6009 Nicollet Avenue S.
Minneapolis, MN 55419Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://somosperurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6123535104
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:30am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Isabel Custodio & Tom Dwyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: SOMOS PERU presents many events during the year, from live entertainment to Pisco tasting, from sporting events on large HDTVs to outdoor shows and games. Visit us on our website and become a SOMOS PERU Member or join our Facebook page and stay connected with us for updates and special promotions.
A word from Somos Peru
SOMOS PERU is a family-owned and operated restaurant dedicated to providing authentic flavorful Peruvian cuisine in a tastefully intimate setting. Every dish we prepare is made on the spot with original Peruvian recipes, fresh ingredients, and using only the finest selection of spices. We hope you will find your dining experience at SOMOS PERU Restaurant & Sports Bar to be pleasant and relaxing. Visit us soon and experience the flavors from the land of the Incas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Somos Peru reviews from OpenTable diners
- Enjoyed the potato salad withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/18/2012Enjoyed the potato salad with aji pepper sauce. Beef saltado was tasty. Prices were a bit high for what we were served. Restaurant does not have a liquor license yet so were amused by the sports bar signs. They did have Inca cola which has real sugar and tastes like Juicy Fruit gum. Server was friendly, but inexperienced. With a little training, she will improve. Will try them for dinner some time.
- Perhaps it is just PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2012Perhaps it is just Peruvian food, but I was very surprised that most of the seafood and appetizers were deep-fried.
- OK, average. I ordered theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2012OK, average. I ordered the Peruvian paella; it included plenty of rice, which was a bit on the salty side and perhaps slightly undercooked. The seafood was skimpy in proportion to the rice. My wife ordered a beef stir-fry; she thought the beef was tasty. The building has not changed much from its previous incarnation (Mexican seafood restaurant). So far, this appears to be a typical neighborhood ethnic restaurant with moderate prices.
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012The food was excellent and is a nice addition to our etnic variety. Decor was simple and clean.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Absolutely wonderful, the food was excellent! I had the Lomo Saltado and it was simply the best tasting dish I had in a while. My friend had the Causa Limena and she loved it. I had Peruvian food a couple of times during business trips to Miami and NJ but this place by far had the best tasting food. The staff is friendly, food is reasonably priced, generous portions, and the setting is clean and comfortable. This is the place to go for excellent tasting food with your friends and family. Can't wait to go back :) Minneapolis has a great Peruvian restaurant... finally!Special Features: