Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
115 South College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80524Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonnylubicksteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9704849200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu: 5:00pm-10:00 pm
Bar Menu: All Day During Normal Hours
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: T.R. Shuttleworth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering available, please call for a quote.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Coach's Room is our private dinning room that seats up to approximately 35-45 guests, but can accomodate more in a stand-up cocktail party setting. A big screen TV is available for laptop/PowerPoint presentations with no additional fee. There is no room charge.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn O’Shaughnessy 9704849200x
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday night from 8:30pm until 11:30pm. Featuring great local musicians playing classic rock, blues and sing-along music. Late night happy hour is from 9pm to midnight also.
- Cross Street: Mountain Avenue
- Public Transit: Cab stand is across street at Northeast corner of Mountain and College
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Two nearby public parking structures provide additional parking, one is one block north and west at the corner of Mason and Laporte. The other is one block east on Mountain Avenue at Remington St.
A word from Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse is a locally owned and inspired polished casual steakhouse with a sports flair. We have a beautiful main dining room, a private dining room called The Coach's Room as well as a casual bar/lounge area where you can catch sporting events on our 9 TV's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Fort Collins ›
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (45)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Nice little date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We arrived a little early and were able to sit in the bar and enjoy a happy hour drink before being seated. It took a little bit of time for our table to be ready, as it seemed like they gave our reservation to someone else while we sat in the bar, but we were acknowledged and seated when we were ready. Our server was fantastic and did a great job of letting us know the kitchen was a little backed up, while making sure we received bread and our appetizer quickly. My fiance had the filet mignon and I decided to try the bouillabaisse - both were very good but not exactly what we had expected. His steak was a little more cooked than preferred. We will likely order other dishes when we go in but they do a great job with their drinks.Special Features:
- Great Service !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We were in Ft, Collins for a week and wanted to try a nice Steak House, I googled and found Sonny Lubicks...Very happy we tried it. The food was great, the service even better and if you like wine you will be very happy here :). Loved the salad prepared at the table, very cool. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceMtvetDined on 8/23/2014Considering Sonny Lubick bills itself as a steakhouse, the steaks are a big disappointment. The filet I ordered "medium" came out of the kitchen raw on the inside and so heavily salted it was almost inedible. The service was marginal and the bill was pretty high considering the quality of our meal. Sorry to say, we won't be going back to Sonny's again in the future.
- Very nice for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was fantastic. Food, service, etc. My wife order the seafood platter ($49) with lobster tail, shrimp, scallops and king crab legs. I had the 6oz filet. The food was delicious. The only question was the crab actually being king crab. The pieces were smaller than usual for king crab. Still a great spot but will be more inquiring next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPatrickDined on 8/22/2014I took my wife to Sonny's for our Anniversary and it was our first time at the restaurant. I thought it might be a bit more special than it was. First it was not particularly intimate, it is very loud and hectic. Very diverse set of diners - no apparent dress code for a high end place. Steaks were good and well cooked. Salad was okay and hastily made table-side. Server was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- Disappointed.KrissymDined on 8/15/2014At the beginning the service was great. Drinks were great. Salad was amazing. I ordered salmon and it was very good. My husband ordered a filet, medium well, and this is where our night took a nose dive. Our meals came out at the same time, he cut into his steak and it was barely cooked, just like they seared it. The waitress was very apologetic and nice. Took the steak back to cook it more. Meanwhile, I nibbled on mine, feeling guilty, as my husband has no food. The waitress showed us the ticket and that she turned it in correct. His steak came out good the second time, mostly. The center was again raw. He ate around the raw, that part was good. No apologies from management. Just blamed the kitchen staff. They gave us a free anni dessert.Special Features:
- Celebrate wedding anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had the best wedge salad I've ever had. Their homemade dressings are delicious. The lobster was above average, and I especially enjoyed the homemade champagne peach sorbet. The staff took time to take some pictures of us. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2dineforDined on 8/11/2014Sonny Lubicks is our favorite restaurant for fine dinning! My husband and I celebrated our 23 years together recently and everything was absolutely perfect. It doesn't get any better than this... So happy we found this gem in Old Town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Really Wanted to Like It...ErBearDined on 8/2/2014I had read over other reviews and hoped, as is sometimes the case, that there had been a rogue bad experience here or there. Service in the bar was prompt, friendly and attentive. As we moved to the restaurant, though, service slowed and the overall experience deteriorated. Our wine glasses sat empty for ten minutes after our food arrived. My husband's steak came out rare, though he had requested medium. Once the waitress came around again, she gladly obliged his request for it to be cooked longer, but then was gone for another 20 minutes, with no indication to us as to what was happening with his steak. We shared my meal and boxed his when it finally did return. Overly apologetic right at the end, but otherwise complacent.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricefoodieanonDined on 7/19/2014Was not impressed. The service was great but the food is far too expensive for a mediocre taste. I've had way better steak on the Carribean islands...for much cheaper...on an island that has no cows on it. The sangria was pretty horrific. The one thing that they had going for them was the variety of butters. That was the best part of the meal. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great food!jrlaurieDined on 7/12/2014The food was great the service was good and the environment was not Hoity-toity Pricing was good for a fine steak house.Special Features:
- Always a good steakroccoDined on 7/6/2014this is a great "guy's" steakhouse. down the stairs, lots of wood and sports memorabilia from Sonny Lubick. the bar area is small but very nice.Special Features:
- stuffy and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014I think that the idea of a "good dinner" being a $45 steak has gone out of style. I would much rather have sat on the patio at Austin's and enjoyed a $25 steak. The sides were just ok, nothing amazing. I can see that the 60+ crowd would love this place, but if you're looking to go on a date, stick to Canyon Chop House.Special Features:
- geneDined on 6/28/2014great place to dine.food is great, steak's cook'ed to perfection ,a quiet corner for a romantic evening,and a great wait staff, after starting out in a fun happy hour bar with some great oisters on the half shell great drinks and a beautiful birthday girl Great place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerTandnDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Quiet table to be able to talk. Thank you.Special Features:
- Just so soWilltryanythingDined on 6/28/2014Great service, nice atmosphere. The food was just "ok". We ordered the salmon special and found it to be dry and a bit bland. The banana cheesecake sounded better than it tasted. No show stoppers here. I wanted to like this place given how nice the everyone was.
- nice barspun69VIPDined on 6/28/2014Last visit was with two other couples for happy hour. Manager setup some adjoining tables for us in bar. Prompt service and good food. Even Mr. Lubick dropped by to say hello. Look forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2014Met some friends for a nice dinner. The service was excellent and the Colorado rack of lamb was outstanding!Special Features:
- always 5*robertDined on 6/22/2014we are always pleased with these folks try to do every special occasion never disappointed attentive staff great barSpecial Features:
- Overall a good experienceNoCoW2KidsDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I were celebrating our two year anniversary. The food was very good the steaks were cooked perfectly. I wish there was more of a beer selection. I also wish they would have asked if there was any type of special occasion. Overall it was a good experience will probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can always count on Sonny's.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014We have never been disappointed in Sonny's. We like that you basically build your own salad at the table. My husband and I had the filet and it was cooked perfectly and was excellent. Our son had the New York strip Marsala, a pasta dish and he indicated it was delicious. Sonny's is a tradition that we will miss when our son leaves CSU.Special Features:
- Thank you so much!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The staff were amazing and the manager was so very welcoming. What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience and meal!MrsSmithDined on 6/6/2014Great service and wonderful food! Our go-to for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't RecommendLuvqualityfoodDined on 6/5/2014The food is expensive and the quality is poor. There are so many better restaurants in Fort Collins than this one. Don't waste your time and money here. We eat out twice a week and had not been here. Very disappointed. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I had written on the OpenTable comments when making the reservation that it was our 26th Anniversary Celebration and that we had never been to this restaurant before. We didn't want wine or drinks and felt we were treated as though we were cheap for that from our waiter. The person that brought the salad and filled water and that stuff was very nice and made us feel great. I overheard the waiter for the table next to us say to them "Happy Anniversary" and your desert will be on the house before they even ordered their food so I have to say that I was expecting the same, but didn't get that. Our waiter asked if we wanted dessert and I had to tell him what I heard and he said well, you can have creme brulee. The other couple received cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Food was absolutely delicious and service was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaraunt! Great atmosphere- especially for a date night.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSteveDined on 5/31/2014The food was great so was the service. A little pricey but overall atmosphere was good. Some noisy people behind us, seated afterwards who used profanity when talking loudly made the otherwise perfect evening a little less.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014Best steak in Fort Collins. Service was good. Always a good experience every time I have been there.
- Going downhill food and attitudeleefpeeper3VIPDined on 5/24/2014The service was OK. the server was friendly but a few things were a miss. The server took away a bowl before our guest was finished and without asking. We were sharing an appatizer yet no plates for sharing and when we asked, the server acted surprise that we would make such a request so we used our bread plates. We had a bottle of wine that our guest ended up serving since our servers ignored our empty glasses. The food was not as good as in the past. We like chateaubriand but this time it was very dry even though it appeared to be the right temp. The creame brulee was very thin but tasted ok. We made an EARLY reservation well ahead and requested our favorite booth, we were told our party was not big enough as we PASSED the EMPTY booth?
- AnniversaryFlowersDined on 5/23/2014Great food, excellent service, attentive wait staff. What more can you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Food was AMAZING! And the staff were wonderful. It was a perfect way to celebrate our first anniversary. The staff even made a special dessert for us!Special Features:
- Nice place!ButterflyDined on 5/17/2014We went over graduation weekend. They originally gave us a bistro style table with tall stools, in a semi-private alcove. My mother-in-law couldn't sit on the stool and requested a different table. They were able to switch us to a lower table with traditional chairs and they were very gracious about it, even though we were a party of seven and it was busy. My mother-in-law was much happier! The food was good and I appreciated the vegetarian options! The service was great. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as expectedNkosiDined on 5/17/2014Judging from the website, and the fact that the first available table was 1 pm on Saturday, we were expecting more of an upmarket restaurant with a slightly different flare. Perhaps it was due to CSU's graduation weekend, but we felt that the food was just OK. The cream of lamb soup was very good, but our rib eye steaks weren't out of the ordinary, the accompanying asparagus and salads were what you could get in any average steakhouse. Also, the lighting was very dim, which may be OK for dinner, but not conducive for a celebratory lunch.
- Enjoyable!FoCoCSUGradDined on 5/16/2014Went here for a celebration and had a great time and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service...lenaDined on 5/15/2014My husband and I visited Sonny Lubick's for the first time this past week. One of the best services we've experienced in a very long time! Food was very good too. Will return, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's graduationCSUgradsDined on 5/15/2014Prime Rib was great. Portions and side dish sizes were smaller than similar restaurant like Boulder Chop House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014My husband and I found Sonny's by chance on a google search. I am so very glad we did. Great food amazing service and perfect atmosphere! We will return again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Great foodDisappointed5Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was wonderful, the food was great, the location is great for downtown Ft. Collins. The biggest problem was the waiter. He wanted to be somewhere else and made the overall experience terrible. He needed to be sent home because he did not want to be there, it felt like no one else was to be there either! He did not offer any specials, give us any choices and made our entire table of 5 feel like we shouldn't be there. He ruined the entire lunch for Mothers Day as well as our sons 21st birthday. We would like to come back if we knew that he would not be our server.Special Features:
- Very nice buffet brunchConstanceVIPDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed an excellent Mother's Day special occasion brunch buffet. Very nice atmosphere. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers' Day BrunchReviewByGaryVIPDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated Mothers' Day with a great Brunch. This was our third year in a row at Sonny Lubick's and the food, service and value were fantastic. Can't wait for next year to make it a "fourpeat"I would recommend this to a friend.