SOLSTICE Restaurant & Wine Bar
1801 Lakeshore Rd W
Mississauga, ON L5J 1J6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
SOLSTICE Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.solsticerestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 9058221801x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: John Paul Angheloni
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room can accommodate over 90 people for a seated event or 120 for a cocktail reception.
Please visit http://solsticerestaurant.ca/events.php
for more details
- Private Party Contact: Vince Angheloni 9058221801x
A word from SOLSTICE Restaurant & Wine Bar
In the fall of 2005, brothers Vince, John Paul and Andrew Angheloni (AKA "The Boy's" to all of the regulars) opened Solstice Restaurant & Wine Bar™ in Clarkson Village. Being raised in a family that was always involved in the restaurant business, the brothers share a passion for food, wine, and all things culinary. Their vision was to share this passion with the community and create a restaurant that is not only exceptional quality & value, but warm and inviting as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SOLSTICE Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent presentation of food, very artistic and everything tasted wonderful.Special Features:
- Very pleasant !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014From the moment we walked in we felt welcome, ordered a recommended California cab very nice . I had their summer prix fixe for $30, amazing value, my wife ordered the arancini and the strozzapreti pasta , she loved it . Our first time , but we will definitely will be back often .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuvmygurlDined on 7/25/2014I took my gf of 1 year for dinner and the wait staff were very friendly and the food was excellent - although some more colour on the plate would have made it more visually appealingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the SOLSTICE Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Excellent as usualDanielDined on 3/24/2014The food and service are always stellar and on the mark. The staff is great with special requests and recommendations. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Drive a snick south of QEW-SolsticeDeValeraVIPDined on 3/15/2014Vince was a fine host for out little group and Leonard served our table perfectly. We were ordering off the main menu despite the wonderful "Favourites menu" for 29.95, many great options there but I was set on the talapia and others for steak. When I inquired about the arugula salad Leonard nicely mentioned that I could chose a salad from the Favourites and I quite enjoyed the warm mushroom salad. Bonus points to Leonard for coming around with fresh brewed refills of decaf. The wine list has options for many price points and the 2007 Brunello is going with my next meal. A great local, fine food, terrific service and a good selection of deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is quiet and unpretentiJohnDined on 12/21/2013The service is quiet and unpretentious. The food is extremely good and well presented. Will return and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- We are foodie and we love it here!!bebitongVIPDined on 12/1/2013It is a neighborhood gem and one of the fairest price and great quality restaurant here in Mississauga/Oakville area. We are foodie (the purpose of our Disney trip is their dining!!), we enjoy a variety of cuisine and we travel around GTA quite often for food. We started coming to Solstice about 9 months ago; and now we come almost once every two weeks. It consistently delivers good quality food, and the servers are attentive. The entire team is welcoming. We love their grilled calamari. The pizza is very god, so is their pasta selection. The kitchen staffs are very accommodating; and they often have new menu items for local restaurant event. You will not be disappointed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing fromFabsDined on 11/2/2013The food was amazing from beginning to end, however i wish they asked how i would prefer my duck because it was too well done for me. This place is on my fav top 5 restaurants in peel and even out do some of the places in TorontoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good timeTonyDined on 10/5/2013We were impressed with the food and service. Nice touch with the Happy Anniversary written on our desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findDunelmianDined on 8/31/2013The food was good. It was served piping hot; clearly, freshly prepared. The prices were reasonable for a restaurant of this quality, although the wine markups at close to 200% were on the high side. Pastas were excellent, as were the mussels. Quality of the liver excellent; it was well prepared (not over-cooked) although the sauce was overwhelming and boring. Vegetables were cooked al dente, very much to my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit andmerk28Dined on 8/23/2013This was our first visit and the food & service was outstanding can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After several visits overOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013After several visits over the last couple of years, we have found the food to be consistent in a quality, selection and presentation without becoming too predictable. The waiting staff is very attentive without being too over the top. It has become a very confortable spot for us to go out to dinner as a couple or with a group of 10 or more. Full marks for the quality service and price. Limited wine list, but you can bring your favourite with you.Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013I can't say enough about this place. We came across it a few months ago and are just over the moon satisfied every time we go. It is our go to neighborhood restaurant. So far I have only had appetizers from the menu and specials for entree and they have always been perfect. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday Dinner!KatieMarieDined on 6/10/2013I took my fiance here for his birthday dinner, our first time, and they made it memorable :) Highly recommend trying it out. Thanks guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013From the moment we arrived we knew we stumbled on a great find. The food and service were exceptional. The owner came by to check in on us and chatted with us for a bit. You can tell he is very passionate about his business. We each enjoyed our appetizers (crab cakes and goat cheese mushroom cap) the entrees were divine we each had the the special rib eye which was cooked to perfection. Dessert we were to full but the selection looked great. I thought it was a nice gesture of the owner to send us home baked biscotti with a candle to wish my wife happy birthday. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I left a notebook from a meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/28/2013I left a notebook from a meeting there and they very kindly sent it to me by express mail as it was too far for me to drive back again. This was greatly appreciatedSpecial Features:
- Solstice was a very pleasantMickeyVIPDined on 1/12/2013Solstice was a very pleasant surprise for all 4 of us. Chosen because we wanted to try someplace new for us, it turned out to be one of the best dining experiences we've had in a while. When we arrived Vince, the co-owner, thoughtfully suggested that we could wait for a few minutes at the bar for a nicer table than those that were immediately available. While the staff are friendly, this place is all about the great food. Each of us loved everything we ordered, from the brick oven pizza, to the outstanding fried calamari and salads we had for our starters. And, it got even better for our mains. This is a chef who really knows his craft! This is a place to which we'll definitely return.Special Features:
- service was hesitant at firstgreatVIPDined on 1/5/2013service was hesitant at first but then she warmed up. Restaurant was very quiet the night we were there but it was the first weekend of the new year. TVs at the bar showing football while we were there - interesting, but gives it a sports bar feel. Would love if they would add more wine to the list given that this a wine bar! But we did find a bottle we loved. Food was very good - we will work our way through the menu as we plan on returning often. Veal marsala was very good!
- Excellent food and excellentanonymousDined on 9/21/2012Excellent food and excellent service. Will return again for certain. Only problem was when we arrived at the restaurant, they did not have our reservation. I think it is because they are new to Open Table? ThanksSpecial Features: