206 Worcester Road
Princeton, MA 01541Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sonoma-princeton.com/
- Phone: 9784645775
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: From 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Sullivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fully customized catering. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Brady 9784645775
- Entertainment: Classical Guitarist on Friday Evenings 6:30pm - 9:30pm
A word from Sonoma
Sonoma offers the finest in Global Cuisine to produce a fusion of cultures and taste. Praised for innovative combinations of ingredients and imaginative presentations. Sonoma's menu changes constantly to provide only the freshest and most seasonable products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonoma - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Sonoma reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (76)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Happy 25th Anniversary for us.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014First time we had ever been to Sonoma. It was for our 25th Anniversary . I had spoken to a chef there ahead of time . Very friendly and informative. If it's not on the menu ask for it and they will get it. The service from Angela was very articulate and She was friendly . The food was great! We tried the Ostrich, It was so good! my Husband had rack of lamb. He loved it! I had the filet minion. It came with 6 sides. Just a great experience and very happy I planned our special night there. The music was beautiful. I'm SO Happy with the whole night! Thank you! They even gave us a medallion of chocolate that said Happy Anniversary on it. I will and have already recommended Sonoma to every I know! Thank you, The Thompsons.Special Features:
- Very good foodmemboDined on 10/10/2014Service was very good,felt like a king.Food was excellent,it was the best place i went in a long time.Special Features:
- Always a treat!RachaelDined on 10/8/2014Another fabulous experience. We wee celebrating our anniversary and brought our 2 teenage sons. They loved every bite. Caesar salad, beet salad, escargot, scallops, filet and duck....all fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Sonoma is the restaurant gem of the Wachusett area. Rarely can you find a restaurant that has outstanding cuisine, top-notch service, and an atmosphere that allows for thoughtful conversation...all under one roof. That's what you get at Sonoma.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningFrogmeyerDined on 10/4/2014As usual, the service and food were outstanding! The featured items are intriguing and delicious. Service is friendly and servers are sooo informative regarding everything on the menu and wine list. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- A Special RestaurantFoodtabulousDined on 10/3/2014Don't be fooled by the plaza location. Sonoma offered a very pleasant experience from beginning to end. It is not a rushed atmosphere and the guitarist they had on Friday night was wonderful. Like being at a spa. The food was fabulous and they are very accommodating. If you are looking to celebrate a special occasion or just feel like being spoiled, try Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donald LundstromDonaldDined on 10/2/2014We always book a reservation with Sonoma for a perfect dining experience and our anniversary on October 2nd did not disappoint. My wife's Korean Shortribs were lavishly seasoned with a medley of spices that complemented the wonderful presentation of this tender boneless selection. My filet mignon was cooked exactly to my request and was also accompanied by wonderful sides. Starting with escargot and finishing with creme broulet made for a wonderful symphony to celebrate 49 terrific years together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 10/1/2014From the moment you are greeted until the staff says good night, Sonoma is fabulous! The food and presentation are beyond compare. Although expensive for weekly dining, you get what you pay for and no one leaves hungry. Wonderful restaurant. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Romantic dinner with light acoustic guitar playing, no young kids or loud noises. The food was expensive, but well worth it for the quality and display. Everything had a unique taste. Our table had the lamb, duck, halibut and shrimp/scallop dishes, all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always, The BestJerryDined on 9/27/2014Sonoma remains one of the top restaurants in central MA. It continues to find ways to better itself and always presents a menu that is fit for kings and queens. The staff is friendly, pleasant and top notch and the food is always "the best." While more expensive than most, Sonoma never fails to impress and is perfect for romantic evenings, quiet dining and special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014We came here for our anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased with the service and amazing meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TowerHill801Dined on 9/24/2014We had wanted to come to this gem for many years based on reviews that we had seen. It took us over an hour in travel time but is well worth the trip. This casually elegant restaurant serves the finest food in a relaxed atmosphere. Our waitress, Angela, was spot on. She knew her wines and foods. We followed her recommendations and were delighted with our meal. We will do a return trip, only difference, we will share with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best foodpatsfanVIPDined on 9/20/2014Frequently get veal chop at many fine restaurants yours best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatdessertfirstEatdessertfirstDined on 9/20/2014Loved all courses. The muse Bouche was creative and both my starter and my hubby's was great! Had the entree once before and just as good the second time! Never disappointed!Special Features:
- Awesome DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Great menu, and everything was prepared and presented perfectly. The service was outstanding, and the entire meal was one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Event, Not Every NightJustUsDined on 9/19/2014We returned to Sonoma for our wedding anniversary. It had been a few years since we had been there. Unfortunately, it felt like the restaurant was stuck in some bygone era. As we're looking at the menu, we were given a mushroom aroncinni. Dinners were served with a side of vegetable medley. Desert selections were displayed on a rotatable, rolling cart complete with silverware for your selection. While the food was good (we like the duck better than the short ribs,) it all felt dated. The dim, windowless space was a reminder that you're in a small box with art on the walls.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Sonoma is a great restaurant with wonderful food and impecable service. Sonoma is on our list of places to go for special occasions as it is $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time A CharmdanlDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have dined here twice in the past 2 years, both on our anniversary. It is almost an hour drive and we think it is well worth it. The food is outstanding, local produce, every changing menu, great service, but a bit pricey so that is why it is a special occasion place for us.Special Features:
- NickNickDined on 9/13/2014I truly believe this is the best restaurant in Worcester County. The food is delicious. The preparation inspired and the service is excellent. I have eaten at many of the best restaurants in the country and Sonoma's chef Bill Brady could be at any of them. We are lucky to have him and this fine restaurant right in our backyard!Special Features:
- excellent food and service.DuncadooDined on 9/13/2014Only issue was the table. We were seated neat the door. This was a busy spot and made conservation somewhat difficult. Food was fantastic and service was very attentive. Can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A chef's favorite place to dineWineanddinechefDined on 9/10/2014Sonoma never disappoints. As a chef by trade, this is my go to spot for a great meal!! The food is always fabulous, great flavors, great variety and a knowledgable staff. Superb cocktails and a appealing wine menu. Simply love every experience we have at Sonoma. Superior service, very flavorful and diverse menu. My family's go place for special occaisions.Our most recent dining experience no exception, started with the golden beet salad with lobster glasteu, entree of Koren Short Ribs and topped it off with a flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing diningB1903Dined on 9/3/2014We love going to Sonoma, the food is wonderful the staff is so friendly and professional. We always have a great dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time HAPPYSoHappyDined on 9/2/2014this was our second time visiting Sonoma and I have to say that this place is AMAZING!! The menu is not too lengthy but everything we have tried is absolutely wonderful! Quiet, romantic and waited on with great care. This is our new favorite place for special occasions. There is nothing I can say bad about Sonoma! Just remember, when the check arrives, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Although the drive is a bit from Boston metro west, it was well worth it. Atmosphere is serene. Service is professional and not rushed. Food is on par with the high end Napa and Sonoma restaurants with a European flair. Wine list is excellent with a very low markup ( slightly above retail to less than 2x!!). Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night in the kitchen?WoosterDined on 8/30/2014I have always enjoyed Sonoma but it's in the pricey range so I expect really great food. This Saturday the place was busy, service was fine and the guitarist soothing. But for the first time, the food seemed underwhelming and even a bit out of date. The menu had changed little over the season, with the exception of a couple of specials. It was a holiday weekend and maybe the mood was wrong but my companion and I were both disappointed with our options and the entres (duck and short ribs) we eneded up choosing for want of more tempting "kate summer" fare.Special Features:
- Amazing as usual!CherylRDined on 8/30/2014Love Sonoma! It is our favorite restaurant and we enjoyed a delicious anniversary dinner. I recommend Sonoma whole-heartedly! Beautiful ambiance, outstanding food and service!! You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experienceLovemylabsDined on 8/30/2014Never fails to exceed our expectations! We try something new each time and have never had a bad plate. Sat in the room where the bar is located and there was a guitarist who contributed just the right noise level and musical style to complement the ambiance. I had a delicious Jamaican soup for an appetizer. The taste was incomparable - many flavors, spicy but not overly done. Very creative. My husband had the cowboy steak - a steak he has had in the past. Once again, cooked perfectly and so flavorful. Service is attentive yet not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDrivebyDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I were passing through central MA, we found Sonoma on Open Table and had a wonderful dinner. Our waiter David made our evening special and the food was sumptuous! There was not a single thing that we didn't like. My cocktails came out in lightning speed and were just right and the courses were timed just right as well. We'd go more often if we lived close by!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaldwinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Thank you for a great evening and meal....we'll be returning for sure. Hopefully we'll bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff JohnsonsonomaDined on 8/23/2014Our dining experience was great. We brought our good friends here after dining their for my wife's birthday last month. Our friends enjoyed the relaxed dinging experience in the nice setting. We will come back as well as our friends! Thank you. Marj JohnsonSpecial Features:
- Terrific Experiencewineluva12Dined on 8/16/2014We went to Sonoma to celebrate our 12th Anniversary.. it was great... the food was wonderful, the wine - divine.. and the music (with Peter Clemente) was awesome... he played at our wedding .. how special to enjoy his lovely playing while we enjoyed our dinner together... The bartender was sweet and is great at her job as well.. wonderful experience !Special Features:
- Perfection!serendipityDined on 8/15/2014A wonderful romantic dining experience. Service is excellent, Maryann, our waitress was exceptional and very knowledgeable of the complete menu. Entrees are served as if you are looking at an artist's palette, colors of food and arrangement is lovely and mouth-watering.Special Features:
- Great FoodJohnandBryanDined on 8/9/2014The food and service at Sonoma was excellent. Perfect choice for our 20th anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- A Dining DelightFrecklesDined on 8/9/2014The entire experience at Sonoma's was beyond compare. We were warmly greeted by Kim Brady, co-owner along with her husband Bill who is the executive chef, and quickly brought to our table. Guests were strategically seated to allow for quiet conversation and privacy. Our server was very attentive yet non- obtrusive. He knew the menu and was able to make wonderful recommendations. The food was an epicurean delight, both in its presentation and taste. I can't say enough about Sonoma's. It is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- First Time...RigsVIPDined on 8/8/2014and it will not be the last time! My wife and I had an exceptional meal with perfect service from Angela. My duck was cooked perfectly medium rare and was my wife's lamb chops. The sides were delicious and the wine was perfect. Sonoma lived up to its reputation as a fine dining establishment with a comfy relaxed feel. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma one of the best!!!EatoutDined on 8/2/2014The waitress was very polite, knowledgeable and made our evening a special event. I have a gluten allergy and the staff helped with my selection and even provided gluten free rolls. The four us were very happy with the appetizers and our main selections. Desserts were yummy which offered gluten free as well. It was awesome from start to finish. Thank you Jessica!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LukeDined on 7/19/2014Always excellent. I am surprised the greater Worcester area has not yet discovered this restaurant for very fine quiet dinning with a featured weekend musician for background music.Special Features:
- Top tenTimUDined on 7/12/2014Sonoma served me what must be one of the top ten meals of my life. No joke. I had the "Korean Short Ribs" and was stunned by how good it tasted. All the extras on the plate were very good and complemented the entree well. Kudos to the chef and thanks for a memorable dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014As usual our experience at Sonoma was exquisite. I got the braised beef and it was mouthwatering! My wife got the trout special and She loved it. I tried it and I have to admit it was light and delicious. Bravo to Danny O, he put out another great meal in the boss' absence! We'll be back soon. Scott BernierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGraniteRoseStudioDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to Sonoma's. Celebrating our 39th anniversary, we couldn't have picked a more perfect restaurant! The food was outstanding and Lynn earned 5 stars for her friendly service, knowledge, and atttention to details. We're looking forward to our next visit. Thank you for a very special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.