Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach
189 Central Park Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23462Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonomatowncenter.com/
- Phone: 7574909463x
- Hours of Operation:
Sonoma offers lunch and dinner daily. Lunch hours are 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and dinner begins at 3:00 PM. We also offer a Sunday brunch from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chef Mackenzie Hess
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering menu available for mixer-style events
Prix fixe dinner menus available at a variety of price points
Please contact us for more information
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it’s a business function or celebration with friends, we can meet your dining needs. Our enclosed private dining room is perfect for business meetings and special occasions. The room can accommodate up to eighteen guests and can be decorated to your liking. With advanced notice, we also can easily accommodate seated groups of up to forty in a specially sectioned area of our dining room for private functions. Savor the benefits of controlling your own personal dining atmosphere. Contact us today for assistance in planning your special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Ann Wagener, FOH Manager/Certified Sommelier x
- Special Events: Sippin' Saturdays every other Saturday
2:00 to 3:00 at the bar | $15 per person
6 wines, light appetizers
Please call ahead.
Happy Hour 3PM to 6PM daily and all day Sunday (10AM to 9PM)
Half-priced appetizers, various drink specials
A word from Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach
Welcome to Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro, the foremost wine destination in Hampton Roads featuring a 400-bottle list, 70 wines available by the glass in both flight- and full-sized pours, and the highest quality cuisine in the area. Our highly knowledgeable staff’s friendly attitude engages both oenophiles and those just learning about wine, so come on in! Our culinary team offers a health-conscious signature blend of eclectic American foods prepared with a European bistro flair. Executive Chef Mackenzie Hess has a knack for offering creative dishes that are pleasing to all the senses and feature local ingredients whenever possible. Daily deliveries ensure the freshest and highest-quality ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (16)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful from start to finishChrisDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. We were seated right away. The service was wonderful and keenly aware of every aspect of our meal. Good recommendations. The ribeye was wonderfully cooked to order and the wine complimented it well. The ambiance and interior decor was very warm with lots of earth tones. Comfortable and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014You do not get a whole of food for your money, but it us definitely delicious. Waiter was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014First time going. Enjoyed the wine flights to get a good feel of the different wines offered. Cheese board was amazing and well worth the price. Seasonal specials were very tasty.Special Features:
- Great date night place!NIKtrollyDined on 9/5/2014We chose this place on a whim, and we're not disappointed. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was quiet for romantic conversations. Service staff could be more attentive, but overall great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No I don't eat saladmulan14Dined on 8/30/2014Wes was a great server . However they do not have a single vegetarian dish . I found sides that came with a steak dinner so I had that . But they charged me 19 dollars for as asparagus and rice risotto . Yes I created a meal but not for 19 bucks , they did decrease the charges to 14 dollars .Special Features:
- Good but not greatMcRonDined on 8/16/2014Service was excellent. The steak was delicious, but the scallops were a disappointment.Special Features:
- was a supriseHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 8/7/2014I want there for lunch. The food was very good. I found the short rib burger to be very good and flavorful. Service was very good. I would be interested to see if the dinner menu is more diverse then the lunch menu but I would go back again.Special Features:
- unpretentioouspicky42Dined on 8/1/2014Great wine list, nice happy hour specials, excellent food. Clearly a hang out for people who live in Town Center. Casual but quiet atmosphere. Not where you would go for a party, but a nice place for friends.Special Features:
- Loved the food, picked a bad nightemiller66Dined on 7/30/2014We had dined at Sonoma Wine Bar before and thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved it on WED as well, but the wait staff appeared overstressed this evening. We waited much longer than usual to be served everything from initial drinks to desert. Waitress was very nice and very knowledgeable, just clearly overtaxed.Special Features:
- Glorified Fast FoodTedGDined on 7/19/2014If you are seeking a nice dinning experience you should avoid this restaurant. The menu is limited and the service was awful. We are not "you guys". A portion of my meal was uncooked, there was no offer to cook it, the server said he would "tell the chef". It had been over 2 years since our previous visit which had been delightful however after what we experienced we have written it off.
- What a great birthday dinner!!Bdgirl2Dined on 7/12/2014My husband took me here for a very special birthday dinner and it was amazing!! The service was excellent and our server was friendly, knowledgeable and very attentive and the food was delicious. I would recommend Sonoma to anyone wanting a special night out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Server was attentive yet allowed our conversation to control the evening, not forcing focus on rushing to turn over the table. Reservation accommodation for location was honoredSpecial Features:
- StileDined on 7/12/2014The service is always excellent. The scallops melt in your mouth and we perfectly seasoned. The abundant wine list would satisfy the most discriminating pallet.Special Features:
- The following 461 reviews are from the Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach reviews archive.
- AwesomeKbear0817Dined on 6/27/2014My parents and I have been coming here for years and the food is always amazing along with the service. They never disappoint!Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysLupoDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I have dined at Sonoma 5 times and it is always the same, delicious food with outstanding service.Special Features:
- SonomaDurstDined on 6/18/2014Classy place for food and drink. Good ambiance, service, and food, with large wince selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedDianaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Mom had the Atlantic salmon. A good-sized serving and was cooked to order with a balsamic reduction glaze. Served over squash and haricot verts. I had the almond encrusted scallops. So yummy; wish there was another scallop on the plate! Served over spinach couscous with a cream sauce made of white chocolate and bananas. So subtle, but soooo good. Husband had the mahi mahi special that he thoroughly enjoyed. And everything was presented so nicely on the plate. Mom and I split the apple pie served in puff pastry with the creamiest vanilla gelato we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobmacVIPDined on 6/5/2014Very attractive restaurant, exceptional wine list, with good but not great food, particularly for price points. My scallops were good, but not outstanding and portion was small for the price; my friend said his filet was very good. Service was efficient, although with a bit more attitude than necessary for this setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Lpc2108Dined on 5/28/2014I took my mother here for her birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better evening! Our waiter, Wes, was very knowledgable and always attentive. The wine and food were to die for. It was simply a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and delightfulQuiet1Dined on 5/24/2014Sonoma was a wonderful way to spend my very quiet birthday celebration. Our server was knowledgeable and personable. She made sure we were well taken care of. Our entrees were amazing, especially since the chef prepared mine as a special request off menu. I love trying different wines and adding to my wine "likes" list when shopping. If only there were some way to move the restaurant to a scenic spot, it would be the perfect place. Somehow, "downtown VA Beach" hasn't quite turned into that place of scenic wonder - maybe if the parking lot across the street was a beautiful park with green and not concrete landscaping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite BrunchcandicodeitDined on 5/18/2014I love this place for brunch. I typically get the seafood benedict but this time I got the veggie one. It was delicious! It was a great place to have my book club meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LonghornVIPDined on 5/12/2014Had a lunch meeting and the food was good and we were able to converse.Special Features:
- Always love Sonoma Wine BarMbordelonDined on 4/28/2014Been to Sonoma a number of times - great and creatively prepared and presented food. The wine list is stellar. Service is very good - friendly and not "overdone".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Our dinner was amazing and our service was tremendous:) We had a great expierence and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014took a longer time than last time we were there to get our food and longer for desert, and they were way less busy that the first time we were there on news year eve 2014 nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Food was amazing!! Service awesome and it was a small quaint place. I am not a wine drinker myself but the food was fantastic! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itswmonaDined on 4/12/2014Happy hour is a GREAT deal there! The service was quite good and the bartender/waiter was knowledgeable, helpful and very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitLeLeDined on 4/10/2014The spot was cute. The food was good but nothing that made me say, "Ooh I gotta try this!" The steak we ordered wasn't cooked as requested but still tasty. The wines we wanted weren't offered but comprable suggestions were made. The server was knowledgeable. The ambience was nice but I didn't like that you can see into the bathrooms from the dining area. It wasn't terrible it just wasn't all that I was hoping for. The desert was great! Overall it was cool... Worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always amazing, freshOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/1/2014Food is always amazing, fresh and delicious. Great wine selection. Knowledgeable servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive wine listBethDined on 3/30/2014With great deals on full bottles during Happy Hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch Ever!!ImaniDined on 3/30/2014Great food, reasonable wine prices and even better service.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemLouieDined on 3/29/2014Very casual atmosphere that anyone can enjoy. Brunch is fabulous and the french toast is to die for. Crabcakes and pasta dishes are delicious. Great wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeConniePDined on 3/27/2014Several of the food items were heavy on the pepper. The drinks were good but very expensive. 12.00 for a martini. The service was great and they made you feel important. The host at the door even used my name when I was leaving. Overall, it was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to our expectationsGoodToGoVIPDined on 3/25/2014Bar scene was very energetic and made conversation difficult. Food was creative but expensive. Entrees needed explanation to reveal contents. Wine list was very good, somewhat on the high side.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAnnPDined on 3/22/2014I went on a Saturday night, and took my parents who were in from out of town. The food was fabulous, service excellent, but it was loud. There may have been a noisy table but in general it was loud. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!TomGDined on 3/16/2014Went for dinner and a few glasses of wine. Great atmosphere, service was great and very knowledgeable. We will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma Does Not DisappointNicoleGDined on 3/12/2014I have been to Sonoma a few times over the years, and I am never anything but satisfied with my experience. The host was personable and the server was knowledgeable and friendly. The food was great, as always.Special Features:
- WonderfulCindyDined on 3/11/2014I enjoyed my dinner at the Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro on a business trip. The Pasta Sonoma was fabulous, with just the right amount of tangy from the olives and a perfect dash of feta to compliment. If I'm back in Virginia Beach, I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I decidedAphilli5Dined on 3/4/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go to Sonoma because we bought I groupon. I had been there before and I always enjoyed the food and service. Right from the start our waiter was rude to me because I didn't hear what he said. Our cheese board took 45 minutes and the only thing the waiter said was it's on it's way. No manager came to speak with us. Finally we get our cheese board and it was because they gave it to another table. They did take it off our check but than our dinner came out 5 minutes later. So needless to say service was bad the food was pretty good.Special Features:
- I had mentioned to my childrenTonyDined on 3/4/2014I had mentioned to my children that the Sonaoma looked like a nice place to go. Not much later, they gave us a Groupon so we would try it out. Well we were very impressed by the food and the excellent attentive service that we received. The wine list is great and the desserts very delicious. We will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.