2501 E Camelback
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soloaz.com/
- Phone: 6023683680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -3:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm -5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Craig Degel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Solo Trattoria
Arizona focused, seasonally inspired Italian cookin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Solo Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Solo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (37)romantic (34)notable wine list (24)good for groups (20)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Just moved into the area and decided to give this spot a try. The service was phenomenal and the food was was amazing. There was live music that night and it was pretty solid. It was noisy but not too loud if that makes any sense. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casualLorenVIPDined on 10/14/2014casual comfortable and tasty................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Outstanding, as usualPHXLouisVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food is always delicious at Solo Trattoria. Server Drew provided a good description of some new menu items and they did not disappoint. Very pleasant ambiance and free (validated) parking. If you haven't been here before, you should go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, eclectic Italian eateryGoodTimesDined on 10/9/2014The food and cocktails were terrific. The wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. Lots of art from local artists on the walls. We intend to return on the weekend for the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 10/8/2014If you want home cooked Italian food, this is the place. Plus, half off on ALL bottles of wine on Wednesdays. A great deal!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food/wineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014This place makes their own pasta and everything my group ate was DELICIOUS! Wine was also really great. Only compliant is we had to sit by the entertainment so it was a bit loud and we had made reservations and still had to wait and then had to wait for our waitress several times.Special Features:
- Eccellente! Molto Buona!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2014Not your average Italian restaurant!! Family owned & operated; excellent in every way. Eclectic décor (you can buy the art off the walls), small but well utilized interior, outside seating, knowledgeable wait staff but most of all - absolutely delicious food!! The flat iron steak is out of this world! The night we dined, they were offering a lamb shank special with ricotta dumplings. It was soo flavorful, and fall off the bone tender. We've been here several times - it's a favorite.Special Features:
- Great family-owned spot!JPOPDined on 9/27/2014Wasnt familiar with Solo, but great food and incredibly friendly service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- AMAZING food and service!Michelle2013Dined on 9/27/2014This is a new favorite for us! Meatball appetizer was INCREDIBLE!...entrees...mouthwatering!....house-made Limoncello...unlike ANY we have ever had!...dessert....a big scoop of vanilla ice cream that arrives with a shot of Amaro, and espresso that is poured over ice cream and then served with fresh made biscotti!....can't wait to go back! Owner, his family...and his staff are EXTREMELY attentive, friendly and truly seem to care about their restaurant...check this one out!!!Special Features:
- Love this place!!RobbieJDined on 9/26/2014Great food and customer service! First time there for restaurant week for a birthday dinner and had a fantastic time. Live music was a suprise too! Staff is amazing. Friendly, knowlegable of the food and wine list. I can't say enough about this great find. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- 1st time visitorMikeSDined on 9/24/2014Moved here from WI. Very impressed with the food and friendly atmosphere of the family run business. Took me 1/2 hour to drive here from my new location and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianThenCDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant reminds me of the restaurants in Florence, very simple décor, excellent food and drinks and noisy like a fish market. Very Italian. We had Gnuchi, Salmon and Flat Iron and they were all very good in an Italian way with great sauces and handmade pasta.Special Features:
- Esplanade EateryDenisePhoenixDined on 9/24/2014We visited the Solo Trattoria to try their restaurant week menu & celebrate a retirement. We were greeted warmly, and able to get one of the side booths (definitely quieter and roomier, especially once the jazz duo started - who were by the way very entertaining) since we had a reservation. The server was knowledgable about the restaurant week specials and explained the specials well. Portions were hearty without being overpowering, wine list was a great bargain with 1/2 off bottles for the restaurant week special. Highlights were the meatball appetizer, pork belly appetizer, shrimp scampi. The ricotta gnudi were not what I expected but the braised beef accompanying them was super. We will return to try more regular menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GemdaniaDined on 9/24/2014I really enjoyed myself. I had the Salmon and it was very good. My friend and I ordered a bottle of wine which was also very good. There was live jazzy music. You must have the tiramisu. YUM!!Special Features:
- The meatballs oh my!PickyeaterDined on 9/22/2014And the gnocchi, the pasta, the prosciutto and melon, the tiramisu. I can't remember what I eat most days but Solo's food is downright delicious. We keep going back, trying new things and it always wows us! It's not just the food that we love. The decor and ambiance is warm and artsy. Literally, the walls are adorned with wonderful art pieces from local artists for sale at reasonable prices! The service is impeccable and their knowledge of the menu and wines is unmatched. Be prepared to not know what to order because you'll want to try everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT experience!Ambrosia091674Dined on 9/20/2014We went there for my birthday and restaurant week. There was a guitar player singing classics, which were were surprised and happy to see. We were seated with a view of the performer. Our server Drew, made recommendations from the restaurant week menu, and we ordered cocktails off the drink menu. They were fantastic. We started with the pork belly and beet salad. They arrived quickly and both tasted amazing. Dinner was wonderful as well. We had the Ahi Tuna and Shrimp Scampi. I loved the tuna, the orzo it was served with was delicious as well. My husband enjoyed the shrimp as well, it had a nice spice level that was unexpected. We ordered our desert to go, were were so full. We will go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceseniorfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Service excellent, food very creative and tasty, fun. Noise level very high. Attentive personel and an experience I will repeat. Beat salad a treat and the Samon with canolli beans and endive savory.Special Features:
- KateVIPDined on 9/20/2014While the food and ambiance were excellent, what stands out in our minds is the impeccable service! The manager greeted us, stopped by the table and thanked us on the way out. The waiters were very personable and it was a GREAT VIBE at this restaurant. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceTravelingFoodieDined on 9/19/2014I was on the search for a local Italian restaurant and found Solo on Yelp. Overall I really enjoyed my evening out at Solo. The ambience was very nice, they even have some live music. The food was pretty good and I only say that because we had some chicken that needed more flavor although the chicken was super moist and still very good. I loved my salmon cakes and tomato appetizer. You can even take advantage of complimentary valet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday celebrationfancydiningDined on 9/19/2014We had the most friendly waiter Ryan! He was very detailed in the menu and our travelzoo promotion we purchased! I was impressed to see the table was reserved for us even though we were a few minutes late! The food was decadent, enjoyable band playing music in the background. We had the salmon and ahi tuna which were prepared just right! The desserts were also mouth watering. The tiramisu was very fluffy and the seasonal pumpkin cheesecake a hit. The after dinner shots were quite the surprise. The lemonchello was the best I have ever had! This place is certainly upscale and in price more of a special occassion and that fit our group just right!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Went during restaurant week and the food was the great. I had the meatballs, pizza and pumpkin cheesecake and it was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our first time there was extremely satisfying. A small place with great food and service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Different Chefs?JulieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Took my sis here for her bday in July & she commented it was the best meal she'd had in months! My fiancée & I went Fri night, arrived early, but were not seated until over an hr after our res. Menu different than expected from website menu & out of some veg items. Pork Belly appie was 2 burnt pieces on a bare plate, one 3 times bigger and & both 2/3 fat. My chicken dish in July was awesome, but no longer on the menu and this entree one was tasteless. Mike liked his steak dish, after adding S&P. Shared Chocolate dessert very small but tasty. We couldn't believe this 3-course meal advertised worth $90, was even disappointing at the $39 deal price. Pluses: bread was good & our Waiter tried very hard to please us after the late seating. Thx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as usualBitmoreBrokerDined on 9/12/2014We come to Solo Trattoria probably at least once a month and have always found the food and service to be exceptional. Until this last visit. I ordered my favorite dish, the short rib gnudi, and it arrived barely warm. My husband's scampi was piping hot and delicious. I sent the gnudi back and when it came back it was plenty warm enough but just didn't taste as fantastic as usual. I have dreams about this dish I love it so much. The waiter has waited on us before and been great. This time we had to go to the bar for our own second round of drinks as the food came and we still didn't have them. He apologized and picked up that round, but it still wasn't what it usually is. I'm hoping this was a unique night and not a trend.Special Features:
- Love family restaurantsDonnieDined on 9/12/2014Our table was ready when we arrived, the waiter was there immediately and very attentive. The food selection is a bit limited, but what they offer is quality ingredients and preparation. We enjoy it every time.Special Features:
- Solo is always a successNanaPapaDined on 9/11/2014Solo Trattoria is the kind of place you feel you have discovered on your own. It is accessible, unassuming and comfortable with a delightful happy hour and simple satisfying menu. The dining room is not too noisy for conversation and the family-owned family-run feeling makes for a comfortable and unhurried visit. Willing to customize or tweak your order, the staff is efficient and genuinely friendly. We are always glad when we think of Solo as our destination and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Decent Food Good ServiceGr82eatVIPDined on 9/6/2014I was visiting Phoenix from NY and was looking for an affordable restaurant with a decent menu offering and found this restaurant on OpenTable. We were greeted warmly and was a bit disappointed that we had to sit at a high table (which I find uncomfortable) as no regular tables were available. My dining partner doesn't eat seafood and that drastically reduced her dining options. She did settle on having pasta and meatballs, which was good. I didn't enjoy what I had and can't really remember what that was as it was unremarkable.Special Features:
- Wonderful live entertainment!WhoanylleDined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed the evening - great food, great service, fantastic entertainment!Special Features:
- Excellent overallMadurodaveDined on 9/3/2014Food was excellent. My wife and I shared an appetizer (pork belly) which was truly excellent with the mustard sauce. We each had an entree that we shared with each other (the tuna and salmon). Both extremely well prepared. Dessert was a shared dessert of the night's special cheesecake (almond joy) that was a delight to behold and even better to taste! Finally, my wife had a cappuccino that was excellent and I had an after-dinner drink. A great night! We left very full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand Slam Again ...In2HotSpotsROYGBIVVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was a return visit for me and once again the team did an awesome job with service, presentation and food. The team really accommodates every need and request for their guests. I tend to eat on the leaner side and there is never an issue with modifying the menu to help me stay fit. They even remembered my needs from when I was there a month ago! I love to cook myself and I know if there is no "love" in the kitchen the food comes out like day-old fast food. With that in mind, you can tell there is a team in the kitchen that truly has a passion for their menu - everything is incredible ... down to mom's desserts. Solo is family run and the restaurant is based on a "great Italian home" where everyone is greeted like family. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Solo Trattoriaciaohound7Dined on 8/30/2014Stopped in for an early (5:30) Saturday night dinner and thought we'd be the only one's in the place but by 6:00 the place was humming. Our entrees (mine: gnocchi with burgundy beef, wife's: spaghetti squash with sauteed vegetables and chicken medallions) were both very good and the portion size is just right. Live music (solo guitar player/singer).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindReviewmanVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great service...good wine...really good food! Not hard to find, the way some people say in other reviews. Valet parking is free. Try it!Special Features:
- A small neighborhood feelDanaNotmanVIPDined on 8/23/2014I really enjoyed our diner at Solo Trattoria. The restaurant felt more like a small neighborhood cafe tucked inside the Camelback Esplanade, and it was really cozy. Our food was great - everyone enjoyed their meals and their drinks. The pizzas were delicious, as were the pastas and veggie plates. I also really liked the guitarist/singer who was playing in the restaurant all night. She was talented and kept the ambiance for our meal. The only point of imperfection was our server, as she never read us the specials of the day, didn't help us understand the menu, and wasn't around for questions that we inevitably had, so we had to track her down on more than one occasion. However, everything else was great, and we'll be back, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotHJK18Dined on 8/23/2014Although the location of the restaurant is difficult to find, you will be rewarded for your efforts. The menu is different from most other Italian restaurants with offerings that are unusual, but delicious. Our waiter, Sean, was very knowledgeable and attentive. The portion were not overly large and the right size to satisfy. A very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Loved the meal and serviceExperienceLocalFoodOnlyDined on 8/16/2014Ryan did a fabulous job with our table and those around us. He was exceptional with courtesy, accuracy in answering questions and recommendations. The food arrived super quick. The temperature of the entree was spot on and the complimentary bread was just the right amount. The night we went we enjoyed live Alto-Sax playing in the dining room. We highly recommend this place.
- Lovely EveningCasandraDined on 8/16/2014Everything was lovely about our evening. Food was delectable, service was great, entertainment was a solo saxophonist. When making out online reservations, I noted we were celebrating a birthday. When we ordered our desert they brought out his with a birthday candle in it and wished him a happy birthday. That was very nice and classy, non of the singing and clapping to disturb the other patrons. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Too much music noiseTaitDined on 8/16/2014The only negative was the loud saxophone attempt at playing. It was not soothing background music but a loud and objectionable disruption to a nice place to eat. Music while dining ought to be much quieter than what was presented Saturday evening. Far too many restaurants seem to think that noise and confusion are necessary to dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Upscale Dining ExperiencejhmarshallDined on 8/15/2014Only by virtue of an Amazon Local Deal did we discover Solo Trattoria, one of those places aptly described as "tucked away", but also right off Camelback in the Biltmore area. Full but no wait line on early Friday eve. Service was friendly and attentive throughout the night and the live music pleasing and not obtrusive. The artichoke heart with egg and prosciutto was a light, pleasing start. I had the Skuna Bay salmon and my friend the shrimp scampi, the latter appearing to be a better choice for those with an appetite - the salmon and the vegetable accompaniments being pleasing in flavor and appearance, but less in quantity. A shared house-made tiramisu made for a delightful ending.Special Features:
- Incredible Find For Awesome FoodIn2HotSpotsROYGBIVVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was a find from Open Table with no prior knowledge of the space, food or staff. It was a great find and a definite return every time I visit PHX. The food was great as the dishes are good size portions and just full of flavor. I eat healthy and try to stay away from the added-fats and the chef was just great about working with me to ensure I could stay on my gym-diet. The was there with business team mates and they had the dishes right off the menu and enjoyed them just as much ... so, you can adjust slightly to avoid the oil and butter or dig in and indulge. The staff went out of their way to ensure we were all having the best meal ever. If you are in the PHX area you need to go ... go now!Special Features:
- Delightful experienceMadelineDined on 8/11/2014We visited Solo Trattoria to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had never been there, but through a promotional email I decided the restaurant seemed inviting. We were not disappointed. Italian cuisine is one of our favorites and this was exceptional: food was presented well and in appropriate portions; pasta prepared with lemoncello and cooked al dente. Dessert also made a good impression. Our wait staff were very observant. Definitely a perfect choice for us!Special Features: