Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
115 South College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80524Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonnylubicksteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (970) 484-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu: 5:00pm-10:00 pm
Bar Menu: All Day During Normal Hours
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: T.R. Shuttleworth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering available, please call for a quote.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Coach's Room is our private dinning room that seats up to approximately 35-45 guests, but can accomodate more in a stand-up cocktail party setting. A big screen TV is available for laptop/PowerPoint presentations with no additional fee. There is no room charge.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn O’Shaughnessy 9704849200x
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday night from 8:30pm until 11:30pm. Featuring great local musicians playing classic rock, blues and sing-along music. Late night happy hour is from 9pm to midnight also.
- Cross Street: Mountain Avenue
- Public Transit: Cab stand is across street at Northeast corner of Mountain and College
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Two nearby public parking structures provide additional parking, one is one block north and west at the corner of Mason and Laporte. The other is one block east on Mountain Avenue at Remington St.
A word from Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse is a locally owned and inspired polished casual steakhouse with a sports flair. We have a beautiful main dining room, a private dining room called The Coach's Room as well as a casual bar/lounge area where you can catch sporting events on our 9 TV's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Fort Collins ›
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (47)notable wine list (31)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best in FOrt CollinsMary3MDined on 11/17/2014An excellent dining experience for a special occasion. My first visit to Fort Collins since my son moved there in June. We spent five days, and Lubick's was easily the best meal we experienced. Service was truly outstanding without be intrusive. Food was excellent. Highly recommend for special occasions, a great lunch or dinner. (Ours was dinner.) Excellent wine list - probably Fort Collins best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night outGrannyDined on 11/14/2014It was our anniversary and we wanted a restaurant we had not been to before. Sonny Lubick had been on our list for a long period of time to try. The sports memorabilia décor was great. Due to the cold weather and Friday night we had had a difficult time finding parking as had others that evening and it had caused my husband to be late for the reservation. We were seated in an area divided into three separate seats for couples. We do not drink so that makes us not able to assess that area of the menu. The salad served at the table side was an extensive choice of fresh items and I chose the Raspberry vinegrette dressing which was a light yet slightly pungent taste. My husband had the clam chowder and he enjoyed it immensely. The Prime Rib was outstanding, done to our preference Medium and the portions (Cheerleader) were just right. My husband's baked potato was huge. My roasted seasonal veggies were not too well-done and the flavors were amazing for the unique mix of sweet potato, zuchinni squash, onion, greens and other veggies. Our after-dinner coffee was a very full-flavored drink for our choice to cap the evening. The dessert menu is amazing but we chose to not indulge tis evening. The service is done with a designated person and other members of the team assisted. The water glasses and coffee cups were kept full and the soiled dishes were removed without causing a disruption if our conversation. Service was very nice and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place - gourmet diningSuesDined on 11/13/2014We enjoy the intimate setting, great food and attentive service. Great place for special occasions .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great.wahoDined on 11/8/2014Great food and a good environment, it was an enjoyable time. The only issue we had was sitting down to eat at 8pm for our 7:30 reservation.Special Features:
- Great for romantic dinnerKathyADined on 11/8/2014We were looking for a nice place in Old Town for a belated anniversary and Sonny Lubick's didn't disappoint. I had the Maytag filet medallions with Bleu cheese crumbles and my husband had the buffalo steak. Both were delicious. Great ambiance and although exquisite, not over-the-top pricewise. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what we needed!LyssaDined on 11/5/2014We got a nice quiet table in the corner to be able to enjoy our anniversary together. Great service. Yummy food. Delicious drinks. Will definitely go back on another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had heard good things and this was our first time at SLS. Since it's called a steakhouse, I ordered the filet. Have not had a steak that good in a long time. We had jumbo prawns for an appetizer and my wife had scallops. We both know we'll make Sonny Lubick's a repeat place for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Good food slow serviceHawkinsDined on 11/1/2014This was our second visit to Sonnys. The first visit was fantastic! Food, service, ambiance exceeded our expectations. This time our service was very slow, 2 hours for dinner. Our waitress was very nice, however very slow. It took over 15 minutes for our drink order to arrive, and it was wrong. The explanation was that the bar was backed up due to the CSU game. Premier steak houses don't make excuses. After dinner it took forever to get the check. Now don't get me wrong, I love a relaxing meal but this was excessive. I'm not a complainer but it was a disappointing $180.00 dinner.
- Very GoodgoodDined on 10/31/2014It was a very good restaurant for a special occasion. I would recommend it to others for sureSpecial Features:
- Never againhungryDined on 10/25/2014We have been going to Sonny's for at least six years. Initially, it was a great experience. Probably won't go back. Have been there the last two weekends after CSU football games. Both times the food was mediocre and the service was also mediocre. The salad arrived before our appetizer and when I told them to hold off on the salad until we finished the appetizer, the salad never again appeared. I told the waiter I was unhappy with the service and the manager appeared at the table stating "understand you have a problem" in a very surly manner. I told him what the problem was. He said we didn't have to pay for the salad we never got! At that time we were half-way through our main course and never saw a waiter again.Special Features:
- food good, service disappointingCOGolferDined on 10/24/2014Started off with a poor experience at the bar, but fortunately, Camille came to our rescue. The first server was unknowledgeable, and confused. Also, brought only one drink when we had ordered two. Our server in the restaurant, Patrick, was kind and helpful. Needs to brush up on the Cabernet wine list, however. Also, brought out our main course, when we had had our soup and salad for only a short while. Poor coordination. A few other minor missteps, but overall a good experience, thanks to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SonnyhungryDined on 10/18/2014As usual, the service was excellent. The food was a bit off in quality and taste compared to previous visits.Special Features:
- FunfoodfunfoodDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed all our food very much. All had steaks and they were amazing. The white cheddar potatoes augratin were out of this world. The restaurant is downstairs so can feel a little dark but it is quiet and nice for a special occasion, romantic dinner, or just a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedRockerRiderDined on 10/11/2014As a semi-regular customer to Sonny's we were very disappointed this visit. The service was poor. The guy doing the salad was not helpful at all. Two of our meals were brought out wrong and had to be sent back. They then offered us free desert for the mistakes...then would not let us choose what we wanted....they just brought something out that none of us liked. Noticed on the sign out front there was a new menu---same great Sonny's. The only thing new was poor service and increased prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014First time here and the service was very good with excellent menu. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, and Fort Collins roots!nemcikaDined on 10/9/2014Delicious food, wonderful atmosphere, and fun to see all the Fort Collins history!Special Features:
- Special evening!DebraDined on 9/30/2014Sonny's is our go-to restaurant for special evenings, and they did not disappoint! The service was exceptional, and I had the best steak I've ever had - tender, flavorful, and cooked just right. They made our celebration a night to remember!Special Features:
- very nice eveningcrownrichard2Dined on 9/26/2014visiting from Indiana and took my daughter and son in law out for a nice meal. decided on lubicks and was not disappointed.we had prime rib, western Colorado lamb[excellent],filet and salmon plate. all were delicious and cooked to order medium rare. everything was great and nothing over cooked. it is a bit pricey but for a special night out it was great. service was excellent also. no complaints at all. will visit again in the future.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have generally been happy with the food there. On this occasion, the steaks were too salty -- obviously too much grill seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wasnt greatlovetodineDined on 9/6/2014The staff was friendly but unorganized. 3 ppl asked drink order 2 ppl asked food order. Food wasn't great. Bland. Extremely dry! My steakwas sooo dry and tough. For paying 35 a steak we were expecting to be wowed. Wrong. Extremely overpriced and very disappointed. Check it off the list.Special Features:
- disappointingpoormnDined on 9/6/2014Always looked forward to eating here this time it was disappointing. Prime rib was cold and had no flavorSpecial Features:
- Excellent SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I was very pleased with the quality of the food and my steak was cooked perfect. My partner loved her prime rib as well. Pleasant atmosphere and we had a lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationJeffGDined on 8/31/2014A wonderful restaurant for a special celebration. Thank you as always.Special Features:
- Nice little date spotJeLuDined on 8/25/2014We arrived a little early and were able to sit in the bar and enjoy a happy hour drink before being seated. It took a little bit of time for our table to be ready, as it seemed like they gave our reservation to someone else while we sat in the bar, but we were acknowledged and seated when we were ready. Our server was fantastic and did a great job of letting us know the kitchen was a little backed up, while making sure we received bread and our appetizer quickly. My fiance had the filet mignon and I decided to try the bouillabaisse - both were very good but not exactly what we had expected. His steak was a little more cooked than preferred. We will likely order other dishes when we go in but they do a great job with their drinks.Special Features:
- Great Service !!Steak4meDined on 8/25/2014We were in Ft, Collins for a week and wanted to try a nice Steak House, I googled and found Sonny Lubicks...Very happy we tried it. The food was great, the service even better and if you like wine you will be very happy here :). Loved the salad prepared at the table, very cool. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceMtvetDined on 8/23/2014Considering Sonny Lubick bills itself as a steakhouse, the steaks are a big disappointment. The filet I ordered "medium" came out of the kitchen raw on the inside and so heavily salted it was almost inedible. The service was marginal and the bill was pretty high considering the quality of our meal. Sorry to say, we won't be going back to Sonny's again in the future.
- Very nice for special occasioncdsjDined on 8/23/2014Everything was fantastic. Food, service, etc. My wife order the seafood platter ($49) with lobster tail, shrimp, scallops and king crab legs. I had the 6oz filet. The food was delicious. The only question was the crab actually being king crab. The pieces were smaller than usual for king crab. Still a great spot but will be more inquiring next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPatrickDined on 8/22/2014I took my wife to Sonny's for our Anniversary and it was our first time at the restaurant. I thought it might be a bit more special than it was. First it was not particularly intimate, it is very loud and hectic. Very diverse set of diners - no apparent dress code for a high end place. Steaks were good and well cooked. Salad was okay and hastily made table-side. Server was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- Disappointed.KrissymDined on 8/15/2014At the beginning the service was great. Drinks were great. Salad was amazing. I ordered salmon and it was very good. My husband ordered a filet, medium well, and this is where our night took a nose dive. Our meals came out at the same time, he cut into his steak and it was barely cooked, just like they seared it. The waitress was very apologetic and nice. Took the steak back to cook it more. Meanwhile, I nibbled on mine, feeling guilty, as my husband has no food. The waitress showed us the ticket and that she turned it in correct. His steak came out good the second time, mostly. The center was again raw. He ate around the raw, that part was good. No apologies from management. Just blamed the kitchen staff. They gave us a free anni dessert.Special Features:
- Celebrate wedding anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had the best wedge salad I've ever had. Their homemade dressings are delicious. The lobster was above average, and I especially enjoyed the homemade champagne peach sorbet. The staff took time to take some pictures of us. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2dineforDined on 8/11/2014Sonny Lubicks is our favorite restaurant for fine dinning! My husband and I celebrated our 23 years together recently and everything was absolutely perfect. It doesn't get any better than this... So happy we found this gem in Old Town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very GoodjimmycVIPDined on 8/9/2014Loved the service and the food. Remarkable for a town like Fort Collins.Special Features:
- We Really Wanted to Like It...ErBearDined on 8/2/2014I had read over other reviews and hoped, as is sometimes the case, that there had been a rogue bad experience here or there. Service in the bar was prompt, friendly and attentive. As we moved to the restaurant, though, service slowed and the overall experience deteriorated. Our wine glasses sat empty for ten minutes after our food arrived. My husband's steak came out rare, though he had requested medium. Once the waitress came around again, she gladly obliged his request for it to be cooked longer, but then was gone for another 20 minutes, with no indication to us as to what was happening with his steak. We shared my meal and boxed his when it finally did return. Overly apologetic right at the end, but otherwise complacent.Special Features:
- The following 548 reviews are from the Sonny Lubick Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Not worth the pricefoodieanonDined on 7/19/2014Was not impressed. The service was great but the food is far too expensive for a mediocre taste. I've had way better steak on the Carribean islands...for much cheaper...on an island that has no cows on it. The sangria was pretty horrific. The one thing that they had going for them was the variety of butters. That was the best part of the meal. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great food!jrlaurieDined on 7/12/2014The food was great the service was good and the environment was not Hoity-toity Pricing was good for a fine steak house.Special Features:
- Always a good steakroccoDined on 7/6/2014this is a great "guy's" steakhouse. down the stairs, lots of wood and sports memorabilia from Sonny Lubick. the bar area is small but very nice.Special Features:
- stuffy and overpricedthr3shadesofpinkDined on 6/30/2014I think that the idea of a "good dinner" being a $45 steak has gone out of style. I would much rather have sat on the patio at Austin's and enjoyed a $25 steak. The sides were just ok, nothing amazing. I can see that the 60+ crowd would love this place, but if you're looking to go on a date, stick to Canyon Chop House.Special Features:
- geneDined on 6/28/2014great place to dine.food is great, steak's cook'ed to perfection ,a quiet corner for a romantic evening,and a great wait staff, after starting out in a fun happy hour bar with some great oisters on the half shell great drinks and a beautiful birthday girl Great place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerTandnDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Quiet table to be able to talk. Thank you.Special Features:
- Just so soWilltryanythingDined on 6/28/2014Great service, nice atmosphere. The food was just "ok". We ordered the salmon special and found it to be dry and a bit bland. The banana cheesecake sounded better than it tasted. No show stoppers here. I wanted to like this place given how nice the everyone was.