206 Worcester Road
Princeton, MA 01541Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sonoma-princeton.com/
- Phone: 9784645775
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: From 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Sullivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fully customized catering. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Brady 9784645775
- Entertainment: Classical Guitarist on Friday Evenings 6:30pm - 9:30pm
A word from Sonoma
Sonoma offers the finest in Global Cuisine to produce a fusion of cultures and taste. Praised for innovative combinations of ingredients and imaginative presentations. Sonoma's menu changes constantly to provide only the freshest and most seasonable products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonoma - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Sonoma reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (84)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (52)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (17)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Terrific ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We went to Sonoma to celebrate our 12th Anniversary.. it was great... the food was wonderful, the wine - divine.. and the music (with Peter Clemente) was awesome... he played at our wedding .. how special to enjoy his lovely playing while we enjoyed our dinner together... The bartender was sweet and is great at her job as well.. wonderful experience !Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food and service at Sonoma was excellent. Perfect choice for our 20th anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- A Dining DelightFrecklesDined on 8/9/2014The entire experience at Sonoma's was beyond compare. We were warmly greeted by Kim Brady, co-owner along with her husband Bill who is the executive chef, and quickly brought to our table. Guests were strategically seated to allow for quiet conversation and privacy. Our server was very attentive yet non- obtrusive. He knew the menu and was able to make wonderful recommendations. The food was an epicurean delight, both in its presentation and taste. I can't say enough about Sonoma's. It is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- First Time...RigsVIPDined on 8/8/2014and it will not be the last time! My wife and I had an exceptional meal with perfect service from Angela. My duck was cooked perfectly medium rare and was my wife's lamb chops. The sides were delicious and the wine was perfect. Sonoma lived up to its reputation as a fine dining establishment with a comfy relaxed feel. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma one of the best!!!EatoutDined on 8/2/2014The waitress was very polite, knowledgeable and made our evening a special event. I have a gluten allergy and the staff helped with my selection and even provided gluten free rolls. The four us were very happy with the appetizers and our main selections. Desserts were yummy which offered gluten free as well. It was awesome from start to finish. Thank you Jessica!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LukeDined on 7/19/2014Always excellent. I am surprised the greater Worcester area has not yet discovered this restaurant for very fine quiet dinning with a featured weekend musician for background music.Special Features:
- Top tenTimUDined on 7/12/2014Sonoma served me what must be one of the top ten meals of my life. No joke. I had the "Korean Short Ribs" and was stunned by how good it tasted. All the extras on the plate were very good and complemented the entree well. Kudos to the chef and thanks for a memorable dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014As usual our experience at Sonoma was exquisite. I got the braised beef and it was mouthwatering! My wife got the trout special and She loved it. I tried it and I have to admit it was light and delicious. Bravo to Danny O, he put out another great meal in the boss' absence! We'll be back soon. Scott BernierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGraniteRoseStudioDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to Sonoma's. Celebrating our 39th anniversary, we couldn't have picked a more perfect restaurant! The food was outstanding and Lynn earned 5 stars for her friendly service, knowledge, and atttention to details. We're looking forward to our next visit. Thank you for a very special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food everFrogmeyerDined on 7/10/2014One of the best restaurants we have dined at. The quiet country setting, the extremely knowledgable wait staff and their attention to the patrons, the fabulous food and it's presentation keep us going back. Always a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCandKCDined on 7/8/2014The best restaurant around. Matches any spot in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happySoHappyDined on 7/3/2014drove to the middle of nowhere to find this GEM! Recently moved to the arera and had a hard time finding a 5 star dining facility. YES, I would rank Sonoma 5 stars. Far beyond any other restaurant in the area! I and my wife will definitely be returning. It was a nice touch that the excutive chef took time to come out of his busy kitchen to introduce himself and make sure we were happy with our meal. I have absolutely no negative comments here. Could not be happier we found this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableRosyVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food is always superb. Service is impeccable. The drinks are delicious. The appetizers on the house are scrumptious.Special Features:
- Sonoma Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Bill Brady and his Sonoma staff run one of the best operations I have encountered across the country. Great service, a creative menu, and the quality of the food is outstanding. Well done Bill, you have truly redefined and perfected the art of fine dining.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMCAVDined on 7/1/2014Very nice Dinner. Food and Service was very good.Special Features:
- Phenomenal dining experienceSketcherDined on 6/28/2014This is my favorite restaurant and I've eaten all over the world. Thankfully it is right down the street from my house!!Special Features:
- Another hitJakeDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have been to Sonoma many times...it's our favorite restaurant. As always, the food and service were outstanding, and the music provided by Peter Clemente made the evening all the more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedamandaDined on 6/28/2014We have been going to sonoma for many years and thus will be our last. after a great app and wonderful tom collins i was stuck with the most boring chix dish ever. sonoma is notable for its twists on classic dishes and my chix and biscuits tasted like last years boring wedding banquet chix. my husband got the cowboy steak as he has in the past but this year it was bone in and not easy to saw through. we have always looked forward to dining at sonoma but we were so disappointed we will not be back.Special Features:
- FantasticDeeDeeDined on 6/27/2014We had a booth which I recommend as it is a little quieter. Our waitress was fun,appoarchable and enjoyable all evening. She knew the menu and was there to recommend drinks, appitizers and main meal and dessert. Our meals were fabulous. I had the filet and it was cooked perfectly. You could cut the meat with a fork it was so tender. My husband had the korean short ribs which he loved! Our evening was relaxed and we were told when we arrived that the table was ours to enjoy for the night which was just great. We never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Excellent food / Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I loved the ambience of the restaurant. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Korean Spare Ribs. There were so many interesting choices to chose from so we decided we will definitely go back and try another of Sonoma's great dishes. I've had Sonoma's catered dishes and was finally glad to go to their restaurant. It was a very pleasurable experience. Would definitely recommend and go back! Thank you Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014An unexpected gem. Located in a strip mall, you could drive by and not notice it. Service was top notch with a well informed, polite, helpful waiter. One of the best waiters we have ever come across. Our group of four agreed to try and get four different starters, four different main meals, and four different desserts just to sample as much variety as possible. We were all very happy. The flavors were excellent. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Vegetarian options lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014If you are vegetarian be aware that there is only 1 vegetarian dish, which is a Spinach pie. It is very good but having only 1 "option" is disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFarrdadDined on 6/12/2014Sonoma is a bit away from the traffic but well worth the trip. Outstanding food and service. A small friendly gem. Very comfortable for those with a hefty wallet. Extremely comfortable... Best food, far and away, in all of Worcester County. A Special place!Special Features:
- Another wonderful evening!HRweboDined on 6/12/2014Enjoyed an outstanding meal for an anniversary dinner and birthday! The meal and the service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014My first trip to Sonoma was memorable. I live in Worcester and a friend recommended Sonoma for a special occasion. Myself and the others in the party spoke about this being one of the finest dinners in a long time. The service, appetizers, meal and desert were truly special. The flavors for me were different and pleasing to the pallet. I will recommend the dining experience to friends and not wait too long to make a return visit.Special Features:
- outstandingCC72Dined on 6/10/2014What a lovely restaurant! Excellent on all counts. Innovative touches, too, like the basil gelatin cubes with the salad! Delicious. Return visits are in our future.Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!BostonVisitorDined on 6/7/2014What a great meal! One of the best places we've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!WardenOneDined on 6/7/2014My brother and I had a lovely dinner at Sonoma on a Saturday night. The place was filled with couples and groups but the music of the guitar player filled the room with a great atmosphere that complimented the food so well. We enjoyed both the duck and the short ribs and all the other excellent sides and appetizers. Really, there was not an off note to the meal. Wine list is reasonable and the list of cocktails is a bit adventurous if that is what you want. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip1cwbusinessDined on 6/7/2014We traveled a couple of hours to meet others who live in Central Mass for diner. it is worth the trip. The food was very, very good! In particulary, I would highly recommend the foie gras appetizer and the Korean steak was unbelievably delicious. the seafood dish was also excellent. My veal chop was good, but not great. The desserts were all very good, with the fruit crumble, choco dessert and creme brulee all winners.Special Features:
- SalvatoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Outstanding Venue for a relaxing, elegant (but not overly dressy) and special dining experience. Everything about our visit was just lovely - service, food, ambiance. The only drawback would be that it is a little dark in some areas so if you want it bright ask for a table by a window. I hope to go back and try another entree for another occasion. I would highly recommend - especially for a special occasion!! I can't believe I have never been there and heard lots of good things about Sonoma and never went!! All the reports were so true!!Special Features:
- Always good.EatdessertfirstDined on 6/6/2014We love this restaurant. The menu changes, the selections are creative from starters to main courses and don't forget to leave room for dessert. Never disappointed, very consistently good!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner as alwaysBeHappyDined on 6/3/2014Sonoma never fails to impress. The food is always cooked to perfection and the wait staff very attentive without being overly pesky. The creative entrees and sample size of sides are wonderful. We celebrated a milestone anniversary at Sonoma recently and were very happy with our choice. Food rivaling Boston restaurants but without the parking or traffic nightmare.Special Features:
- localfoodieDined on 6/3/2014Excellent food, excellent service. There's no better place!Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurantworcester0604Dined on 5/31/2014I took my friend there this past Saturday evening for her birthday dinner. The food was incredible and the waitress was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. I had the pheasant which was very delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes for a occasionjohnpDined on 5/31/2014The food was spectacular! The service was unhurried, but not slow. I particularly liked the guitarist playing a great selection of music throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikeVIPDined on 5/27/2014My wife and I look forward to spending a night out that includes dinner at the restaurant. Great everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mhgkgDined on 5/24/2014We had a lovely evening celebrating my wife's birthday. The service was excellent and or meals were wonderful from start to finish,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Food was great and Wendy was an excellent waitress!! Great placed to celebrate our 51 anniversary!Special Features:
- Great Great FoodBrianDined on 5/24/2014Food is out of this world and creative service is excellent and the people from the chef to the front of the house deliver an outstanding experienceSpecial Features:
- A fantastic foodie nightMarcDined on 5/24/2014A really wonder evening of great food and service from David. We will surely be back.The Korean ribs are just a wonderful meal and I could go on, just please go try this GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.