Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica
395 Santa Monica Place, Suite 300
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonomawinegarden.com/
- Phone: 4242144560x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Champagne Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Weekday Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 2:30pm - 11:00pm
*HAPPY HOUR* Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 7:00pm in the BAR ONLY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For all catering inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Sonoma Wine Garden offers event space with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy intimate candlelit wine dinners for 20 or custom receptions for 200; available seven days a week. Sonoma Wine Garden is the perfect place to celebrate corporate events, holiday parties, birthdays, award nominations and film premiers.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 480-223-7386x
- Entertainment: Prime + Wine on Mondays!
Live Music on Tuesday Nights, 7pm!!
- Special Events: For all special event inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica
A unique blend of classic Mediterranean and California cuisines, Sonoma Wine Garden emphasizes a casual dining experience, in a friendly atmosphere. Juxtaposing a wine country garden setting with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, Sonoma Wine garden is designed with exquisite outdoor elements to accent the wine and culinary experience California’s wine country is famous for. Featuring a wood-burning pizza oven, outdoor garden patio and upscale lounge area that offers countless wines from all over the world. Sonoma Wine Garden is a sophisticated new addition to the bustling atmosphere of Santa Monica Place. We're dog friendly too!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)notable wine list (42)scenic view (41)good for groups (38)great for brunch (37)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (27)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (24)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- "Bottomless Brunch" Price Increaselovefoodz3Dined on 8/17/2014Bottomless brunch prices recently changed. Previously the bottomless brunch price included both the meal and the mimosas and was a great deal. I loved going here for brunch. This week, though, we ended up spending twice as much because no one explained the price change. Bummed to lose this gem for it's ambiance, but it's way too pricey for the mediocre food. Not planning on coming back. :-(Special Features:
- Scenic Evening with FriendsluvfoodandfamilyDined on 8/16/2014Sonoma Wine Garden is a perfect place to take visitors and family. The views are beautiful and so L.A. when you want to show off our city. The arugula salad with skirt steak was flavorful. Unlike many other restaurants, we were able to have pleasant conversation while enjoying the view and our meal.Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014I was looking for a location for a lunch meeting that was both nice and dog friendly and Sonoma Wine Garden was perfect! Ambience was easy-beautiful but not stuffy, lovely patio, and great food! They were also very sweet and accommodating with my dog. Perfect for lunch meeting!!Special Features:
- Wine with a viewBlackLabelVIPDined on 8/14/2014I'll own up that the food and service were a bit pale compared to the rest of the experience (the Farmers Market Fruit & Cheese, for example, shouldn't tout cheese in its title, given that the wedge was barely enough for two bites between two people, leaving out the third diner. And our server, though polite, often forgot to check back in to make sure we had the basics…like silverware). Those issues aside, the wine list was lovely and the waiter knowledgeable in his recommendations -- and the bar's warm, upscale ambience was matched by a great view and the conversational buzz of a nice crowd. I'd go back…but probably for pre or post dinner drinks or to try one of the delicious looking pizzas.Special Features:
- great rooftop bar & dining.JenRecommendsVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great atmosphere, greatcfood & wine - the chacuterie plate is fantastic! Great for warn summer nights. Trendy, hip vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderful,service and experience. We were accommodated even when we added a few more to our party. Server was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy choice overallMonterayDined on 7/26/2014Sonoma Wine Garden is my go-to on food/wine/ambiance when ever I have guests in town or just want to meet up with friends. It's always a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Had a black hair in our pizza. We ordered the bottomless mimosas and they were very slow to brining out drinks out. Overall, food was overpriced for what was served.Special Features:
- Very cool spotGinascucinaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great place to meet friends and hang out after work. Great happy hour. Sit on the patio...all types of seating form table and chairs to big comfy pillows. The bar and restaurant can be loud, but outside is nice. There are heaters. Great wine list and employees are friendly. Loved overlooking the Pacific Ocean! On the rop floor of the Sant Monica place. Check the level of parking that you park on. And the level that you walk into the mall on. They are different. A flaw that wasn't fixed when the mall was remodeled. You could parking on level 3 , but come into the mall on leave 2. Just be aware. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great patio for dinner, happy hourKellyGaleDined on 7/23/2014Come to Sonoma wine garden for dinner or happy hour and you'll be more than satisfied. The decor and ambiance are fantastic, as well as the helpful wait staff. Great spot!Special Features:
- Salad...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Salads were terrible. Especially Sonoma salad. Overpriced lettuceSpecial Features:
- outnaboutDined on 6/28/2014Nicely prepared fare, with some imaginative couplings. Well-presented, too. Wonderful wait- and bus-staff. It would be nice to have some more wine by the bottle for the 99% who dine at SWG, as well. There were a couple, but... The only drawback to Sonoma Wine Garden is the noise level, but sitting outside is the perfect solution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEatzDined on 6/28/2014The food needs makeover. Oysters were disappointing. Halibut was overcooked and baby back ribs were tasteless and dry.Special Features:
- BorisDined on 6/24/2014A relaxing break from shopping. Good food and a good menu. Lot's of choices.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance!winegirlDined on 6/14/2014Great appetizers and wine! Great ambiance! Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunFunDayDined on 6/1/2014It was great to have a brunch with ladies. They were nice to us with a baby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie2VIPDined on 5/26/2014The food was delicious, they have wonderful drinks and the staff was not only knowledgable but very accommodating! A great find and I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- My Go To Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2014Love this place! I take everyone here who is visiting from out of town. Regardless of HOW LONG it takes to get to Santa Monica, park, etc. this place is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiance!JessintheWestDined on 5/24/2014Great wine selection and delicious small plates. Love the outdoor patio and bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the outdoor areaCamiDined on 5/24/2014I love Sonoma and the outdoor area for a sunny day break. You can find great wines + amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterRRnumber27Dined on 5/20/2014The food was good .The outside music was very nice after our inside dining.The service was lacking felt like we were not a priority for there was opportunity in table touches that were missed during our inside diningSpecial Features:
- Popular and invitingTroubleDined on 5/16/2014The restaurant is attractive and cleverly laid out accommodating the large volume of patrons, all of whom from outward appearances enjoyed their dining experience greatly. Service is quick and friendly. Those in my party who ranged in age from 24 to 61 felt the food was adequate or good enough. One felt it was the best meal she had had during our Santa Monica visit, but that wasn't saying much. I had anticipated great meals in Santa Monica, but each was surprisingly disappointing. Compounding this was the high cost for such mediocre fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoors in smInLACAVIPDined on 5/10/2014The fritata was quite good although the austrian pancake souffle was very heavy and starchy and I would not recommend. It was nice to sit outdoors although we found that there is no view of the ocean… just surrounding buildings.
- Awesome happy hour and bartenders!CaliValleyFoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2014Love this place!!! The wine list is the best...and so is the food! But wait...there is more! $5 happy hour at the bar from 12pm-7pm! YES...this is a true winner!! But the atmosphere and location is the absolute best for Sunday Brunch, or a evening with friends. Truly one of my favs!!!Special Features:
- The following 322 reviews are from the Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica reviews archive.
- outdoor diningSHOREHAMDined on 4/27/2014Went for sunday brunch and the bottomless mimosas. Nice place to hangout for the afternoon outdoors. Place was buzzingSpecial Features:
- Lovely Outdoor AmbiencePamsPicksVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great outdoor seating area to enjoy some Southern California weather and ocean view. Even if its a bit cooler there's tons of heat lamps and they'll provide blankets. Stick with simple the simpler dishes on their menu and you won't be steered wrong. For dinner, we loved the ribs, mussels and roasted chicken. The burrata salad was delicious too and they are very generous with the meats on the cheese platter. Will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Reservation must specify in/outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014When we made our reservation, we do not know there's outdoor and indoor. As a result we were not given a choice but put in a table outdoor. That day, the wind was blowing more than 12 knots (which is when you get white heads on the waves). Freezing cold. not very pleasant. But the server is so good, she was able to get us a backup table indoor later on and we enjoyed our dessert inside.Special Features:
- Lovely place, food and wine.TravelartDined on 4/19/2014We have been to Sonoma Wine Garden before, and mostly dined here for lunch - but this meal was the best yet. Between three of us dining recently - we chose Salmon, Steak, and Lamb Meatballs. Each of them unique with well balanced flavors. They were all plated perfectly - with the right amount of food for each of us. We all actually talked about our meal on the way home. I think this restaurant is a sleeper - we really didn't realize how special this place is - until this recent visit. The wine selections are excellent, and we really enjoyed our visit. We also had a knowledgeable and organized server. Based on all these things - and the fresh balance of flavors in your menu, we hope and plan to come back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014It's a great place to bring a date. Romantic, and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Suset!mmb86VIPDined on 4/11/2014Tucked away in the Santa Monica Mall, you'd never think to try a place in the MALL, but the outdoor rooftop is an excellent place to enjoy food and wine with the amazing Santa Monica breeze and sunset. The outdoors is where it's at here. Don't bother to go and sit indoors, the food is good, but you can find better if you're fixing to ignore the outdoors. Good and friendly service and staff.Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable experienceDadahDined on 3/29/2014We had a very enjoyable experience at this restaurant. The service was truly outstanding and the food was very excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!CarolDined on 3/22/2014Great menu and food, great scene, love the outdoor patio!Special Features:
- Great friendly staff, food sub parPhilipDined on 3/21/2014Staff, was nice and friendly. Always made an effort to come and check on us and making sure we also had our fill with drinks. Food came from the 2 for $70 menu made for living social. Wouldn't say I liked any of the items. The salad and soup was ok, nothing spectacular or anything different from what I could get at where else for a salad and soup. That was paired with decent wine choices. The pizza was the shared appetizer - very very greasy - and we could taste the brick oven charred taste. We only shared 1 slice. Entrees were good, but again the emphasis being that of a plain word choice to describe the entree. I wouldn't come back for the food. Dessert - same as soup and salad. It was a scoop of ice creme with brownies. Overall OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentnylafoodieDined on 3/21/2014I have been a regular of the Sonoma brunch for months and so when my parents came into town I was excited to take them. I have always previously had an amazing time and the brunch was fabulously priced at $35 a piece all inclusive with food and unlimited drinks for two hours. Yet on this trip, not only did drink refills take 20-30 minutes each time and the waiter repeatedly hard to find, but they changed the price of the brunch without it being clear food was no longer included. We got sticker shock when the price for four was a $200 bill when the menu claimed a new price of $24.99 per person. When the manager was called over she claimed an email blast had been sent out on the change. Too bad their website was never updated. Epic fail.Special Features:
- Always a great choice!Joyfull14Dined on 3/15/2014Wonderful spot for cocktails or brunch. The best for people watching too! Energetic, vibrant and interesting menu. Beware... Parking us a challenge. Even though located on the top if a large mall, the parking lot is consistently full and valet parking had a 30 minute wait to park. Plan extra time but well worth the hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasting menueSioinSMVIPDined on 3/14/2014we had the tasting menu it was a great deal, and each plate is paired with wine or beerSpecial Features:
- Awesome food, dinner, wineLonnieDined on 3/8/2014Awesome food, dinner, wine and service. Especially recommend the Domestic and International Flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceCDL1Dined on 3/8/2014The service can best be described as disorganized. The lack of ID badges or any identifier that they worked at the restaurant made finding the correct person difficult. Tables packed so tightly on the deck that staff could not pass through easily. Wait staff were not able to give an accurate description of the menu items and appeared distracted. They did not offer the champagne brunch option when we ordered an item from the brunch list.Special Features:
- Better Before Live MusicPKitty319VIPDined on 3/4/2014I really like this spot, but when I recently went with a friend for the first time in a while, it was way too loud. They have live music now, which they didn't before. Much better before. Enough noise with all the mall - goers, third street patrons, etc. Also that was my second time for dinner, and I would only go back for happy hour or to share small plates. The entrees are disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service/decent food, 2 badSandieVIPDined on 2/28/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. Good thing we used a Living Social Voucher. The voucher was for a food and wine pairning with no substitutes. We both ordered the NY steak which was on the menu and was served a Filet Mignon instead with no explanation and no wine. Each course was supposed to be served with wine. We had to ask our waitress for wine each time because the wine was never served with the food. Needless to say, this restaurant has horrible service and it's too bad because the food was good. I will not be returing to this restaurant ever again.