Sonoma Cellar Steak House - Sunset Station Hotel & Casino
1301 West Sunset Road
Henderson, NV 89014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Sonoma Cellar Steak House - Sunset Station Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sunsetstation.sclv.com/Dining/Sonoma-Cellar.aspx
- Phone: 7025477777x7898
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Johnny Beeland
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sunset Station Hotel and Casino offers a full service catering department. Your every needed will be catered by our expert professional catering staff.
- Private Party Facilities: The beautifully appointed Vintners room can accommodate smaller groups up to 24 guests. Dine in an authentic wine cellar complete with brick arched ceilings and elegantly appointed lighting. Choose from one of our specially prepared menus for your private dinning needs. Call now!
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Fahey 7025477810x
- Cross Street: Sunset / Stephanie/Marks
- Public Transit: Sunset Station is accessible through Silver Star Bus Route RT 717 stop F (Sunset Station).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available right outside the restaurant right next to the Strike Zone Bowling Center. Valet Parking available through the Hotel main entrance.
A word from Sonoma Cellar Steak House - Sunset Station Hotel & Casino
Sonoma Cellar is the Valley’s finest Steakhouse voted Best Local Steakhouse in the Review Journal serving the finest prime, dry aged, hand cut beef. Start with a delicious selection of appetizers such as our bacon-wrapped shrimp, soups like our lobster bisque and salads like the signature Steakhouse Salad. Remember to always save room for our incredible desserts including tableside flambé options. Choose from our award winning wine list that a restaurant of this name can only have. From start to finish, it will be a meal you won’t soon forget!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonoma Cellar Steak House - Sunset Station Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in Henderson ›
Sonoma Cellar Steak House - Sunset Station Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (13)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- One of the best Steak HousesFoodfreakDined on 10/10/2014Have been going there for several years. The food ,service,and ambiance is perfect for us We like a quiet environment unlike Sunset Stn. GVR Hanks which is too noisy for us. Steaks and food in general we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GemFBC4Dined on 9/15/2014our waiter Robert was one of the best I have ever had, and even with the table next to us with an unconsiderate B_____ he was still composed and polite. I love this place and Robert made my wifes birthday a special occasion with his kindness and service. 5 stars all aroundSpecial Features:
- Steak and SauceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The steaks were done perfect and the sauces that go with them are out of this world.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Excellent food and service. Party of five and not one complaint. We were all very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here, eat here and enjoy!SpikeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful menu, with many of the selections prepared and served table-side. One of our entrees was prepared and served by our server, Brian, in a professional, yet friendly manner that you won't find too many places. Sonoma Cellar is an oasis of fine dining and tasty food in the southeast valley. If you want to loose the pretentiousness of the traditional steak house yet still want a great meal, well prepared, served and supported by staff that is knowledgeable and engaging, a quiet and not overbearing setting and of course, very tasty food -- then go here, eat here and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business eventGroupEightDined on 8/24/2014Very good entrees with a very nice location. Had some very nice dinner special, rack of Lamb and the lobster tail was huge, like the slice of cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma CellardissappointedDined on 8/8/2014In the past we felt this restaurant was stuffy and the server pushy. This and our last visit was very opposite. Eric was our server & we had a very enjoyable meal. No one trying to hard-sell everything and grateful for all that we did order -thank you Eric. Steakhouse & tomato balsamic salads delicious, filet & lobster of high quality-cooked to perfection cilantro garlic sauce not to be missed for steaks. Sea bass delicious, service attentive not intrusive. Twice baked potato as expected. We celebrated a birthday and was served complimentary cake-again thank you Eric. Hopefully, Sonoma is appreciating locals. We recommend a lot in the community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic serviceeweneekestDined on 8/7/2014Our food was good, I had the steak and lobster special and hubby had the 28 oz. Lobster tail. Jason our server made our meal fabulous, he was very attentive. So of the best service we had in a long time. Dessert was a complimentary slice of cheesecake with happy birthday written on plate in chocolate. It was yummy. We were so happy with our service we tipped more than 20%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats!SlappyDined on 7/25/2014All in all a wonderful dining experience that everyone should try. Food is absolutely delicious and cooked to your liking. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Must try there new huge lobster tail special! The sides and service were all great. Will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014Had a great time at Sonoma Cellar. Brian provided excellent service, as well as food and beverage recommendations. Would recommend SC to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLasVegasLocalVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had a great dining experience at Sonoma Cellar. Our filets and lobster were cooked properly and both were delicious. We had a nice, quiet booth, as we requested. The only food item that lacked quality was the pretzel bread, which is one of my favorites. It was quite hard and difficult to eat. Other than that, our water glasses were kept full and the service was excellent. The NY Cheesecake was a nice dessert to top off the meal. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarieDined on 6/22/2014Love the quality of their steaks. Delicious and tender. We are locals and always celebrate special family occasions there. It's pricey for our pocket book that's why we limit it to "special ocassion" celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was okaydaynDined on 6/21/2014Not the best, not the worst. Had the lobster and it was okay. The melted butter was in a dish that was not designed to keep it hot. Wine was nice but had to fill my own glass. Service 101 always fill the customers glass. Will I go back...maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 309 reviews are from the Sonoma Cellar Steak House - Sunset Station Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- Birthday celebrationLVLocalsDined on 5/25/2014We have eaten at Sonoma Cellar several times and find it to be excellent. This time we did something unusal. Instead of ordering an entree both my wife and I ordered an appetizer, soup and a salad. That was ample food and brought the cost up to about that of an entree. Highlights were my wife's shrimp cocktail (4 very large shrimp which she said were very good) and the onion soup which we both ordered. We both thought that the salads were smaller than on previous visits (probably because of the higher price of food nowadays) and my caesar salad needed a lot of pepper for flavor. Hot bread is excellent and brought upon being seated. The service was terrific. Finallyl arge piece of chocolate cake was brought for my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Excellent menustagingstarVIPDined on 5/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience in a beautiful ambience removed from the frenzy of the casino noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperiencebbrownDined on 5/16/2014This was my first time dining at Sonoma Cellar Steak House. And I was so impressed. The Wine list was outstanding. We had a bottle of the best pino grigeo. The Oysters rockafellar were off the hook. The best I ever had! The filet was tender and juicy and scallops were so yummy they melted in my mouth. The waiter really made our evening. He was attentive , knowledgeable , very friendly and funny! I will for sure be back to dine in the future.Special Features:
- Great restarauntKatraeDined on 5/11/2014The food and service was excellent. The Ambiance was very nice, we were put at a lovely table with a view of the entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINITINGYEAHBABYDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day, prices were not what were in the menu. Husband steak was undercook then horribly chard, he ending up not eating.
- wonderfulemmaDined on 5/9/2014it was our first visit & it will not be the last. we are locals from Henderson & truly enjoyed Sonoma cellars. Definitely the best steaks in town. WE have been to Hanks for dinner & you guys truly surpass Hanks in every way. From great service, knowledgeable waiter about wines and the food. we will be back Thank You carolynSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced under deliveredRosebudDined on 4/27/2014We dine out regularly and decided to give Sonoma a try. I don't mind high prices if the food, service, and overall experience is a hit but this place was a swing and a miss. We will not be returning.
- Good Not GreatJanCDined on 4/26/2014This was our first time eating here. The steaks were OK but I would expect better since it's supposed to be a steak house. The steaks were not worth the price paid. The sides were yummy, mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes. Not sure we would eat here again.Special Features:
- ExcellantDarrey1Dined on 4/12/2014Everyone was really friendly, pleasant and helpful especially Tony (bar area). Next time we come to Vegas it'll be our first stop for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningRockChalkDined on 4/5/2014The food was outstanding and our server was excellent. She took time to go over the menu and specials and our meal was delivered on time. The meal was prepared as we requested. Will definitely return and recommend to others. It was my birthday and she provided a complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert was our server andLuciaVorenaDined on 3/28/2014Robert was our server and was not at all attentive. Halibut special was fine. The filet mignon was okay. One of our sides was forgotten when the rest of the meal was served as well as the sauce I requested for my steak. The creamed corn was excellent. The twice baked potato was simply okay. The mac & cheese was awful. Our drinks were fine. I highly doubt we'll return anytime soon.
- Good Food & ServiceGlassoaksVIPDined on 3/7/2014Our table was waiting when we arrived just an hour after making the reservation online. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Salads were fresh. Fish was well prepared. The potato gratin was a bit charred on the top but still tender and flavorful underneath. Overall a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 3/1/2014We've been to Sonoma Cellar before and have had good/decent meals. However, I couldn't eat my sea bass and my husband's filet mignon was dry and tasteless. When the waiter came to clear plates he asked if I wanted a take home box. I told him that I couldn't eat the fish. He apologized, but did not offer a meal replacement, complimentary dessert, or credit. We left feeling like we wasted our money and evening. We will not be back.
- The steak was one of the bestcrazyDined on 6/28/2012The steak was one of the best I've ever had and waiter was awesome.
- We hooked up with anotherBigREDDined on 6/27/2012We hooked up with another couple who rarely go to Sonoma and they were totally impressed with the food. They thought it was a great value for the money.Special Features:
- Always enjoy our dinner there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012Always enjoy our dinner there. We live nearby but only go for special occasions or for a special treat for out of town guests.Special Features:
- We were celebrating a birthdayRockChalkDined on 6/9/2012We were celebrating a birthday and staff went out of their way to make it an enjoyable evening. HIghly recommend!Special Features:
- Sonoma is a reasonably priced,LVKatDined on 6/8/2012Sonoma is a reasonably priced, good quality Vegas steakhouse. Very pretty, quiet and cozy, with excellent cuts of meat. The twice baked potatoes are amazing too!Special Features:
- Food and Service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2012Food and Service was good. Side dishes are good for sharing and staff (Justin) was helpful in offering suggestions. Did not like the booth we were provided in the back corner as there is a server station next to the booth and there was bust traffic back and forth by the table that provided a distraction to the dining experience.Special Features:
- Javier was an awesome serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/29/2012Javier was an awesome server and recommended the Bone-In Ribeye which was excellent! The chopped salad was also great!
- Great wine list with severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2012Great wine list with several nice half-bottle selections. Service was top notch and our foods were prepared perfectly. We definitely revisit next time we are in Las Vegas.
- We have frequented SonomaBigREDDined on 5/19/2012We have frequented Sonoma since its inception and have always had pleasant dining experiences. The only reason I rated the food at 4 was because the broccoli came out severely over cooked. It never should have been plated. It was "mushy". However, the scallops on the other hand were wonderful, as was the filet that accompanied it. Overall it was another great time, we were just disappointed that they even served the broccoli dish.Special Features:
- Steaks are excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2012Steaks are excellent, service great. But on the expensive side. Dinner for 2: 1 appetizer, 2 salads, 2 steaks and 2 potatoes - no alcohol or dessert - will run about $140.00. If you have the money, definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Avoid this restaurant...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012One of the worst meals in a long time. Overcharged for this poor quality food which was prepared without care.
- Mother's Dayrkp1Dined on 5/13/2012The Mother's Day brunch was very good with a wide selection of breakfast choices along with chicken, steak, lobster, shrimp. A wide variety of fruits etc. We enjoyed the buffet, service, drinks, and great staff. Thankyou again for a great family memory.Special Features:
- staff very friendly verycoupondebiVIPDined on 5/9/2012staff very friendly very busy waiter was running little lack of serviceSpecial Features: