Somers 202 Restaurant and Grill
2 Old Tomahawk St.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Somers 202 Restaurant and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.somers202.com/
- Phone: 9142488100
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 - ?,
Sunday: 2:00 - ?
Full Dining Service in Bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private fireplace lounge for up to 20 people for dinner. Entire restaurant available for daytime functions including weekends for up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Scott or Cathi 9142488100
- Special Events: Follow us on Facebook or join our mailing list at Somers202.com
A word from Somers 202 Restaurant and Grill
Somers 202 Restaurant & Grill. An innovative eatery serving American classics to the eclectic. Our dining room boasts beautiful high back banquets and "City Style" community table dining. Dine by our fireplace in our main dinning room or sip a martini along side our fireplace at our bar. Enjoy Happy Hour and Ladies Night every Friday. Catch every big league game (MLB or NFL) on one of our 6 big screens at the bar. Specialty Martinis created by a "Best of Westchester" Martini list winner - Westchester Mag 2007 & 2009, and 2006 NY Bar Show Bartenders Competition. We offer our entire wine list Sunday - Tuesday for half price! over 60+ bottles to choose from! UNFORTUNATELY WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING RESTAURANT.COM GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR OUR RESTAURANT WEEK MENU. We Apologize for any inconvenience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Somers 202 Restaurant and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (7)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great, staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somers 202MandyobVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went because we needed a local & casual dinner with 2 boys while our 3rd was at a party close by. Had booked a table which was good as when we arrived to an empty restaurant, they were still somewhat confused about seating us! Our waitress was very friendly but not very knowledgable, maybe new but nonetheless, very helpful & pleasant. Food was ok, salad fine, onion soup strange, kids food not great. Steak was very overdone. All in all, crazy prices was the standard of food and we definitely will not be returning.Special Features:
- very good fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014Very good fresh food served by friendly attentive staff. Very careful re food allergies in out case gluten free. Try the fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gemluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014I really enjoy dining at Somers 202. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Service is excellent and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Loved it!SerjDined on 8/29/2014Stumbled across this place by accident, but happy I did. Staff was very friendly, the food was delicious and a good price. I would definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Great food, great wine, we had the best waiter, he went out of his way to make our dinner enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 189 reviews are from the Somers 202 Restaurant and Grill reviews archive.
- Wonderful DinnerMarsDined on 6/25/2014After my daughter's high school graduation, we came to Somers 202 with a party of 7 for dinner. Everything was fantastic! Food, service, ambience, wine - I would highly recommend this restaurant for a good family celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealC4times3VIPDined on 6/20/2014Not the faciest menu or ambiance, but excellent food and service at the right price.Special Features:
- Great food!RedinheadDined on 6/14/2014Bartenders very attentive and good drinks and atmosphere. Dinner was excellent and the waitstaff awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!CatzDined on 5/31/2014Our first time at this restaurant was just a few months ago and we've been back several times since then. My husband chose 202 Grill for his birthday dinner. We sat outside on their new patio and both the food and service was excellent. The staff could not be nicer or more attentive. And the food... excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Find!MarcDined on 5/25/2014Great service, great food, well priced, and the new deck is a great place to eat outside! We will be going back... again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toghersVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great specials! Great food that is consistently prepared well.Special Features:
- Too loudDinerDined on 4/25/2014While we enjoyed the menu selections, we found the overall experience too loud. We had difficulty hearing the server and each other.Special Features:
- Great SpotOut2eatDined on 4/17/2014Bar was fun and had an excellent meal. Wait staff was very attentive and entertaining.Special Features:
- A Mid Week TreatDaphneDDined on 3/31/2014We needed some girlfriend time in a nice local setting and we found it here ay Somers 202. The added bonus was the food was great. A surprise that we didn't expect was that an old friend of mine from out of town was dining there at the same time with her mother. Another surprise... my friend knew her mother. They chose Somers 202 for the same reason we did.Special Features:
- Music yes, radio noJerry10000VIPDined on 3/23/2014I love Somers 202, the food, the service, but the fact that they play commercial radio makes me crazy when I go there. Please get an iPad, or subscribe to something that has no commercials. A perfect dinner interrupted by an awful choice. Hanger steak is a winner, and the service is great. I went recently and all our the food at the table was wonderful. The service is greatly improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Service This TimeJoeGVIPDined on 3/23/2014Have been to 202 many times. Last Sunday dinner for Restaurant Week . Food very good, and Restaurant Week choices were decent. Restaurant half full. Our waitress, who was only OK to begin with (we had to ask for wine list) disappeared completely before taking desert orders. We flagged down another waiter who took and brought desert. Nobody brought check. We twice asked other waiters. Two other tables that came after us got checks and left. When our waitress finally appeared we made it clear that we were not happy. She got it--apologized and said she was pulled off our table. WHY? Offered a future credit from her own pocket. Told her that was not necessary, but we were running late because of all this and couldn't talk to the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturaunt weekLisaDined on 3/18/2014I am glad of the opportunity to try this resturaunt however, I was not very impressed with the food that I ordered. I would go back to try their burgers which someone else at another table ordered and they looked amazing .Service was very good. Resturaunt was very pretty and comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our 3rd dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014This was our 3rd dining experience at Somers 202 and we were disappointed. I asked for no starch and extra veggies with my dinner, I received barely cooked veggies but no extra (very skimpy). Asked for med/rare cooked salmon but it was over cooked salmon to my liking. My husband's dinner was not hot.
- An anniversary celebrationRialovesLBIDined on 3/15/2014I made our reservation via my cell phone. We arrived and were immediately seated. Our server, Leann, was prompt and courteous. There was an open window causing a terrible draft. We asked Leann if she could close it and she immediately did. The food was wonderful, presentation just beautiful and service, outstanding. I would highly recommend Somers 202 as a great 'go to' dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somers 202TeacherDined on 3/15/2014We went on a Sat. night during Restaurant Week. The place was full & very noisy, which could have been attributed to the crowd & also the night, My onion soup had too much bread & was a little short on taste. The others enjoyed their salads. My salmon was a bit overdone but the sauce was delicious. The Shepherd's pie was good, a tad spicy. The hangar steak was very good as was the chocolate dessert, although my creme brulle could have been in the oven a little longer to make the top crunchier. The waiter probably had too many tables, since he was not that attentive. We did appreciate that the owner came over to greet us personally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nighttoghersVIPDined on 3/14/2014Again, great food! This has become my "go to" spot for dinner with the family. Great menu, good serving sizes, great nightly specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!toghersVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great job! I love when you find a restaurant that turns out good food that is consistent! When you go here and want to have the same dish as you had last time, you get it, exactly the same. This is great when the food is good. I have not had a anything on the menu that I did not like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner at Somers 202PatBDined on 2/17/2014Our first time at Somers 202. Started with the French onion soup and the butternut squash soup (a special). Both were very good. For entrees we had the flank steak (great sauce and truffle fries) and the shepherd's pie. Drinks and our son's kid's meal were also good. Nice ambiance and sat by the fireplace. Service was excellent and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Rte.202 grill was excellentenjoydiningoutDined on 2/4/2014On a frosty night, food was very hot & tasty. Service was wonderful. Would definitely go back again SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceletsbehonestDined on 1/24/2014In a nut shell made for a perfect evening to due our outstanding waitress n good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server, food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Great server, food was excellent & very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small tablesMickiDined on 1/3/2014Food was pretty good, though pricey. French dip sandwich had about 2 tablespoons of meat in the roll. $20 for a salad with a little salmon was too Expensive. Cheesecake dessert was bland. Also, our party of 4 barely fit at the small round table in the middle of the room. TVs by the fireplace just scrolled pictures of vacation spots? Why have TVs in the restaurant at all? Service was friendly but patchwork - waitress took orders for drinks and food, but guys from the kitchen delivered the food.
- All over wonderfulCAS9Dined on 12/27/2013I took my daughter and her boyfriend out for dinner. All of us thought the food was wonderful. Our waiter was terrific and the price was excellent. We would recommend this restaurant highly to our friends and will definitely be returning. The martinis are also great.Special Features:
- Deliscously Delightful !mangiamo257Dined on 12/13/2013This was our first time at Somers 202 and we LOVED everything! From the Luxurious, comfortable, romantic Banquet Table sitting!! The service was first class and the food Delicious!! We started with the Mussels , which was so good we needed another basket of bread to dunk into the sauce. We each had a different entrée dish and we all loved every last bite!! Dessert once again really yummy French toast bread pudding and Trio cheesecake !! Yummy Yummy!! The after dinner drink was their very own home made Bailey's!! OH MY G_D Delicious !! The best !! WE can't wait to take other friends back to Somers202!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper with FriendsBarbaraDined on 12/9/2013I requested a quiet dining spot so six of us could chat and say goodbye to a good friend who is moving from the area. To our surprise and delight, we were set up in a private room. Just the perfect spot for our needs! The wait staff and owner were attentive and friendly. We enjoyed a relaxed and fun-filled evening. The suppers were all delicious. I look forward to returning to this wonderful restaurant and will certainly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentLovediningoutVIPDined on 11/30/2013Somers 202 is awful. The food was terrible, the service is immature and easily distracted (our waiter jumped from table to table before even finishing a sentence with us!), described the food incorrectly (e.g., I asked if the bread pudding was soft and custard-like, he said it was, it came out as tough, overcooked, greasy triangles of hard bread), our table was incredibly drafty and cold, I could go on...which is what you should do-- go on and find another restaurant. The area is severely lacking in quality restaurants which is why I was hopeful about this place. Our hopes were dashed as soon as we walked through the dumpy bar with a stale smell to get to the back seating area. It only got worse from there.
- Comfort Food with a +RodrigoVIPDined on 11/23/2013A well designed menu, with a reasonable number of dishes, most of it American comfort food with a touch. A nice experiment on the calamari (Rhode Island), strong salads, great looking burgers, and a choice of pastas with traditional names/ingredients but careful preparation, well above average. Very good desserts as well and service was good and friendly, all you need for a great evening with kids. If you add reasonable prices, Somers 202 is a winner.Special Features:
- Great dining!luv2dineDined on 11/16/2013After a wonderful first experience at Somers 202 I returned to dine again. The staff was extremely attentive. The food was delicious. In fact I had the best onion soup ever. The steak was cooked to perfection. The flourless chocolate cake was sinful.Special Features:
- Great NightJeffKDined on 11/16/2013We went to the restaurant to celebrate my birthday with family. The martini list is great, the food was very good and the service was very attentive. I tried the cheesecake trio dessert (passed it around and never saw it again) and it was terrific. The Rhode Island Calamari was very unusual and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner!BusymommyDined on 11/15/2013Since it was restaurant week and a Friday night it was especially busy and loud but I know that during the week on a normal night it is a night calm relaxed atmosphere....but certainly not empty. Delicious food and menu was extensive for restuarant week selections. Greatly enjoyed booth seat; would return next time for a regular night not during their busiest time(special deals) The drinks are also great. Loved our personal friendly waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemDaphneDDined on 11/14/2013Pleasant diningroom, seperate fun bar, great food, professional friendly service, What's not to like??Special Features:
- Great place to godentaldanVIPDined on 11/9/2013Food was very good. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitenjoydiningoutDined on 11/7/2013We enjoyed our first time visit very much and will certainly go back. Food was very good and nice & hot. Manager was very supportive. Price for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week was well worth the dinner.Special Features:
- poor quality mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013salad was great. the entrée left something to desire. Chicken was cold and was served with instant mashed potato. could have stayed home. it was restaurant week and if you wanted to intice people to come back then maybe more attention to what is being servedSpecial Features: