Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica
395 Santa Monica Place, Suite 300
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonomawinegarden.com/
- Phone: (424) 214-4560
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Champagne Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Weekday Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 2:30pm - 11:00pm
*HAPPY HOUR* Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 7:00pm in the BAR ONLY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For all catering inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Sonoma Wine Garden offers event space with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy intimate candlelit wine dinners for 20 or custom receptions for 200; available seven days a week. Sonoma Wine Garden is the perfect place to celebrate corporate events, holiday parties, birthdays, award nominations and film premiers.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 480-223-7386x
- Entertainment: Prime + Wine on Mondays!
Live Music on Tuesday Nights, 7pm!!
- Special Events: For all special event inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica
A unique blend of classic Mediterranean and California cuisines, Sonoma Wine Garden emphasizes a casual dining experience, in a friendly atmosphere. Juxtaposing a wine country garden setting with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, Sonoma Wine garden is designed with exquisite outdoor elements to accent the wine and culinary experience California’s wine country is famous for. Featuring a wood-burning pizza oven, outdoor garden patio and upscale lounge area that offers countless wines from all over the world. Sonoma Wine Garden is a sophisticated new addition to the bustling atmosphere of Santa Monica Place. We're dog friendly too!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)notable wine list (35)good for groups (30)scenic view (25)fit for foodies (22)vibrant bar scene (22)romantic (21)great for brunch (21)special occasion (20)great for lunch (19)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Food absolutely cold when it came to our table. All we got were free brownies. It was my birthday and I only had a good time because of the alcohol and good company. The Manager never even came out to talk to us or apologize for the extremely cold food we received.Special Features:
- Great Brunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014The food and the bottomless brunch was amazing! Only downside was that we had a large group and were sat in a tight corner. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend the Sunday brunch menu. We also had two birthdays in my party and our waitress brought desserts as well, which was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma GO-noma!OfficialSPSPDined on 10/5/2014Sonoma Wine Garden has become my absolute regular GO-TO whether it's a romantic date, a catchup with a close friend or a group celebration. Perfect ambiance with candles and firepits, super helpful hosting and waiting staff. GREAT food and plate sharing options which I just love when they are a few options that you want to try I can't wait to keep going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceshewritesinsocalDined on 10/4/2014Fun, excellent server and amazing sommelier. Food is good, not great. Beautiful views. Upgrade the restrooms.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but a bit expensive lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/29/2014Great service, nice outdoor dining spot and enjoyable experience for lunch. Prices a bit high for what we ordered, but overall food was good. Wait staff does a nice job.Special Features:
- Alway great place to enjoy:-)karonssonVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great atmosphere, service, quality menu, amazing rooftop views:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- were a I. Y with there Prada shoesBillDined on 9/12/2014Ok food great, people stuffy from SM. I would come back with someone who I feltSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal...PhoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Even though you have to go through a shopping mall to get to this place, you don't feel like you're in a mall once you're inside. We ate outside right next to a fireplace that kept us comfortably warm in the cool night air. I found my favorite wine of all time here (Sixth Sense). Truffle fries here are best I've had so far. The food is consistently very good, and reasonably priced. Our server, Martin, was great and by the end of the night we had made a new friend. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Their food and service never disappoints. I've always had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alp73VIPDined on 8/19/2014We like this spot for outdoor dining but shame the view is not available. Wine is amazing, tho, and would highly recommend coming for a flight and letting staff recommentSpecial Features:
- "Bottomless Brunch" Price Increaselovefoodz3Dined on 8/17/2014Bottomless brunch prices recently changed. Previously the bottomless brunch price included both the meal and the mimosas and was a great deal. I loved going here for brunch. This week, though, we ended up spending twice as much because no one explained the price change. Bummed to lose this gem for it's ambiance, but it's way too pricey for the mediocre food. Not planning on coming back. :-(Special Features:
- Scenic Evening with FriendsluvfoodandfamilyDined on 8/16/2014Sonoma Wine Garden is a perfect place to take visitors and family. The views are beautiful and so L.A. when you want to show off our city. The arugula salad with skirt steak was flavorful. Unlike many other restaurants, we were able to have pleasant conversation while enjoying the view and our meal.Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014I was looking for a location for a lunch meeting that was both nice and dog friendly and Sonoma Wine Garden was perfect! Ambience was easy-beautiful but not stuffy, lovely patio, and great food! They were also very sweet and accommodating with my dog. Perfect for lunch meeting!!Special Features:
- Wine with a viewBlackLabelVIPDined on 8/14/2014I'll own up that the food and service were a bit pale compared to the rest of the experience (the Farmers Market Fruit & Cheese, for example, shouldn't tout cheese in its title, given that the wedge was barely enough for two bites between two people, leaving out the third diner. And our server, though polite, often forgot to check back in to make sure we had the basics…like silverware). Those issues aside, the wine list was lovely and the waiter knowledgeable in his recommendations -- and the bar's warm, upscale ambience was matched by a great view and the conversational buzz of a nice crowd. I'd go back…but probably for pre or post dinner drinks or to try one of the delicious looking pizzas.Special Features:
- great rooftop bar & dining.JenRecommendsVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great atmosphere, greatcfood & wine - the chacuterie plate is fantastic! Great for warn summer nights. Trendy, hip vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelindaFVIPDined on 8/3/2014A nice place to stop and have a drink or dinner if you are shopping at the mall.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderful,service and experience. We were accommodated even when we added a few more to our party. Server was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy choice overallMonterayDined on 7/26/2014Sonoma Wine Garden is my go-to on food/wine/ambiance when ever I have guests in town or just want to meet up with friends. It's always a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Had a black hair in our pizza. We ordered the bottomless mimosas and they were very slow to brining out drinks out. Overall, food was overpriced for what was served.Special Features:
- Very cool spotGinascucinaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great place to meet friends and hang out after work. Great happy hour. Sit on the patio...all types of seating form table and chairs to big comfy pillows. The bar and restaurant can be loud, but outside is nice. There are heaters. Great wine list and employees are friendly. Loved overlooking the Pacific Ocean! On the rop floor of the Sant Monica place. Check the level of parking that you park on. And the level that you walk into the mall on. They are different. A flaw that wasn't fixed when the mall was remodeled. You could parking on level 3 , but come into the mall on leave 2. Just be aware. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great patio for dinner, happy hourKellyGaleDined on 7/23/2014Come to Sonoma wine garden for dinner or happy hour and you'll be more than satisfied. The decor and ambiance are fantastic, as well as the helpful wait staff. Great spot!Special Features:
- The following 338 reviews are from the Sonoma Wine Garden - Santa Monica reviews archive.
- AWESOME BRUNCHSBFoodieDined on 7/6/2014My favorite place in Santa Monica. Awesome bottomless mimosa brunch for $30. The food was delish, and we hung around on the outdoor patio (with an amazing view) for practically the whole day. Cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Salad...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Salads were terrible. Especially Sonoma salad. Overpriced lettuceSpecial Features:
- outnaboutDined on 6/28/2014Nicely prepared fare, with some imaginative couplings. Well-presented, too. Wonderful wait- and bus-staff. It would be nice to have some more wine by the bottle for the 99% who dine at SWG, as well. There were a couple, but... The only drawback to Sonoma Wine Garden is the noise level, but sitting outside is the perfect solution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEatzDined on 6/28/2014The food needs makeover. Oysters were disappointing. Halibut was overcooked and baby back ribs were tasteless and dry.Special Features:
- BorisDined on 6/24/2014A relaxing break from shopping. Good food and a good menu. Lot's of choices.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance!winegirlDined on 6/14/2014Great appetizers and wine! Great ambiance! Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunFunDayDined on 6/1/2014It was great to have a brunch with ladies. They were nice to us with a baby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie2VIPDined on 5/26/2014The food was delicious, they have wonderful drinks and the staff was not only knowledgable but very accommodating! A great find and I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- My Go To Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2014Love this place! I take everyone here who is visiting from out of town. Regardless of HOW LONG it takes to get to Santa Monica, park, etc. this place is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiance!JessintheWestVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great wine selection and delicious small plates. Love the outdoor patio and bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the outdoor areaCamiDined on 5/24/2014I love Sonoma and the outdoor area for a sunny day break. You can find great wines + amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterRRnumber27Dined on 5/20/2014The food was good .The outside music was very nice after our inside dining.The service was lacking felt like we were not a priority for there was opportunity in table touches that were missed during our inside diningSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerKathleenDined on 5/17/2014We'd found this place by mistake several months earlier. We stepped in after a day of shopping to relax with a glass of wine and watch the sunset. We had planned to dine elsewhere and we're only getting relief here. They sat us at a large sofa and after the sun set, placed a large heater next to us. Needless to say we stayed and it became our new favorite spot! However, the second time, for my birthday, it was disasterous! We'd requested a couch again (really what made the whole experience) and got one facing AWAY from the view and into the noisy packed bar. The steps to the deck were right next to me and people were knocking over my purse trying to get up. The server was great but we've not been back since. That kinda ruined it for us. :(Special Features:
- Popular and invitingTroubleDined on 5/16/2014The restaurant is attractive and cleverly laid out accommodating the large volume of patrons, all of whom from outward appearances enjoyed their dining experience greatly. Service is quick and friendly. Those in my party who ranged in age from 24 to 61 felt the food was adequate or good enough. One felt it was the best meal she had had during our Santa Monica visit, but that wasn't saying much. I had anticipated great meals in Santa Monica, but each was surprisingly disappointing. Compounding this was the high cost for such mediocre fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoors in smInLACAVIPDined on 5/10/2014The fritata was quite good although the austrian pancake souffle was very heavy and starchy and I would not recommend. It was nice to sit outdoors although we found that there is no view of the ocean… just surrounding buildings.
- Awesome happy hour and bartenders!CaliValleyFoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2014Love this place!!! The wine list is the best...and so is the food! But wait...there is more! $5 happy hour at the bar from 12pm-7pm! YES...this is a true winner!! But the atmosphere and location is the absolute best for Sunday Brunch, or a evening with friends. Truly one of my favs!!!Special Features:
- outdoor diningSHOREHAMDined on 4/27/2014Went for sunday brunch and the bottomless mimosas. Nice place to hangout for the afternoon outdoors. Place was buzzingSpecial Features:
- Lovely Outdoor AmbiencePamsPicksVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great outdoor seating area to enjoy some Southern California weather and ocean view. Even if its a bit cooler there's tons of heat lamps and they'll provide blankets. Stick with simple the simpler dishes on their menu and you won't be steered wrong. For dinner, we loved the ribs, mussels and roasted chicken. The burrata salad was delicious too and they are very generous with the meats on the cheese platter. Will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Reservation must specify in/outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014When we made our reservation, we do not know there's outdoor and indoor. As a result we were not given a choice but put in a table outdoor. That day, the wind was blowing more than 12 knots (which is when you get white heads on the waves). Freezing cold. not very pleasant. But the server is so good, she was able to get us a backup table indoor later on and we enjoyed our dessert inside.Special Features: