and the entire meal was one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Event, Not Every NightJustUsDined on 9/19/2014We returned to Sonoma for our wedding anniversary. It had been a few years since we had been there. Unfortunately, it felt like the restaurant was stuck in some bygone era. As we're looking at the menu, we were given a mushroom aroncinni. Dinners were served with a side of vegetable medley. Desert selections were displayed on a rotatable, rolling cart complete with silverware for your selection. While the food was good (we like the duck better than the short ribs,) it all felt dated. The dim, windowless space was a reminder that you're in a small box with art on the walls.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Sonoma is a great restaurant with wonderful food and impecable service. Sonoma is on our list of places to go for special occasions as it is $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time A CharmdanlDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have dined here twice in the past 2 years, both on our anniversary. It is almost an hour drive and we think it is well worth it. The food is outstanding, local produce, every changing menu, great service, but a bit pricey so that is why it is a special occasion place for us.Special Features:
- NickNickDined on 9/13/2014I truly believe this is the best restaurant in Worcester County. The food is delicious. The preparation inspired and the service is excellent. I have eaten at many of the best restaurants in the country and Sonoma's chef Bill Brady could be at any of them. We are lucky to have him and this fine restaurant right in our backyard!Special Features:
- excellent food and service.DuncadooDined on 9/13/2014Only issue was the table. We were seated neat the door. This was a busy spot and made conservation somewhat difficult. Food was fantastic and service was very attentive. Can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A chef's favorite place to dineWineanddinechefDined on 9/10/2014Sonoma never disappoints. As a chef by trade, this is my go to spot for a great meal!! The food is always fabulous, great flavors, great variety and a knowledgable staff. Superb cocktails and a appealing wine menu. Simply love every experience we have at Sonoma. Superior service, very flavorful and diverse menu. My family's go place for special occaisions.Our most recent dining experience no exception, started with the golden beet salad with lobster glasteu, entree of Koren Short Ribs and topped it off with a flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing diningB1903Dined on 9/3/2014We love going to Sonoma, the food is wonderful the staff is so friendly and professional. We always have a great dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time HAPPYSoHappyDined on 9/2/2014this was our second time visiting Sonoma and I have to say that this place is AMAZING!! The menu is not too lengthy but everything we have tried is absolutely wonderful! Quiet, romantic and waited on with great care. This is our new favorite place for special occasions. There is nothing I can say bad about Sonoma! Just remember, when the check arrives, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Although the drive is a bit from Boston metro west, it was well worth it. Atmosphere is serene. Service is professional and not rushed. Food is on par with the high end Napa and Sonoma restaurants with a European flair. Wine list is excellent with a very low markup ( slightly above retail to less than 2x!!). Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night in the kitchen?WoosterDined on 8/30/2014I have always enjoyed Sonoma but it's in the pricey range so I expect really great food. This Saturday the place was busy, service was fine and the guitarist soothing. But for the first time, the food seemed underwhelming and even a bit out of date. The menu had changed little over the season, with the exception of a couple of specials. It was a holiday weekend and maybe the mood was wrong but my companion and I were both disappointed with our options and the entres (duck and short ribs) we eneded up choosing for want of more tempting "kate summer" fare.Special Features:
- Amazing as usual!CherylRDined on 8/30/2014Love Sonoma! It is our favorite restaurant and we enjoyed a delicious anniversary dinner. I recommend Sonoma whole-heartedly! Beautiful ambiance, outstanding food and service!! You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experienceLovemylabsDined on 8/30/2014Never fails to exceed our expectations! We try something new each time and have never had a bad plate. Sat in the room where the bar is located and there was a guitarist who contributed just the right noise level and musical style to complement the ambiance. I had a delicious Jamaican soup for an appetizer. The taste was incomparable - many flavors, spicy but not overly done. Very creative. My husband had the cowboy steak - a steak he has had in the past. Once again, cooked perfectly and so flavorful. Service is attentive yet not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDrivebyDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I were passing through central MA, we found Sonoma on Open Table and had a wonderful dinner. Our waiter David made our evening special and the food was sumptuous! There was not a single thing that we didn't like. My cocktails came out in lightning speed and were just right and the courses were timed just right as well. We'd go more often if we lived close by!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.