2501 E Camelback
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soloaz.com/
- Phone: 6023683680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -3:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm -5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Craig Degel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Solo Trattoria
Arizona focused, seasonally inspired Italian cookin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Solo Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Solo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (38)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Nice FindReviewmanVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great service...good wine...really good food! Not hard to find, the way some people say in other reviews. Valet parking is free. Try it!Special Features:
- A small neighborhood feelDanaNotmanVIPDined on 8/23/2014I really enjoyed our diner at Solo Trattoria. The restaurant felt more like a small neighborhood cafe tucked inside the Camelback Esplanade, and it was really cozy. Our food was great - everyone enjoyed their meals and their drinks. The pizzas were delicious, as were the pastas and veggie plates. I also really liked the guitarist/singer who was playing in the restaurant all night. She was talented and kept the ambiance for our meal. The only point of imperfection was our server, as she never read us the specials of the day, didn't help us understand the menu, and wasn't around for questions that we inevitably had, so we had to track her down on more than one occasion. However, everything else was great, and we'll be back, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotHJK18Dined on 8/23/2014Although the location of the restaurant is difficult to find, you will be rewarded for your efforts. The menu is different from most other Italian restaurants with offerings that are unusual, but delicious. Our waiter, Sean, was very knowledgeable and attentive. The portion were not overly large and the right size to satisfy. A very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Loved the meal and serviceExperienceLocalFoodOnlyDined on 8/16/2014Ryan did a fabulous job with our table and those around us. He was exceptional with courtesy, accuracy in answering questions and recommendations. The food arrived super quick. The temperature of the entree was spot on and the complimentary bread was just the right amount. The night we went we enjoyed live Alto-Sax playing in the dining room. We highly recommend this place.
- Lovely EveningCasandraDined on 8/16/2014Everything was lovely about our evening. Food was delectable, service was great, entertainment was a solo saxophonist. When making out online reservations, I noted we were celebrating a birthday. When we ordered our desert they brought out his with a birthday candle in it and wished him a happy birthday. That was very nice and classy, non of the singing and clapping to disturb the other patrons. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Too much music noiseTaitDined on 8/16/2014The only negative was the loud saxophone attempt at playing. It was not soothing background music but a loud and objectionable disruption to a nice place to eat. Music while dining ought to be much quieter than what was presented Saturday evening. Far too many restaurants seem to think that noise and confusion are necessary to dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Upscale Dining ExperiencejhmarshallDined on 8/15/2014Only by virtue of an Amazon Local Deal did we discover Solo Trattoria, one of those places aptly described as "tucked away", but also right off Camelback in the Biltmore area. Full but no wait line on early Friday eve. Service was friendly and attentive throughout the night and the live music pleasing and not obtrusive. The artichoke heart with egg and prosciutto was a light, pleasing start. I had the Skuna Bay salmon and my friend the shrimp scampi, the latter appearing to be a better choice for those with an appetite - the salmon and the vegetable accompaniments being pleasing in flavor and appearance, but less in quantity. A shared house-made tiramisu made for a delightful ending.Special Features:
- Incredible Find For Awesome FoodIn2HotSpotsROYGBIVVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was a find from Open Table with no prior knowledge of the space, food or staff. It was a great find and a definite return every time I visit PHX. The food was great as the dishes are good size portions and just full of flavor. I eat healthy and try to stay away from the added-fats and the chef was just great about working with me to ensure I could stay on my gym-diet. The was there with business team mates and they had the dishes right off the menu and enjoyed them just as much ... so, you can adjust slightly to avoid the oil and butter or dig in and indulge. The staff went out of their way to ensure we were all having the best meal ever. If you are in the PHX area you need to go ... go now!Special Features:
- Delightful experienceMadelineDined on 8/11/2014We visited Solo Trattoria to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had never been there, but through a promotional email I decided the restaurant seemed inviting. We were not disappointed. Italian cuisine is one of our favorites and this was exceptional: food was presented well and in appropriate portions; pasta prepared with lemoncello and cooked al dente. Dessert also made a good impression. Our wait staff were very observant. Definitely a perfect choice for us!Special Features:
- Excellent!G8FoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great dining spot, energy but not too loud, great food and attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014A wonderful night out, with tasty food (such a nice choice), attentive but not over the top service, all made better with a great Groupon deal.Special Features:
- ExcellentBirthdaygirlDined on 8/8/2014Service outstanding without being interrupted by a waiter wanting to know if everything is OK. He seemed to sense our needs and was ready to accomodate. Food Excellent.Special Features:
- Very tasty food though limited menuolpskiDined on 8/7/2014The food, service and restauarant inside ambience were great. It's a bit difficult to find as it's in the actual Esplanade shop area. They could offer a bit more selection on the menu. I created my own dinner plate by combining the risotto and their homemade meatballs which turned out to be superb. Don't forget to have them validate your parking as it is free.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening with friendsFrequentDinerDined on 8/2/2014Solo has a great atmosphere with a wonderful menu. My wife and I both had the shrimp scampi which was perfectly prepared with bold, fresh flavor and six beautiful shrimp. The wine was fantastic and their live music was a very talented singer and musician. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Once we arrived we were swiftly seated in the dining area where some lovely live music was being performed. Our waiter kindly went over the menu with us making a few suggestions along the way. Overall the service was outstanding and the meal was delicious.Special Features:
- Not impressedphxfoodieDined on 7/28/2014Was looking for a good Italian restaurant for our anniversary. .. The place was nice buy very dirty menus. We ordered bruschetta, veggie rigatoni pasta and mushroom pizza with some wine they were all good and for dessert we order carrot cake (really dry :-( ) and tiramisu cake that was really moist the bottom was almost liquidy ... so that's why I gave a 3 stars Not sure if we will go again..
- Great as alwaysmitimomDined on 7/25/2014There is some new art on the walls and a new jazz duo playing during out meal. The restaurant is alive with happy diners. Jon has hit a home run with Solo's menu and atmosphere. Our friends really enjoyed their meal, as did we. Always a great time. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in PhoenixBrettDined on 7/23/2014They have best meatballs in the valley; they come in a homemade traditional marinara sauce. The chicken marsala is moist, tender, and crispy with loads of savory mushrooms in a delectable marsala sauce. I also loved their fresh pasta, especially the chitarra, which is homemade.Special Features:
- Never knewJenkathenDined on 7/18/2014Great food. Very nice inside. Service from all! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedJulieVIPDined on 7/17/2014I took my sister to Solo for her birthday dinner. We enjoyed hanging out with Eli in the bar first, and then seated in the intimate dining area. The service and the food were excellent. We shared the Salmon and chicken/mushroom/ pasta dish. Patty said it was the best meal she'd had in awhile. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was our first time at Solo and I know we will go back. Everyone was so welcoming abs the food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Romantic Evening OutCasandraDined on 7/12/2014This was out first time at Solo Trattoria. We were greeted promptly upon out arrival. Our table wasn't quite ready for us, so we were directed to have a seat at the bar. Which we did and the bartender was very nice and friendly. Once out table was ready we moved. They had live entertainment that evening, which was nice but just a little bit too loud for a Romantic evening, but all in all she sang well and we enjoyed the entertainment. The lighting was just a little bit to dim, very hard to read the menu. Our service was very polite and explained things very well for us. Especially since we were there using a Deal Chicken voucher. This was out fisrst visit and we look forward to returning. The food was scrumptious. Thank You!!!Special Features:
- Fresh family owned gem!!Super1Dined on 7/7/2014Super clean family owned.. Farm fresh, perfect portioned meals. Super staff that was very knowledgeable of the menu with great recommendations.. Can't wait to go back on a night with live music..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/1/2014We had a great evening and really enjoyed the restaurant. Excellent service, and delicious food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Overall we had a great night. The salmon was excellent.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDmjohnson82VIPDined on 6/25/2014We come here often. Food is always great and the staff is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrancieVIPDined on 6/21/2014No Caesar or Ranch dressing for salad. Very expensive even with a coupon. Waiter (not sure if he was a relative of the owner) was pretty disinterested in helping us.
- Cute and RomanticBigSmilesDined on 6/20/2014Solo Trattoria had a duet playing... a saxophone and a bass which made for a romantic treat. The service was pretty good, and the atmosphere was very relaxed. My flat iron was cooked perfectly and the combination of caramelized onions and mushrooms made this a very tasty entree. I would definitely recommend this place1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!phxfoodloverVIPDined on 6/19/2014Great family run place. So much made from scratch. Will be going back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingPHXLouisVIPDined on 6/14/2014Solo Trattoria is one of my favorite restaurants in Phoenix. I really enjoy the live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. The menu, while not large, has some great selections. I love the beet salad with arugula, which is big enough to split with a dining companion. On my most recent visit, I had the flat iron steak which was delightful. On past visits, I've had the Chicken Marsala, Chicken Picatta, Salmon and Pizza……all of which have been delicious. This small family owned & operated restaurant has a very pleasant ambiance and service is always outstanding. There's plenty of parking in the Esplanade parking garage, which is free of charge with validation provided by the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the effort to find it!Wendell2foodieDined on 6/11/2014The only problem with Solo Trattoria is its location. First timers will have a difficult time finding it, located in a complicated office megaplex with many different entrances, none if which are marked for the restaurant. We glimpsed the entrance as our GPS got us there but then couldn't figure out how to access it. We ended up parking in the wrong lot with no elevator and had to trek down two flights of stairs )with two bad knees) across a plaza before we got there. Once in, we were greeted, seated immediately and took advantage of Wednesday half-price wine bottle night. Meatballs as a starter for me were heavenly, and my wife loved her usual choice, Caprese salad. Bread, shrimp scampi and chicken Marsala delicious. Debbie great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian with a flairgoodeats48Dined on 6/7/2014All members of our party of 4 loved this new family owned and operated gem. From appetizers, entres and deserts the food was all well crafted, presented and delicious. It is dining at its best. The wait sraff was attentive and knowledgable. The seating comfy and refined. Go support this establishment they deserve it and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique and delicious cuisinepidgeDined on 6/5/2014absolutely loved me night here - the food was fabulous and the service amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiancethatsItalian2Dined on 5/31/2014We were greeted promptly, had to wait a few min for our table, but were given a choice of which one we'd like, which was nice. Our server was pleasant, knowledgeable about the wine list, and helpful with the menu. The food was very good to excellent, caprese salad and asparagus & proscuitto appetizers were excellent, as was the salmon. The atmosphere was very nice-a family with children were near us and quite happy, as were the couples around us. Would definitely go back, and would recommend Solo Trattoria to anyone!Special Features:
- Just loved this placeDebraDined on 5/30/2014There was not one thing that we ordered that we did not like. I am looking forward to my next visit so I can try some others.Special Features:
- Local gemAnnWDined on 5/27/2014Every time we've visited the food it terrific. The menu changes depending on locally available items and the season. The beet salad and flat iron steak are the best. This is a must visit restaurant--it's worth it's hard to find location (below the AMC theatres off Camelback in the Esplanade) Save room for dessert!!Special Features:
- outstanding servicemartyDined on 5/24/2014i have dined in this restaurant couple times and all of the staff are terriffic as is the foodSpecial Features:
- Not up to expectations!ScottsdaleStu6VIPDined on 5/21/2014First time at Solo Trattoria and won't be back. Started with the bread, probably would have been good but it was burnt, (never should have been served to us). Had the caprese salad, tomatoes were ordinary not ripe, and the mozzarella was tasteless. Main entree, was their pasta bolognese. This too was bland, tasteless, and spice was lacking and the pasta was limp and overdone. Sorry folks, you may be catering to the Chicago crowd but in this case you missed out. Suggestion, try some garlic, oregano and leave pepper on the table.Special Features:
- Worth findingmargaretmitchellDined on 5/21/2014We had a Living Social voucher so were seeking the location of this restaurant. It's a good thing we had the address and a gps because it is hidden away in an upscale center and doesn't have much signage or visibility from the street. We enjoyed our visit especially the appetizers and entrees. The desserts each had a little twist on traditional flavors which depending on your tastes could be a refreshing innovation or a slight disappointment. Would go there again if we were in the area.Special Features:
- Worth finding ...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Even w/ a GPS (and, tho, one block from our hotel, staff was unaware of restaurant!) it was not easy to find this gem but it certainly is worth your while. Cuisine is creative and staff knowledgeable. Good wine selection and lovely art - for sale - exhibited on walls. Casual. Definitely returning when in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.