7412 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stowemountainlodge.com/
- Phone: 802-760-4735x
- Hours of Operation:
SOLSTICE - Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am; Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
HOURGLASS BAR & LOUNGE - Lunch: 11am - 5pm; Dinner:5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Cody Berry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Imagine your guests sampling local Vermont cheeses presented by fifth generation cheese makers, freshly caught trout cooked over an open fire with babbling brook background sounds, T-bones served in cast iron skillets, grilled slow cooked local suckling served on authentic picnic tables with blue denim linens, campfire music, sing-alongs, or blue grass tunes. The team at Solstice and Stowe Mountain Lodge can customize your next catered event on the Mountain.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room up to 16 guests
- Private Party Contact: Solstice Restaurant 802-760-4735x
- Special Events: Holiday dinners
A word from Solstice
Solstice, Stowe Mountain Lodge's signature restaurant, offers Vermont artisan-inspired cuisine in an elegant and relaxed setting. Enjoy views from every direction – an open kitchen and interactive chef station tantalizes the senses, and a wall of windows overlooking Spruce Peak mountain offers an exhilarating background for every meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Solstice reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (6)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A gem for any AnniversaryFrancoDined on 8/30/2014For our 20 year anniversary my wife and myself decided to spend a couple of nights in Stowe, VT. I used OpenTable to look for a nice dinner place. I chose the restaurant Solstice because of its rating. When we arrived that evening we were impressed by the location and the entire resort. The dinner and service was exceptional. Our dishes were prepared with creativity, the ingredients were first class and the portions were perfect. The wine list offered a broad selection and it was easy to pair with the dishes. A superb and memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went for dinner. Everything from the food to the service was completely enjoyable. We started with the cheese plate, which the very knowledgable staff explained in detail to us, and a very good bottle of wine. Or dinner choice was the pot roast, which melts in your mouth. The ambiance in the restaurant was lovely, and the staff was helpful without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely hotel diningMSBBQDined on 8/21/2014Lovely ambiance and service. Food was good, but not spectacular. Wonderful choice if you want to stay on Stowe Lodge property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would gladly return!VermontSalDined on 8/16/2014We had a very nice meal. Started with the three cheese sampler and realized we wouldn't have enough room for the dinner (we'd both ordered the sirloin). Our server said, "sure, no problem" when we asked to share a single order. Our halves arrived beautifully presented ... no sense that either was a less than complete meal. Tasty, too!Special Features:
- Memorable MealKrisDined on 7/11/2014I dined with 3 other people and we all selected different entrees to maximize the menu. All were delicious and the service superb, but the highlight was the pot roast. Who knew that such a simple meal could be so beautifully and expertly prepared? I would go back just for that!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationLaurieBDined on 7/11/2014We are from Ottawa, Canada and wanted to have a "special" dinner to celebrate our shared 52nd birthday. What a beautiful restaurant! We enjoyed it immensely. Food was very good and service was excellent.Special Features:
- loud kids ruining a special dinnerGirlsNightOutDined on 7/9/2014Although the food was local and flavorful, the expensive meal and relaxing ambiance was ruined as soon as the families appeared with kids screaming, running around, and slamming the doors going in and outside. The waitstaff did not address the chaos. Regarding the service, they waiter was attentive, but needed to scream to tell us the menu to be heard above the noise. This is all unfortunate since there is an area outside the main dining room that is more family friendly. Spending around $100 per person should not include being disturbed by misbehaved kids and indifferent parents.Special Features:
- The following 155 reviews are from the Solstice reviews archive.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was wonderful! Had never been here an very much needed a away break, would very much like to stay some time out of my price range but maybe some day. Brunch was well worth the money, staff in the dining room an hostess were outstanding. nice to hear yourself by name not a "guest". Two small downfalls a couple "hot items were not but barely warm. My valet did not know you were serving brunch! Hope to see this place again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solstastic!CiciVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was great and the services was spot on. We were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Solstice sits at the base of the ski mountain so the views are beautiful. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!Devine71Dined on 3/8/2014Food was delicious. Service was fast. Service was friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingPinetreeDined on 2/18/2014Given the venue in a new luxury resort at Stowe, we were expecting a much better dining experience. The whole meal felt like we were in a mediocre tourist trap instead of in a fine dining restaurant. Service was slow and the ambiance was depressing. If you stay at the lodge, drive to town for a much better meal.
- Disappointment!..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Food was very salty and unnecessary spicy!.,It was very noisy there because next door restaurant had a lot of guest!..
- Over the top in StoweNJOREatsDined on 1/31/2014Solstice is a well-done, but typical, apres ski resort dining experience. Featuring local VT ingredients and a few exotic flavors, the portions were a bit modest. Venison was a bit overcooked and berry sauce was tasty, but scant, leaving the meal dry. Roast scallops were done to perfection. It was expected to have a fine dining restaurant at the 'new' Stowe resort, but our expectations were higher than they should have been. Interior design is stunning wood and slate, with a soaring ceiling and mountain views. The resort is definitely family friendly, but can we ask parents and kids to leave their iPhones and iPads in their rooms and practice the art of conversation during dinner. At the very least, turn off the flash!Special Features:
- Okay, nothing greatjmatDined on 1/31/2014Food was good but not great, found it to be very over rated. It was not the fantastic dining experience expected. The prices were however that of a high dining facility.
- SuperbMalafronteDined on 1/27/2014Everything from the wine to the amuse was perfect! My steak was cooked exactly as requested and the truffle Mac and cheese was unlike any other I've had before. My boyfriend ordered venison, a dish I normally shy away from, but I tried his and it was absolutely delicious. It was an elegant dining experience and we will definitely be returning to Solstice on our next trip to Stowe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday NightGordonDined on 1/5/2014We're a group of 4 dining together.....great appertisers.....one salmon dinner was outstanding,one pot roast was outstanding,two seared scallop dinners OK but scallops needed to be cooked more thoroughly as they had cold centers and not edible ...deserts very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was much better beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2013Great location, but the food and service has gone downhill since our last visit. I wonder if they may have a new chef as the food has declined so significantly. Even the cocktails have gone down.
- Solstice Needs workdaffyDined on 10/18/2013Menu was limited and tryinng to hard to be interesting. Braised duck legs were charred and dry. Salmon portion tiny. Service was disinterested. Cocktails were watery. Doesn't say much when best part of the meal was the a la carte mashed potatoes. Even the croutons on the caesar salad were stale. For these prices it would be better to dine off the premises.Special Features:
- Recommed!BTraveler13VIPDined on 10/7/2013If you are staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge, great option (only?) to dine and stay in. Great appetizers, nice main entrees. Awesome view.Special Features:
- SolsticemtdicksonVIPDined on 10/6/2013This is a lovely restaurant, reminiscent of all big Mountain Resort places. The food was very good. My lamb was cooked perfectly as was my husband's duck. They seem to specialize in Duck as there were four different dishes on the menu, and they all looked very good. Our waitress did an amazing job describing the dishes with such gusto. Try their blueberry cobbler! It was delicious!!! Just a lovely relaxing evening, to finish off a delightful weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.danjeffDined on 10/5/2013We were seated at a very nice, comfortable table for two. The temperature in the large room was comfortabe. The dining room has very large floor-to-ceiling windows that provide a nice view to the landscaped areas outside. The lighting at the table was just right for the occasion. The tables are adequately spaced to provide satisfactory distance between guests. The service was attentive, friendly, and timely. The food was excellent. The pot roast and associated dishes could not have been better. The price was commesurate with the quality of the experience and warranted a generous tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigger than t's britchesnotimpressedDined on 9/27/2013This is a restaurant in a posh resort that tries to be fancy but comes off providing good service and good food,nothing spectacular. The waiter was very well trained and attentive without being obtrusive. The food was OK, nothing special. We had the lobster and corn chowder which was great. My surf and turf was OK although I asked for my steak medium and it came well done. The prices reflect their self opinion.Special Features:
- PresentationRomeoDined on 9/21/2013The food was unique with blending different flavors. Our meals were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cheeses at SoltsticeTracyDined on 9/18/2013My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Soltice. Great service. Food was delicious. My husband said his lamb chop was one of the best he had ever had. My scallops were light and tasty-not rubbery which I hate. Cheese plate was really good. Served with a delicious local honey. Dessert was a decadent Chocolate affair.Special Features:
- seasoning offlovevermontDined on 9/14/2013The salmon was extremely salty, sent back, and had tons of crushed black pepper instead on the second piece
- Solstice RestaurantJeanneDined on 8/23/2013This was very good. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful. They made sure what you ordered was what you really wanted. They explained new items that were unfamiliar to us. I was not sure about which wine I wanted to have with dinner. They went out of their way to try to help with the our best choice depending on our taste. They did not go for the more expensive wine, they based it on our description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sparkles in stowestowefoodeeDined on 8/17/2013Delicious food, well presented, fun staff, unexpected separate GF menu pleased friend with allergy. Happy to have you in town. For me, compares to Michaels and Hen of the Wood. Decor was admired by my designer husband.Special Features:
- Great Saturday night feast.BernieDined on 8/16/2013Exceptional scallop fare as everything was so tasty and unique. Memorable meal in every respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not knock my shoes off...CappalliDined on 8/4/2013Yes, beautiful scenery.. Yes, a friendly staff.. but the food as lacking this particular night. Fish over cooked, steak over cooked when we ordered it medium well.. there are so many great options in this area that I would recommend they up the anti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was god but not great.crpmVIPDined on 7/20/2013The food was god but not great. For the prices, I would have expected better food. The steak was very unremarkable.Special Features:
- Great DinnerAnonymousVIPDined on 7/14/2013Our dinner was perfect beginning to end. Note only was the food perfect (field green salad, sirloin, whipped potatoes, english green peas, and spinach) but the service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend Solstice. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/4/2013My wife and I were had a wonderful dining experience over the 4th of July weekend. We appreciates the attention to detail given we had our 19 month old in tow. The food was excellent, but the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterBethMDined on 5/25/2013The food quality lets the service and ambiance down. The consistently poor execution ruins the local ingredients. Could be fanyastic but is frankly sub par compared to other local options.Special Features:
- Superb in Every Wayfab453Dined on 5/18/2013We stayed at the Stowe Mtn Lodge and enjoyed dinner at Solstice to celebrate the graduation of our daughter from U of Vermont. Everything was top notch from the food to the service and the surroundings. The quality of the food was superb and the views while dining were nothing short of spectacular. Expensive, but worth every penny!Special Features:
- A tasty brunch but idle serversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013We had reservations for two for Easter Brunch, so may not apply to other dining experiences. It was hard to find parking, so did like valet service. The dining room is pleasant, but would not call view of ski lifts, wooden decks "scenic." The trout, chicken piccata, prime rib, quite good. The lamb & frittata dry & bland. A good green salad and peas/carrots the only vegetable. Melon/cuke salad the only fruit (and melons not ripe). Desserts very good. No bacon or sausage offered. Ham would have been welcome. Main complaint, though, an inattentive server who never oriented us to the brunch, who rarely showed up at our table to assist. It took forever to get entree plate removed to have space for dessert or to get a 2nd cup of coffee.
- Very high end comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2013Very high end comfort food after a day of skiing. We especially enjoyed the local cheese selections (chosen by the waiter, who threw in an additional choice of blue cheese for me when he realized that I liked it even if my husband did not). I had the duck breast and my husband had the pot roast and they were both delectable -- if you are going for volume, get the pot roast.Special Features:
- I love the view and the cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013I love the view and the cozy feel. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Convient to the ski hillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2013For the price, there are tastier places to go. Bland salads (two of them). Giant comfort food portions -- but not spectacular flavor.
- Convenient place to go when2bulldogsVIPDined on 3/6/2013Convenient place to go when at Stowe mountain. Way overpriced for what itis, many good options locally.Special Features:
- Food was great.UnfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2013Food was great.Unfortunately our server was not, and our overall experience was not good.Special Features: