SolToro Tequila Grill
1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
SolToro Tequila Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soltororestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8608624800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday- Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
*You must be 21 years of age or older to dine, unless escorted by a parent or legal guardian.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Kris Lincoln
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Reminiscent of a lively cantina, at SolToro Tequila Grill it's always a fiesta! Whether you are looking for semi-private dining, space for your group in the main dining room, one of our lounge areas for a reception or the entire restaurant exclusive for your group, at SolToro it's always a fiesta!
- Private Party Contact: Denise V. Miller 8778210247
- Entertainment: MASS FOR LESS
Monday - Friday
4pm - 6pm
$3 beers, $5 platos pequenos, $6 SolToro Margaritas
A word from SolToro Tequila Grill
Reminiscent of a lively cantina, SolToro Tequila Grill is located on the casino floor of Mohegan Sun's Casino of the Sky (adjacent to the convention center entrance). Seamlessly blending traditional flavor and authenticity with a modern approach, SolToro serves up contemporary Mexican food in an atmosphere that radiates energy and fun. Fresh margaritas and signature cocktails made from one of more than 190 premium 100% blue agave tequilas top the beverage list. It's always a fiesta at SolToro!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SolToro Tequila Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (20)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (16)great for lunch (12)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014The place was really hopping tonight. Packed when we arrived for our 630 reservation, but our booth was there and waiting for us. To our surprise our server was once again Kaitlynn and once again she did a GREAT job with taking care of us. Chips and salsa were again served piping hot and served with both the regular and very hot salsa...OUTSTANDING beginning. On to the tortilla soup served hotter than hot and loaded to the gills. Nachos up next with chorizo, great flavor lots of cheese...loved them. Carne Tempenquenia steak was SOOOO tender and flavorful. First time trying this dish and it will not be the last. Great dinner before a very funny show at the comedy show.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service was slow, it was a very busy night there but I feel it should have been a lot quicker. We order table side guacamole which was great but we never received chips to eat it with. Usually they bring chips and salsa right away but we had to ask twice to get any. This I felt was not a good sign on how the night was going to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014Once again had a good night here. Kaitlynn did a nice job with taking care of us from start to finish. Busy Saturday night and our table was waiting for us and our 630pm reservation. Chips and salsa were top notch (regular salsa is not spicy but you can ask for their special hot stuff which is very good when mixed with the regular). Tonight we started with soup (loaded with chicken) then onto Caesar salad with grilled chicken (large portion) and then onto beef burrito served with refried beans and rice (very full and tasty). No room for desert, but a very good meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014Last night was so good we decided to come back and have lunch there today. Once again started off with the chips and salsa which always get the meal off on the right food. This afternoon Patricia was our server and she did a nice job of meeting our expectations. We both went with the Caesar salad, one with steak and the other with chicken. Both were flavorful and very tasty. One thing I never get is why when you are paying $14 or $15 for a salad do you not get a boat load of greens...just saying. We started the meal off with the only soup listed on the menu served piping hot and very flavorful, the first time I have tried but it wont be my last,
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Very busy night, place was packed but our table was there and waiting for us. Mary did a nice job of pacing our meal and keeping our glasses full. Chips and salsa were very good to start the night off. Our two main meals were the California burrito and the chicken fajita both served with rice and refried beans and both served piping hot. VERY good size portions and very tasty. A good night before the show.Special Features:
- TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTEDHAPPY2DINEDined on 8/31/2014this was our 5th time. previous times were delicious. this time was not. skinny margarita was delish. tableside guacamole was delish. chicken quesadilla and flautas were delicious. salsa is GREAT!!white sangria was watery,served with too much ice.chicken chimi was delicious and was great until:3rd bite, chicken that came out was all in 1 HUGE PIECE WITH ALL TENDONS AND VEINS STILL ATTACHED!! AND WAS ALL DARK MEAT NOT WHITE MEAT! DISGUSTING! EVEN WHITE MEAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GROSS! I PULLED OUT 2 MORE GIANT HUNKS OF DISGUSTING CHICKEN. WOUND UP BEING HALF OF CHIMI! WOUND UP EATING JUST FRIED SHELL. THE CHICKEN SHOULD BE SHREDDED CHICKEN LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!! LIKE QUESADILLA ,WHICH IS JUST DELICIOUS! RICE WAS DRY AND TASTED REHEATED!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Very good meal with great service. The beef burrito was huge and very flavorful and it was served with re fried beans and rice. It was served piping hot. The grilled chicken Caesar salad was nicely done as well. Aleathia did a nice job in meeting our needs and expectations tonight. Very happy that you have gone back to the old way of doing things.
- Nice place to betulsadoomDined on 8/30/2014The food was good but the drinks were excellent. Fresh bar mixes no powders or jugs. I'll go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place! A+darkblue350Dined on 8/29/2014Wonderful place, the food was delicious. Amazing guacamole made fresh table side, excellent tequila selection, great margaritas. I had the chicken burrito, which was fantastic. Great service. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything as expectedDan4Dined on 8/29/2014Good food, not as overpriced as some in the Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awfulcjg3Dined on 8/14/2014The service at this restaurant was awful. After serving the food, I didn't see my waiter again until we were done eating and it was time to pay the bill. My wife and I had finished our drinks and our waters and were hoping for refills that never came. Food was OK, but nothing to write home about.
- Excellent FajitasT75MDined on 8/10/2014SolToro is a cool looking place with some of the best fajitas (steak) that I have ever had, the black beans were also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolToroSunshineDined on 8/9/2014Appetizers and the meal were very good, served hot, really no waiting for food, tableside guacamole was great, sangria and margarita's were tasty, crown and ginger was small and lacked alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/6/2014Dinner before a Moody Blues concert. Very Busy night, dining room packed when we arrived but our table was ready and waiting for us. Casey our server did a nice job of pacing the meal and meeting our needs. They have changed the menu a bit and gone back to the way it was but have added a few dollars to the cost of everything. Chips and salsa were a very good start. My wife had the three taco combo (she got pork, beef and seafood) which she enjoyed very much. I went with the extra hot fajitas served with refried beans and rice, served piping hot. Overall a very good night, thanksSpecial Features:
- Avoid this restaurantCurlyDined on 8/5/2014Taco Bell is far more authentic and flavorful. I won't be returning.
- great place to start the nightjoanie827Dined on 7/26/2014Great restaurant for a group of friends to start the night at the casino. Great food. House margaritas are ok. Would order a specialty one next time. Get the guac!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow very disappointingsdlitzDined on 7/25/2014Service was good. Drinks were good. And the nachos with chicken as an appetizer were very good. Unfortunately that's where it ended. Between the two of us we had most of the tacos. Very disappointing. I would only recommend the pork belly, although not for everyone, flavor was great. Fish and chicken were a mess of flavor combinations. My friend had some inedible pieces of chicken in his. Really a disappointing visit, especially since my wife and I had a very good meal there last year.Special Features:
- Good FoodmelkopiDined on 7/20/2014We have eaten at SolToro's several times and the food, along with the service is always wonderful. This is one of the better restaurants at the Mohegan Sun.Special Features:
- Very Good, can't wait to go back!bestmexDined on 7/20/2014My friend and I always seem to choose mexican food when we get together for lunch or dinner. This was the first time for both of us eating at Sol Toro. We both enjoyed our meals very much. I had the taco 3 for selection. LOVED the pork belly taco the best but all 3 (the other 2 were grilled fish and beef) were very good. My friend had the steak fajita...also very good, and we both enjoyed the table side guacamole. Drinks were also done well. I had the white sangria....very refreshing!Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceMeaganDined on 7/20/2014We dined here before a concert at the arena as we had a deal from Travel Zoo. We were sat right away for our reservations at 6pm however after 15 minutes we asked the hostess if our waiter knew we were there. She just said oh ya he's over there. No apology for the wait, Waiter finally came over to take our drink order, again no apology for the wait, 10 minutes later we finally get our two drinks, waiter runs away from our table without taking our food order, finally after about 30 minutes of sitting at the table we order. Two tables next to us had the same service issue. Took 3 people to get our check right (and another 30 min at least). Thankfully the food was delicious. Most likely won't be back here due to the lack of customer service.
- Beyond the buffetBrocktonDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is located inside the Mohegan Sun Casino and offers an option to the buffet, food court or more upscale restaurants. Fairly small Mexican menu, but with a few unique twists. Excellent tableside guacamole and many different tequilas and other beverages. They offer many small plates or individually prices tacos, so you can mix and match your own meal or appetizer plate. Quick service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- enjoy ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014I had not been here in quite some time. Not since a bad experience after you downsized your menu and I said it would be a very long time until I would return. Well, my wife and daughter went earlier in the week and really enjoyed themselves and talked me into trying it again. I am glad that I did. Our dinner was very good served piping hot and Patricia our server did a real nice job. My wife and daughter each had the three taco for $10 special and they loved them. I went with the chicken fatija extra spicy and it was some of the best that I have had. It also appears that there is a "new" manager in place since the last time I was and he is doing a great job in seeing that everything is running smoothly.
- Best Mexican restaurant. .FurstyDined on 7/11/2014This is one of the best Mexican resturants I have eaten at. Food is great and service is quick and friendly!! Highly recommended..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewFoodie69Dined on 7/10/2014We started with table side guacamole which was outstanding. The white sangria was refreshing. For dinner we ate Rollos de dos Carnes filet mignon, chorizo, Chihuahua cheese, spinach with a side of rice. Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy Bueno!!ToriDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant was not busy at all. They had our reservation and seated us right away. Kate, our waitress, was great! She laughed with us, explain the menu and suggested some great drinks. The table guacamole was AMAZING! We had the chipotle bacon guacamole and we couldn't stop eating it. The dinner was great as well but what really sold us was the tequila flights. I love trying out new tequilas and knowing they had a variety was great to me and my husband. The flights were great! We would definitely come back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food awesome service!!DeracyDined on 7/8/2014Loved our waitress ... food was outstanding! Very reasonably priced. A+++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a good spotBryheffDined on 7/8/2014third visit to sol toro. first two times were great This time however was a different story. We sat and our waiter can up minutes later and said I will be with you in a few minutes. We were his only table! Anyways he comes back and takes our drink and app order. My beer came with the app and with no glass, I ordered a blue moon and in an upscale place such as this they usually bring you a glass with the cheapest beer they have. My wife and I are pretty certain the waiter was stoned as he brought me my glass and then minutes later brought another. On to the food. Looked good smelled good but made both of us almost immediately regret eating it because of what it felt like in our stomachs. I don't think we will be going back.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant at Mohegan SunconcertgirlDined on 7/7/2014Whenever we head to a concert at Mohegan Sun, I can't wait because I know it always starts with dinner at SolToro! The staff is fantastic and dinner is always amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, but service was awful. Our food took 45 minutes and others diners who ordered after us got their dinners before we did. When the food came, it was lukewarm, but we were hungry and on a schedule, so we did not send it back. When I got the check, I noticed that they had taken my dinner off the bill -- don't know if that was on purpose or accidental as our server didn't say anything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opted to eat at the barMontvilleDined on 7/5/2014Despite the fact that we had a reservation, (5:45pm on a Saturday night) the host was unable to seat us for over 40 minutes. He kept insisting that we come back to the host stand every 10 minutes. As a result, we bypassed the host and ate at the bar. The service we received at the bar was outstanding.Special Features:
- Broken promiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Their old frequent diner program was problematic. In their defense, they've changed the program to enhance the experience. Unfortunately, I lost out on a reward certificate because of the change. I was $5 short, only because their machine was malfunctioning and couldn't credit me for my last meal. I mentioned this on Twitter, and they promised me a $25 gift certificate as compensation. However, they never sent me the certificate as promised.Special Features:
- Great MealGreatfoodDined on 6/22/2014Used a Travelzoo Coupon for Dinner and it was well worth the cost. Food was great as well as the service...Special Features:
- Not that impressednot2impressedDined on 6/21/2014The food was horrible. It was my first and last time there. I was trying to take my sister and a group of her friends out for a nice dinner and everyone went out to eat again after we had eaten there. would not come here again. PRICES ARE OUT OF CONTROL
- FunreeshDined on 6/21/2014Went with 6 other girls for a bachelorette party, it was a lot of fun and the waitress was great. The guac was sooooo good.Special Features:
- rosieVIPDined on 6/19/2014As always the food is great and the prices reasonable. Chopped salad is a meal. My husband still misses the mixed grill. We miss our favorite waitress Shelby. We had Kerby and I asked for extra salsa and he forgot. I did not like the fact that he was clearing dishes before we were done eating. Guess he is new.Special Features:
- Food was not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Drinks and service very poor. Gave drink back to redo and still mtasted awful. Not alot of food given for the price paid. Waiter not very personable.Special Features:
- Good Foodenjoying65Dined on 6/8/2014Good service, amazing tequila selection. Drinks are reasonably priced however having to pay $4 per side for the rice and or beans that normally come with a Mexican meal we thought was out of line. The portion sizes were large and meats were excellently seasoned. Paying $8 to get the sides p of rice and beans is the only bump that prevents us from giving it 5 stars. I recognize that this restaurant is located in a casino and that is the norm but.....rice and beans?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The first time I ate here I could not stop raving about it. Went back to celebrate an anniversary and was underwhelmed by the service and food. Everything tasted premade and my margarita tasted like I bought the mix at walmart although the price was still the same Connecticut premium haha. I will be finding another place to eat while at Mohegan sun
- The following 243 reviews are from the SolToro Tequila Grill reviews archive.
- What happened?alanjamesDined on 5/31/2014This was the 6th time that I have been to SolToro, and this last time I was disappointed. They were great in the beginning, but their menu has changed so much that it is mediocre at best. Authentic Mexican fare was what this place was known for -- now I can only find the usual burrito, taco or fajita. The drinks are good...with a wide selection of tequilas; too bad they have lost their focus with the food. They need to stop being concerned about making money with their a la carte menu, and go back to their origins of offering great food at a fair price.Special Features:
- Be careful of the add-onsdisappointedDined on 5/25/2014Waitress asked if we wanted rice and beans with our meal but never told us the it would cost an extra $4 EACH for a small bowl!!!! Seriously?!?!Special Features: