Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
115 South College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80524Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonnylubicksteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9704849200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu: 5:00pm-10:00 pm
Bar Menu: All Day During Normal Hours
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: T.R. Shuttleworth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering available, please call for a quote.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Coach's Room is our private dinning room that seats up to approximately 35-45 guests, but can accomodate more in a stand-up cocktail party setting. A big screen TV is available for laptop/PowerPoint presentations with no additional fee. There is no room charge.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn O’Shaughnessy 9704849200x
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday night from 8:30pm until 11:30pm. Featuring great local musicians playing classic rock, blues and sing-along music. Late night happy hour is from 9pm to midnight also.
- Cross Street: Mountain Avenue
- Public Transit: Cab stand is across street at Northeast corner of Mountain and College
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Two nearby public parking structures provide additional parking, one is one block north and west at the corner of Mason and Laporte. The other is one block east on Mountain Avenue at Remington St.
A word from Sonny Lubick Steakhouse
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse is a locally owned and inspired polished casual steakhouse with a sports flair. We have a beautiful main dining room, a private dining room called The Coach's Room as well as a casual bar/lounge area where you can catch sporting events on our 9 TV's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Fort Collins ›
Sonny Lubick Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (44)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Not worth the pricefoodieanonDined on 7/19/2014Was not impressed. The service was great but the food is far too expensive for a mediocre taste. I've had way better steak on the Carribean islands...for much cheaper...on an island that has no cows on it. The sangria was pretty horrific. The one thing that they had going for them was the variety of butters. That was the best part of the meal. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great food!jrlaurieDined on 7/12/2014The food was great the service was good and the environment was not Hoity-toity Pricing was good for a fine steak house.Special Features:
- Always a good steakroccoDined on 7/6/2014this is a great "guy's" steakhouse. down the stairs, lots of wood and sports memorabilia from Sonny Lubick. the bar area is small but very nice.Special Features:
- stuffy and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014I think that the idea of a "good dinner" being a $45 steak has gone out of style. I would much rather have sat on the patio at Austin's and enjoyed a $25 steak. The sides were just ok, nothing amazing. I can see that the 60+ crowd would love this place, but if you're looking to go on a date, stick to Canyon Chop House.Special Features:
- geneDined on 6/28/2014great place to dine.food is great, steak's cook'ed to perfection ,a quiet corner for a romantic evening,and a great wait staff, after starting out in a fun happy hour bar with some great oisters on the half shell great drinks and a beautiful birthday girl Great place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerTandnDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Quiet table to be able to talk. Thank you.Special Features:
- Just so soWilltryanythingDined on 6/28/2014Great service, nice atmosphere. The food was just "ok". We ordered the salmon special and found it to be dry and a bit bland. The banana cheesecake sounded better than it tasted. No show stoppers here. I wanted to like this place given how nice the everyone was.
- nice barspun69VIPDined on 6/28/2014Last visit was with two other couples for happy hour. Manager setup some adjoining tables for us in bar. Prompt service and good food. Even Mr. Lubick dropped by to say hello. Look forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2014Met some friends for a nice dinner. The service was excellent and the Colorado rack of lamb was outstanding!Special Features:
- always 5*robertDined on 6/22/2014we are always pleased with these folks try to do every special occasion never disappointed attentive staff great barSpecial Features:
- Overall a good experienceNoCoW2KidsDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I were celebrating our two year anniversary. The food was very good the steaks were cooked perfectly. I wish there was more of a beer selection. I also wish they would have asked if there was any type of special occasion. Overall it was a good experience will probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can always count on Sonny's.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014We have never been disappointed in Sonny's. We like that you basically build your own salad at the table. My husband and I had the filet and it was cooked perfectly and was excellent. Our son had the New York strip Marsala, a pasta dish and he indicated it was delicious. Sonny's is a tradition that we will miss when our son leaves CSU.Special Features:
- Thank you so much!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The staff were amazing and the manager was so very welcoming. What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience and meal!MrsSmithDined on 6/6/2014Great service and wonderful food! Our go-to for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't RecommendLuvqualityfoodDined on 6/5/2014The food is expensive and the quality is poor. There are so many better restaurants in Fort Collins than this one. Don't waste your time and money here. We eat out twice a week and had not been here. Very disappointed. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I had written on the OpenTable comments when making the reservation that it was our 26th Anniversary Celebration and that we had never been to this restaurant before. We didn't want wine or drinks and felt we were treated as though we were cheap for that from our waiter. The person that brought the salad and filled water and that stuff was very nice and made us feel great. I overheard the waiter for the table next to us say to them "Happy Anniversary" and your desert will be on the house before they even ordered their food so I have to say that I was expecting the same, but didn't get that. Our waiter asked if we wanted dessert and I had to tell him what I heard and he said well, you can have creme brulee. The other couple received cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Food was absolutely delicious and service was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaraunt! Great atmosphere- especially for a date night.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSteveDined on 5/31/2014The food was great so was the service. A little pricey but overall atmosphere was good. Some noisy people behind us, seated afterwards who used profanity when talking loudly made the otherwise perfect evening a little less.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014Best steak in Fort Collins. Service was good. Always a good experience every time I have been there.
- Going downhill food and attitudeleefpeeper3VIPDined on 5/24/2014The service was OK. the server was friendly but a few things were a miss. The server took away a bowl before our guest was finished and without asking. We were sharing an appatizer yet no plates for sharing and when we asked, the server acted surprise that we would make such a request so we used our bread plates. We had a bottle of wine that our guest ended up serving since our servers ignored our empty glasses. The food was not as good as in the past. We like chateaubriand but this time it was very dry even though it appeared to be the right temp. The creame brulee was very thin but tasted ok. We made an EARLY reservation well ahead and requested our favorite booth, we were told our party was not big enough as we PASSED the EMPTY booth?
- AnniversaryFlowersDined on 5/23/2014Great food, excellent service, attentive wait staff. What more can you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Food was AMAZING! And the staff were wonderful. It was a perfect way to celebrate our first anniversary. The staff even made a special dessert for us!Special Features:
- Nice place!ButterflyDined on 5/17/2014We went over graduation weekend. They originally gave us a bistro style table with tall stools, in a semi-private alcove. My mother-in-law couldn't sit on the stool and requested a different table. They were able to switch us to a lower table with traditional chairs and they were very gracious about it, even though we were a party of seven and it was busy. My mother-in-law was much happier! The food was good and I appreciated the vegetarian options! The service was great. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as expectedNkosiDined on 5/17/2014Judging from the website, and the fact that the first available table was 1 pm on Saturday, we were expecting more of an upmarket restaurant with a slightly different flare. Perhaps it was due to CSU's graduation weekend, but we felt that the food was just OK. The cream of lamb soup was very good, but our rib eye steaks weren't out of the ordinary, the accompanying asparagus and salads were what you could get in any average steakhouse. Also, the lighting was very dim, which may be OK for dinner, but not conducive for a celebratory lunch.
- Enjoyable!FoCoCSUGradDined on 5/16/2014Went here for a celebration and had a great time and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service...lenaDined on 5/15/2014My husband and I visited Sonny Lubick's for the first time this past week. One of the best services we've experienced in a very long time! Food was very good too. Will return, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's graduationCSUgradsDined on 5/15/2014Prime Rib was great. Portions and side dish sizes were smaller than similar restaurant like Boulder Chop House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014My husband and I found Sonny's by chance on a google search. I am so very glad we did. Great food amazing service and perfect atmosphere! We will return again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Great foodDisappointed5Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was wonderful, the food was great, the location is great for downtown Ft. Collins. The biggest problem was the waiter. He wanted to be somewhere else and made the overall experience terrible. He needed to be sent home because he did not want to be there, it felt like no one else was to be there either! He did not offer any specials, give us any choices and made our entire table of 5 feel like we shouldn't be there. He ruined the entire lunch for Mothers Day as well as our sons 21st birthday. We would like to come back if we knew that he would not be our server.Special Features:
- Very nice buffet brunchConstanceVIPDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed an excellent Mother's Day special occasion brunch buffet. Very nice atmosphere. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers' Day BrunchReviewByGaryVIPDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated Mothers' Day with a great Brunch. This was our third year in a row at Sonny Lubick's and the food, service and value were fantastic. Can't wait for next year to make it a "fourpeat"I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimegreattimeDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful time and always do. Food and service are incredible. Looking forward to our next meal at Sonny's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant serversHappyMamaDined on 5/11/2014We were there for Mother's Day. Our third year of celebrating at Sonny's. Love the servers. On Mother's Day they had many students working and they were fabulous. Individual server came by the table on a regular bases to make sure we had what we needed. The food is normal buffet with the option to have eggs benedict or omlette made to you specification.Special Features:
- Memories4oldtimesDined on 5/10/2014We recently moved from South Jersey-near Philadelphia. We left a lifetime of dining experiences and memories-birthdays, anniversaries, prom, graduations. Our special occasion places were dark wood, great service, one-of-a-kind steakhouses. Sonny Lubicks fills this category. It is unique in Fort Collins, and it is now our go-to place to recreate fond memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceDakotaDined on 5/4/2014This was our second visit to Sonny Lubick Steakhouse. We enjoy the great food and service for special occasions when we are in Ft Collins. The staff makes you feel very special and they have a great menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.kevinoVIPDined on 5/2/2014Nice convenient location from our hotel with its shuttle bus. Great alcoholic ginger beers, mine was a Manhatten Mule..well worth a try. Local draft beers of similar quality, so did not bother with wine. The smoked buffalo starter, and the buffalo ribeye are highly recommended. Good portions so no room for dessert! Service was efficient and friendly. Would eat there again and would recommend it to you too.
- So soFoodieDined on 5/2/2014It felt really crowded in there. The table next to us was WAY too close. The steak was okay, but for the price they charge, it should if been excellent.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Sonny's is a great place to celebrate. We dined here for our anniversary and had a very delicious meal with excellent service. We plan to return for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014My college son was wanting a steak and I wanted to find a special place to take him. This place was great. The food was fabulous, the staff was very attentive and it was a nice, quaint place to go and catch up.Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter Brunch!Ramfan22Dined on 4/20/2014What a great local restaurant for a truly FOCO/CSU feel! Very respectful and attentive staff and great food for a buffet. We haven't eaten there for a plated meal so I don't know what their "regular" food is like. However, the prime rib and lamb were very high quality and perfectly roasted. Anxious to go back and experience it when the big screens are on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.