2501 E Camelback
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soloaz.com/
- Phone: (602) 368-3680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -3:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm -5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Craig Degel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Solo Trattoria
Arizona focused, seasonally inspired Italian cookin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Solo Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Solo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (34)romantic (27)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (20)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (11)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- JohnVIPDined on 11/19/2014Great food and service!! Don't miss the half off on all bottle of wines on Wednesdays.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Date NightRickAZVIPDined on 11/15/2014A great Italian dinner with a twist, good wine, great dessert and a wonderful musician ... it was a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian restaurant in Biltmore areaMandyVIPDined on 11/11/2014The food was average. I had lunch with my 8 year old son who had the cheese pizza which was $10. Pricey for a kids cheese pizza. I had the Bolognese which had good flavoring overall. We shared a tiramisu which was actually good. We ate there because we were in the area and we had a localdine coupon so the meal was worth what I paid. Without the coupon, a bit pricey $35 for lunch. With the coupon I paid $25 total, including tip and tax.Special Features:
- Take a Pass o SoloRetired63VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great location. Very poor service and below average food at a premium price. We were VERY disappointed and will not be going there agin, nor recommending it to friends. Over hyped and over priced.
- Exceptional meal, moderate priceRichDined on 11/4/2014This family-owned and family-run restaurant delivers straightforward upscale Italian food from a variety of regions, without the stuffy service or overwrought menu that such places often have. The menu is short but complete, and the meal was worth twice what I paid; it was served with pride by a member of the owning family in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere, along with a perfect cocktail. Don't be put off by the fact that it's in a shopping center; the restaurant itself is a lovely space.Special Features:
- Central PHX evening dining secretLongTimeFansVIPDined on 11/3/2014We have visited multiple times for dinner and each time the wine, service and food were above average. There is plenty of parking in the Esplanade garage (bring in your ticket and the restaurant will validate). I can only assume that their busiest time is during weekday lunch hours, because on both nights we visited there were plenty of tables to choose from. The bar area is more lively, with sports on flat screens. Tables near the front windows have higher chairs with room to spread out, and the main dining area is more traditional seating. We have ordered different entrees on each visit; always fabulous no matter what. Our only critique would be that the chocolate cake, while delicious, could be more effectively shared if it was a bit bigger, or perhaps offer a "2-fork portion" option. The owner does make a point about the menu's healthy portion sizes on the restaurant's website video. Entree sizes were fine, and overall this approach is both admirable and consistently executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like Italian food.....BizfoodieDined on 10/30/2014Nice to have a authentic trattoria in our midst. More people should eat here. Comfortable atmosphere, good food with healthy options and great service. Perfect for business lunches or dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in a great location.NeubyknowsDined on 10/25/2014The menu was just right with a good variety of flavorful pallet pleasers. Our waitress knew everything on the menu and made great recommendations. The limoncello is home made and was perfect with dessert. Highly recommended for a special occasion or just casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightNegroniDined on 10/18/2014Just moved into the area and decided to give this spot a try. The service was phenomenal and the food was was amazing. There was live music that night and it was pretty solid. It was noisy but not too loud if that makes any sense. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casualLorenVIPDined on 10/14/2014casual comfortable and tasty................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Outstanding, as usualPHXLouisVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food is always delicious at Solo Trattoria. Server Drew provided a good description of some new menu items and they did not disappoint. Very pleasant ambiance and free (validated) parking. If you haven't been here before, you should go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, eclectic Italian eateryGoodTimesDined on 10/9/2014The food and cocktails were terrific. The wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. Lots of art from local artists on the walls. We intend to return on the weekend for the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 10/8/2014If you want home cooked Italian food, this is the place. Plus, half off on ALL bottles of wine on Wednesdays. A great deal!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food/wineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014This place makes their own pasta and everything my group ate was DELICIOUS! Wine was also really great. Only compliant is we had to sit by the entertainment so it was a bit loud and we had made reservations and still had to wait and then had to wait for our waitress several times.Special Features:
- Eccellente! Molto Buona!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2014Not your average Italian restaurant!! Family owned & operated; excellent in every way. Eclectic décor (you can buy the art off the walls), small but well utilized interior, outside seating, knowledgeable wait staff but most of all - absolutely delicious food!! The flat iron steak is out of this world! The night we dined, they were offering a lamb shank special with ricotta dumplings. It was soo flavorful, and fall off the bone tender. We've been here several times - it's a favorite.Special Features:
- Great family-owned spot!JPOPDined on 9/27/2014Wasnt familiar with Solo, but great food and incredibly friendly service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- AMAZING food and service!Michelle2013VIPDined on 9/27/2014This is a new favorite for us! Meatball appetizer was INCREDIBLE!...entrees...mouthwatering!....house-made Limoncello...unlike ANY we have ever had!...dessert....a big scoop of vanilla ice cream that arrives with a shot of Amaro, and espresso that is poured over ice cream and then served with fresh made biscotti!....can't wait to go back! Owner, his family...and his staff are EXTREMELY attentive, friendly and truly seem to care about their restaurant...check this one out!!!Special Features:
- Love this place!!RobbieJDined on 9/26/2014Great food and customer service! First time there for restaurant week for a birthday dinner and had a fantastic time. Live music was a suprise too! Staff is amazing. Friendly, knowlegable of the food and wine list. I can't say enough about this great find. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- 1st time visitorMikeSDined on 9/24/2014Moved here from WI. Very impressed with the food and friendly atmosphere of the family run business. Took me 1/2 hour to drive here from my new location and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianThenCDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant reminds me of the restaurants in Florence, very simple décor, excellent food and drinks and noisy like a fish market. Very Italian. We had Gnuchi, Salmon and Flat Iron and they were all very good in an Italian way with great sauces and handmade pasta.Special Features:
- Esplanade EateryDenisePhoenixDined on 9/24/2014We visited the Solo Trattoria to try their restaurant week menu & celebrate a retirement. We were greeted warmly, and able to get one of the side booths (definitely quieter and roomier, especially once the jazz duo started - who were by the way very entertaining) since we had a reservation. The server was knowledgable about the restaurant week specials and explained the specials well. Portions were hearty without being overpowering, wine list was a great bargain with 1/2 off bottles for the restaurant week special. Highlights were the meatball appetizer, pork belly appetizer, shrimp scampi. The ricotta gnudi were not what I expected but the braised beef accompanying them was super. We will return to try more regular menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GemdaniaDined on 9/24/2014I really enjoyed myself. I had the Salmon and it was very good. My friend and I ordered a bottle of wine which was also very good. There was live jazzy music. You must have the tiramisu. YUM!!Special Features:
- The meatballs oh my!PickyeaterDined on 9/22/2014And the gnocchi, the pasta, the prosciutto and melon, the tiramisu. I can't remember what I eat most days but Solo's food is downright delicious. We keep going back, trying new things and it always wows us! It's not just the food that we love. The decor and ambiance is warm and artsy. Literally, the walls are adorned with wonderful art pieces from local artists for sale at reasonable prices! The service is impeccable and their knowledge of the menu and wines is unmatched. Be prepared to not know what to order because you'll want to try everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT experience!Ambrosia091674Dined on 9/20/2014We went there for my birthday and restaurant week. There was a guitar player singing classics, which were were surprised and happy to see. We were seated with a view of the performer. Our server Drew, made recommendations from the restaurant week menu, and we ordered cocktails off the drink menu. They were fantastic. We started with the pork belly and beet salad. They arrived quickly and both tasted amazing. Dinner was wonderful as well. We had the Ahi Tuna and Shrimp Scampi. I loved the tuna, the orzo it was served with was delicious as well. My husband enjoyed the shrimp as well, it had a nice spice level that was unexpected. We ordered our desert to go, were were so full. We will go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceseniorfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Service excellent, food very creative and tasty, fun. Noise level very high. Attentive personel and an experience I will repeat. Beat salad a treat and the Samon with canolli beans and endive savory.Special Features:
- KateVIPDined on 9/20/2014While the food and ambiance were excellent, what stands out in our minds is the impeccable service! The manager greeted us, stopped by the table and thanked us on the way out. The waiters were very personable and it was a GREAT VIBE at this restaurant. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceTravelingFoodieDined on 9/19/2014I was on the search for a local Italian restaurant and found Solo on Yelp. Overall I really enjoyed my evening out at Solo. The ambience was very nice, they even have some live music. The food was pretty good and I only say that because we had some chicken that needed more flavor although the chicken was super moist and still very good. I loved my salmon cakes and tomato appetizer. You can even take advantage of complimentary valet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday celebrationfancydiningDined on 9/19/2014We had the most friendly waiter Ryan! He was very detailed in the menu and our travelzoo promotion we purchased! I was impressed to see the table was reserved for us even though we were a few minutes late! The food was decadent, enjoyable band playing music in the background. We had the salmon and ahi tuna which were prepared just right! The desserts were also mouth watering. The tiramisu was very fluffy and the seasonal pumpkin cheesecake a hit. The after dinner shots were quite the surprise. The lemonchello was the best I have ever had! This place is certainly upscale and in price more of a special occassion and that fit our group just right!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Went during restaurant week and the food was the great. I had the meatballs, pizza and pumpkin cheesecake and it was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our first time there was extremely satisfying. A small place with great food and service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Different Chefs?JulieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Took my sis here for her bday in July & she commented it was the best meal she'd had in months! My fiancée & I went Fri night, arrived early, but were not seated until over an hr after our res. Menu different than expected from website menu & out of some veg items. Pork Belly appie was 2 burnt pieces on a bare plate, one 3 times bigger and & both 2/3 fat. My chicken dish in July was awesome, but no longer on the menu and this entree one was tasteless. Mike liked his steak dish, after adding S&P. Shared Chocolate dessert very small but tasty. We couldn't believe this 3-course meal advertised worth $90, was even disappointing at the $39 deal price. Pluses: bread was good & our Waiter tried very hard to please us after the late seating. Thx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as usualBitmoreBrokerDined on 9/12/2014We come to Solo Trattoria probably at least once a month and have always found the food and service to be exceptional. Until this last visit. I ordered my favorite dish, the short rib gnudi, and it arrived barely warm. My husband's scampi was piping hot and delicious. I sent the gnudi back and when it came back it was plenty warm enough but just didn't taste as fantastic as usual. I have dreams about this dish I love it so much. The waiter has waited on us before and been great. This time we had to go to the bar for our own second round of drinks as the food came and we still didn't have them. He apologized and picked up that round, but it still wasn't what it usually is. I'm hoping this was a unique night and not a trend.Special Features:
- Love family restaurantsDonnieDined on 9/12/2014Our table was ready when we arrived, the waiter was there immediately and very attentive. The food selection is a bit limited, but what they offer is quality ingredients and preparation. We enjoy it every time.Special Features:
- Solo is always a successNanaPapaDined on 9/11/2014Solo Trattoria is the kind of place you feel you have discovered on your own. It is accessible, unassuming and comfortable with a delightful happy hour and simple satisfying menu. The dining room is not too noisy for conversation and the family-owned family-run feeling makes for a comfortable and unhurried visit. Willing to customize or tweak your order, the staff is efficient and genuinely friendly. We are always glad when we think of Solo as our destination and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Decent Food Good ServiceGr82eatVIPDined on 9/6/2014I was visiting Phoenix from NY and was looking for an affordable restaurant with a decent menu offering and found this restaurant on OpenTable. We were greeted warmly and was a bit disappointed that we had to sit at a high table (which I find uncomfortable) as no regular tables were available. My dining partner doesn't eat seafood and that drastically reduced her dining options. She did settle on having pasta and meatballs, which was good. I didn't enjoy what I had and can't really remember what that was as it was unremarkable.Special Features:
- Wonderful live entertainment!WhoanylleDined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed the evening - great food, great service, fantastic entertainment!Special Features:
- Excellent overallMadurodaveDined on 9/3/2014Food was excellent. My wife and I shared an appetizer (pork belly) which was truly excellent with the mustard sauce. We each had an entree that we shared with each other (the tuna and salmon). Both extremely well prepared. Dessert was a shared dessert of the night's special cheesecake (almond joy) that was a delight to behold and even better to taste! Finally, my wife had a cappuccino that was excellent and I had an after-dinner drink. A great night! We left very full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand Slam Again ...In2HotSpotsROYGBIVVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was a return visit for me and once again the team did an awesome job with service, presentation and food. The team really accommodates every need and request for their guests. I tend to eat on the leaner side and there is never an issue with modifying the menu to help me stay fit. They even remembered my needs from when I was there a month ago! I love to cook myself and I know if there is no "love" in the kitchen the food comes out like day-old fast food. With that in mind, you can tell there is a team in the kitchen that truly has a passion for their menu - everything is incredible ... down to mom's desserts. Solo is family run and the restaurant is based on a "great Italian home" where everyone is greeted like family. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Solo Trattoriaciaohound7Dined on 8/30/2014Stopped in for an early (5:30) Saturday night dinner and thought we'd be the only one's in the place but by 6:00 the place was humming. Our entrees (mine: gnocchi with burgundy beef, wife's: spaghetti squash with sauteed vegetables and chicken medallions) were both very good and the portion size is just right. Live music (solo guitar player/singer).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindReviewmanVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great service...good wine...really good food! Not hard to find, the way some people say in other reviews. Valet parking is free. Try it!Special Features: