Sonoma Bistro & Wine Bar
3523 S. Peoria
Tulsa, OK 74105Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Sonoma Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sonomatulsa.com/
- Phone: (918) 747-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Pizza served until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Thompson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 35th Pl. & Peoria
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room with Television seating 12-30.
- Private Party Contact: Mark 9187479463
A word from Sonoma Bistro & Wine Bar
Sonoma is a casual California Wine Bar & Bistro serving gourmet pizzas and Northern California inspired entrees, sandwiches, salads and appetizers. Sonoma offers 100 wines by the glass from mostly New World wineries as well as over 40 of the best micro brew beers available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sonoma Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- good food, okay servicefatboyVIPDined on 9/8/2014I love this place because its nice enough to take someone out too, but you don't have to worry about it hitting you in the pocket book. I come here all the time and the food is great, but the service seems to be slow. The servers are nice though so its not something that bothers me too much. Definitely recommend this place for business lunches or a nice date out.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDavidDined on 9/6/2014Very diverse menu, so chances are there will be something to appeal to everyone. The food was well prepared and presented, and excellent. Wait staff were attentive and friendly. We were seated immediately. We sat in the front patio, where the noise level was very low. From my brief time inside the restaurant, it also seemed to be relatively quiet. Wine list has some nicely interesting choices. Desserts were excellent.Special Features:
- !!!!shoeloverDined on 8/28/2014I love this place. They never let me down. Whether it's my husband and me or girls night out, it's on of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesEyeToDetailDined on 8/11/2014This is a neighborhood spot for us, but even if it weren't, we would likely travel to eat well and be treated well here as is nearly always the case. Great management, great cooking, and great service are usual, and so we brought a guest this time. Another successful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 105 reviews are from the Sonoma Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- ReliableMJTulsaDined on 6/15/2014we have been to Sonoma several times and are always pleased with our meals....food is delicious and they are attentive. It was great for a Fathers Day meal and not too noisy. Had the crabcake as an appetizer and it was fabulous.. as was the Citrus CHicken...Special Features:
- A Mother's Day DelightCaliPalateDined on 5/11/2014I'm not quite sure how this place wasn't overrun on Mother's Day! I am a California transplant myself, and Sonoma's menu encapsulates the fun, and daring fusion choices the state prides itself on. My mother was thrilled with the BBQ Salmon Tamale, as was my Grandma with her Cuban sandwich. I thoroughly enjoyed every savory bite of the chorizo burger, as well as the Blueberry Butter Cake for dessert! And their wine list holds it's own! Definitely will be making a return shortly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, fair serviceelle918Dined on 5/11/2014I went here with my grandmother and my 2 year old son after church for Mother's Day. Our waitress, who was nice, didn't do the best job at being attentive. She kind of left us there after being seated. Didn't bring bread until we asked (which was quite a long time after we were seated) and my hungry son was getting antsy. I am sure it was due to it being busy, but that was the only complaint. The food was awesome!Special Features:
- SonomaRachDined on 4/20/2014FUN place to grab brunch and lunch and dinner. Great food, well priced and the staff is very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceAAM12Dined on 4/19/2014slow, inattentive staff. Food is sub-par. Expected more overall.Special Features:
- Solid as alwaysHungryVIPDined on 4/12/2014Again, a very good meal at Sonoma. Food & Wine magazine isn't going to write an exposee on Sonoma anytime soon, but the food is always quality - it is the only place in town that has not even delivered a so-so dish. Buffalo calamari and the crabcake to start (as always) and did not disappoint. The trout, the steak, and the pizza were all well prepared and hit the spot. Just wish the vinaigrette hadn't been dowsed all over the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!TeryDDined on 3/7/2014Had not been to Sonoma for some time, and it never disappoints. Great menu and wait staff, we had a lovely dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eveything was very good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Eveything was very good except my wife's entree the talpia was kinda of boring tasteless my son and I liked ours and the appitizers and desert were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of Tulsa's bestDavidbDined on 2/14/2014This is one of Tulsa's best little secret places. The service is great. The food is wonderful. Great atmosphere. My wife and I have dined here a few times and it's always been a good experience. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma has a very broad menuJaneDined on 2/14/2014Sonoma has a very broad menu and since I was dieting I ate the chicken. It was very moist and had great flavor. The dessert we shared was amazing! I will definitely go back. The server we had was so good.Special Features:
- Awesome mealBrunchBunchVIPDined on 2/12/2014Went for an early valentine date and couldn't have enjoyed it more. Great wine list. Try the fried pickles. Best I've ever had. We had the chicken dish and the tuna salad. Both were fantastic. Great meal!Special Features:
- Good Food on a Short TimetableAnnieSDined on 1/26/2014We had tickets to a Broadway show downtown and arrived later than we wanted. We told our waiter, and he was very kind and helpful. Food arrived quickly, and he brought the check a little early, which helped. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeTulsaCoupleVIPDined on 12/20/2013Having frequented Sonoma for the past two years, we were quite disappointed this time. Wait time was well beyond reasonable and our waiter was unusually oblivious. We spent the night wishing we had the young lady serving in the adjacent section vs. male server we had.Special Features:
- Why so empty?HungryVIPDined on 11/13/2013We love it here - the food is always good and they have a solid list of wines by the glass. We've been for brunch, dinners on weekends, and now a dinner on a weeknight and always come away with one question - why is it always empty? Do Tulsans not appreciate good fare and wines? Buffalo calamari and crabcake to start - both are delicious. The steak and gorgonzola was delicious and cooked perfectly. The personal pizza our guest had was delicious - one of the better pizzas I've tasted in Tulsa (which, admittedly, isn't saying much, but it is still good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why so empty?HungryVIPDined on 9/6/2013This is quickly becoming our go-to if we need something in the neighborhood and just want to get out of the house unexpectedly. The buffalo calamari and crabcake are fantastic. I had fish tacos, again, and can only rave about them. My wife loves the salads. And the flatbreads are great as well. Why isn't this place more popular?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedjmwdoVIPDined on 8/17/2013FIrst trip to Sonoma (likely last). Atmosphere is brightly lit, hard wooden chairs, wood floors, high celings, nothing to buffer sound of large groups. Service fast but perfunctory, no personal touch. Took full 5 minutes to produce the glasses of wine we ordered. I ordered corn soup which was tasty but VERY SPICY, I like spicy so was ok with me but there was no spicy in the description or warning from waiter so if I were a patron just expecting creamy corn chowder could have been bad. Husband ordered caprese salad. They used very run of the mill, grocery story variety cherry tomatoes, in Oklahoma in August would have expected juicy, red, beefsteak tomatoes with big flavor. I had BBQ salmon that had same spicy chowder as sauce, NOT GOOD.
- Amazing food - incompetent serviceAndyVIPDined on 6/1/2013I think the problem with this place is management - it's certainly not the food! We were sitting for 35 minutes before we got our drinks, which came after the appetizers. Part of this time was because the host didn't inform our waiter, and that waiter wasn't particularly good at their job. I would go back only because the food was amazing and reasonably priced - everyone was happy with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty, same old menu...Looking2EatVIPDined on 3/16/2013The food tasted too salty. That was the main flavor, please lighten up guys. I luv the restaurant but they need to rotate the menu, rework the entrees and appetizers. Lets see some new items please!
- Was disappointed with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Was disappointed with our experience this time. Normally, its really good, but fell short this time. My Habaneros Apricot burger was WELL done to the point of no taste. Waiter was "ok" but had to be reminded a couple of times on drink orders (seemed like he forgot). We'll be back .. but this time wasnt up to normal quality.
- Awesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was our Valentine's choice and it was perfect! The fried pickles were great!Special Features:
- Had reserv for 7 pm; a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Had reserv for 7 pm; a busy Sat nite. Had to wait almost 30min for table - not necessarily caused by mgmt overbooking, but diners lingering long at table.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant. HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Love this restaurant. Have raheem a current for Happy Hour and most recently dined there with friends. The cheese tray is wonderful with an interesting combination of cheese spreads and a delicious compote. Good selection of unique wines. Good ambiance, good service, good location. Good choice!Special Features:
- Brookside stapleValentineDined on 12/22/2012Good food and service as usual. The pizzas and chicken dishes are particularly good. My wife had the Huevos Rancheros on the brunch menu and said they were the best she has eaten.Special Features:
- Our party would give mixedAndyVIPDined on 11/24/2012Our party would give mixed reviews of this place. Personally, I had no problem with anything other than an awkward table assignment. My wife had an item on her pizza that she explicitly wanted taken off, but the waiter and manager were prompt to correct the situation. It is had to fault them due to the excellent handling of the problem.
- Great food and staff!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012We love Sonoma, it's usually where I go with girlfriends for a good dinner to catch-up. The food couldn't have been better. One of our dishes came out wrong and the staff was amazing and very apologetic even offering us 2 free desserts. I will definitely be back to Sonoma soon!!Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. The wait staff is always friendly and the manager is phenomenal. He is very attentive to details. It is always a relaxing evening and this is the perfect restaurant for a large party. The pasta primavera and the garlic chicken are my favorites, and you can't forget to order the Blueberry gooey cake for desert! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Serviceable Brookside bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012Decent. Service and food were slow. Prices are moderate for what you get. Good wine list. Cloudy iced tea. Hostess was vapid. Server was a little "dull."Special Features:
- The service and food wereBradCDined on 8/20/2012The service and food were both excellent, making it a great little place for an casual dinner.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Food was very good. Staff, except for bar was inattentive.
- I think this is our new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012I think this is our new favorite place. Bistro has a large menu of delicious food items and a large selection of wines to choose from. The wait staff is friendly and easy to work with. Overall, a great place to eat with family and friends.Special Features:
- Excellent in all ways : menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Excellent in all ways : menu, affordability, service, quality, location, ambiance, and atmosphere.Not going here is missing out on a treasure.Special Features:
- The small plates are justOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/30/2012The small plates are just the right size when paired with a small salad. Try the Fetuccine.Special Features:
- I enjoyed dinner at Sonoma.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012I enjoyed dinner at Sonoma. 1 point though - the tuna burger/sandwich is a burger, not a steak. The atmosphere was nice, decor very pretty and clean.Special Features:
- LOVED the place! We are notOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2012LOVED the place! We are not quite locals and wanted to find a good early dinner late, lunch spot. Loved the atmosphere. Seemed a lot of locals were in attendance. Saw a lot of hellos and hugs. Kind staff, very good food. Just wanted a good burger split in half with my husband as we were in between appoinments. It was wonderful, cooked perfectly, split beautifully on two plates with sweet pot. fries. Drinks were great and reasonable price, over the top wine menu by the glass! Lots of al fresco dining in front and back of restaurant.Special Features:
- Our second time at Sonoma.TulsaCoupleVIPDined on 2/14/2012Our second time at Sonoma. It's a nice little place in the Brookside area. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good wine list and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Good wine list and food. Not very private though. They sit you very close to other customers.Special Features: