SolToro Tequila Grill
1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
SolToro Tequila Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soltororestaurant.com/
- Phone: (860) 862-4800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday- Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
*You must be 21 years of age or older to dine, unless escorted by a parent or legal guardian.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: James O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Reminiscent of a lively cantina, at SolToro Tequila Grill it's always a fiesta! Whether you are looking for semi-private dining, space for your group in the main dining room, one of our lounge areas for a reception or the entire restaurant exclusive for your group, at SolToro it's always a fiesta!
- Private Party Contact: Denise V. Miller 8778210247
- Entertainment: MASS FOR LESS
Monday - Friday
4pm - 6pm
$3 beers, $5 platos pequenos, $6 SolToro Margaritas
A word from SolToro Tequila Grill
Reminiscent of a lively cantina, SolToro Tequila Grill is located on the casino floor of Mohegan Sun's Casino of the Sky (adjacent to the convention center entrance). Seamlessly blending traditional flavor and authenticity with a modern approach, SolToro serves up contemporary Mexican food in an atmosphere that radiates energy and fun. Fresh margaritas and signature cocktails made from one of more than 190 premium 100% blue agave tequilas top the beverage list. It's always a fiesta at SolToro!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SolToro Tequila Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (46)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (19)hot spot (19)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Ms. CelesteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Service was great. Food was expensive and the quantities were small for the cost. The food was slightly bland for Mexican food. My lobster and shrimp tacos were almost tasteless. The atmosphere was pretty good and the margaritas were good. I was surprised at the cost, but I can see why it's a popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Mexican Cuisine and Great TequiliasFoodieFrankDined on 11/20/2014Super selection of Good ,Delicious and authentic Mexican Food.Cathlyn was a Knowledgeable Server.Open airy,FUN and smooth service,We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014Our server was very attentive. The food was delicious, the pork tacos were awesome. If in the area would definitely recommend for a quick bite to eat!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and good food!NightOutDined on 11/8/2014Our party of 6 had a wonderful time. The food was great and the drinks were great. Our waitress was polite and kept checking on us. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- dpsctDined on 11/2/2014This was one of my favorite places to eat. However, they keep changing the menu. I understand the need to streamline, but the second change was too much. I liked the first change to smaller plates (tapas), but this change is cut the selections too much.
- slow nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/31/2014We love this place and enjoy it when we are able to Kaitlynn as our server. It was very slow tonight and the kitchen was off their game. That's not to say that the food wasn't good but it needed to be tweeked a few times before it was right and we felt lucky to have Kaitlynn advocating for us. Torilla soup with shredded chicken came out without any chicken. Before this could be made right both dinners came out. The soup was eventually made right and it was GREAT as usual. But by then my wife had already finished her carne asarde which was also great and served piping hot. About thirty minutes later the nachos arrived at the table. All the food was great once we got it. TOUGH night for the kitchen, thank you Kaitlynn for taking care
- Best margaritas! love this place!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 10/29/2014My favorite restaurant in Mohegan. Love their tequila selection and their knowledgeable bartenders that help you make a perfect drink every time. The food is good, looooove their guacamole that is prepared table side and just about all of their tacos. Their menu has been drastically shortened recently which is a little disappointing, but I mostly go for the drinks anyway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute reservation success!FirsttimerDined on 10/25/2014Got same day reservations for 7pm on a Saturday night and it was great! Service a little slow at first, but great (and creative) food and a delicious mega-Rita made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All The TimeMikeDined on 10/25/2014We were late, the restaurant was packed. Not a great start. They got us in and the food and service was outstanding. The pomegranate sangria and guacamole were worth the trip by themselves, but the rest of the meal was equally good. Sol Toro has always been predictably good and we have always look forward to visiting them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritabdfitzDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant is huge, and our server was technically assigned to a different area so was slow to check in on us throughout the night but was very very nice and apologetic, so we understood and were not upset. The tableside guacamole prep was cool to watch but the flavor was "eh" at best. The food was ok, nothing spectacular but the margarita and white sangria were awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014Busy but not banged out full. We were surprised that they thought about and tried to seat us in the outer lobby area...I don't think so. So after a redo we were seated at a table INSIDE the restaurant. Our server Katherin was attentive & took care of any problem that we had. The night started with chips and salsa, served fresh and hot ALWAYS a great way to start. On to tortilla soup which is usually served loaded with shredded chicken. This time it was lacking in chicken, but after Katherin looked into it and had it replaced the soup was great as always. Dinner tonight was grilled chicken Caesar salad and Carne Tampenquenia served medium rare. Both the chicken and the skirt steak were melt in your mouth tender, great meal once againSpecial Features:
- Good Food With reasonable priceslikesabreakDined on 10/3/2014This was a nice spot for dinner at Mohegan Sun, not to expensive but good food. We were looking for a nice spot to relax after a very hectic month of getting kids and ourselves moved to new homes. This was perfect. We both had good meals with a great portion. The menu had a nice variety but not overwhelming. Make sure you have the tableside Guacamole it was excellent!!!!!Special Features:
- WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014The place was really hopping tonight. Packed when we arrived for our 630 reservation, but our booth was there and waiting for us. To our surprise our server was once again Kaitlynn and once again she did a GREAT job with taking care of us. Chips and salsa were again served piping hot and served with both the regular and very hot salsa...OUTSTANDING beginning. On to the tortilla soup served hotter than hot and loaded to the gills. Nachos up next with chorizo, great flavor lots of cheese...loved them. Carne Tempenquenia steak was SOOOO tender and flavorful. First time trying this dish and it will not be the last. Great dinner before a very funny show at the comedy show.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service was slow, it was a very busy night there but I feel it should have been a lot quicker. We order table side guacamole which was great but we never received chips to eat it with. Usually they bring chips and salsa right away but we had to ask twice to get any. This I felt was not a good sign on how the night was going to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly waiter, food so-sovanessaDined on 9/27/2014SolToro was not as good as we had expected. The waiter, Kerby, was very friendly and good at making recommendations and everything came out as ordered. The drink menu is huge, but mostly tequila shots. The Carne Tampenquenia was very expensive for what you got. The steak was nothing spectacular, the rest of the sides were all small. The guacamole on the plate was VERY good. The Tortilla soup did not come first but came with the entrees. Most tortilla soups I have eaten are clear broth and this was tomato based. It was tasty but would have preferred a clear broth. Also, ordered two tacos, which came on a plate devoid of anything but the tacos. Picnic Taco and Lobster and Shrimp Taco, both good, but i think the shrimp was missing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant cancelled my reservationRobinKDined on 9/26/2014Made a reservation through Opentable for 7:30. Received Confirmation with confirmation #. Arrived at the restaurant at 7:10. Was told there was no reservation?? Gave the hostess my confirmation #. She sat us at a table anyway. Came home to find an email from the restaurant that my reservation was cancelled at 7:00. Wrote to Opentable that said it was the restaurant that cancelled my reservation??Special Features:
- good food good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014Once again had a good night here. Kaitlynn did a nice job with taking care of us from start to finish. Busy Saturday night and our table was waiting for us and our 630pm reservation. Chips and salsa were top notch (regular salsa is not spicy but you can ask for their special hot stuff which is very good when mixed with the regular). Tonight we started with soup (loaded with chicken) then onto Caesar salad with grilled chicken (large portion) and then onto beef burrito served with refried beans and rice (very full and tasty). No room for desert, but a very good meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014Last night was so good we decided to come back and have lunch there today. Once again started off with the chips and salsa which always get the meal off on the right food. This afternoon Patricia was our server and she did a nice job of meeting our expectations. We both went with the Caesar salad, one with steak and the other with chicken. Both were flavorful and very tasty. One thing I never get is why when you are paying $14 or $15 for a salad do you not get a boat load of greens...just saying. We started the meal off with the only soup listed on the menu served piping hot and very flavorful, the first time I have tried but it wont be my last,
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Very busy night, place was packed but our table was there and waiting for us. Mary did a nice job of pacing our meal and keeping our glasses full. Chips and salsa were very good to start the night off. Our two main meals were the California burrito and the chicken fajita both served with rice and refried beans and both served piping hot. VERY good size portions and very tasty. A good night before the show.Special Features:
- TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTEDHAPPY2DINEDined on 8/31/2014this was our 5th time. previous times were delicious. this time was not. skinny margarita was delish. tableside guacamole was delish. chicken quesadilla and flautas were delicious. salsa is GREAT!!white sangria was watery,served with too much ice.chicken chimi was delicious and was great until:3rd bite, chicken that came out was all in 1 HUGE PIECE WITH ALL TENDONS AND VEINS STILL ATTACHED!! AND WAS ALL DARK MEAT NOT WHITE MEAT! DISGUSTING! EVEN WHITE MEAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GROSS! I PULLED OUT 2 MORE GIANT HUNKS OF DISGUSTING CHICKEN. WOUND UP BEING HALF OF CHIMI! WOUND UP EATING JUST FRIED SHELL. THE CHICKEN SHOULD BE SHREDDED CHICKEN LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!! LIKE QUESADILLA ,WHICH IS JUST DELICIOUS! RICE WAS DRY AND TASTED REHEATED!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Very good meal with great service. The beef burrito was huge and very flavorful and it was served with re fried beans and rice. It was served piping hot. The grilled chicken Caesar salad was nicely done as well. Aleathia did a nice job in meeting our needs and expectations tonight. Very happy that you have gone back to the old way of doing things.
- Nice place to betulsadoomDined on 8/30/2014The food was good but the drinks were excellent. Fresh bar mixes no powders or jugs. I'll go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place! A+darkblue350Dined on 8/29/2014Wonderful place, the food was delicious. Amazing guacamole made fresh table side, excellent tequila selection, great margaritas. I had the chicken burrito, which was fantastic. Great service. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything as expectedDan4Dined on 8/29/2014Good food, not as overpriced as some in the Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awfulcjg3Dined on 8/14/2014The service at this restaurant was awful. After serving the food, I didn't see my waiter again until we were done eating and it was time to pay the bill. My wife and I had finished our drinks and our waters and were hoping for refills that never came. Food was OK, but nothing to write home about.
- Excellent FajitasT75MDined on 8/10/2014SolToro is a cool looking place with some of the best fajitas (steak) that I have ever had, the black beans were also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolToroSunshineDined on 8/9/2014Appetizers and the meal were very good, served hot, really no waiting for food, tableside guacamole was great, sangria and margarita's were tasty, crown and ginger was small and lacked alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/6/2014Dinner before a Moody Blues concert. Very Busy night, dining room packed when we arrived but our table was ready and waiting for us. Casey our server did a nice job of pacing the meal and meeting our needs. They have changed the menu a bit and gone back to the way it was but have added a few dollars to the cost of everything. Chips and salsa were a very good start. My wife had the three taco combo (she got pork, beef and seafood) which she enjoyed very much. I went with the extra hot fajitas served with refried beans and rice, served piping hot. Overall a very good night, thanksSpecial Features:
- Avoid this restaurantCurlyDined on 8/5/2014Taco Bell is far more authentic and flavorful. I won't be returning.
- The following 266 reviews are from the SolToro Tequila Grill reviews archive.
- great place to start the nightjoanie827Dined on 7/26/2014Great restaurant for a group of friends to start the night at the casino. Great food. House margaritas are ok. Would order a specialty one next time. Get the guac!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow very disappointingsdlitzDined on 7/25/2014Service was good. Drinks were good. And the nachos with chicken as an appetizer were very good. Unfortunately that's where it ended. Between the two of us we had most of the tacos. Very disappointing. I would only recommend the pork belly, although not for everyone, flavor was great. Fish and chicken were a mess of flavor combinations. My friend had some inedible pieces of chicken in his. Really a disappointing visit, especially since my wife and I had a very good meal there last year.Special Features:
- Good FoodmelkopiDined on 7/20/2014We have eaten at SolToro's several times and the food, along with the service is always wonderful. This is one of the better restaurants at the Mohegan Sun.Special Features:
- Very Good, can't wait to go back!bestmexDined on 7/20/2014My friend and I always seem to choose mexican food when we get together for lunch or dinner. This was the first time for both of us eating at Sol Toro. We both enjoyed our meals very much. I had the taco 3 for selection. LOVED the pork belly taco the best but all 3 (the other 2 were grilled fish and beef) were very good. My friend had the steak fajita...also very good, and we both enjoyed the table side guacamole. Drinks were also done well. I had the white sangria....very refreshing!Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceMeaganDined on 7/20/2014We dined here before a concert at the arena as we had a deal from Travel Zoo. We were sat right away for our reservations at 6pm however after 15 minutes we asked the hostess if our waiter knew we were there. She just said oh ya he's over there. No apology for the wait, Waiter finally came over to take our drink order, again no apology for the wait, 10 minutes later we finally get our two drinks, waiter runs away from our table without taking our food order, finally after about 30 minutes of sitting at the table we order. Two tables next to us had the same service issue. Took 3 people to get our check right (and another 30 min at least). Thankfully the food was delicious. Most likely won't be back here due to the lack of customer service.
- Beyond the buffetBrocktonDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is located inside the Mohegan Sun Casino and offers an option to the buffet, food court or more upscale restaurants. Fairly small Mexican menu, but with a few unique twists. Excellent tableside guacamole and many different tequilas and other beverages. They offer many small plates or individually prices tacos, so you can mix and match your own meal or appetizer plate. Quick service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- enjoy ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014I had not been here in quite some time. Not since a bad experience after you downsized your menu and I said it would be a very long time until I would return. Well, my wife and daughter went earlier in the week and really enjoyed themselves and talked me into trying it again. I am glad that I did. Our dinner was very good served piping hot and Patricia our server did a real nice job. My wife and daughter each had the three taco for $10 special and they loved them. I went with the chicken fatija extra spicy and it was some of the best that I have had. It also appears that there is a "new" manager in place since the last time I was and he is doing a great job in seeing that everything is running smoothly.
- Best Mexican restaurant. .FurstyDined on 7/11/2014This is one of the best Mexican resturants I have eaten at. Food is great and service is quick and friendly!! Highly recommended..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewFoodie69Dined on 7/10/2014We started with table side guacamole which was outstanding. The white sangria was refreshing. For dinner we ate Rollos de dos Carnes filet mignon, chorizo, Chihuahua cheese, spinach with a side of rice. Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy Bueno!!ToriDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant was not busy at all. They had our reservation and seated us right away. Kate, our waitress, was great! She laughed with us, explain the menu and suggested some great drinks. The table guacamole was AMAZING! We had the chipotle bacon guacamole and we couldn't stop eating it. The dinner was great as well but what really sold us was the tequila flights. I love trying out new tequilas and knowing they had a variety was great to me and my husband. The flights were great! We would definitely come back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food awesome service!!DeracyDined on 7/8/2014Loved our waitress ... food was outstanding! Very reasonably priced. A+++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.